mtosta
Topic Author

The new Condor A332

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Here the new Condor A332 ( Air Transat ) C-GTSZ @ DUS

mxaxai

Re: The new Condor A332

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm

So does it have the 9-abreast economy? Or is it equipped with Condor's standard seats?

717atOGG

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Wait, I didn't know Condor was getting the A332. When did this happen? Anyways, it looks decent in their livery, but the titles would look better in the center and a little bit larger. Since it's a small jump in capacity from the 763, I could see it being used on more popular routes like LAS, SJO, and MLE.

JannEejit

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Is this just a winter lease from Air Transat ?

TheGeordielad

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm

JannEejit wrote:
Is this just a winter lease from Air Transat ?

Believe so to cover air Berlin.

jfk777

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:43 pm

IF it came from Transat it was probably an Emirates before that.

Jayafe

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 pm

jfk777 wrote:
IF it came from Transat it was probably an Emirates before that.

Doesn't seem so (Mexicana):

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... at/Q2lbhM6

XLA2008

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Thomas Cook and Air Transat have an agreement to lease aircraft during the winter, I believe Thomas Cook get an A330 and Air Transat get some A321’s or something along those lines, it’s similar to the agreement Sunwings had with XL Airways and Viking Airlines, and I think they do it with TUI now... it’s for seasonal demand. I’m not sure if Condor Cabin crew will be A330 trained under Air Transats Canadian AOC or if Air Transat crew travel with the aircraft though...

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm surprised they painted it.

atcsundevil

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:28 am

Varsity1 wrote:

I'm a bit surprised and confused myself. I would understand if this were for a longer period of time, but this is presumably only ≈4 months? That's a lot of work and money for a short term lease. I wonder if it's due to legality issues, but presumably some stickers could have done the job. It indicates to me that either this could be for a longer term than we're led to believe and/or Condor is paying through the nose for this. In any event, it's cool to see, I'm just not sure I get the point.

JannEejit

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:18 am

Varsity1 wrote:

Only the tail end, the logos will be decals and the engines haven't been touched either.

XLA2008

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 am

atcsundevil wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

I'm a bit surprised and confused myself. I would understand if this were for a longer period of time, but this is presumably only ≈4 months? That's a lot of work and money for a short term lease. I wonder if it's due to legality issues, but presumably some stickers could have done the job. It indicates to me that either this could be for a longer term than we're led to believe and/or Condor is paying through the nose for this. In any event, it's cool to see, I'm just not sure I get the point.

From what I’ve discovered from reading, is that Air Transat will lease a single A330 during winter periods to the the Thomas Cook group, and in return Thomas Cook will lease A321’s to Air Transat on wet lease terms so the crew from each airline will travel with the aircraft during the lease period... it seems Air Transat plans to replace the 737 fleet and A310 fleet with A321’s inc A321 NEO LR, but it seems as though this is a long term arrangement, from what I’ve read it seems as though this is a 7 year deal... as for painting I can only presume Thomas Cook wish to keep their brand hence why they repainted the aircraft!

LAX772LR

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:40 am

717atOGG wrote:
I could see it being used on more popular routes like LAS, SJO, and MLE.

...don't forget SEA, one of DE's few year-round routes in N.America, and also the epicenter of their new tie-up with AS.

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 am

717atOGG wrote:
Wait, I didn't know Condor was getting the A332. When did this happen?

Then: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1375263

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am

atcsundevil wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Since the two companies have an agreement to share aircraft, during respective needs, this A332 could like the MD-11 World leased to Aer Lingus during summers between 1998 and 2001.

Steelhead

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:35 pm

If you pay you will get the aircraft painted how you want it. The more serious problem might be the reaction of German passengers to the tight seating of this aircraft. How does that compare with the standard B-767 seating of Condor?

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Steelhead wrote:
The more serious problem might be the reaction of German passengers to the tight seating of this aircraft. How does that compare with the standard B-767 seating of Condor?

Don't know about seat pitch, however DE's 767s are configured with seven seats per rows, which is the way it was designed for, whereas the A330 was for 8.

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:24 pm

It's now already enroute flying DE2168/2169 DUS-PUJ-DUS, which currently is twice weekly.

Nov 5, they'll send it to CUN, Nov 10 La Romana, Nov. 13 Montego Bay and Nov. 20 Barbados, if I understand well.

http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... -comeback/

jnev3289

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Why do they continue to incorporate that angled bird logo near the nose? The yellow heart logo seems to have fully replaced it and they couldn't be more different logos

NichCage

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Nice looking A332 for Condor. Otherwise, Condor and Eurowings have announced flights to Cancun, Punta Cana, Barbados, La Romana, Montego Bay, Orlando, Puerto Plata, and Varadero to cover the Caribbean and a little bit of the US that Air Berlin used to serve.

Otherwise, will Condor ever replace it's own 767-300 fleet with new models or an replacement aircraft like the 787 Dreamliner? Condor's 767-300's seem to be pretty old.

LH748

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 pm

It looks ok although not as good as the Condor 763.
Normally I find the 330 visually more appealing but somehow the Condor livery just suits the 763 very well.

Does Condor also get Air Transat's crew along with the lease?
I'm not really sure how those short-term leases work. In one tripreport about Vietjet I've read recently, it was mentioned that half the crew was Turkish and it was a leased aircraft from Freebird and I was surprised to read that. Is that a commom practice?

ryan78

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 am

atcsundevil wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

It's not actually painted its just a big wrap/sticker. It was applied to the aircraft in YUL a week before it ferried to DUS. Similar to the 30th Anniversary livery, its just a big sticker, you can see exactly where it ends halfway up the fuselage. It is my understanding that this is around a 6 month lease.

LH748 wrote:
I'm not really sure how those short-term leases work. In one tripreport about Vietjet I've read recently, it was mentioned that half the crew was Turkish and it was a leased aircraft from Freebird and I was surprised to read that. Is that a commom practice?

The front end crew (pilots) are Air Transat, as is maintenance (mechanics & avionics) but I'm not 100% sure if the flight attendants are. In years past, TS has operated flights for XL Airways France and Air Caraibes with a full Air Transat crew, pilots and F/A's. This was a lot easier as most of the crews are bi-lingual French & English. With the German base I'm not so sure how it would work out...

These type of leases are very common in Canada, I don't know of anywhere else in the world where airlines get so many short term leases for peak demand. This winter Air Transat has 16 737's coming in on lease, and Sunwing has about 17-18. Most of them are only operating in Canada from December to April. There are 3 basic types of leases, I'll explain them in the easiest way.

Dry Lease: Just the airplane, no crew, all the pilots, F/A's, maintenance & dispatch is handled by the leasee.
Damp Lease: The airplane is operated by pilots & dispatchers from the leaser. F/A's are handled by the leasee, maintenance can go either way, depends on the contract.
Wet Lease: Everything is operated by the leasee. Pilots, F/A's, Maintenance, Dispatch etc...

Obviously it all depends what is drawn up on the contract. In this case I would call it a Wet-Lease as everything is pretty much being handled by Transat.

XLA2008

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 am

Usually on wet lease, cabin crew travel with the aircraft or the airline positions crew backwards and fowards on say 4 week rotations, because it’s cheaper than training German crew to a Canadian AOC as that crew can only operate under one AOC at a time unless they have special dispensation which is unlikely on a short wet lease, so they would have to have a sole dedicated crew under the Air Transat AOC, which would mean Condor crew would need to be trained by Air Transat to operate on their aircraft... so through my years of flying and every airline I’ve ever worked for when we have wet leased an aircraft we have travelled with it! However we usually would fly with crew from the airline we were wet leasing too, but they were purely onboard for inflight service, while we were onboard for safety, they have a better understanding of company brand, service flow and execution of that Airlines particular product, many times it was just a couple of crew from the airline onboard, however I have operated wet lease where we had 12 of our crew for safety onboard and we would do all safety related duties, and we also had 12 additional crew from the airline we were operating for onboard to do all the service, they used to occupy passenger seats for the flight and generally we just sat back and relaxed for the flight unless we had an emergency then we would take over, however I don’t see this in the Air Transat Condor deal... I would imagine it’s Air Transat A330 crew operating on rotation, and maybe a couple of Condor crew onboard to deal with customer issues, represent the Airlines brand and assist with cabin service, but who knows, I don’t work for Condor, I used to fly for one of the Thomas Cook Groups Airlines about 10 years ago, and that’s how it worked then... so assume the same is the case for now just based on experience, but I could be wrong, Condor may have trained a select set of Air Transat crew to meet Condor brand standards... or maybe Condor did indeed select in house crew to move over to a Canadian AOC for 6 months and trained them for the A330! But I don’t see that being the case! However as said I can only speak from experience, so this is all opinion and experience

ryan78

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 am

XLA2008 wrote:
Usually on wet lease, cabin crew travel with the aircraft or the airline positions crew backwards and fowards on say 4 week rotations, because it’s cheaper than training German crew to a Canadian AOC as that crew can only operate under one AOC at a time unless they have special dispensation which is unlikely on a short wet lease, so they would have to have a sole dedicated crew under the Air Transat AOC, which would mean Condor crew would need to be trained by Air Transat to operate on their aircraft...

Very good points, again I don't know for certain the situation regarding the Transat F/A's, it's anyone's guess at this point, but I have seen it done a little differently here in Canada. Sunwing operates/operated (it's been a while since I worked for them) a few wet-lease aircraft from Travel Service (Czech) every winter. These airplanes are flown by Czech pilots and Czech pilots only. The F/A's however are Sunwing. There was a training course held every winter that many F/A's would go through in order to be certified to operate flights on those "OK" registered aircraft. They weren't restricted to just those airplanes though, they were still able to fly on a "C" reg aircraft one day and an "OK" the next, effectively on 2 AOC's. If memory serves me correctly it was a 2/3 day training course followed by a familiarization flight for everyone. Wouldn't surprise me if Condor held a similar course, they would realistically only need about 12-14 back end crews to operate that one airplane.

XLA2008 wrote:
However we usually would fly with crew from the airline we were wet leasing too, but they were purely onboard for inflight service, while we were onboard for safety, they have a better understanding of company brand, service flow and execution of that Airlines particular product, many times it was just a couple of crew from the airline onboard, however I have operated wet lease where we had 12 of our crew for safety onboard and we would do all safety related duties, and we also had 12 additional crew from the airline we were operating for onboard to do all the service, they used to occupy passenger seats for the flight and generally we just sat back and relaxed for the flight unless we had an emergency then we would take over.

As you said, I doubt these flights are double crewed, yesterdays inaugural DUS-PUJ flight went out with only 1 open seat :)

JannEejit

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 am

ryan78 wrote:
It's not actually painted its just a big wrap/sticker. It was applied to the aircraft in YUL a week before it ferried to DUS. Similar to the 30th Anniversary livery, its just a big sticker, you can see exactly where it ends halfway up the fuselage.

I thought it was something along those lines myself. Especially looking at the grey tone which looks completely unnatural compared to the painted version. That said, it's amazing what they can do with decals these days.

MIDMEX

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 am

LH748 wrote:

The front end crew (pilots) are Air Transat, as is maintenance (mechanics & avionics) but I'm not 100% sure if the flight attendants are. In years past, TS has operated flights for XL Airways France and Air Caraibes with a full Air Transat crew, pilots and F/A's. This was a lot easier as most of the crews are bi-lingual French & English. With the German base I'm not so sure how it would work out...

Official Condor communication (German only so far) suggests that they will fly with "Air Transat Crew and some German-speaking Condor flight attendants": https://www.condor.com/de/fileadmin/dam ... sat_de.pdf

Makes sense since most people fly Condor because they don't have to worry about the language there.

YYZYYT

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:15 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Steelhead wrote:
The more serious problem might be the reaction of German passengers to the tight seating of this aircraft. How does that compare with the standard B-767 seating of Condor?

Don't know about seat pitch, however DE's 767s are configured with seven seats per rows, which is the way it was designed for, whereas the A330 was for 8.

I avoided Transat for years - decades, actually - in part because of its unbearable seat pitch. But, I had heard that they had improved... so I gave them a try this past summer. The pitch was good - as good as or better than other airlines I've flown in the last few years (AC, UA, AA, DL, LH, Brussels). In flight entertainment was also acceptable (on par with or better than the others).

Overall, a pleasant experience for me.

But it is 9-abreast - that may bother some.

XLA2008

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 am

MIDMEX wrote:
LH748 wrote:

Official Condor communication (German only so far) suggests that they will fly with "Air Transat Crew and some German-speaking Condor flight attendants": https://www.condor.com/de/fileadmin/dam ... sat_de.pdf

Makes sense since most people fly Condor because they don't have to worry about the language there.

That’s similar to what thought and what I said, regarding wet leasing, usually we would operate with the aircraft whoever it was for and have say one or two of that particular airlines crew onboard the flight to assist with how they manage the inflight service and also for language assistance and passenger issues... I presumed it would be a full Air Transat crew compliment with maybe a few Condor FA’s onboard to assist.

XLA2008

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 am

ryan78 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
Usually on wet lease, cabin crew travel with the aircraft or the airline positions crew backwards and fowards on say 4 week rotations, because it’s cheaper than training German crew to a Canadian AOC as that crew can only operate under one AOC at a time unless they have special dispensation which is unlikely on a short wet lease, so they would have to have a sole dedicated crew under the Air Transat AOC, which would mean Condor crew would need to be trained by Air Transat to operate on their aircraft...

Very good points, again I don't know for certain the situation regarding the Transat F/A's, it's anyone's guess at this point, but I have seen it done a little differently here in Canada. Sunwing operates/operated (it's been a while since I worked for them) a few wet-lease aircraft from Travel Service (Czech) every winter. These airplanes are flown by Czech pilots and Czech pilots only. The F/A's however are Sunwing. There was a training course held every winter that many F/A's would go through in order to be certified to operate flights on those "OK" registered aircraft. They weren't restricted to just those airplanes though, they were still able to fly on a "C" reg aircraft one day and an "OK" the next, effectively on 2 AOC's. If memory serves me correctly it was a 2/3 day training course followed by a familiarization flight for everyone. Wouldn't surprise me if Condor held a similar course, they would realistically only need about 12-14 back end crews to operate that one airplane.

XLA2008 wrote:
However we usually would fly with crew from the airline we were wet leasing too, but they were purely onboard for inflight service, while we were onboard for safety, they have a better understanding of company brand, service flow and execution of that Airlines particular product, many times it was just a couple of crew from the airline onboard, however I have operated wet lease where we had 12 of our crew for safety onboard and we would do all safety related duties, and we also had 12 additional crew from the airline we were operating for onboard to do all the service, they used to occupy passenger seats for the flight and generally we just sat back and relaxed for the flight unless we had an emergency then we would take over.

As you said, I doubt these flights are double crewed, yesterdays inaugural DUS-PUJ flight went out with only 1 open seat :)

I flew for both Viking and XL Airways, whenever we had Sunwing aircraft in the fleet we had mixed sunwing and VIK or XLA crew with them, however both VIK and XLA crew were trained to sunwing AOC and would ONLY operate onboard C reg aircraft, they never worked both C & G reg, often in the winter when the Sunwing aircraft went back to Canada those dedicated XLA crew went to Canada for the winter and flew for Sunwings (well we’re given the option too if they wanted), it was kind of a cool exchange program, as the Sunwing crew would come to the UK for the summer season... VIK was a little different, when the Sunwing aircraft went back, VIK crew did a conversion course and came back over to G reg aircraft, infact Viking Airlines based their livery around Sunwing so that it was easy to sticker the aircraft each season for both airlines without actually ever having to repaint them! The reason I know that is because I was actually among the first ever crew to fly for VIK and operated their first ever flight so was a part of the company when the livery went from the Viking to the swirl to represent a Viking longboat and be in line with Sunwing for seasonal aircraft leasing.... however back to what I was saying, to operate under two AOC’s you need special dispensation, so assuming from what you said working on both C & OK reg they had that dispensation to do so. I know that when Sunwing were in the XLA and VIK fleet all announcements onboard had to be made in both English and French due to AOC regulations relating to a C reg plane. When we wet leased to Travel Service, we did rotations in Prague and stayed with the plane and operated the flight, and flew with a few Travel Service crew onboard for language and service. Two of my closest friends are and we’re Sunwing crew! That’s how we met! Lol

LAX772LR

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:22 pm

LH748 wrote:
Normally I find the 330 visually more appealing but somehow the Condor livery just suits the 763 very well.

Was thinking the exact same thing. The 763ER completely owns this livery... but it looks almost odd on the A330.

XLA2008

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:48 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
LH748 wrote:

Was thinking the exact same thing. The 763ER completely owns this livery... but it looks almost odd on the A330.

It’s exactly the same livery applied to the entire Thomas Cook group fleet... which is made up of entirely A330’s for long haul with the exception of Condor, Condor is the only airline to operate the 767 within the group.... so not sure how all of a sudden this looks odd? The only difference is the titles and engines not being painted! Not like this is something new to be honest, it’s another Thomas Cook A330 in the same livery as every other Thomas Cook A330 just different titles on it! So why now all of a sudden does it look odd lol?

LAX772LR

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 pm

XLA2008 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
LH748 wrote:

It’s exactly the same livery applied to the entire Thomas Cook group fleet... which is made up of entirely A330’s for long haul with the exception of Condor, Condor is the only airline to operate the 767 within the group.... so not sure how all of a sudden this looks odd? The only difference is the titles and engines not being painted! Not like this is something new to be honest, it’s another Thomas Cook A330 in the same livery as every other Thomas Cook A330 just different titles on it! So why now all of a sudden does it look odd lol?

1.) you answered your own question: DE flies the 767, which many of us got used to seeing it on, and then to see it on an A330 with their name comes across as different in a way that isn't preferable.

XLA2008

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 am

LAX772LR wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

1) calm down
2) you answered your own question: DE flies the 767, which many of us got used to seeing it on, and then to see it on an A330 with their name comes across as different in a way that isn't preferable.

Not that difficult really.

1. Lol I don’t need to calm down... my post wasn’t aggressive or viscous in any way shape or form, if you interpreted it that way... that’s down to you.
2. You said the livery looks odd on an A330 I was merely pointing out the fact that this livery is the norm for the A330 and nothing new other than a name on the front... otherwise identical to every single other A330 within the group... so confused as to how it looks odd all of a sudden having just a name difference? If all of Thomas Cook A330’s look odd in that livery to you then this is nothing new contrary to what seem to state. Just a rather silly statement made really given the only difference is the name on the front, as the airline group has been wearing the new livery on the A330 for some time! If you had said “Condor titles look odd on an A330” then yes it’s something different for Condor, however it’s still the same livery that has been worn by all the other A330’s. However you commented about the livery on an A330 not about a name on it... bearing in mind its an A330 that has been wearing the livery for quite some time! So I kind of made a valid point... you just don’t like being questioned over things... you’re very defensive!

Perhaps I’m being pedantic... but I read your statement as though this is a new livery to be applied to the A330 never been seen before and it looks odd, when in fact that isn’t the case... it’s just a simple name difference on the front.

I think personally the livery looks ok on the A330, it’s unusual seeing Condor titles on an A330, but otherwise it looks the same as the rest of the Thomas Cook group fleet to me!
Last edited by XLA2008 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jetmechanicdave

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 am

Lets please keep it calm guys. Thanks :)

XLA2008

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 am

On topic here, I’ve been trying to research the wet lease period... does anyone have any info on how long the wet lease is for? I presume between 3/6 months but cannot find any more info, anyone on the inside have any info? Also from what I’ve been researching Air Transat is to receive A321’s but couldn’t find a specific number other than “several” will be leased as part of the agreement, anybody know which frames and when they will start to head over to Air Transat? Will be interesting to see Air Transat livery on the A321 and if they will repaint it like Condor has (or sticker it so to speak) I think the A321 would suite Air Transat.

SpaceshipDC10

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 pm

XLA2008 wrote:
On topic here, I’ve been trying to research the wet lease period... does anyone have any info on how long the wet lease is for? I presume between 3/6 months but cannot find any more info, anyone on the inside have any info?

Since they talk about seasonal winter flights, I guess you can count on around 6 months until after Easter 2018, which is April 1st.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... mas%20Cook

ryan78

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 pm

XLA2008 wrote:
On topic here, I’ve been trying to research the wet lease period... does anyone have any info on how long the wet lease is for? I presume between 3/6 months but cannot find any more info, anyone on the inside have any info? Also from what I’ve been researching Air Transat is to receive A321’s but couldn’t find a specific number other than “several” will be leased as part of the agreement, anybody know which frames and when they will start to head over to Air Transat? Will be interesting to see Air Transat livery on the A321 and if they will repaint it like Condor has (or sticker it so to speak) I think the A321 would suite Air Transat.

Wet-lease is supposed to be 6 months, give or take, no official end date is set though but it is hovering around the April mark. Transat has 10 A321neoLR's on order to replace the 9 A310's, the first is due to enter the fleet in Q1 2019. 2 A310's have already been retired last month, GTSF and FDAT.

In the meantime to help with training and familiarization, 2 Thomas Cook Group A320's are set to come over in May 2018. I'm assuming these will be dry lease operations as training courses have already started within the company for the A32X. The agreement with Thomas Cook allows Transat to do basically the same thing that Sunwing and TUI do with their winter and summer lease agreements where they swap airplanes. There is no official number for how many airplanes will go back and forth for the winter lease but it will be a mix of A320 and A321's.

This winter there are 16 737's from 3 airlines (Travel Service, Transavia & ASL Airlines) coming over to operate this winters schedule. The 737's will eventually be phased out in favor of an all Airbus fleet so Transat will have to find some new partners to lease from unless they plan on getting 16 Thomas Cook airplanes every winter...

As for paint jobs the 10 neoLR's will be in full TS colours and I imagine that just the tail and logos will be done for the winter leases from Thomas Cook, similar to what they do now:

XLA2008

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 am

ryan78 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:

Wet-lease is supposed to be 6 months, give or take, no official end date is set though but it is hovering around the April mark. Transat has 10 A321neoLR's on order to replace the 9 A310's, the first is due to enter the fleet in Q1 2019. 2 A310's have already been retired last month, GTSF and FDAT.

In the meantime to help with training and familiarization, 2 Thomas Cook Group A320's are set to come over in May 2018. I'm assuming these will be dry lease operations as training courses have already started within the company for the A32X. The agreement with Thomas Cook allows Transat to do basically the same thing that Sunwing and TUI do with their winter and summer lease agreements where they swap airplanes. There is no official number for how many airplanes will go back and forth for the winter lease but it will be a mix of A320 and A321's.

This winter there are 16 737's from 3 airlines (Travel Service, Transavia & ASL Airlines) coming over to operate this winters schedule. The 737's will eventually be phased out in favor of an all Airbus fleet so Transat will have to find some new partners to lease from unless they plan on getting 16 Thomas Cook airplanes every winter...

As for paint jobs the 10 neoLR's will be in full TS colours and I imagine that just the tail and logos will be done for the winter leases from Thomas Cook, similar to what they do now:

Thanks for the response! I think the A320/21 will look sharp in Air Transats livery.

As for leasing in the winter, I can’t see that Thomas Cook would have 16 aircraft available for lease, I know Condor might have a few to spare, and Thomas Cook has plans to open up a summer PMI base with some of the A320’s from Thomas Cook Belgium since its closure, so I presume those would be available during the winter period... who knows, but it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos