SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

ET ADD-DUB-YYZ going five times weekly, starting 02DEC17

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am

Flights should be operated by either 788, 789 or 77L. At least that's what ET plans to do so far.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... -dec-2017/
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Operating airline in title added

TryToFlySomeday

Re: ADD-DUB-YYZ going five times weekly, starting 02DEC17

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Impressive move!

ET now just needs to get more connections available to desirable African destinations, and time it well for the YYZ and IAD flights. Then I think they're good to go!

Pe@rson

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 am

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
Impressive move!

ET now just needs to get more connections available to desirable African destinations, and time it well for the YYZ and IAD flights. Then I think they're good to go!

Eh? They serve a large number of cities in Africa and their YYZ flights are timed for them
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

TryToFlySomeday

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Really? I was considering a trip to CPT, but ET was giving me a 1hr25m layover from YYZ to CPT via ADD. I prefer something along the lines of 2hrs....

Airontario

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
Really? I was considering a trip to CPT, but ET was giving me a 1hr25m layover from YYZ to CPT via ADD. I prefer something along the lines of 2hrs....

Well that's your preference. 1h25m in ADD is plenty of time to make a connection. Trust me you don't want to spend any more than 2h in ADD waiting for your next flight.

longhauler

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 pm

I flew YYZ-ADD-JNB-ADD-YYZ last year. The flight was timed at ADD in both directions for African connections ... of which there were many!

The alloted time was more than enough. ET was a pleasant experience.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

eastafspot

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:

In case of big delays, a few airport in Africa do convenient "bus to plane transfers" direct - without going through the terminal and its hassle!
ADD is one of them.
Fly with Air Burundi, Air Tanzania, Air Uganda, Kenya Airways and Rwandair...Jumuiya ya Afrika mashariki

berari

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:

Most seasoned travelers will beg for short connection times provided that the airport facilities are good and the airline is reliable. ADD airport allows for as little as 45 min connection times. The airport in its current state is not where you want to stay for 2+ hours anyway.

Your trip to CPT is one of a handful that have tighter connections because of their distance from ADD. ET provides excellent connection times to all of its African destinations, with their morning and evening banks timed to provide just that.

Chances are, through the competition, you're looking at 4+ hours connections via Europe.

berari

Re: ET ADD-DUB-YYZ going five times weekly, starting 02DEC17

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Flights should be operated by either 788, 789 or 77L. At least that's what ET plans to do so far.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... -dec-2017/

Looking at the schedule for December, the flights will be operated by all three aircraft types you mentioned! This is where one begs for consistency.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos