Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jumbojet
Topic Author

Delta and Alaska named 'Great Place to Work' for a 2nd Straight Year

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Delta was certified once again as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work. The airline earned this credential for a second straight year based on extensive ratings provided by Delta employees in anonymous surveys.

The survey, sent to a random selection of Delta's more than 80,000 people worldwide, was anchored by 90 percent of respondents saying Delta overall is a great place to work. The analysis also shows 95 percent of employees are proud to tell others they work for Delta and 97 percent say they have pride in the work Delta accomplishes.

"This certification is a fantastic validation of our culture of servant leadership and of how consistently we live out the values stated in the Rules of the Road," said Joanne Smith, Delta's Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer. "We know that listening to and caring for each other will help to serve our customers even better and will continue to make Delta a great place to work."

Kim Peters, Executive Vice President of Great Place to Work's Certification Program, congratulated Delta on the honor.

"We applaud Delta for seeking certification and releasing its employees' feedback," Peters said. "These ratings measure its capacity to earn its own employees' trust and create a great workplace – critical metrics that anyone considering working for or doing business with Delta should take into account as an indicator of high performance."

http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/delta-air-lines-inc

Alaska was the only other airline in the transportation sector that made the list.

While the other airlines do a great job of cramming in seats onto their planes and pretending to care about the flying public and its employees, it seems they still have a long way to go to make it to the top of the heap. Congrats DL. :bigthumbsup:
Last edited by atcsundevil on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title for clarity

flyguy84

Re: Delta Certified as a 'Great Place to Work' for a 2nd Straight Year

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 pm

So Delta paid these people to send surveys out to their employees so they could “certify” themselves as “a good place to work.” Meaningless. There’s a reason other airlines aren’t on here, they didn’t pay this company money for this useless “certification.”

727LOVER

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:26 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Alaska was the only other airline in the transportation sector that made the list.

So why isn't the thread about BOTH DL & AS????

We know you have some vendetta against UA...but what did AS do to you?

tpaewr

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Congrats to both DL & AS.

I used to work at a great place, don't take it for granted!!

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/sto ... aily3.html

rbavfan

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:45 pm

727LOVER wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

So why isn't the thread about BOTH DL & AS????

We know you have some vendetta against UA...but what did AS do to you?

He only likes Delta. Based on past postings. He is always Delta is the greatest.

exunited

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:02 pm

So you pay this "culture consulting" company, poll your own employees, send them the "results" and they "certify" you as a great place to work. Sounds like a legitimate arm's length, independent analysis and meaningful certification.... what a scam. Congrats are in order for DL for basically certifying yourself as great.

ual747den

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Delta was certified once again as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work. The airline earned this credential for a second straight year based on extensive ratings provided by Delta employees in anonymous surveys.

The survey, sent to a random selection of Delta's more than 80,000 people worldwide, was anchored by 90 percent of respondents saying Delta overall is a great place to work. The analysis also shows 95 percent of employees are proud to tell others they work for Delta and 97 percent say they have pride in the work Delta accomplishes.

"This certification is a fantastic validation of our culture of servant leadership and of how consistently we live out the values stated in the Rules of the Road," said Joanne Smith, Delta's Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer. "We know that listening to and caring for each other will help to serve our customers even better and will continue to make Delta a great place to work."

Kim Peters, Executive Vice President of Great Place to Work's Certification Program, congratulated Delta on the honor.

"We applaud Delta for seeking certification and releasing its employees' feedback," Peters said. "These ratings measure its capacity to earn its own employees' trust and create a great workplace – critical metrics that anyone considering working for or doing business with Delta should take into account as an indicator of high performance."

http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/delta-air-lines-inc

While the other airlines do a great job of cramming in seats onto their planes and pretending to care about the flying public and its employees, it seems they still have a long way to go to make it to the top of the heap. Congrats DL. :bigthumbsup:

I think its funny that a grown adult would fall for this crap!!!!!

CriticalPoint

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 pm

I did a survey and it certified me as an awsome person!! I’m super stoked! I’ll take it again next year and hopefully i will be awsome 2 years in a row!

needmolegroom

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm

It's amazing to me that some have to be so po faced about it. I don't think anyone considers it an accolade on a par with the Nobel Prize, but surely it reflect the fact that, right now, on a number of metrics DL seems to be the best performer of the big 3. Maybe you United guys should just chill and say, whatever..... it wasn't so ten years ago, but next year.......
Just like your favorite sports team,

CriticalPoint

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:05 pm

needmolegroom wrote:
It's amazing to me that some have to be so po faced about it. I don't think anyone considers it an accolade on a par with the Nobel Prize, but surely it reflect the fact that, right now, on a number of metrics DL seems to be the best performer of the big 3. Maybe you United guys should just chill and say, whatever..... it wasn't so ten years ago, but next year.......
Just like your favorite sports team,

We’re not upset we just see the humor. The article says it for itself

“Delta is A great place to work”

Of course it is! So are All of the Airlines.

F9Animal

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Really? How about Spirit or Allegiant? I hear they are great places to work!!!

On a side note. Where does WN fall? I remember when they were always at the top for places to work.

CriticalPoint

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 pm

F9Animal wrote:

On a side note. Where does WN fall? I remember when they were always at the top for places to work.

Southwest didn’t pay the polling company for the survey so sadly they suck as a place to work :ashamed:

ual763

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm

F9Animal wrote:

Actually, they are! I know many people at both airlines, and they love it. For example, Allegiant crews are home in base pretty much every night and they get paid well. Maybe they don't make as much as legacy crews, but it is a damn good amount, and they have a relatively good quality of life.

It's all relative I guess. Ask the DGS employees who were once Delta employees, how great the company is. The profit sharing is nice, but let's not forget that United, and I believe American do the same. They just don't brag about it as much. Anyways, all the airlines have their pros and cons.

atcsundevil

Re: Delta and Alaska named 'Great Place to Work' for a 2nd Straight Year

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm

In the interest of fairness, AS has also been added to the title, as the previous title gave the impression that DL was the only airline mentioned in this report.

✈️ atcsundevil

IPFreely

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 am

There used to be a company that annually published a book called "Who's Who Among High School Students", that listed the top high school students in the US. The requirement to be listed as a top student was to purchase the book. It's one thing for unsophisticated kids and/or parents to waste money, it's worse to see major corporations fall for a scam like this.

Acey559

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 am

IPFreely wrote:
There used to be a company that annually published a book called "Who's Who Among High School Students", that listed the top high school students in the US. The requirement to be listed as a top student was to purchase the book. It's one thing for unsophisticated kids and/or parents to waste money, it's worse to see major corporations fall for a scam like this.

I remember that! I wanted one until my parents told me how stupid/pointless it was. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

LawAndOrder

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 am

Why do you all sound so bitter against DL? All awards come with a bit of politics. No one had a problem when AA was named ATW "Airline of the year" even gave their employees positive space passes. Hell I don't even think the employees of AA saw that coming. DL scores high because they take care of all employees (corporate/salary) and not just give the front line raises.

flyguy84

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 am

LawAndOrder wrote:
Why do you all sound so bitter against DL? All awards come with a bit of politics. No one had a problem when AA was named ATW "Airline of the year" even gave their employees positive space passes. Hell I don't even think the employees of AA saw that coming. DL scores high because they take care of all employees (corporate/salary) and not just give the front line raises.

Not bitter. Just calling it out for the sham it is.

LawAndOrder

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:03 pm

I think you could do a quick survey yourself and see that morale is generally a lot higher at DL and AS compared to UA and AA. But furthermore AS and DL always seem to be on the top of list from DOT complaints to the JD power awards so do you think AS and DL are paying to be featured on all of these channels? Yet AA hasn't been on the top of ANYoNES list and wins ATW airline if the year and hats acceptable. Congrats DL and AS maybe AA and UA should pay for more awards ;)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos