Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alasizon

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 am

travaz wrote:
I would think that gates could be designed to be rapidly switched from Airline to Airline. Set up some strategically placed flat screens and with a few keystrokes switch all identification from one airline to another.

The existing T4 CUTE screens and computers can be a bit clunky as it stands because they don't handle delayed flights very well. Ideally, it would be great if the City's new GMS linked up with the GIDS controller and pushed data to it.

Sevensixtyseven

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 am

Any word if AA's Hawaii ops will be a bit more..complete? It seems that going back to the America West days, there are intermittent issues with running a timely operation. AA appears down to 10 75Hs based in PHX for the primary mission of Hawaii, but it seems that some ops still run relatively late. Correct me if I'm wrong.

travaz

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 am

I think it was Saturday the A330 ran 10 hours late leaving PHX to HNL. The 75's were on time.

MO11

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 am

N939UW did a turnaround on Sunday. I've seen that several times, but over 15 years.

I heard from a flight attendant that the 757s will be replaced with MAX.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 am

MO11 wrote:
I heard from a flight attendant that the 757s will be replaced with MAX.

I agree that's very likely to be the case, but bear in mind that line employees are generally terrible sources on the subjects of fleet and route planning. On the contrary, they're very often the last to know on stuff like this, and typically find out along with the rest of us!

If and until they order the proposed 797, then the MAX or 321neo are likely to be the largest aircraft to Hawaii long term, apart from the single A330 frequency (I guess it's daily now?). It would be nice if they brought over a couple of 763s, because I think they'd be a good fit for a couple of daily frequencies, but that doesn't look too likely for the time being.

skyharborshome

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:02 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
wn676 wrote:
I think another aspect we may be overlooking is that the city may make these gates common-use, which has the potential to increase gate capacity and utilization without increasing the actual gate count, on the north concourse at least. They are specifying podiums and gate readers as well as a RIDS system which are things that are normally under the purview of the tenant.

That's how it should be, as far as I'm concerned. I understand allowing the hub carriers to have gate exclusivity, but the concept of specifically allocated gates to non-hub tenants seems extremely antiquated. It reduces flexibility and efficiency when things aren't common-use. The city would be smart to go that route. The airlines might pitch a bit of a fit, but they'll get over it.

Agreed. Tying up one gate for HA has always seemed odd and even some of the F9 flights could share. The fact they added this capability downstairs for ticketing might indicate they are willing to do the same with the gates.

skyharborshome

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Sure that many of you saw that AS will add PAE from PHX. I think this is a pretty awesome route.

airzona11

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 pm

How have the delays been with the north runway out of commission? Any good shots of the BA 747 coming in on 25/7?

skyharborshome wrote:
Sure that many of you saw that AS will add PAE from PHX. I think this is a pretty awesome route.

Cool to see that. Have a few trips to Seattle, going to see when they go on sale and try it out. Great plane viewing once at PAE.

Osubuckeyes

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Last night while I was leaving the airport westbound there were probably 10 AA airbus parked on the North ramp at the west end of 8-26.... Are they sending a bunch to the desert or are all of these spares?

airzona11

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Last night while I was leaving the airport westbound there were probably 10 AA airbus parked on the North ramp at the west end of 8-26.... Are they sending a bunch to the desert or are all of these spares?

On many nights they park a lot of birds there.

Rdeggendorfer

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:41 pm

The MAX’s are NOT coming ETOPS. New plan is the NEO’s will be and they will continue doing the LAX and PHX Hawaii flying. Well, that’s the latest plan we have received that is accurate as of today. Most of the MAX planes are going to MIA at first to add more seats to the Caribbean.

777PHX

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Rdeggendorfer wrote:
The MAX’s are NOT coming ETOPS. New plan is the NEO’s will be and they will continue doing the LAX and PHX Hawaii flying. Well, that’s the latest plan we have received that is accurate as of today. Most of the MAX planes are going to MIA at first to add more seats to the Caribbean.

That was my understanding as well. The original plan was to fly the MAX to Hawaii from PHX, but that changed some time ago and now it's going to be the NEO. Or, who knows, they could continue upgauging and we could see more of the A330 alongside the NEO.

Does anyone know if the MAXes are overwater equipped?

skyharborshome

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:

These are probably all the RONs. Although we keep hearing the number of AA planes are decreasing that come to PHX, the number of RONs seem to have increased. This gets into route planning and other things of which I am not privy.

I have also noticed on some days (typically Saturday night) the number of WN birds stacked up on the east side of S4 (or is it S1; I get them backwards) is pretty impressive.

wn676

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:59 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
Osubuckeyes wrote:

These are probably all the RONs. Although we keep hearing the number of AA planes are decreasing that come to PHX, the number of RONs seem to have increased. This gets into route planning and other things of which I am not privy.

I have also noticed on some days (typically Saturday night) the number of WN birds stacked up on the east side of S4 (or is it S1; I get them backwards) is pretty impressive.

AA will also park aircraft out there when there are significant IRROPS and cancellations in other parts of the network. With a storm rolling through the southeast right now, it could be related to that as well.

JustWingIt

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 am

skyharborshome wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. Their plans are to used Horizon E175s. Although Idk where they will park it, as the E175 gates in T2 are set up for UA, which their boarding setup is a lot different from AS. My guess is they will utilize one of the five empty gate doors at the AS end of T2, as this route will be in operation before the big T3 move finishes.

wn676

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 am

JustWingIt wrote:
skyharborshome wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. Their plans are to used Horizon E175s. Although Idk where they will park it, as the E175 gates in T2 are set up for UA, which their boarding setup is a lot different from AS. My guess is they will utilize one of the five empty gate doors at the AS end of T2, as this route will be in operation before the big T3 move finishes.

There isn’t much room at all at the south end of T2 as the VSR already encroaches into the OFA of TWY D. Those doors are more or less useless at this point. It isn’t that big of an exercise to fit the E175 into their existing gates though. The door sill height is about a foot lower than the 737 at 7.5’, well within the lower range of most PLBs, and slope shouldn’t be a problem either with the lengths of the bridges.

JustWingIt

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm

wn676 wrote:
JustWingIt wrote:
skyharborshome wrote:

There isn’t much room at all at the south end of T2 as the VSR already encroaches into the OFA of TWY D. Those doors are more or less useless at this point. It isn’t that big of an exercise to fit the E175 into their existing gates though. The door sill height is about a foot lower than the 737 at 7.5’, well within the lower range of most PLBs, and slope shouldn’t be a problem either with the lengths of the bridges.

That's very true, that could work. There is always the currently empty gate 9, which doesn't really encroach on TWY D as it is in between 11 and 7

Spotter787

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Rdeggendorfer wrote:

Are the NEO airbus or another variant of the 737?

wn676

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Spotter787 wrote:
Rdeggendorfer wrote:

Are the NEO airbus or another variant of the 737?

Airbus. AA will be taking delivery of the A321neo.

allegiantflyer

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 am

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

I noticed hidden in this press release, DL sates they will be using "larger aircraft" on flights to Phoenix. Does this mean DL will be going mainline to SEA year round?

Also a huge shoutout to the AS PAE-PHX route. PHX sees a very small amount of E175's for an airport of its size, I look forward to seeing the AS 175's (Especially considering how great the AS livery looks on the 175).

alasizon

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 am

Does anyone have any info on what happened with the citation that had the landing incident this morning on 7R?

allegiantflyer wrote:

I noticed hidden in this press release, DL sates they will be using "larger aircraft" on flights to Phoenix. Does this mean DL will be going mainline to SEA year round?

Also a huge shoutout to the AS PAE-PHX route. PHX sees a very small amount of E175's for an airport of its size, I look forward to seeing the AS 175's (Especially considering how great the AS livery looks on the 175).

I'd assume the "larger aircraft" refers to the 330 & 764 that have been pretty consistent to/from ATL.

The reason PHX doesn't see as many 175s as other similar airports is two fold:
1) WN doesn't operate the 175
2) AA's gates aren't setup for the 175 for the most part and its a CRJ primary operation with neither OO or YV operating 175s for AA.

MO11

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:35 am

alasizon wrote:
Does anyone have any info on what happened with the citation that had the landing incident this morning on 7R?

Cessna 182, regular customer out of Yuma.......

wn676

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:57 am

MO11 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Heard that an Airbus had previously departed and that jet blast may have been a factor. That was second-hand though.

allegiantflyer

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 am

alasizon wrote:

allegiantflyer wrote:

I'd assume the "larger aircraft" refers to the 330 & 764 that have been pretty consistent to/from ATL.

The reason PHX doesn't see as many 175s as other similar airports is two fold:
1) WN doesn't operate the 175
2) AA's gates aren't setup for the 175 for the most part and its a CRJ primary operation with neither OO or YV operating 175s for AA.

My bad I forgot to post the link.

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-seattle-g ... aight-year

specifically mentions Phoenix from Seattle

MO11

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 pm

MO11 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Jet blast encounter from AA 319 departing from 7L.

skyharborshome

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 pm

allegiantflyer wrote:

Yayyyy we get MD-90s!! Kidding kidding. I routinely take those birds between ATL and BNA. I love the history of them and they used to be my favorite plane when I was younger. Now they are not my preference.

The interesting thing about the E-175s is you do not feel like you are on a regional jet as most of you know. I love the PHX-SEA route. Because of this and with SEA being a focus city obviously, I wonder if an A321 would come into play here. Either them upgrading that route to an A321 or getting a 739 from another route. Either way, I really hope they do not put an A320 on the route cause they are awful compared to the other options DL has. Every flight I have taken to SEA from here is full and if they can match or beat AS prices, they can fill a bigger frame. Interesting this will happen at the same time as the new PAE competition.

skyharborshome

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

MO11 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Jet blast encounter from AA 319 departing from 7L.

He was landing or taking off? The only pictures I saw looked like he was at the end of the runway. If taking off this could be attributed to closure of 8. Reason? Obviously, arrivals usually come in on 8 and 7R with departures from 7L. When I have departed in a single engine plane, they have asked for an intersection takeoff about halfway down 7R/26L. This means you have no wake since you are taking off after a landing. If on landing then that is a more interesting discussion of controller separation and pilot touch down point. Having to close the runway for this type of thing probably stacked up things big time since that meant one runway for a while. I am sure the full report will be a fun read.

I recently had a pretty bad wake turbulence impact in the air a few weeks ago and is a reminder that it is no joke.

This is why generally airlines hate GA and want them no where near the big boys. As someone who has landed at several of the larger commercial airports I will admit I do everything I can to get in and get out as fast as possible without causing any disruption. Sometimes controllers have the same attitude which I fully understand.

Osubuckeyes

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Looks like regarding the DL increase in capacity that it is mostly 717s in to SEA throughout the summer, they had done this in the past, but then brought it back down to exclusively E175 for a the last year or so.

Looking at PHX-DTW it looks like they are upgauging some of the 320s to 321s. MSP looks about the same, but it seems that the 1245-1am redeye looks to be permanent on peak days, previously it had been winter/spring only.

ATL looks like the 767/330 has been extended into may thus far, summer is showing all 321s, which could just be a place holder. JFK seems about the same.

Looks like LAX has an extra frequency... I know at times they have run 4x, but it seems to be 5x now.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 am

skyharborshome wrote:
I recently had a pretty bad wake turbulence impact in the air a few weeks ago and is a reminder that it is no joke.

Just curious, but how do you know that it was specifically wake turbulence and not low level windshear or turbulence? It's not to say that aircraft aren't affected by wake turbulence, but standard separation makes wake turbulence somewhat unusual, hence why I'm asking. If you experienced general bumps or loss of altitude, I'd be willing to bet it was turbulence or LLWS. Wake turbulence usually causes the aircraft to roll somewhat.

To clarify, if the C172 suffered jet blast from the A319, that wouldn't be the same thing as wake turbulence. Jet blast occurs between two aircraft on the ground and is a result of air propelled through the engine (ergo, being blasted by a jet). Jet blast can happen with people, vehicles, aircraft, or even buildings. Wingtip vortices are the cause of wake turbulence, and they can only occur while the aircraft is wheels up. The second that wheels hit the runway, the vortices cease.

skyharborshome wrote:
This is why generally airlines hate GA and want them no where near the big boys. As someone who has landed at several of the larger commercial airports I will admit I do everything I can to get in and get out as fast as possible without causing any disruption. Sometimes controllers have the same attitude which I fully understand.

As a controller, I can assure you that this isn't the case with most of us, even if it may seem that way. While VFR flight following can be annoying when we're busy, we treat a target on the scope equally. We will quite possibly be making fun of how slow you're going, but it's not an annoyance when it's part of the job. I can't really speak for tower controllers since I'm not one, but I can understand some frustration since they have to apply additional separation — but again, it's their job. In the radar environment, we pay the same attention to a 777 as we do a PA28 if they're both IFR. If anything, we'll keep a closer eye on the little guy to make sure he doesn't run into weather or some other hazardous situation. Airliners have the tech and knowhow to generally keep out of trouble, not to mention highly reliable jet engines. The hobby pilot on his monthly IFR cross-country in his Skyhawk can run into trouble fast, so that fact isn't lost on us.

MO11

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
To clarify, if the C172 suffered jet blast from the A319, that wouldn't be the same thing as wake turbulence. Jet blast occurs between two aircraft on the ground and is a result of air propelled through the engine (ergo, being blasted by a jet). Jet blast can happen with people, vehicles, aircraft, or even buildings. Wingtip vortices are the cause of wake turbulence, and they can only occur while the aircraft is wheels up. The second that wheels hit the runway, the vortices cease.

The report did say wake turbulence from departing A319. But I found this pretty much unlikely unless the Cessna landed halfway down 7R (which it didn't. This guy is a regular, lands short and turns off into Cutter). I'm not sure there could have been residual wake turbulence from the previous arrival.

The best case of jet blast I've ever seen involved a 747 departing JFK for Tokyo on 31L. Tower taxiied an American Eagle Shorts 360 into position, and the blast from the 747 blew the dumpster into the blast fence.

skyharborshome

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 am

There is a lot of confusion here. The initial report is saying he was departing and was hit by wake turbulence which we would call jet blast. Will have to wait for the report I guess.

alasizon

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:26 am

skyharborshome wrote:
There is a lot of confusion here. The initial report is saying he was departing and was hit by wake turbulence which we would call jet blast. Will have to wait for the report I guess.

The city's original notification also put it out as a citation upside down. Turns out to be a Skylane on its left wing.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:34 am

So it seems that we've established the following:

- There was a Cessna
- There was turbulence of some sort

MO11

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:07 am

It was a Cessna T182, I saw the video of it being towed off the runway. It did not flip over, else the runway wouldn't have opened so quickly. The FAA daily report is reporting "wake turbulence", but that report is frequently incomplete or inaccurate. And we know that the 7110.65 instructs you to classify "jet blast" as "wake turbulence", so we're starting with a disadvantage.

chrisair

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 am

airzona77 wrote:
How have the delays been with the north runway out of commission?

They suck. Got put into a brief hold at 7p on Thursday night coming from YEG. That happened after ATC gave us a 30 minute delay up in YEG and then vectored us around from Cedar City south.

Was an hour late leaving on day one of the shut down at 6p.

On the plus side, we made such good time (1:57 total flight time) on my SEA-PHX flight two weeks ago, we were 30 minutes early. I ran some old people over to get off the plane and into my car and get home.

Lesson is fly first thing in the morning or the real late night arrivals.

atcsundevil wrote:
The hobby pilot on his monthly IFR cross-country in his Skyhawk can run into trouble fast, so that fact isn't lost on us.

Just wanted to share a story about your ATC brethren (or maybe it was you?). A few years ago I hitched a ride with a friend of mine on a DA42 up to Page. All was going swimmingly at 11k feet, when he got this panicked look on his face and said "oh no. We've got a stuck mic." Of course, he couldn't figure out why it was stuck, but sure enough his mic was stuck and we had been transmitting on PHX Departure for a few minutes about who knows what.

He ended up switching his radio off and plugged in to my headset and squawked 7600 the whole 50 minutes or so up to Page. ATC and even the commercial guys on our frequencies were exceptional, offering to relay messages if we could transmit on the guard freq so we didn't tie everyone up.

The cause of the stuck mic: someone at SDL left the handheld mic plugged in and stuck a binder on top of it. Once we started jostling things around, I guess it lodged itself on the transmit button.

Aside from that little issue, the DA42 is a real nice bird.

alasizon

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:04 pm

chrisair wrote:
airzona77 wrote:

They suck. Got put into a brief hold at 7p on Thursday night coming from YEG. That happened after ATC gave us a 30 minute delay up in YEG and then vectored us around from Cedar City south.

Was an hour late leaving on day one of the shut down at 6p.

On the plus side, we made such good time (1:57 total flight time) on my SEA-PHX flight two weeks ago, we were 30 minutes early. I ran some old people over to get off the plane and into my car and get home.

Lesson is fly first thing in the morning or the real late night arrivals.

Interesting that you were hit on YEG, recently the flights have either been 45+ minutes early or hit by a ~40 minute hold in YEG (we had one the other day that blocked in 69 minutes early). The flow seems to change daily based on who is working. It drives me nuts that during AM peak we can run an AAR of 40 but they will slow the PM down to 30-35 some nights (one night was down to 26) despite there being less traffic in the PM. Also a lot of the EDCTs are being handed out but then not needed as steep as planned (a lot are getting cut down by 8-10 minutes or cut down entirely). Yesterday when I came in from SLC at 8:30 in the morning, it was us plus two other AA Airbii that were on final when we rolled off the runway but yet after that there was almost a four minute gap before the next batch of arrivals which seemed odd given most of that bank hadn't arrived yet and there had been nobody in front of us for at least a couple minutes (Delta, Echo and Golf were all clear until you got to Romeo).

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 am

chrisair wrote:
Just wanted to share a story about your ATC brethren (or maybe it was you?). A few years ago I hitched a ride with a friend of mine on a DA42 up to Page. All was going swimmingly at 11k feet, when he got this panicked look on his face and said "oh no. We've got a stuck mic." Of course, he couldn't figure out why it was stuck, but sure enough his mic was stuck and we had been transmitting on PHX Departure for a few minutes about who knows what.

He ended up switching his radio off and plugged in to my headset and squawked 7600 the whole 50 minutes or so up to Page. ATC and even the commercial guys on our frequencies were exceptional, offering to relay messages if we could transmit on the guard freq so we didn't tie everyone up.

The cause of the stuck mic: someone at SDL left the handheld mic plugged in and stuck a binder on top of it. Once we started jostling things around, I guess it lodged itself on the transmit button.

Aside from that little issue, the DA42 is a real nice bird.

D'oh! Definitely wouldn't have been me — I used to work at Phoenix TRACON, but not as a controller. I'm a controller at a center on the east coast now. We use relays and have to get creative relatively often, particularly in our low sectors, and pilots (commercial or otherwise) are generally more than happy to help out. It doesn't usually work all that often, but we have a lot of tricks up our sleeves...kind of the nature of the job. Fortunately if there is a hot mic, we can override the transmission, so even if the hot mic persists, we can put out a transmission to switch aircraft onto a different frequency.

asqx

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 am

airzona11 wrote:

Got a 1hr 44min delay coming in from Durango a few days ago on my last leg of a 4 day trip. That wasn't much of an issue as it was expected. Being slowed to 170kts over Payson, then given delay vectors back to the north, then being flown out to Luke on downwind before turning back around to land on 7R. That was brutal.

skyharborshome

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Fortunately if there is a hot mic, we can override the transmission, so even if the hot mic persists, we can put out a transmission to switch aircraft onto a different frequency.

I always wondered if this was possible. You can isolate everything from that source or just talk over it to other aircraft? To be honest a stuck mic is way up there on my list of fears.

I did not know you had moved to Center. Honestly Phoenix controllers are the best and stay really calm with one exception.... "Phoenix approach [censored] 2451, student solo, request transition to Deer Valley." At that point, everything seems to change. I do not know how you guys and gals do it some times. Major kudos.

skyharborshome

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 pm

asqx wrote:
airzona11 wrote:

Got a 1hr 44min delay coming in from Durango a few days ago on my last leg of a 4 day trip. That wasn't much of an issue as it was expected. Being slowed to 170kts over Payson, then given delay vectors back to the north, then being flown out to Luke on downwind before turning back around to land on 7R. That was brutal.

We were held on the ground for about 10 mins in DEN last night (we were told it would be 20). Then once in the air we were told we had to hold over Payson for about 15 minutes and we did one 360 and were back on our way. We still landed 5 early. WN has this whole "under-promise; over-deliver" concept down pretty well. I also give credit that both times the pilot was very clear one runway was closed and that the airport was doing everything they could to manage the traffic.

MO11

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:25 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Fortunately if there is a hot mic, we can override the transmission, so even if the hot mic persists, we can put out a transmission to switch aircraft onto a different frequency.

I always wondered if this was possible.

It's not...just on the basis of how AM radio works. It depends on whether your carrier is stronger than the offender's.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
I always wondered if this was possible. You can isolate everything from that source or just talk over it to other aircraft? To be honest a stuck mic is way up there on my list of fears.

It's not nearly that advanced. Unfortunately there are a lot of limitations to the communications setup we use today, and the consistency and reliability seems to vary day-to-day. It requires some creative thinking, but it's no different from what the rest of the job entails.

cm642

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 am

Does anyone have an idea when PHX will release it's total passenger count for 2017, they seem to move pretty slow at releasing that information. DIA released their numbers within a few days of the new year. Hopefully it went up over last year.

Lennundus

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:26 am

cm642 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea when PHX will release it's total passenger count for 2017, they seem to move pretty slow at releasing that information. DIA released their numbers within a few days of the new year. Hopefully it went up over last year.

I doubt it will go up compared to 2016. AA still had a decrease in passenger numbers for most months.

JustWingIt

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Lennundus wrote:
cm642 wrote:

I doubt it will go up compared to 2016. AA still had a decrease in passenger numbers for most months.

I agree. AA is definitely decreasing, but WN is starting to grow, so idk

neomax

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 pm

JustWingIt wrote:
Lennundus wrote:
cm642 wrote:

I agree. AA is definitely decreasing, but WN is starting to grow, so idk

Sounds about right.

If Arizona's not Southwest, I don't know what is.

Vctony

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:45 pm

JustWingIt

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Also the amount of international passengers flying through PHX has increased as well.

travaz

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 am

Vctony wrote:

Can someone post the number the article is behind a paywall.

777PHX

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:26 am

43.9 million. Only a few thousand below the all time record set in 2015.

Not bad considering 2015 had the Super Bowl boosting its numbers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos