juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:21 am

Update as of 30 March 2018:
Airbus A330-223 MSN 454 EC-MTT Wamos Air Position 29 March 2018 MAD-BOG ex EI-GFE
Airbus A330-223 MSN 469 EC-MTU Wamos Air Delivery 27 March 2018 ZRH-MAD, EI-reg ex EI-GFF
Airbus A330-223 MSN 493 F-HTAC Aigle Azur Ferried 28 March 2018 MLA-LDE, EI-reg after paint prior delivery ex EI-GFG
Airbus A330-243 MSN 728 C-GUBL Air Transat Registered on 27 ar18, delivery 29mar18 PVG-YVR ex B-6121
Airbus A330-342 MSN 895 OO-SFC Brussels Airlines Delivery 28 March 2018 HKG-BRU prior paint at FCO ex B-LAG
Airbus A330-343 MSN 1846 B-1062 China Southern Delivery 27 March 2018 TLS-TSN ex F-WWKA
Airbus A330-343 MSN 1852 B-1063 China Southern Delivery 2 March 2018 TLS-CAN ex F-WWCD
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:05 am

Sad Update:
Airbus A340-642 MSN 736 G-VWIN Virgin Atlantic Ferried 26 March 2018 LGW-ATL-TUP for part-out & scrap ex F-WWCL

"Lady Luck" ran out of luck.......
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
QF744ER
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:59 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 am

Any idea which is the 4th ex AB A332 VS will be taking and/or it's intended future rego?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 am

Is msn 525 A332 (OE-IER, planned for Onur Air as TC-OCO) and msn 1164 A332F (OE-IFJ, ntu by RJ, planned for TK) still in MZJ?
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:40 am

Updates as on 4th April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 MSN 322 G-VLNM Virgin Atlantic Air-test 05 April 2017 LDE-LETL-LDE prior paint and delivery ex D-ABXB
Airbus A330-342 MSN 915 OO-SFB Brussels Airlines Ferried 04 April 2018 FCO-FRA after paint into Eurowings cs ex B-LAH
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Andre3K
Topic Author
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 am

I will admit, I am not much of a A330 (except the GE powered ones) fan but I love the look of the A340 Classics. Never got to fly on one though. I remember the first and only time I saw one takeoff in real life, I remember thinking "Wow that beast is really hugging the runway". Sad to see the aircraft variety slowly dying out.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 am

Updates on 9th April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 MSN 223 CS-TOJ TAP Air Portugal Air-test 04 April 2018 at LIS, all white prior return to lessor ex OE-LAM
Airbus A340-313 MSN 207 F-GLZK Joon Ferried 04 April 2018 AUH-CDG after paint on transfer
Airbus A340-313 MSN 246 F-GLZO Air France Ferried 03 April 2018 CDG-AUH for paint prior transfer to Jon
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:43 pm

According to Turkish Airlines, they have sold msn 902 A345, which was bought from Republic of Tunisia in 2016 and was in use for Turkish Government. Does anybody know to whom the aircraft has gone?
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

Update 10 April 2018:
Airbus A330-202 MSN 571 A7-ACE Qatar Airways ferried 04 April 2018 DOH-DUB, for paint prior transfer to Air Italy ex F-WWKF
Airbus A340-642 MSN 933 2-FIEX European Aviation ferried 07 April 2018 AUH-BOH, still all white ex A6-EHJ
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:59 am

Update on 13th April 2018:

A new delivery:
Airbus A340-313 MSN 406 3DC-SDF Government of Swaziland Delivery 1 April 2018 HAM-MTS, ops by Royal Swazi National Airways ex B-18802

Trivia: This is one of two ex-CI seven A343 that remains in active service after leaving the fleet. The other being B-18851 ex-SQ aircraft, now active as Qatar Amiri Flight A7-AAH.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
FatCat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 am

Quatar's A346 to Air Italy anytime soon? Too much capacity IMHO but who knows
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 am

FatCat wrote:
Quatar's A346 to Air Italy anytime soon? Too much capacity IMHO but who knows

Actually it's A330-202 being off loaded from Qatar Airways to Air Italy.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 am

Updates as on 17th April 2018:
Airbus A330-243 427 C-GTSI Air Transat In service 14 April 2018 YYZ-FCO, for paint ex G-OJMB
Airbus A330-243 427 C-GTSI Air Transat Ferried 04 April 2018 WAW-YYZ after winter-lease to Travel Service Poland ex G-OJMB
Airbus A330-203 535 OE-IFW SMBC Aviation Capital Ferried 13 April 2018 LDE-DUB for paint into? ex VP-BDV
Airbus A330-202 571 EI-GFX Air Italy At DUB 15 April 2018 in full cs prior delivery ex A7-ACE
Airbus A330-243 971 C-GTSZ Air Transat F erried / in svc 14 April 2018 DUS-FCO-YYZ after wet-lease to Condor ex XA-MXQ
Airbus A340-313 406 3DC-SDF Government of Swaziland Delivery 12 April 2018 HAM-MTS, ops by Royal Swazi National Airways ex B-18802

Source: skyliner-aviation.de
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
FatCat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 am

juliuswong wrote:
FatCat wrote:
Quatar's A346 to Air Italy anytime soon? Too much capacity IMHO but who knows

Actually it's A330-202 being off loaded from Qatar Airways to Air Italy.

Yes, I read the news. There are big expectations in Italy for this new carrier. And for Qatari money btw.
Hopefully we'll see also the A346s. But it's more a dream than a reality.
Thanks Juliuswong for the great update work on this topic.
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:16 am

FatCat wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
FatCat wrote:
Quatar's A346 to Air Italy anytime soon? Too much capacity IMHO but who knows

Actually it's A330-202 being off loaded from Qatar Airways to Air Italy.

Yes, I read the news. There are big expectations in Italy for this new carrier. And for Qatari money btw.
Hopefully we'll see also the A346s. But it's more a dream than a reality.
Thanks Juliuswong for the great update work on this topic.

You are welcome FatCat.

Yea, it would be a dream. As per their press statement during Air Italy launching, their fleet will comprise of five A332 and 20 B737MAX. The five A332 will eventually be replaced by QR's B787.

https://www.airitaly.com/cms/deploy/1/I ... 2.2018.pdf
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
FatCat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 am

Yep. Orders will be raised up to 30 pcs of 787s eventually.
Hopefully this new carrier will succeed. AZ is more of a walking (flying) dead by now.
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 am

Updates of on 23rd April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 493 F-HTAC Aigle Azur Delivery 21 April 2018 LDE-ORY ex EI-GFG
Airbus A330-223 739 EI-GCZ I-Fly Delivery 20 April 2018 GIG-VKO ex D-ALPH
Airbus A330-243 971 C-GTSZ Air Transat Ferried / in svc 14 April 2018 DUS-FCO-YYZ after wet-lease to Condor ex XA-MXQ
Airbus A330-343 1868 B- China Eastern Delivery 17 April 2018 TLS-TSN, F-reg, for cabin config & paint ex F-WWYQ
Airbus A330-343 1878 N804AV Avianca Delivery 21 April 2018 AUH-TFS ex B-22102
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
audidudi
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:17 am

juliuswong wrote:
Updates of on 23rd April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 493 F-HTAC Aigle Azur Delivery 21 April 2018 LDE-ORY ex EI-GFG
Airbus A330-223 739 EI-GCZ I-Fly Delivery 20 April 2018 GIG-VKO ex D-ALPH
Airbus A330-243 971 C-GTSZ Air Transat Ferried / in svc 14 April 2018 DUS-FCO-YYZ after wet-lease to Condor ex XA-MXQ
Airbus A330-343 1868 B- China Eastern Delivery 17 April 2018 TLS-TSN, F-reg, for cabin config & paint ex F-WWYQ
Airbus A330-343 1878 N804AV Avianca Delivery 21 April 2018 AUH-TFS ex B-22102
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

There is an obvious error in the MSN # of the Avianca aircraft which should be 1378, not 1878.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:18 am

audidudi wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Updates of on 23rd April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 493 F-HTAC Aigle Azur Delivery 21 April 2018 LDE-ORY ex EI-GFG
Airbus A330-223 739 EI-GCZ I-Fly Delivery 20 April 2018 GIG-VKO ex D-ALPH
Airbus A330-243 971 C-GTSZ Air Transat Ferried / in svc 14 April 2018 DUS-FCO-YYZ after wet-lease to Condor ex XA-MXQ
Airbus A330-343 1868 B- China Eastern Delivery 17 April 2018 TLS-TSN, F-reg, for cabin config & paint ex F-WWYQ
Airbus A330-343 1878 N804AV Avianca Delivery 21 April 2018 AUH-TFS ex B-22102
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

There is an obvious error in the MSN # of the Avianca aircraft which should be 1378, not 1878.


Thank you for the correction. The website has since amended the entry. Avianca will receive another ex-GE A333 MSN 1357 B-22101, new registration N803AV. Currently at AUH receiving paint and configuration.

Update as on 25th April 2018:
Airbus A330-223 444 F-HTIC Aigle Azur ferried 24 April 2018 MLA-LDE, EI-reg after paint prior delivery ex EI-GFD
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:27 am

Summary for airberlin A330-223 fleet movement:
MSN 288 D-ABXA Stored at LDE 20 Oct 2017 as OE-IGD, Returned to GECAS
MSN 322 D-ABXB Currently being prepared for Virgin Atlantic as G-VLNM
MSN 403 D-ALPA Currently active with Virgin Atlantic Airways as G-VMNK
MSN 432 D-ALPB Currently active with Virgin Atlantic Airways as G-VMIK
MSN 444 D-ALPC Soon to join Aigle Azur as F-HTIC
MSN 454 D-ALPD Soon to join Wamos Air as EC-MTT
MSN 469 D-ALPE Soon to join Wamos Air as EC-MTU
MSN 476 D-ALPF Currently active with Virgin Atlantic Airways as G-VWND
MSN 493 D-ALPG Soon to join Aigle Azur as F-HTAC
MSN 665 D-ABXC Currently active with Malaysia Airlines as 9M-MTU
MSN 739 D-ALPH Currently active with I-Fly as EI-GCZ
MSN 802 D-ABXG Soon to join Evelop Air as EC-MTY
MSN 822 D-ABXD Currently active with Malaysia Airlines as 9M-MTV
MSN 828 D-ALPI Currently stored as EI-GFJ, Returned to AerCap
MSN 911 D-ALPJ Soon to join Malaysia Airlines as 9M-MT*
MSN 968 D-ABXE Soon to join Malaysia Airlines as 9M-MT*
MSN 1112 D-ABXF Currently stored as EI-GFM, Returned to AerCap

MSN 828 and 1112 may go to Malaysia Airlines.
Only one A332 MSN 288 is unemployed after airberlin folded.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:50 am

First Youtube video of 9M-MTU in service with Malaysia Airlines is now available online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SitGEWNZeI0

Recently, the new-ish A332 have been busy with BKK flight. The 7pm departure from BKK is often cancelled, combined with 9pm+ flight.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 1605
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 am

Yakamoz wrote:
According to Turkish Airlines, they have sold msn 902 A345, which was bought from Republic of Tunisia in 2016 and was in use for Turkish Government. Does anybody know to whom the aircraft has gone?


Ownership was transferred to the Government of Turkey outright, instead of the airline. It's still a TK-operated frame.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Updates on the two A332s for Aigle Azur:

Airbus A330-223 444 F-HTIC Aigle Azur ferried 24 April 2018 MLA-LDE (EI-reg after paint, prior delivery) ex EI-GFD

Airbus A330-223 493 F-HTAC Aigle Azur delivery 21 April 2018 LDE-ORY ex EI-GFG
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

MSN 491 A332 TC-OCM has started Onur Air service today. Sister MSN 509 TC-OCN has been ferried from CAI to IST after maintenance and will probably start flying for Onur soon.

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
According to Turkish Airlines, they have sold msn 902 A345, which was bought from Republic of Tunisia in 2016 and was in use for Turkish Government. Does anybody know to whom the aircraft has gone?


Ownership was transferred to the Government of Turkey outright, instead of the airline. It's still a TK-operated frame.


Thanks!
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 am

Update: 26th April 2018: The One That Got Away!

Airbus A340-313 MSN 318 N318MK 80C2 Partners Ferried 24 April 2018 SFB-KBL, for Kam Air? ex RP-C3436

Flight playback : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N318MK
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:59 am

Update as on 27th April 2018:
Airbus A330-203 MSN 535 OE-IFW SMBC Aviation Capital at DUB 26 April 2018 in all white cs after paint ex VP-BDV
Airbus A340-313 MSN 190 CS-TQY HiFly Ferried 26 April 2018 LETL-BRU after storage ex A6-ERQ
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
audidudi
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am

Update to reply #125 above:

Airbus A340-313 318 YA- Kam Air delivery 24 April 2018 SFB-KBL, N-reg ex N318MK
 
trex8
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:04 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm

This was on Speednews, 3 of the ex CI A343s
402 A340-313X B-18801 China Airlines, to Aersale Inc. as N402XA and rgd. 18/4/18.
411 A340-313X B-18803 China Airlines, to Aersale Inc. as N411XA and rgd. 18/4/18.
415 A340-313X B-18805 China Airlines, to Aersale Inc. as N415XA and rgd. 18/4/18.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Deleted-wrong thread!
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:16 am

Update as at 30th April 2018
Airbus A330 -243 751 S7-ADB Air Seychelles ferried 28apr18 AUH-NAN after interim storage ex A6-EYY
Airbus A330 -342 895 OO-SFC Brussels Airlines ferried 28apr18 FRA-FCO, for paint into Eurowings cs ex B-LAG
Airbus A330 -343 1851 B-1014 Lucky Air ferried 27apr18 TLS-LDE, F-reg for interim storage prior delivery ex F-WWYY
Airbus A340 -313 354 OO-SCX Brussels Airlines Eurowings cs, first in svc 28apr18 DUS-VIE-DUS ex D-AIGX
Airbus A340 -313 483 9H-SOL HiFly Malta ferried 28apr18 CAI-LPBJ ex T7-MAN
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 am

Update as on 2nd May 2018:
Airbus A330-223 322 G-VLNM Virgin Atlantic ferried 01 May 2018 LDE-CBG for paint ex D-ABXB
Airbus A330-243 751 DQ-FJO Fiji Airways delivery 28 April 2018 AUH-NAN, S7-reg ex S7-ADB
Airbus A330-342 895 OO-SFC Brussels Airlines Ferried 28 April 2018 FRA-FCO, for paint into Eurowings cs ex B-LAG
Airbus A330-342 915 OO-SFB Brussels Airlines Ferried and In Service 29-30 April 2018 FRA-DUS-JFK-DUS, Eurowings cs ex B-LAH
Airbus A340-313 210 TF-EAB Air Atlanta Icelandic Ferried 01 May 2018 TNR-DRS prior return to svc with Air Madagascar ex F-GLZL
Airbus A340-313 215 EC-MFB Plus Ultra Líneas Aéreas Ferried 30 April 2018 TLV-MAD prior rtn to svc ex A9C-LH
Airbus A340-313 354 OO-SCX Brussels Airlines In Eurowings cs, first in svc 28 April 2018 DUS-VIE-DUS ex D-AIGX
Source: http://skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=2

A flurry of activities for A330/A340. A good sign!
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 1:46 am

The 4 Olympic Airways/Airlines Airbus A340-300s were storied from 2009 and 2 reactivated in 2017 as follows:

SX-DFA - scrapped at Athens in 2013
SX-DFB - scrapped at Athens in 2014
SX-DFC - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man
SX-DFD - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 2:31 am

Melbourne wrote:
The 4 Olympic Airways/Airlines Airbus A340-300s were storied from 2009 and 2 reactivated in 2017 as follows:

SX-DFA - scrapped at Athens in 2013
SX-DFB - scrapped at Athens in 2014
SX-DFC - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man
SX-DFD - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man

The story revolving around the illegal import of SX-DFC and SX-DFD. http://defensenews-alert.blogspot.sg/20 ... uires.html

SX-DFC remains stored at THR to date, SX-DFD is flying now as Mahan Air EP-MMT.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 3:41 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Melbourne wrote:
The 4 Olympic Airways/Airlines Airbus A340-300s were storied from 2009 and 2 reactivated in 2017 as follows:

SX-DFA - scrapped at Athens in 2013
SX-DFB - scrapped at Athens in 2014
SX-DFC - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man
SX-DFD - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man

The story revolving around the illegal import of SX-DFC and SX-DFD. http://defensenews-alert.blogspot.sg/20 ... uires.html

SX-DFC remains stored at THR to date, SX-DFD is flying now as Mahan Air EP-MMT.


Fantastic find, you should know these aircraft stored at LGAV for sometime prior to being exported had light blue masking placed over the logo, flag and name of the aircraft which seeing that link, the Iranians have removed it and shown the original identity of the aircraft.

Similarly also from Athens a Hellenic Imperial Belong 747-200B was ferried to Pakistan and flying over Iran made an emergency landing at Tehran, never left since and it was acquired by Iran air.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Thu May 03, 2018 2:09 am

Updates as on 3rd May 2018:
Airbus A330-342 895 OO-SFC Brussels Airlines Ferried 28apr18 FRA-FCO, for paint into Eurowings cs ex B-LAG
Airbus A340-313 215 EC-MFB Plus Ultra Líneas Aéreas Ferried 30apr18 TLV-MAD prior rtn to svc ex A9C-LH
Source: http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.m ... av4&page=2

What is happening with Brussels Airlines? Seems like their recent A333 addition are now all heading to Eurowings. Is LH Group clipping SN's growth?
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
cougar15
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Thu May 03, 2018 4:11 am

Melbourne wrote:
The 4 Olympic Airways/Airlines Airbus A340-300s were storied from 2009 and 2 reactivated in 2017 as follows:

SX-DFA - scrapped at Athens in 2013
SX-DFB - scrapped at Athens in 2014
SX-DFC - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man
SX-DFD - January 2017 sold to Mahan Air via a Kazakh middle man


I recall a lot of talk about these being without any sort of maintenance paperwork as disgruntled former MX employees had destroyed it. Wonder how they were managed to be flown out if there is any truth to that
some you lose, others you can´t win!
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 5:21 am

cougar15 wrote:

I recall a lot of talk about these being without any sort of maintenance paperwork as disgruntled former MX employees had destroyed it. Wonder how they were managed to be flown out if there is any truth to that


Considering how they were sold and who they were sold to I don't doubt the fact that the normal processes of sales occurred
 
GRJGeorge
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 6:32 am

Do you have any information about A340-500 aircraft that was purchased by Global Aviation of South Africa, it seems one is already registered for them?
 
User avatar
cougar15
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 am

Melbourne wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

I recall a lot of talk about these being without any sort of maintenance paperwork as disgruntled former MX employees had destroyed it. Wonder how they were managed to be flown out if there is any truth to that


Considering how they were sold and who they were sold to I don't doubt the fact that the normal processes of sales occurred


With you 100%, just wondering that the Greek authorities let them fly out under those circumstances, especially as the local regulator was well aware of the issues.
some you lose, others you can´t win!
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 12302
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 10:51 am

cougar15 wrote:
I recall a lot of talk about these being without any sort of maintenance paperwork as disgruntled former MX employees had destroyed it. Wonder how they were managed to be flown out if there is any truth to that


Sounds like a tall story, maintenace records are computerized, the paperwork has no relevance after it is inputted into the maintenance program. The more difficult question is for parts which are not installed on an aircraft they normally do have paperwork with them.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
audidudi
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 2:14 pm

VS has taken one of it's previously stored A340s out of storage:

Airbus A340-642 736 G-VWIN Virgin Atlantic ferried 04-05 May 2018 TUP-SFO-MNL prior re-entry to svc ex F-WWCL

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GVWIN
 
TasosANG
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Does anybody has more info about the two of Olympic?last hear was that no possible to fly anymore because of some missing paper job but finally a company was almost to buy them for scrap. According to this list are scrapped.what happens? This company buys them finally? And where scrapped? I don’t believe that in ATH can dismantle an airplane.
:P
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 9:24 pm

TasosANG wrote:
Does anybody has more info about the two of Olympic?last hear was that no possible to fly anymore because of some missing paper job but finally a company was almost to buy them for scrap. According to this list are scrapped.what happens? This company buys them finally? And where scrapped? I don’t believe that in ATH can dismantle an airplane.


Definitely the two were scrapped at LGAV, just to the right of the main OA/(now A3/OA) hanger facility. The other two well one is flying for Mahan and the final frame is in storage at THR.
 
FatCat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 am

Looks like LH reactivated some A346s during the last days.
Anyone has the numbers?
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 am

Update as on 14th May 2018:
Airbus A330-223 223 CS-TOJ TAP Air Portugal ferried 09may18 LIS-LETL, all white on return to lessor ex OE-LAM
Airbus A330-223 322 G-VLNM Virgin Atlantic ferried 11may18 CBG-LGW after paint ex D-ABXB
Airbus A330-202 571 EI-GFX Air Italy ferried 10may18 MXP-DUB, again for paint ex A7-ACE
Airbus A340-642 933 2-FIEX European Aviation at BOH 11may18 with Azman Air titl prior delivery / wet-lease? ex A6-EHJ
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 am

TasosANG wrote:
Does anybody has more info about the two of Olympic?last hear was that no possible to fly anymore because of some missing paper job but finally a company was almost to buy them for scrap. According to this list are scrapped.what happens? This company buys them finally? And where scrapped? I don’t believe that in ATH can dismantle an airplane.

Yes, the company did managed to buy two of the four ex-OA A343s. SX-DFA and SX-DFB were scrapped in ATH. There was some photo in Flickr showing both being scrapped at the same time, but I can't find it now. Best alternative: https://www.airteamimages.com/airbus-a3 ... 68733.html

SX-DFC and SX-DFD were flown to Iran through a deal with third party. It was a shady deal. SX-DFC most probably a part donor, SX-DFD is currently flying as Mahan Airlines EP-MMT.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Update as on 14th May 2018:
Airbus A330-223 223 CS-TOJ TAP Air Portugal ferried 09may18 LIS-LETL, all white on return to lessor ex OE-LAM
Airbus A330-223 322 G-VLNM Virgin Atlantic ferried 11may18 CBG-LGW after paint ex D-ABXB
Airbus A330-202 571 EI-GFX Air Italy ferried 10may18 MXP-DUB, again for paint ex A7-ACE
Airbus A340-642 933 2-FIEX European Aviation at BOH 11may18 with Azman Air titl prior delivery / wet-lease? ex A6-EHJ
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de


The Azman Air A340-600 will replace the leased A330-200 they have that is from Egypt Air
 
IranianMan123
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Apparently the second A340, EP-APA has been grounded in Iran. https://twitter.com/Aerospacetalk/statu ... 2481536000
 
FatCat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 4:08 pm

IranianMan123 wrote:
Apparently the second A340, EP-APA has been grounded in Iran. https://twitter.com/Aerospacetalk/statu ... 2481536000

Looks like something's wrong with the front Landing gear
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
juliuswong
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: A330 and A340 write off - retirement - scrapping thread - 2018

Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Looks like the front landing gear is locked at an angle during landing.

Since the aircraft is usually used for ferrying head of state, pretty sure they will fix it.
She is too beautiful to be retired! An oldies!
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos