User avatar
SR380
Topic Author
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:13 pm

"Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has announced plans to start adding Boeing 777 widebodies to its fleet next year. Four such aircraft, equipped with an on-board entertainment system, will replace the Boeing 767s the carrier currently operates, UIA co-owner Aron Mayberg told local publication LIGA.net.

Ukraine’s largest carrier will start phasing out its Boeing 767s in 2019. It has four of the type, each equipped with 261 seats. The 777s can seat more, meaning the airline is obviously aiming to expand its long-haul capacity. Once the new aircraft have entered commercial service, UIA says it will expand its long-haul network, possibly by launching flights to Shanghai and Toronto."

https://www.rusaviainsider.com/ukraine- ... eet-plans/
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1551
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: UIA will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Interesting, going to be a huge gap between the -900ER and the 77E in their fleet.
 
User avatar
SR380
Topic Author
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: UIA will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
Interesting, going to be a huge gap between the -900ER and the 77E in their fleet.


Yeah, but such an improvement from the 767
 
ahj2000
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: UIA will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Will frequencies go down to their current destinations as a result of this?
Even with high capacity 767s that is a huge jump in capaz.
-Andrés Juánez
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: UIA will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am

ahj2000 wrote:
Will frequencies go down to their current destinations as a result of this?
Even with high capacity 767s that is a huge jump in capaz.

At least in the beginning, 77E will be obviously deployed on the most popular routes.
Anecdotal evidence: KBP-PEK flight is often full to the gills.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 am

I don't have the time right now to look for it, but in another thread a few months ago, it was said that the 767s would stay and the 777s would come in as additional lift, not as a replacement. What happened to that?
 
cedarjet
Posts: 8220
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 am

In the latest round of High Density vs You, high density wins again, their 767-300ERs are 2-4-2 seating which is UNBELIEVABLY tight. No prizes for guessing the configuration of the 777s. And yes I fully expect YYZ, Aerosvit used to, half of Canada has Ukrainian ancestry.

As an aside, PS is a pretty bad airline, I love Ukraine and I’m predisposed to be a fan but their website is appalling, almost no functionality, you think it has Manage My Booking and Add Bags because the tabs are there but click through and it’s an exhaustive form (date of travel, ticket number, flight number, first name, last name etc) you have to submit and that’s the end of the matter, you’ll never hear back again. And none of the phone numbers answer, just ring and cut off. From that to the seating, the whole thing reeks of couldn’t care less. Good luck, we’re all counting on you.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am

cedarjet wrote:
In the latest round of High Density vs You, high density wins again, their 767-300ERs are 2-4-2 seating which is UNBELIEVABLY tight. No prizes for guessing the configuration of the 777s. And yes I fully expect YYZ, Aerosvit used to, half of Canada has Ukrainian ancestry.

As an aside, PS is a pretty bad airline, I love Ukraine and I’m predisposed to be a fan but their website is appalling, almost no functionality, you think it has Manage My Booking and Add Bags because the tabs are there but click through and it’s an exhaustive form (date of travel, ticket number, flight number, first name, last name etc) you have to submit and that’s the end of the matter, you’ll never hear back again. And none of the phone numbers answer, just ring and cut off. From that to the seating, the whole thing reeks of couldn’t care less. Good luck, we’re all counting on you.


Have to agree on all points. 10-across is actually already circulating as a confirmed configuration.

PS has come a long way downward from being a Swissair proxy in the East to its current state. It survived in the conditions it exists, sure. But an airline I used to love, and went out of my way to fly, is unfortunately a completely different animal these days.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
Egerton
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 am

Looks like another likely candidate to add to my list of those cursed by the 'cheap' 777-300, to join Kenyan and Indonesian.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13263
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

Now that they will be able to reach the West coast I wonder if they have LAX/SFO in the cards.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
FLJ
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:04 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Any idea where the 777s will come from? There are a bunch of second hand 77Es on the market, some aren't even that old.
 
na
Posts: 9391
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:25 pm

FLJ wrote:
Any idea where the 777s will come from? There are a bunch of second hand 77Es on the market, some aren't even that old.

There are many 77Es parked around the world, though most face or undergo parting-out and scrap. However, among those parked there are more than a dozen frames younger than 15 years which surely have a good chance to serve on somewhere else.
There is a quartet of fairly-used (ca. 12 years old) ex-Vietam 77Es which were retired earlier this year. Those should have a good chance and its exactly the right number. Another likely source: SQ, or some of the youngest frames SV is currently retiring. Kenya Airways is forced to shrink, have already parked a 777 and are another possibility.
 
na
Posts: 9391
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Here is a list of 777s currently offered for lease or sale (including scrap). Please note that it isnt necessarily kept to date as several frames on the list are being dismantled already.
http://www.myairlease.com/available/fleetintel_777
 
Newbiepilot
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

cedarjet wrote:
In the latest round of High Density vs You, high density wins again, their 767-300ERs are 2-4-2 seating which is UNBELIEVABLY tight. No prizes for guessing the configuration of the 777s. And yes I fully expect YYZ, Aerosvit used to, half of Canada has Ukrainian ancestry.

As an aside, PS is a pretty bad airline, I love Ukraine and I’m predisposed to be a fan but their website is appalling, almost no functionality, you think it has Manage My Booking and Add Bags because the tabs are there but click through and it’s an exhaustive form (date of travel, ticket number, flight number, first name, last name etc) you have to submit and that’s the end of the matter, you’ll never hear back again. And none of the phone numbers answer, just ring and cut off. From that to the seating, the whole thing reeks of couldn’t care less. Good luck, we’re all counting on you.


10 abreast 777s will be an upgrade from the 767s! Their fares for connecting flights to Europe are incredibly cheap even if they involve long connections in Kiev.
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 pm

na wrote:
Here is a list of 777s currently offered for lease or sale (including scrap). Please note that it isnt necessarily kept to date as several frames on the list are being dismantled already.
http://www.myairlease.com/available/fleetintel_777


Thanks for this resource. However, it does look like the deal (for at least the first few frames) has already been struck, and the frames, destined for PS, might have already disappeared from "available" category.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
solracfunk14
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 777

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 pm

They filled the booking system with the Boeing 777 to Beijing and New York JFK


"@Airlineroute
Ukraine International Airlines' Boeing 777 aircraft to serve New York JFK from 25MAR18, Beijing from 01MAY18. Economy Class 3-4-3 layout"

Seat map displaying C21Y319

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 8239365123
Carlos Gabriel - Poder Aéreo/Air Power - www.aereo.jor.br
 
solracfunk14
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 am

They filled the booking system with the Boeing 777 to Beijing and New York JFK


"@Airlineroute
Ukraine International Airlines' Boeing 777 aircraft to serve New York JFK from 25MAR18, Beijing from 01MAY18. Economy Class 3-4-3 layout"

Seat map displaying C21Y319

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 8239365123
Carlos Gabriel - Poder Aéreo/Air Power - www.aereo.jor.br
 
717atOGG
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:47 am

solracfunk14 wrote:
They filled the booking system with the Boeing 777 to Beijing and New York JFK


"@Airlineroute
Ukraine International Airlines' Boeing 777 aircraft to serve New York JFK from 25MAR18, Beijing from 01MAY18. Economy Class 3-4-3 layout"

Seat map displaying C21Y319

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 8239365123

Anyone know if they'll have IFE or lie-flats in J? I saw a trip report on Ukraine International from KBP to JFK and even in J class it's a pathetic hard and soft product, with old recliner seats and the flight map projected on the bulkhead. They do have a monopoly on their routes, though, so I don't know if they have much incentive to upgrade their product. I'm sure their customers will appreciate there not being 2-4-2 in Y anymore.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
ba319-131
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:27 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 am

ikolkyo wrote:
Interesting, going to be a huge gap between the -900ER and the 77E in their fleet.


Yeah, but such an improvement from the 767

- where is the improvement?
111,732,3,4,5,7,8,BBJ,741,742,743,744,752,762,763,764,772,77L,773,77W,L15,D10,30,40,AB3,AB6,A312.313,319,320,321,332,333
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 am

It better have IFE and A BUSINESS CLASS INSTEAD OF PREMIUM ECONOMY
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
yochai
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 am

TLV will also be a 777 destination effective 25MAR18, daily on the late evening PS777/8 service
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am

yochai wrote:
TLV will also be a 777 destination effective 25MAR18, daily on the late evening PS777/8 service


Given that this is often a cheap one-stop journey to TLV from JFK over the nonstops from the area, this should be marketed as a same-plane service from JFK. The Y class is often full, hence why the need for more capacity.
 
User avatar
LA704
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 am

ba319-131 wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
Interesting, going to be a huge gap between the -900ER and the 77E in their fleet.


Yeah, but such an improvement from the 767

- where is the improvement?


Improvement in CASM, more capacity, much lower cabin noise, 3-4-3 in a 777 is more comfy than 2-4-2 in a 767, mainetnance cost....
318 319 320 321 332 343 722 731 732 735 73G 742 744 752 762 763 77W M11
 
na
Posts: 9391
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:56 am

Phosphorus wrote:
na wrote:
Here is a list of 777s currently offered for lease or sale (including scrap). Please note that it isnt necessarily kept to date as several frames on the list are being dismantled already.
http://www.myairlease.com/available/fleetintel_777


Thanks for this resource. However, it does look like the deal (for at least the first few frames) has already been struck, and the frames, destined for PS, might have already disappeared from "available" category.


As I said, this list isnt 100% accurate as there are also planes on it which are in the process of scrapping. So the planes for Ukraine might still be on it.
Btw, russian carrier Vim Air is retiring two 77Es these days after just operating them 6 months.
 
na
Posts: 9391
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 am

na wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:
na wrote:
Here is a list of 777s currently offered for lease or sale (including scrap). Please note that it isnt necessarily kept to date as several frames on the list are being dismantled already.
http://www.myairlease.com/available/fleetintel_777


Thanks for this resource. However, it does look like the deal (for at least the first few frames) has already been struck, and the frames, destined for PS, might have already disappeared from "available" category.


As I said, this list isnt 100% accurate as there are also planes on it which are in the process of scrapping. So the planes for Ukraine might still be on it.
Btw, russian carrier Vim Air is retiring three 77Es these days after just operating them 6 months.
 
JAAlbert
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:48 pm

LA704 wrote:

Improvement in CASM, more capacity, much lower cabin noise, 3-4-3 in a 777 is more comfy than 2-4-2 in a 767, mainetnance cost....


The 777 has lower cabin noise than the 767? I've never considered this, but my recollection is that the 777 has a noisy cabin, especially behind the wings.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1551
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm

JAAlbert wrote:
LA704 wrote:

Improvement in CASM, more capacity, much lower cabin noise, 3-4-3 in a 777 is more comfy than 2-4-2 in a 767, mainetnance cost....


The 777 has lower cabin noise than the 767? I've never considered this, but my recollection is that the 777 has a noisy cabin, especially behind the wings.


Behind the wing is fine for me, I didn’t have an issue on the 2 flights I had about a month ago
 
Zachbt
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Apparently the aircraft are coming from air India, the link below is in Dutch but google can translate.

https://www.aviationinfo.nl/nieuws/11-l ... -air-india
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25167
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm

B747forever wrote:
Now that they will be able to reach the West coast I wonder if they have LAX/SFO in the cards.


That will be an absolute disaster.

Toronto is a no brainer to expand in North America and maybe a weekly or two to South Florida, but I don’t see anything else. Long-haul expansion will undoubtedly be focused on Asia.
a.
 
Marik154
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Just read on one of Ukrainian aviation forums about the 777 arriving to PS. They are due to come on 15th of January 2018, x4 frames: x1 2002 built UR-GOA, x3 2005 built UR-GOB/C/D.

Regards,
Marko
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Din't they have some 787's on orders?
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Zachbt wrote:
Apparently the aircraft are coming from air India, the link below is in Dutch but google can translate.

https://www.aviationinfo.nl/nieuws/11-l ... -air-india


Air India retired them in 2011 and sold or leased them to Omni Air
 
Marik154
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Slash787 wrote:
Din't they have some 787's on orders?


Nope, PS never had any 787 on order.

The link also previously mentioned that one of the frames will be VP-BHB ex-Orenair stored currently at AMS.
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Look forward to seeing the 772 in PS colours. In fact, it may even be a new livery, as was alluded to on here a while back in a quote from one of their execs...
 
CHI2DFW
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 1:44 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 pm

T7 is a lot of plane for KBP to the US. A 788 would be good for LAX, MIA, and ORD. JFK possibly a 789.

Don’t see any other US cities that could support KBP flights, but I’m sure the local fan clubs will chime in!
 
anrec80
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 pm

yochai wrote:
TLV will also be a 777 destination effective 25MAR18, daily on the late evening PS777/8 service


I think they should have a proper W on their routes, but full J - there is simply no paying demand in Ukrainian market for that. Most of it lowest yield VFR traffic. For this same reason DL stopped KBP in 2008-2009 - no J demand. But 3-4-3 77E is a nice upgrade to their 2-4-2 763. Never imagined saying this.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13263
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Anyone know how UIA is doing financially?
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
jubguy3
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 pm

Egerton wrote:
Looks like another likely candidate to add to my list of those cursed by the 'cheap' 777-300, to join Kenyan and Indonesian.


What do you mean by this?
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Zachbt wrote:
Apparently the aircraft are coming from air India, the link below is in Dutch but google can translate.

https://www.aviationinfo.nl/nieuws/11-l ... -air-india


Cannot be true since Air India don't have any 777-200ER available. Anyways, the first aircraft has been painted in Ukraine livery and is ex-Asiana:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... s/aWKbhY2n
 
SonOfABeech
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:07 pm

CHI2DFW wrote:
T7 is a lot of plane for KBP to the US. A 788 would be good for LAX, MIA, and ORD. JFK possibly a 789.

Don’t see any other US cities that could support KBP flights, but I’m sure the local fan clubs will chime in!


Guess they prefer the lower capital commitment of second-hand 77Es.
 
continental004
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm

KBP-LAX isn’t that far fetched. Large population of Ukrainians here in SoCal and SU already runs 777s to LAX
 
UAPS
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:16 pm

So s pochinom (lets start)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
very first photo of PS B777 with a new livery
LAX/HKG pls wait for UIA
 
BREECH
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 pm

SR380 wrote:
"Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has announced plans to start adding Boeing 777 widebodies to its fleet next year. Four such aircraft, equipped with an on-board entertainment system, will replace the Boeing 767s the carrier currently operates, UIA co-owner Aron Mayberg told local publication LIGA.net.

Ukraine’s largest carrier will start phasing out its Boeing 767s in 2019. It has four of the type, each equipped with 261 seats. The 777s can seat more, meaning the airline is obviously aiming to expand its long-haul capacity. Once the new aircraft have entered commercial service, UIA says it will expand its long-haul network, possibly by launching flights to Shanghai and Toronto."

https://www.rusaviainsider.com/ukraine- ... eet-plans/

Okay, let's see.

One, the link doesn't open. If it "announced it", why not do it on their own website instead of some "insider".

Two, I seriously doubt UIA has any chance of expanding their operations. Yes, Canada is rich in Ukraine blood but those people don't have relatives back home to go visit. Once one member immigrates, the whole family follows.

Three, the company belongs to some local oligarch who was a huge collateral damage in the recent political events. He had all his assets taken away from him, so I doubt he has money to buy new airliners.

Four, on the Boeing website, there is nothing on UIA page.
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/custom ... -airlines/

Five, going to Shanghai would require going over most of Russia. Swiss Air now flies around Russia because they can't prolong the overfly contract. Think it'll be easier for Ukraine considering their enormous love for each other?

Six, FAKE NEWS. (c) The Donald
No friendship, love or respect unite people as much as shared hatred towards something.
Sergey Dovlatov
 
UAPS
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

photo of PS 777 is already in FB - is it still fake news?
ok, as an insider would like to confirm that its real photo and real news
and also -pvg willnt happend during 2018
 
Cunard
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:57 am

Let's see what the poster BREECH has to say over the photo which clearly shows a Boeing 772 in full Ukraine International colours, his post is weird to say the least and I get so much satisfaction when someone gets proven wrong when photo evidence proves otherwise.
 
User avatar
SR380
Topic Author
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am

BREECH wrote:
SR380 wrote:
"Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has announced plans to start adding Boeing 777 widebodies to its fleet next year. Four such aircraft, equipped with an on-board entertainment system, will replace the Boeing 767s the carrier currently operates, UIA co-owner Aron Mayberg told local publication LIGA.net.

Ukraine’s largest carrier will start phasing out its Boeing 767s in 2019. It has four of the type, each equipped with 261 seats. The 777s can seat more, meaning the airline is obviously aiming to expand its long-haul capacity. Once the new aircraft have entered commercial service, UIA says it will expand its long-haul network, possibly by launching flights to Shanghai and Toronto."

https://www.rusaviainsider.com/ukraine- ... eet-plans/

Okay, let's see.

One, the link doesn't open. If it "announced it", why not do it on their own website instead of some "insider".

Two, I seriously doubt UIA has any chance of expanding their operations. Yes, Canada is rich in Ukraine blood but those people don't have relatives back home to go visit. Once one member immigrates, the whole family follows.

Three, the company belongs to some local oligarch who was a huge collateral damage in the recent political events. He had all his assets taken away from him, so I doubt he has money to buy new airliners.

Four, on the Boeing website, there is nothing on UIA page.
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/custom ... -airlines/

Five, going to Shanghai would require going over most of Russia. Swiss Air now flies around Russia because they can't prolong the overfly contract. Think it'll be easier for Ukraine considering their enormous love for each other?

Six, FAKE NEWS. (c) The Donald


Sorry Donald but Swiss flights do overfly Russia, aka today’s flight from Tokyo (and all the others by the way).

I won’t comment on the financial situation of PS as I don’t have any info, but how can you say that Ukrainian of blood are not flying back home? Do you claim that on alternatives facts?

Without to mention te previous picture posted thanks anyway! ;-)
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Looks like the first PS 777 will come from OZ....

Per Skyliner:
Boeing 777 -28E 28681 322 UR-GOA Ukraine International at TPE 23oct17 in full cs, HL-reg prior delivery ex HL7596

Michael
 
Cunard
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:49 am

eamondzhang wrote:
Looks like the first PS 777 will come from OZ....

Per Skyliner:
Boeing 777 -28E 28681 322 UR-GOA Ukraine International at TPE 23oct17 in full cs, HL-reg prior delivery ex HL7596

Michael


Michael you should always read previous posts so your up to date before posting yourself as this information has already been discussed and a photo already uploaded of the first of the former OZ Boeing 777 in full Ukraine International colours.
 
Freshside3
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 am

continental004 wrote:
KBP-LAX isn’t that far fetched. Large population of Ukrainians here in SoCal and SU already runs 777s to LAX

SFO is not that far-fetched, either. Especially with lots of people th
 
PlymSpotter
Posts: 10071
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:32 am

Re: Ukraine International will introduce B777 in 2018 and expend network

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:05 am

Capacity jump will be 79 seats, based on the 340 pax configuration which has been mentioned in this thread. They'll have little issue filling the rear seats, the real challenge will be the jump from 14 to 21 premium seats.

CHI2DFW wrote:
T7 is a lot of plane for KBP to the US. A 788 would be good for LAX, MIA, and ORD. JFK possibly a 789.

Don’t see any other US cities that could support KBP flights, but I’m sure the local fan clubs will chime in!


The lease rates will more than compensate here for any perceived overcapacity. PS carries significant transfer traffic onto Central Asia and Israel, they'll have no issue tapping this market.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos