by738

Re: Rumor of new DY 737 TATL routes?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 am

Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:
I'm hearing it's DTW-LGW and DTW-DUB

Hearing from who exactly, what another plane enthusiast!

But seeing your a huge DTW fanboy it's not surprising that you 'heard' it, perhaps it was in your sleep that you 'heard' it.

Why do you always have to be so condescending? Its an interesting post whether you believe it or not.

bluefltspecial

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 pm

hibtastic wrote:
There is a rumour that a new DY MAX route is to be announced shortly. Anyone in the know?

Yes, new routes announcing soon.

If you'd like to know which cities, take a look at any mid to larger cities that have FIS on the East Coast that are in the 3000-3600 mi range and have "International" in the airport name but don't really see regular international service... the order for the Max was 100 aircraft, while a few routes like ARN-DXB needed the max to avoid weight restrictions, the majority of the aircraft will be used on Trans Oceanic routes at least until there are Russia overfly rights...

Keep in mind there are other certificates besides NAI that the Max can be placed on... at a later point in time...
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

klm617

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:

But seeing your a huge DTW fanboy it's not surprising that you 'heard' it, perhaps it was in your sleep that you 'heard' it.

When D8 announces DTW you'll know.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:29 pm

bluefltspecial wrote:
hibtastic wrote:
There is a rumour that a new DY MAX route is to be announced shortly. Anyone in the know?

If you'd like to know which cities, take a look at any mid to larger cities that have FIS on the East Coast that are in the 3000-3600 mi range and have "International" in the airport name but don't really see regular international service... the order for the Max was 100 aircraft, while a few routes like ARN-DXB needed the max to avoid weight restrictions, the majority of the aircraft will be used on Trans Oceanic routes at least until there are Russia overfly rights...

Keep in mind there are other certificates besides NAI that the Max can be placed on... at a later point in time...

DTW-DUB is 3488
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

A60Stock

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm

I will go as far as to say DTW is definitely something of an omission from DUB's route map, although I would also say that it's not confirmed until we see it in black and white, hence any destination could be argued for.
Types flown: A319, A320, B734, B738, B744, B77W and E195.
Airports flown to/from: DUB, JFK, LGW, LHR, LIS, LTN, PDL, SEN and STN.
Airlines flown with: AA, BA, BD, BE, EI, and FR.
Next flights: TBC

klm617

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Could we also see D8 come to ORF.

whywhyzee

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 pm

klm617 wrote:
Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Sure

nomorerjs

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Sure

More fake news. DTW’s cheerleader is at it again!

Mortyman

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm

klm617 wrote:

What international route would work for Virginia ? If Norwegian were to fly there it would be the first international route from that airport it seems ...

Cunard

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 pm

nomorerjs wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Sure

More fake news. DTW’s cheerleader is at it again!

Exactly!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

flymco753

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 pm

A60Stock wrote:
I will go as far as to say DTW is definitely something of an omission from DUB's route map, although I would also say that it's not confirmed until we see it in black and white, hence any destination could be argued for.
It’s a route fit for a DL 757 or 321N
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

Runway28L

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Norwegian has said that PIT "is on their radar", but they don't have the right amount of aircraft for such service yet.

I believe PIT-DUB/LGW are very likely for D8, but for DUB they will have to beat EI to the punch, who are getting their A321LRs in 2019.

Also noted that the ACAA likes to throw money at anyone willing to start/expand from PIT.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

Cunard

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Do you have a source or a link to where Norwegian have stated that?

Although I don't mention possible new routes for Norwegian as I'll leave that to others but as far as Pittsburgh is concerned I can honestly see it as a possibility as it has a far greater chance of happening instead of some the suggestions on these forums.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

CrawleyBen

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Would the 737 Max be able to cover the distance between LGW & Philadelphia does anyone reckon? Not suggesting that this particular city is in their sights, let alone be a route in particular demand either side of the Atlantic, I'm just wondering more than anything else.

Cheers

Ben

Cunard

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:20 am

Philadelphia is only 88 miles or 142 km south of Newark so I shouldn't imagine it being a problem.

CrawleyBen

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 am

Cunard wrote:
Philadelphia is only 88 miles or 142 km south of Newark so I shouldn't imagine it being a problem.

Cheers for that bit of info Cunard :)

Ben

Balloonchaser

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 am

Mortyman wrote:
klm617 wrote:

What international route would work for Virginia ? If Norwegian were to fly there it would be the first international route from that airport it seems ...

I think you guys would see a Caribbean or Mexican carrier coming in before a European. (Maybe Air Canada’s CRJs?!?)

TryToFlySomeday

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am

klm617 wrote:
Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:

God you have no idea what I want to say to you but can't say to you because I'm afraid the mods will mute me or kick me.

DTW-LGW... I could see that a few years down the road. DTW-DUB.... ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - DTW-DUB - on DY?

It'll come on DL if it comes at all.
Hi, I'm TryToFlySomeday. A guy who likes to analyze airlines, and loves road trips & airplane trips. Founder of the Roadgeeking Section and Pakistan Aviation Threads.

American-born Pakistani based in ORD. Favorite cities: ORD / GRR / DTW

CairnterriAIR

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:18 am

I’m guessing a second route from BDL....possibly LGW.

RL757PVD

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:37 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:

I'd like to see 14 weekly LGW frequencies shared between PVD BDL and SWF (5/5/4)

Or how about PVD-OSL 2x replacing the dropped BOS-OSL
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

Balloonchaser

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 am

bluefltspecial wrote:
hibtastic wrote:

You know this how?!? #KISP?!?

eicvd

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:45 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Cunard wrote:

God you have no idea what I want to say to you but can't say to you because I'm afraid the mods will mute me or kick me.

DTW-LGW... I could see that a few years down the road. DTW-DUB.... ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - DTW-DUB - on DY?

How old are you with your ‘ahahahaha’ 11? Why won’t it work with Norwegian or if it comes at all? You do know DUB has quite an extensive range of North American routes don’t you?
COYBIB

Jerry123

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

I'd like to see 14 weekly LGW frequencies shared between PVD BDL and SWF (5/5/4)

I'd be surprised if Norwegian would use up valuable Gatwick slots on smaller airports like SWF, PVD and BDL. They'd stick with the bigger airports from Gatwick and use SWF, BDL and PVD for airports like Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff or Bristol if they were going to launch new services to them from the UK.

RL757PVD

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

I'd be surprised if Norwegian would use up valuable Gatwick slots on smaller airports like SWF, PVD and BDL. They'd stick with the bigger airports from Gatwick and use SWF, BDL and PVD for airports like Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff or Bristol if they were going to launch new services to them from the UK.

Im not convinced that the medium to medium/small model is viable unless theres feed on one end or the other.

BDL-EDI ran about 50% last month and from what I have heard BFS and to a lesser extent, BGO have been dragging down some of the PVD loads with DUB far and away being the best performer.

For medium and secondary airports, it needs to be BHX or larger to work long term or year round.

Balloonchaser

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Im not convinced that the medium to medium/small model is viable unless theres feed on one end or the other.

BDL-EDI ran about 50% last month and from what I have heard BFS and to a lesser extent, BGO have been dragging down some of the PVD loads with DUB far and away being the best performer.

For medium and secondary airports, it needs to be BHX or larger to work long term or year round.

I think that the Bristol Route would work for NAX...

Jerry123

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Or just low frequency for leisure. I believe BFS on SWF will be 2 weekly next summer.
What will be interesting to see is how Primera get on at BHX.

RL757PVD

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:

Or just low frequency for leisure. I believe BFS on SWF will be 2 weekly next summer.
What will be interesting to see is how Primera get on at BHX.

Thats fine but I think the season is probably too long, summer leisure season is really mid June to mid Sept, not April to November.

TryToFlySomeday

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 pm

eicvd wrote:
TryToFlySomeday wrote:
klm617 wrote:

How old are you with your ‘ahahahaha’ 11? Why won’t it work with Norwegian or if it comes at all? You do know DUB has quite an extensive range of North American routes don’t you?

It’s not going to come on Norwegian for one reason and one reason only - DUB, for Norwegian, is mainly used for flights to smaller airports. So Windsor or London (Canada) might get DUB on DY instead of DTW.
Hi, I'm TryToFlySomeday. A guy who likes to analyze airlines, and loves road trips & airplane trips. Founder of the Roadgeeking Section and Pakistan Aviation Threads.

American-born Pakistani based in ORD. Favorite cities: ORD / GRR / DTW

whywhyzee

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:45 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
eicvd wrote:
TryToFlySomeday wrote:

It’s not going to come on Norwegian for one reason and one reason only - DUB, for Norwegian, is mainly used for flights to smaller airports. So Windsor or London (Canada) might get DUB on DY instead of DTW.

Considering they don’t serve Canada at all, and those airports are very small local airports with extremely limited services, I hardly think that is likely.

Balloonchaser

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Anyone think KISP or is that great airport probably out of the equation?

Cunard

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:43 am

As much as would love to see Norwegian start flights to Islip as my cousin lives in nearby Romkomkona but I feel that their JFK operation is too close but if the airport could pull it off fair play to them.

BawliBooch

Re: 5 DY 737's currently over the Atlantic

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:09 am

by738 wrote:
in place of one of the current poor performers?

Poor performers? What are the loads like on the existing TATL 737 flights?
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

Balloonchaser

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 am

Cunard wrote:
As much as would love to see Norwegian start flights to Islip as my cousin lives in nearby Romkomkona but I feel that their JFK operation is too close but if the airport could pull it off fair play to them.

JFK doesnt have routes direct to Dublin, Edinburgh, Shannon, Cork, etc With Norwegian.. So I think there is still a high possibility (Long Island People arent traveling to Stewart for a Flight

RL757PVD

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 am

Part of the opportunity success is in the ethnic connections. There is a heavy irish and English population in the Boston/Providence area, if long island for example was more central Europe (Italian German, Polish etc.) then it might not make sense.

For the smaller airports the ethnic ties make or break the international service. For a market like PVD its the Ireland, England, Portugal/Azores, Cape Verde Islands and the Dominican Republic... outside of those places its going to need to be a compelling case or have good connecting opportunities balanced out with available seats. All while being lower priced than, or not offered from BOS.

Same will be true for SWF and ISP. Low fares alone wont sustain the service to smaller markets, I hope D8/Dy has/is doing their homework for these connections.

VS4ever

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
Cunard wrote:

JFK doesnt have routes direct to Dublin, Edinburgh, Shannon, Cork, etc With Norwegian.. So I think there is still a high possibility (Long Island People arent traveling to Stewart for a Flight

Sadly it appears the folks at ISP don't agree with you, at least they don't within their master plan document that was released in Feb 17 (some of the data points however are 5 years old)
http://www.macarthurairport.com/images/ ... rPlan4.pdf

It's a big document and worth a read but basically the runways aren't long enough to handle it even with extensions that have been proposed and although i didn't read every word, I only saw 1 paragraph about CBP and that basically said there's 1 gate able to handle it and they bring the CBP people up from LGA as needed. While they wouldn't need a full time staff initially, they certainly might need more than that for the future. If they could figure out the runways, then ISP-DUB could be possible due to pre-clearance, but honestly i see little intent on the part of the management team to go after it, based on the growth objectives shown in the plan. Things always change, who'd have thought some of the D8 routes would ever happen, so never say never, this one however is more of a long shot, than a sure thing.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

ADrum23

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 am

Could the MAX fly from PVD, BDL, etc to LGW? If so, do you think DY would try that now that they have additional slots at LGW?

Pe@rson

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:59 am

RL757PVD wrote:
I hope D8/Dy has/is doing their homework for these connections.

Why second-guess an international airline's network planning team? Like all airlines, they obviously perform lots of analysis in deciding markets. Doesn't mean all will succeed - there's no getting away from this - but a large proportion will.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Cunard

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
Cunard wrote:

I totally agree with you I was thinking more of LGW and I wasn't thinking about Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, etc and I am sure Long Islanders wouldn't necessarily drive all the way to Stewart to catch a flight so therefore sure I hope that Islip does eventually gain Trans Atlantic service from Norwegian.

I wasn't demeaning the airport as I have a lot of respect for it and I think it has great opportunities ahead of it.

Balloonchaser

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am

VS4ever wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Sadly it appears the folks at ISP don't agree with you, at least they don't within their master plan document that was released in Feb 17 (some of the data points however are 5 years old)
http://www.macarthurairport.com/images/ ... rPlan4.pdf

It's a big document and worth a read but basically the runways aren't long enough to handle it even with extensions that have been proposed and although i didn't read every word, I only saw 1 paragraph about CBP and that basically said there's 1 gate able to handle it and they bring the CBP people up from LGA as needed. While they wouldn't need a full time staff initially, they certainly might need more than that for the future. If they could figure out the runways, then ISP-DUB could be possible due to pre-clearance, but honestly i see little intent on the part of the management team to go after it, based on the growth objectives shown in the plan. Things always change, who'd have thought some of the D8 routes would ever happen, so never say never, this one however is more of a long shot, than a sure thing.

Yeah... The staff 5 years ago was.... Bad. Now we have a brand new team that has recently brought in Frontier and all of the other airlines are expanding. They have expressed the need and want for international travel. The DUB and LGW routes can work with Pre-Clearance but I’m guessing the rest won’t be able to happen till 2019 when LIMA (ISP) gets cleared by TSA for international travel.

Now about the ethnicities... Long Island is very diverse but a lot of the population have ties back to Ireland when most of the Potato farmers cafe over during the famine. Actually Islip is one of the most Irish Places In New York (Polls, articles say).
The rest of the population is made up of everything else (From Europe - German, Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc, etc)

I hope that airlines start to realize the opportunity of this airport (especially routes like - MYR, SJU, Upstate, CLT, LAS, LAX, Europe)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos