klm617 wrote:LAXdude1023 wrote:klm617 wrote:
Again all I ask was is Detroit waiving two years landing fee like other airports are and the answer is obviously no displayed by all these diversionary posts we now know BOS and ATL do does DTW waive 2 years landing fees for any airline wanting to start serve here it's a simple yes or no question. Again if DTW doesn't waive two years landing fees it puts it at a competitive disadvantage than other airports. Again on supporting service I ask you what is the O/D of ORD-AKL but yet it's attempted I bet it even isn't close to the DTW-India market which has a partner hub at each end DTW=Delta BOM=Jet Airways.
First off, BOS offers incentives ONLY to carriers wishing to fly to very specific regions. Its not a global thing.
Second, youre comparing ORD-AKL to DTW-India based off O&D alone? Ridiculous.
Obviously IAH/ORD-AKL is not a big O&D market. Heres why they doesnt matter:
1) The options to the South Pacific are FAR more limited than options to India. Its a huge reason ATL-JNB works so well.
2) IAH/ORD-New Zealand may be a small O&D market, IAH-Australia on the other hand is chalk full of J traffic and ORD-Australia is a nice sizable O&D market.
3) IAH-AKL is there to serve South Pacific-Southern US/Central America markets. ORD-AKL is there to serve South Pacific-Midwest/Northeast markets
4) Fares to the South Pacific are MUCH higher than fares to India which are typically quite low.
DTW-India doesnt need to be flown by anyone. This whole "they can have the market to themselves" bit is ridiculous. A case can be made for EK because their reach is far beyond India. DTW-BOM would be India specific.
First of all what regions is Detroit offering the 2 year landing fee waiver too none which puts it at a competitive disadvantage at gaing any service. If a big airport feels the need to do this to better attract airline service than surely Detroit needs to do the same if not better. Detroit I*India would generate a lot of J class passengers for Delta. Why is it so important for you to state all the reasons why a DTW anywhere link will not work why do you not want to see this market grow.
I dont want to see the market succeed? Detroit is one of my favorite cities otherwise I wouldnt be on this train wreck of a thread. Facts are to this thread what Faygo is to Fruit Juice.
Everything here has become so predictable:
1) A fact is pointed out
2) Certain posters dont like it
3) Context is provided
4) Facts are demonized and called irrelevant
5) Conspiracies about about the WCAA and DL
Because everything here is now apparently about feelings and not facts, how do I (a "fact knower") lay down a factual argument without hurting feelings? And why should I care? Everything Ive posted has been factual. I refuse to let them be cherry picked or thrown out of context.