Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

vadodara

Re: AS starting SEA-PIT

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
vadodara wrote:
F9Animal wrote:
I know US did well on the SEA to PIT route. I worked for US before all the mergers, and the flights were always full. If I recall, we had a 321 on the route for awhile.

I am certain AS will do really good on it.

With PIT getting some traffic with the likes of Uber, Google etc, perhaps a PIT-SJC might be next!

I thought I recalled US doing SJC-PIT very briefly, but I can't find any confirmation of it.

I'm not surprised at all at AS adding SEA-PIT. What's left? Maybe a few more viable markets. US did up to 3x or 4x daily SEA-PIT back around 1999. They had one PHL non-stop back then.

What's nexr for AS? CLT? CMN? CVG? CLE? BDL? Not a lot left that they don't already serve.

Seems to me the secondary midwest cities that are not wannabe hubs are on the list. As you pointed out, likes of CMH, CVG, CLE, BDL, and so forth. Once they resolve the E170's issue, they will be back in business. Point is, SEA will be the first city pair. They can then follow it up with SJC, SAN, and so forth. With VS, possibilities of SFO/LAX also exists.

Pretty good strategy once they iron out VS wrinkles, which though are many.

Passedv1

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 pm

This was announced so early to lock down the 500k that PIT is throwing down for this route. It's quite possible that SFO/PDX/SAN are done deals but even if they were, I would expect an announcement on a more normal timeline.

TWA902fly

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:27 pm

I could actually see maybe 1x/day E75 on SEA-FAR. Microsoft has a large sales center in Fargo, and there are some other links between ND and Alaska. Fargo is also far north enough that FAR-SEA-West Coast connections would be about the same distance as FAR-MSP-West Coast, although a few hundred miles longer than FAR-DEN-West Coast. Yields from FAR tend to be high (outside of markets served by G4, I assume.)

'902

loisencroach

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm

TWA902fly wrote:
I could actually see maybe 1x/day E75 on SEA-FAR. Microsoft has a large sales center in Fargo, and there are some other links between ND and Alaska. Fargo is also far north enough that FAR-SEA-West Coast connections would be about the same distance as FAR-MSP-West Coast, although a few hundred miles longer than FAR-DEN-West Coast. Yields from FAR tend to be high (outside of markets served by G4, I assume.)

'902

FAR was discussing service to SEA in 2015 with somebody:

http://www.inforum.com/news/3766938-far ... ts-seattle

flyPIT

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 pm

vadodara wrote:
With PIT getting some traffic with the likes of Uber, Google etc, perhaps a PIT-SJC might be next!

I think PIT-SFO would be next, and would then expect the competitive response to be exactly what IND experienced. UA going 2x daily and WN adding PIT-OAK (which I'm surprised has not happened yet).

TWA902fly

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:54 pm

[quote=FAR was discussing service to SEA in 2015 with somebody:

http://www.inforum.com/news/3766938-far ... ts-seattle[/quote]

Interesting. I guess 2015 wasn't the right time. Perhaps as both markets grow we could see it sometime in the future.

'902

alfa164

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm

AaronPGH wrote:
I believe that there are subsidies on the table at PIT for any new unserved markets, although they scale based on the desire for each.

Do you know how much was offered for this route? I would think it would be a matter of public record, at some point.

AaronPGH

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:19 am

alfa164 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:
I believe that there are subsidies on the table at PIT for any new unserved markets, although they scale based on the desire for each.

Do you know how much was offered for this route? I would think it would be a matter of public record, at some point.

$500k, I believe.

wedgetail737

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:53 am

TWA902fly wrote:

'902

I think AS could do well in both Dakotas if they did a couple of circle trips like SEA-BIS-FAR-SEA in ND or SEA-RAP-FSD-SEA in SD.

laca773

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 am

AS is also very good at aircraft utilization according to demand. On days with less demand, they can utilize a 73G and on the others a 73H.
Could AS fly SEA-PIT with a E75?

Jshank83

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 pm

laca773 wrote:
Could AS fly SEA-PIT with a E75?

No. I'm not even sure one would make it from Indy to SEA without weight restrictions.

SEA-MKE/STL is the furthest I have seen anyone run one from SEA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos