Moves effective 12-09-17:

American / American Eagle / American Shuttle: TERMINAL B
Delta Shuttle: TERMINAL C
Delta / Delta Connection: TERMINAL C/D
Frontier/Spirit - Departures: TERMINAL C
Frontier/Spirit - Arrivals: TERMINAL D
JetBlue/Alaska - TERMINAL A
United/Southwest/Air Canada: TERMINAL B

So is terminal b getting reshuffled at all? just wondering with air Canada, Southwest & United staying put if AA is going to consolidate to 2-3 of the concourses or if they'll be spread out over all 4.

Edit:
Looks like they're going to have gates on all 4 concourses but are keeping the bus: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/press ... fault.aspx so Net, they're giving up 5 gates for 4 which might be why DL agreed...

Yes, they will have to keep the bus since there is no way to travel between the piers without going out of security and having to re-enter. This will also have to involve some demolition of the existing piers on the CTB, which would explain the odd arrangement and the apparent "free" gates, especially in Piers A & B. Going to be an interesting couple of years with moves. That may also be why Delta, Jet Blue, and Alaska lucked out, even with DL loosing a bit of capacity. They will pretty much be in one-place while AA, UA, and WN will be bouncing around the CTB.

ty97

Re: Rumor: AA to Co-locate all flights to Terminal B in LGA in Nov 2017

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 am

Jo8338 wrote:
What gates will NK / F9 have?

only detail I have seen so far is that NK and F9 will use gates in D, but have check-in at C (the old AA counter presumably). Not sure why they aren't using gates in C as a result.

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 pm

It doesn't make sense that Delta would give up a gate on D. These have always been their gates pre slot swap with US. Remember D only has 10 gates and within are the only 4 wide body capable.
The D gates were built by DL in 1984, there is no way they will allow NK / F9.
Also the C sky club is much smaller than D. I doubt they would remodel the Admirals club for just a few years of service.

SamoNYC

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 pm

From the look of things, Delta was the most motivated party here. It sounds like JetBlue wasn't keen on moving, since Delta is paying for their MAT changes and since JetBlue is moving back to Terminal B when it is rebuilt. I guess MAT isn't as great an asset as many of us supposed it to be, if Delta felt consolidation in C and D with the sacrifice of a gate to LCCs was preferable.

VirginFlyer

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Jo8338 wrote:
It doesn't make sense that Delta would give up a gate on D. These have always been their gates pre slot swap with US. Remember D only has 10 gates and within are the only 4 wide body capable.
The D gates were built by DL in 1984, there is no way they will allow NK / F9.
Also the C sky club is much smaller than D. I doubt they would remodel the Admirals club for just a few years of service.

And yet PANYNJ is saying that F9 and NK will be going to D: http://laguardiaairport.com/lgaonthemove/

V/F

tlecam

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:41 pm

I have no idea but my guess is that Spirit and Fronteir will get shafted to some of the “basement” gates.

tphuang

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:49 pm

tlecam wrote:
I have no idea but my guess is that Spirit and Fronteir will get shafted to some of the “basement” gates.

Agreed, I am sure delta is doing this because it believes that it will reap a lot of benefits from having full control of c and d.

Aa on the other hand now has gates spread out amongst 4 concourses. That will be interesting.

n7190jr

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:07 pm

NK will have Gate D2, F9 will have Gate D1. They will check-in in TC where the current Delta group check-in is. Delta will use D1 as needed since F9 only has a few flights, and will also be NKs overflow gate.

tlecam

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 pm

I wonder if DL and AA will create some sort of dedicated security situation for the shuttle flights. DL in particular could re-create something like the MAT with a dedicated check-in / security line with a slightly longer (but still not very long) walk to the shuttle gates if they put the DCA and ORD gates near where BOS is now. The TSA Pre/ CLEAR LINE now is actually further from the shuttle gates that the standard security line.

tlecam

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 pm

n7190jr wrote:

NK will have Gate D2, F9 will have Gate D1. They will check-in in TC where the current Delta group check-in is. Delta will use D1 as needed since F9 only has a few flights, and will also be NKs overflow gate.

So will they check in for departure at C and the walk across to D?

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 pm

That makes no sense. Those are the 2 best gates in both C and D. Those are 2 of the 4 wide body capable gates. These gates used to be gates 1 and 3 and L1011's would frequent. The only downside to gate 1 is that it's a tow in gate. These gates are closest to food, the club and have the largest seating area.
The only thing I can think of that since DL owns these gates they are leasing the gates and gates area on a sq. Ft basis and these are the largest which they can charge the most for.

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:24 pm

SamoNYC wrote:
From the look of things, Delta was the most motivated party here. It sounds like JetBlue wasn't keen on moving, since Delta is paying for their MAT changes and since JetBlue is moving back to Terminal B when it is rebuilt. I guess MAT isn't as great an asset as many of us supposed it to be, if Delta felt consolidation in C and D with the sacrifice of a gate to LCCs was preferable.

MAT is going to be crazy crowded with the B6 operation. The gate area is very small with limited seating.

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:29 pm

tlecam wrote:

The basement gates aren't bad. They are close and have adequate seating.

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:30 pm

tlecam wrote:

The basement gates aren't bad. They are close and have adequate seating.

ty97

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm

n7190jr wrote:

Not at all surprised. If I'd had to guess, these would have been the gates I would have expected. Due to the barrier behind these gates, the tug has to push the plane from D1 allllll he way back past the Terminal D. It's not a quick process (been through it on DL several times) so they are, IMO, the least desirable gates.

So DL is making NK/F9 folks check in in C and then giving them crappy gates in D. That's pretty much par for the DL course.

ty97

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Jo8338 wrote:
That makes no sense. Those are the 2 best gates in both C and D. Those are 2 of the 4 wide body capable gates. These gates used to be gates 1 and 3 and L1011's would frequent. The only downside to gate 1 is that it's a tow in gate. These gates are closest to food, the club and have the largest seating area.
The only thing I can think of that since DL owns these gates they are leasing the gates and gates area on a sq. Ft basis and these are the largest which they can charge the most for.

D1 is a very cramped boarding situation because of the layout of the area. And DL doesn't bring widebodies to LGA in their regular schedule, and has not for a long time.

tphuang

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Jo8338 wrote:
SamoNYC wrote:

MAT is going to be crazy crowded with the B6 operation. The gate area is very small with limited seating.

You are assuming b6 doesn't turn its lga operation into a mostly shuttle operation of e90s. And we know as is only operating e75 out of there. And this is before we have even seen what kind of work they will do at mat.

And again, delta management knows what they are doing. They don't fly widebody out of lga. And they obviously felt like getting aa out of c is worth the price of having frontier and spirit there.

Capn

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:53 pm

If I remember correctly AA had 7 gates on C,4 with jetways and 3 with out. Does anyone know if DL will add jetways to those 3 and then move NK and F9 to them ?

Jo8338

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:43 pm

ty97 wrote:
Jo8338 wrote:

D1 is a very cramped boarding situation because of the layout of the area. And DL doesn't bring widebodies to LGA in their regular schedule, and has not for a long time.

Forget widebodies. D1 is one of only 4 gates that can candle a 757.

ty97

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Jo8338 wrote:
ty97 wrote:
Jo8338 wrote:

Forget widebodies. D1 is one of only 4 gates that can candle a 757.

I don't even think 757s are on the regular schedule (for DL) to LGA currently. We see lots of 739s (ugh) though.

ty97

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Capn wrote:
If I remember correctly AA had 7 gates on C,4 with jetways and 3 with out. Does anyone know if DL will add jetways to those 3 and then move NK and F9 to them ?

I don't think it's possible to add bridges to those gates because of their location. They can only serve as bus gates.

Hopefully this link works. T
https://www.google.com/maps/place/LGA+T ... 73.8650117

The bridgeless gates are between the hold room for that bridged gate and the front (roadway side) of the terminal.

jfklganyc

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm

1. Delta has no widebody or 75 service to LGA

2. MAT/B6 and AS. You are talking about 20 daily slots for 6 gates. Who are we kidding about crowding? Going to have gate utilization of less than 4 flights per gate per day.

3. I am surprised Delta is giving up the original Delta gates...however, a new concourse is sprouting just to the south. Me thinks this alleyway is going to become a
royal pain to access very shortly. No way DL gave up a premium gate without reason

4. AA is the loser in all this. Big loser

11725Flyer

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:11 pm

n7190jr wrote:

Thanks for the information. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

VirginFlyer

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:19 pm

tphuang wrote:
tlecam wrote:
Aa on the other hand now has gates spread out amongst 4 concourses. That will be interesting.

Is it confirmed that they will be using all four concourses of Terminal B? Is it not possible with gate shuffles to consolidate American into three concourses and Southwest, Air Canada and United into the fourth?

If they are spread across four concourses, how much more onerous would that be than the current situation of bearing spread across three?

V/F

ty97

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
tphuang wrote:
tlecam wrote:

Is it confirmed that they will be using all four concourses of Terminal B? Is it not possible with gate shuffles to consolidate American into three concourses and Southwest, Air Canada and United into the fourth?

If they are spread across four concourses, how much more onerous would that be than the current situation of bearing spread across three?

V/F

From the AA press release

American will operate flights from each of the terminal’s four concourses.

COSPN

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Does united still own the USAir terminal. ?

VirginFlyer

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:55 am

ty97 wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
tphuang wrote:

V/F

From the AA press release

American will operate flights from each of the terminal’s four concourses.

Ah I had seen JetBlue's press release but missed AA's one!

http://news.aa.com/press-releases/press ... fault.aspx

Looking at the image there, am I right in understanding they will only use two gates in concourse A (A3 and A5) and one in B (B6)? That's unfortunate they weren't able to get the necessary gates just in one concourse.

V/F

ty97

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 am

VirginFlyer wrote:

http://news.aa.com/press-releases/press ... fault.aspx

Looking at the image there, am I right in understanding they will only use two gates in concourse A (A3 and A5) and one in B (B6)? That's unfortunate they weren't able to get the necessary gates just in one concourse.

V/F

Yep, they are taking over the gates of the airlines moving out of Terminal B (Alaska, Jetblue, Spirit, Frontier) where those gates are today. Unfortunately that results in a hodge-podge of gates. But there will be no airlines left in Terminal B, as best I can tell, that only use one gate, so no one to swap gate B6 with.

HeeseokKoo

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
only use two gates in concourse A (A3 and A5) and one in B (B6)?
V/F

I thought either B4 or B3 is currently used by JetBlue, which should be available for AA. That will bring a total of 20 gates or so for AA who operates approx. 170 daily flights. (tight!)

New concourse will open in late summer 2018 which will immediately replace concourse A. Things will shake up again, so this span-over-four-concourse inconvenience may be a short term thing.

airliner371

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 am

At the end of the day, all these changes are temporary as construction of one unified terminal continues. Portions of the new concourse B will open in September of 2018, and this spring will mark the opening of the new parking garage which will have 1k additional spots over the old one.

HeeseokKoo wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
only use two gates in concourse A (A3 and A5) and one in B (B6)?
V/F

I thought either B4 or B3 is currently used by JetBlue, which should be available for AA. That will bring a total of 20 gates or so for AA who operates approx. 170 daily flights. (tight!)

New concourse will open in late summer 2018 which will immediately replace concourse A. Things will shake up again, so this span-over-four-concourse inconvenience may be a short term thing.

Southwest has control of all gates on B except for gate B6, which is currently NK’s. JetBlue had been using Southwest’s gates as overflow.

jfklganyc

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

For those that think AA Cares about its LaGuardia experience...several years ago, Just before they renovated Concourse D, They put in a new security checkpoint in Concourse D. It was to include a sterile connector from D1 to the C concourse for connectors. Believe it or not AA connects quite a few people through LGA. We were all briefed on the new checkpoint and the sterile connector.

The connector was cut off to save money once the project started.

Don’t feel too bad for AA. They’ve had the same set up with two different concourses and two different security checkpoints and the bus for close to 20 years.

Americans LGA facilities and crumbling, rat-filled hangars speaks volumes of AAs commitment to LGA. No press release will gloss that over.

Bigstud69

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:58 am

ty97 wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:
Sightseer wrote:
AA's been slated to take the new T gates for well over a year, so in terms of the timing I doubt that situation played into this move.

Which new gates in T?

5 new gates, coming circa 2021

http://www.myajc.com/business/hartsfiel ... Imp5sidUI/

That's gonna be interesting to see how they make that work.

aaflyer222

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:29 am

will aa use a3, a5, and b6 for specific routes in order to streamline operations? Also will there be any ground level gates for regional flights, such as c43 and c44 in terminal c?

millionsofmiles

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

My dad grew up close to LGA in Astoria, Queens, and used to take me to watch airliners from the observation deck when I was very young. He told me that LGA would never be finished. He was right about that and about so many things.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos