Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mcdu
Topic Author

AA Captain and Public Relations issue.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:15 pm

AA Captain inserts himself into passenger issue and is cited as a racist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983830/Pilot-boots-women-s-march-activist-flight.html

F27500

Re: AA CAAptAAin and Public RelAAtions issue.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Of COURSE he is. Had nothing to do at all with her behavior, right ? Typical story.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm

A political 'race-relations' activist just happens to be the targeted victim of an airline captain's "racism". :roll:

sure.

jeffrey1970

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 pm

What did she do that warranted her being removed from the flight. I read the article, and I can't figure it out.

zeke

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Doesn’t sound like the pilot got involved with a seat dispute as she claimed (even if that is what she was arguing about), more about her behaviour before the flight and if this continue further.

Sometimes people are not on their best behaviour when they get on an aircraft, sometimes had a few drinks, get ticked off with a few little things and then there is the final straw that sets them off. Sounds like that seat change was her final straw.

I suspect on her second flight she didn’t have an argument with any of the staff.

F27500

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Obviously AA hates all black women. Right ?

jeffrey1970

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
A political 'race-relations' activist just happens to be the targeted victim of an airline captain's "racism". :roll:

sure.

When Rosa Parks sat at the front of the bus she was part of the local NAACP which wanted to initiate the bus boycott. Rosa Parks volunteered to be the one who sat in the white's only section of the bus. Thank God for Rosa Parks. My point is just because someone is an activist does not mean it is okay to mistreat them. After reading the article I am left wondering what the woman did that was wrong.

mikegigs

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Shame on this article. It literally is just blasting out this woman's complaints with no actual facts regarding the incident besides her account. How could anyone draw reasonable conclusions from that?

Just another "Airlines are the Spawn of Satan" article. There'll be one next week too...

usxguy

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm

What a snowflake.

captain's domain begins the moment you step on a plane. If there's an issue in the gate area as well, and your attitude carries over, s/he has every right to boot you off his/her airplane.

Super80Fan

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh geez. Blame others for your actions, and cry racism when it doesn't work in your favor. What a world we live in...

F27500

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

jeffrey1970 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

sure.

When Rosa Parks sat at the front of the bus she was part of the local NAACP which wanted to initiate the bus boycott. Rosa Parks volunteered to be the one who sat in the white's only section of the bus. Thank God for Rosa Parks. My point is just because someone is an activist does not mean it is okay to mistreat them. After reading the article I am left wondering what the woman did that was wrong.

Don't compare this fool to Rosa Parks. Or this situation. This story is in the news right now .. search on it and read a better article than this one.

SHE turned it racial (of course) because she got called out for her behavior and causing a disturbance at the gate. Naturally .."it's cause I'm black" .... .. . . . . .

Jetty

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Even if the pilot was unreasonable there's not even a hint of discrimination in the whole story, it's not like people can't be unreasonable regardless of skin color. She wanted another 2 minutes of fame and succeeded. Probably no coincidence she's close friends with the vile and evil Linda Sarsour, a muslim who pondered taking away the vaginas of an activist and a female genital mutilation survivor..

ty97

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 pm

*motion to close this thread now as nothing good will come of the post in it*

F27500

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:11 pm

ty97 wrote:
*motion to close this thread now as nothing good will come of the post in it*

...and who are you to decide what should be closed ? If this discussion offends you, then just avoid the topic. Simple as that.

OA412

Re: AA Captain and Public Relations issue.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Because this has already devolved into a political discussion rather than a civil aviation discussion, this is being moved to the Non Aviation forum.

ltbewr

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Sounds like she thought she could 'pressure' AA into giving her a better (and higher priced) seat than the one she paid for and went a little bit too far at the gate and possibly inside the aircraft about it.

EA CO AS

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Anything to get in the news when it involves an airline, right?

Braybuddy

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm

A complete non-story, other than "Woman With Chjp On Shoulder Plays Helpless Victim"

jeffrey1970

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 am

F27500 wrote:
jeffrey1970 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

sure.

Don't compare this fool to Rosa Parks. Or this situation. This story is in the news right now .. search on it and read a better article than this one.

SHE turned it racial (of course) because she got called out for her behavior and causing a disturbance at the gate. Naturally .."it's cause I'm black" .... .. . . . . .

I am not comparing her to Rosa Parks. I am saying that when something happens to someone who is an activist that does not mean the situation is not racial. I am not saying that it is racial, but it could be. It certainly needs to be investigated.

Flighty

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:10 am

jeffrey1970 wrote:
F27500 wrote:
jeffrey1970 wrote:

I am not comparing her to Rosa Parks. I am saying that when something happens to someone who is an activist that does not mean the situation is not racial. I am not saying that it is racial, but it could be. It certainly needs to be investigated.

If it was not, will the company demand an apology from her?

Aesma

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 pm

She had a middle seat and changed it for an aisle seat. I've done that many times. Someone on this thread is already upset by this... AA says there was an error and it was their fault, not hers.

Let's say her attitude at the gate was bad and worthy of not flying. Why was she allowed on the plane ? Was she disruptive while on the plane ?

Whatever she did, the sequence of events doesn't look too good for the airline.

jeffrey1970

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 am

Flighty wrote:
jeffrey1970 wrote:
F27500 wrote:

If it was not, will the company demand an apology from her?

I do not know. I would imagine the company would just walk away from the incident if that is so.