Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirbusMDCFAN
Topic Author

Sunrise Airways annouces Haiti-Curacao

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 am

Link/Source: https://worldairlinenews.com/2017/11/16 ... perations/

"Haiti-based Sunrise Airways announced its intent to launch new nonstop service between its hub at Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Hato International Airport in Curacao (CUR) beginning November 28, 2017. The new twice-weekly service is the carrier’s first-ever flights to/from Curacao."

"Sunrise Airways will deploy both its Boeing 737-800 and Airbus A320 aircraft on its new Curacao route. Both aircraft feature two classes of service – business and economy. Maximum seating for the Boeing 737 is 168 passengers (18 seats in business class, 150 in economy), while the Airbus A320 can accommodate a total of 150 passengers (12 seats in business class, 138 in economy)."

In addition Sunrise will launch Port-Au-Prince and Cape Haitian flights to Miami competing against American Airlines on these 2 routes.

I wish them the best of luck on the Miami runs as well as PAP-CUR

A388

Re: Sunrise Airways annouces Haiti-Curacao

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Yes, they have announced it here in CUR too. Good to have direct flights to/from Haiti again and I wish them well.

A388

Jetsouth

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm

What possible traffic would there be between PAP and CUR to fill so many seats?? Certainly not tourism, as Haiti is not a tourist destination yet. Nor relief workers, and, as far as I know no significant business connections between the two, and few if any Haitian ex-pats live in CUR.

guyanam

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
What possible traffic would there be between PAP and CUR to fill so many seats?? Certainly not tourism, as Haiti is not a tourist destination yet. Nor relief workers, and, as far as I know no significant business connections between the two, and few if any Haitian ex-pats live in CUR.

In fact there is heavy intra regional migration and travel by informal traders. This is especially true for Haiti. There is a decent sized Haitian population in the ABC islands and Haitians also go to CUR to shop. Insel offered nonstop service to PAP as did ALM in times past.

CM runs 4X weekly on a PAP PTY and I don't know that many Haitians live in Panama.

jmdc861

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Jetsouth wrote:

I am in and out of PAP regularly and until Insel Air of Curacao folded in the last year, I saw their planes their once daily almost. More than like taking Haitian nationals back and forth to CUR to work in the oil industry.

aemoreira1981

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm

jmdc861 wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:

I am in and out of PAP regularly and until Insel Air of Curacao folded in the last year, I saw their planes their once daily almost. More than like taking Haitian nationals back and forth to CUR to work in the oil industry.

It was actually Insel of Aruba that folded. Curacao survived using so far, 1 MD-83 and 2 F50s. (One more F50, one F70, one MD-82 and one MD-83 remain grounded.) That said, Sunrise is wet-leasing Global (South Africa) and Travel Service aircraft for this.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos