Topic Author

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2017

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

SJL wrote:
EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

No that has already being announced

The rumour I have heard is EY is considering upgrading from 789 to 77W

Hmm, okay that will only leave QF upgauge their daily QF71 PER-SIN service to A330 equipment year round?

EK413

I could see SQ bring the A350 to PER, or even combine two of the four daily flights into one, operated with a 773 or 77W. The 772 fleet continues to decline in numbers.

From March next year SQ will operate 1 daily A333, 3 daily 772 instead of 2 of each, I think we will likely see a mix of the 2 class A359 when SQ takes those plus 787-10's as well.

I doubt we will see any reduction in services as SIN is the number 1 international destination form PER

EK413

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 pm

SonOfABeech wrote:
Probably too early to know for sure, but any idea how the Socceroos will get to SAP?

QF is the official sponsor so more than likely a charter. QF operated a SYD-KUL-SYD A333 charter last week to pickup the team.

EK413

ZK-NBT

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

qf2220 wrote:
I am surprised that QF hasn't put on more flights e.g. AKL-PER year round, or AKL-ADL (or maybe AKL-HBA even) as part of the approval process with the ACCC. These changes create a 3.7% volume decrease. The original approval required QF and EK to maintain pre competition capacity on TT - which at the time seemed to be the only really 'onerous' condition on the deal.

I'm pretty sure that deal was originally 5 years, I would say there will be a few more changes to come, PER-AKL I would expect. AKL-ADL was tried a one point, of sure I see that again, HBA makes more sense for NZ with its American connections.

EK413

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:07 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
I am surprised that QF hasn't put on more flights e.g. AKL-PER year round, or AKL-ADL (or maybe AKL-HBA even) as part of the approval process with the ACCC. These changes create a 3.7% volume decrease. The original approval required QF and EK to maintain pre competition capacity on TT - which at the time seemed to be the only really 'onerous' condition on the deal.

I'm pretty sure that deal was originally 5 years, I would say there will be a few more changes to come, PER-AKL I would expect. AKL-ADL was tried a one point, of sure I see that again, HBA makes more sense for NZ with its American connections.

With PER-LHR kicking off Mar 18 without a doubt in my mind the PER-AKL will be year round service.

EK413

eamondzhang

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 am

log0008 wrote:
Thanks to Ausbt we now have a table showing all the QF changes for BNE/SYD/MEL-AKL:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/here-is-qantas ... o-auckland

BNE gains 2 extra 737 flights each week and 1 flight upgraded to A330
MEL sees a new A330 flight each day and 1 flight upgraded to the A330 6 days per week

THanks for the update. Looks like SYD's bird is swapping with BNE's (minus the overnight run); while between QF151 and QF158 there's a 7hr layover. The 7hr layover is probably not the best use of a/c though ;)

MIchael

a7ala

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 am

eamondzhang wrote:
THanks for the update. Looks like SYD's bird is swapping with BNE's (minus the overnight run); while between QF151 and QF158 there's a 7hr layover. The 7hr layover is probably not the best use of a/c though ;)

MIchael

The missing piece is the year-round A330 AKL-PER flying so there may be some cycling through?

eamondzhang

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 am

a7ala wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:

MIchael

The missing piece is the year-round A330 AKL-PER flying so there may be some cycling through?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, especially when I got the timetable wrong and was thinking that the 6x weekly QF158 doesn't operate on Saturday instead of Sunday.... :banghead:

Michael

jman

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 am

Given that Air Canada is successful enough to operate daily Vancouver flights to three different airports, would it be worthwhile for Qantas to attempt some flights, apart from the seasonal Sydney flight? Also considering the plane would be sitting on the ground for a long time like the LAX flights, could they do a tag flight and continue on to Toronto? Would there be enough demand to do that route and could they sell it to just Australians or to anyone?

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 am

jman wrote:
Given that Air Canada is successful enough to operate daily Vancouver flights to three different airports, would it be worthwhile for Qantas to attempt some flights, apart from the seasonal Sydney flight? Also considering the plane would be sitting on the ground for a long time like the LAX flights, could they do a tag flight and continue on to Toronto? Would there be enough demand to do that route and could they sell it to just Australians or to anyone?

BNE & SYD are daily from AC, when MEL starts it will only be 3 weekly. QF does not have the frames to start routes to Canada and if they did you would see SYD-YVR operate on a more frequent basis. A tag IMO to YYZ wouldn't not work, I don't think the demand would be there

LamboAston

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 am

qf789 wrote:
Dan23 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EY B77W upgauge ;)

EK413

Not CX swapping the A330 for A350?

I think you mean up gauging. Having flown on the EY 789 and 77W back to back, the 77W was much worse (with a crabby crew), so a 77W would be a downgrade, but upgauge

Sydscott

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:45 am

qf789 wrote:
jman wrote:

BNE & SYD are daily from AC, when MEL starts it will only be 3 weekly. QF does not have the frames to start routes to Canada and if they did you would see SYD-YVR operate on a more frequent basis. A tag IMO to YYZ wouldn't not work, I don't think the demand would be there

QF also codeshare with WestJet so more likely they'll continue dropping people off in YVR for that. (Or you can get to YYZ via DFW if you can put up with US Immigration)

qf2220

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 am

I haven't seen it in the articles but i would assume that EK would continue to codeshare on the new QF flights? Possibly also revenue share (though we would never know if that was happening for certain, sans an ACCC submission.

VirginFlyer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:46 am

qf2220 wrote:
I haven't seen it in the articles but i would assume that EK would continue to codeshare on the new QF flights? Possibly also revenue share (though we would never know if that was happening for certain, sans an ACCC submission.

Here's what is in the press release (https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-and-emirates-partnership-update/):
Qantas’ new trans-Tasman services will carry Emirates code and will connect seamlessly to Qantas’ London services via Perth or Singapore and Emirates’ services between Australia and Europe via Dubai.

V/F

EK413

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 am

qf789 wrote:
jman wrote:

Word floating around the 3 x non ER frames destined for retirement won't be retired. Again it's only word floating around and if true QF will have sufficient frames to support daily SYD-YVR even though a B744 on the route is over kill.

LamboAston wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Dan23 wrote:
Not CX swapping the A330 for A350?

I think you mean up gauging. Having flown on the EY 789 and 77W back to back, the 77W was much worse (with a crabby crew), so a 77W would be a downgrade, but upgauge

I've heard a lot of negative feedback concerning their B77W aircraft but yeah I've also heard PER will be upgauged to B77W or in your case downgauged :)

EK413

qf2220

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Here's what is in the press release (https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-and-emirates-partnership-update/):
Qantas’ new trans-Tasman services will carry Emirates code and will connect seamlessly to Qantas’ London services via Perth or Singapore and Emirates’ services between Australia and Europe via Dubai.

V/F

Strangely enough i have not read the official Qantas announcement...! I have tended to avoid the official announcements on things for a while now and gone straight to analysis pieces! Thanks VF

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:03 am

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
jman wrote:

Word floating around the 3 x non ER frames destined for retirement won't be retired. Again it's only word floating around and if true QF will have sufficient frames to support daily SYD-YVR even though a B744 on the route is over kill.

Interesting, I don't think they would need to offer a daily service, maybe 3-4 weekly and perhaps increase it during peak periods. Of course if this does happens it will allow for some more expansion. I wonder if they will keep BNE-LAX-JFK with the 744 for the time being then, it would allow the 4 BNE based 789's to open up 2 new routes

EK413 wrote:
LamboAston wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I've heard a lot of negative feedback concerning their B77W aircraft but yeah I've also heard PER will be upgauged to B77W or in your case downgauged :)

EK413

From what I have been told EY wants to upgrade to 77W not only for more seats available but also more cargo as we. Its funny you say about the feedback on the 77W as my wife just returned from the UK earlier this week and flew EY and said the 77W was more comfortable than the 789

EK413

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 am

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Interesting, I don't think they would need to offer a daily service, maybe 3-4 weekly and perhaps increase it during peak periods. Of course if this does happens it will allow for some more expansion. I wonder if they will keep BNE-LAX-JFK with the 744 for the time being then, it would allow the 4 BNE based 789's to open up 2 new routes

EK413 wrote:
LamboAston wrote:

EK413

From what I have been told EY wants to upgrade to 77W not only for more seats available but also more cargo as we. Its funny you say about the feedback on the 77W as my wife just returned from the UK earlier this week and flew EY and said the 77W was more comfortable than the 789

Definitely over kill if it was daily and 3-4 weekly more sustainable. The retirement is only word of mouth definitely not confirmed.

As for EY plenty a negative and neutral reviews http://www.airlinequality.com/seat-revi ... d-airways/ many favouring the retired A346 fleet.

EK413

tullamarine

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 am

As for EY plenty a negative and neutral reviews http://www.airlinequality.com/seat-revi ... d-airways/ many favouring the retired A346 fleet.

This is fairly consistent over a lot of airlines. Many Y class customers see a 77W or 789 as an effective downgrade from the product offered by the 8 abreast A330 or A340.

Once again, it will be interesting to see the SQ config of its 78Js. At 8 abreast, it will be a great product and comparable with what is offered on its A380/77W and A350s; 9 abreast will be a definite downgrade with the Y class hard product being not much different from Scoot. Of course, QF is also facing the same criticism with its 789s.

smi0006

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Wored floating around the 3 x non ER frames destined for retirement won't be retired. Again it's only word floating around and if true QF will have sufficient frames to support daily SYD-YVR even though a B744 on the route is over kill.

This is a good point - I hope we will hear a lot more on the 17th at the delivery ceremony. For an exotic note two new routes would be nice; YVR and DFW? Or ORD should be reachable from BNE? Like DFW-BNE-SYD was on the 744 good connections ex-BNE not to mention O&D QLD traffic and a place keeper until it can be done can done non-stop from SYD? Or has all this recent change in AU Aviation got me dreaming!

ZK-NBT

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

What has happened in regards to the talk of 6 or so A332's getting proper long haul crew rests?

I'm picking maybe instead they have decided to hang on to the 3 mentioned 744's instead?

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 am

VA to operate DPS-PHE this weekend after being cancelled last weekend

https://thewest.com.au/news/north-west- ... b88627226z

qf002

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 am

smi0006 wrote:
For an exotic note two new routes would be nice; YVR and DFW? Or ORD should be reachable from BNE?

One will be LAX-JFK and I'm hoping the other is ORD, probably 5-6wk to start. ORD offers almost as much one-stop connectivity as DFW for BNE origin traffic while also taking QF right into another huge US market. Pretty much any QF passenger trying to get from SYD or MEL to ORD would rather take a QF plane all the way via BNE than a connection onto an AA service via LAX or DFW. Also helps keeps NZ's growth in check.

The press release also listed off YVR, SFO and SEA as routes that the 787 'could' fly from BNE. IMO a year-round YVR makes far more sense from SYD though, using one of the 744s coming off BNE-LAX.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

A VA 737 operating tonight on OOL-SYD diverted to BNE with engine problems

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... spartanntp

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Today's QF581 SYD-PER diverted to MEL, medical diversion

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a330- ... diversion/

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Update on QF 789's

VH-ZNG will be line number 774, planned delivery 9 November 2018
VH-ZNH will be line number 778, planned delivery 20 November 2018

So I guess these 2 frames will start a new route early December 2018

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Qantas is set announce today that from 2020 it will power its aircraft from LAX with biofuel

The push for “sustainable” aviation fuel has received a fillip with Qantas poised to announce it will power its Los Angeles-based aircraft with biofuel from 2020.
The Australian can reveal that Qantas will today announce it will buy the renewable jet fuel from Philadelphia-based biofuel company SG Preston for use in aircraft operating from LA to Australia.
Qantas International and Freight chief executive Gareth Evans said the move to buy eight million gallons (36 million litres) of renewable fuel each year was aimed at reducing carbon emissions and that the airline was also looking at ways to become more fuel efficient.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... e8bdb783d8

tullamarine

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:13 am

With QF gaining the 789s and reducing the use of A330s on domestic routes, do you believe it may be a time for it to reconsider services to India? I've recently been to India for work and, along with myself, there were quite a number of Australians transferring in SIN onto 9W services to India. SQ and CX also gets significant business into India from Australia.

Currently the only direct service to India from AU is the AI 788 service to Delhi. The largest financial centre and city with the largest population in India is Mumbai. BOM is easily reachable from SYD or MEL using a A332.

jrfspa320

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:25 am

The issue with India, is low yield traffic, and AI already captures non stop traffic.
I think other centres in Asia will come first, expansion into China and Japan..maybe South Korea and KL, i wouldnt be that surprised to see them give PER-JNB a go, feeding in from the east coast in a similair way to the new LHR flight.

qf002

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 am

tullamarine wrote:
With QF gaining the 789s and reducing the use of A330s on domestic routes, do you believe it may be a time for it to reconsider services to India? I've recently been to India for work and, along with myself, there were quite a number of Australians transferring in SIN onto 9W services to India. SQ and CX also gets significant business into India from Australia.

Currently the only direct service to India from AU is the AI 788 service to Delhi. The largest financial centre and city with the largest population in India is Mumbai. BOM is easily reachable from SYD or MEL using a A332.

A return to SYD-BOM should definitely be on QF's radar but they don't really have the aircraft to make it work right now. The A333s lack range, the new A332 configuration is not suitable at all for such a long flight and the 789s will be far too premium heavy.

It will be a perfect route for a future regional configured 789. Certainly space in that market though, maybe QF could work with 9W to launch BOM-SYD/MEL in the interim and then join in with their own metal down the track.

Bluebird191

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 am

qf002 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

A return to SYD-BOM should definitely be on QF's radar but they don't really have the aircraft to make it work right now. The A333s lack range, the new A332 configuration is not suitable at all for such a long flight and the 789s will be far too premium heavy.

It will be a perfect route for a future regional configured 789. Certainly space in that market though, maybe QF could work with 9W to launch BOM-SYD/MEL in the interim and then join in with their own metal down the track.

Or what about the possibility of JQ if they had some spare 788 capacity? Maybe 3K can start the route with timings to connect onwards to QF’s flights to/from Australia?

zkncj

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 am

tullamarine wrote:
With QF gaining the 789s and reducing the use of A330s on domestic routes, do you believe it may be a time for it to reconsider services to India? I've recently been to India for work and, along with myself, there were quite a number of Australians transferring in SIN onto 9W services to India. SQ and CX also gets significant business into India from Australia..

Haven't the 332's that have been removed from Domestic been shifted onto AKL-SYD,BNE,MEL?

tullamarine

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 am

Or what about the possibility of JQ if they had some spare 788 capacity? Maybe 3K can start the route with timings to connect onwards to QF’s flights to/from Australia?

JQ could do the flights direct with 788s but for the route to be attractive to business travellers, I think a full-service offering is required in both J & Y.

the new A332 configuration is not suitable

I'm not sure why you would say this. The A332 has an excellent business class seat and the Y class seat is more spacious than QF could offer with a 789.

DeltaB717

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 am

tullamarine wrote:

I'm not sure why you would say this. The A332 has an excellent business class seat and the Y class seat is more spacious than QF could offer with a 789.

Yes, but what it doesn't (yet) have is a crew rest facility suitable for such a long stage length.

tullamarine

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

Yes, but what it doesn't (yet) have is a crew rest facility suitable for such a long stage length.

How did QF handle crew rest on the A332s when they were doing AKL-LAX?

jrfspa320

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:34 am

There used to be Internationally configured A330-200s which had more toilets, crew rest etc, these were all removed and the fleet was standardised to be used for domestic use.
It has been rumoured that QF will reconfigure a sub-fleet of 332s again for international ops

qf002

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 am

tullamarine wrote:
JQ could do the flights direct with 788s but for the route to be attractive to business travellers, I think a full-service offering is required in both J & Y.

I agree. JQ would have a tough time competing for passengers who will quite happily fly D7/TZ or on deeply discounted MH, SQ, TG etc fares via Asia. It's a route where QF's yield advantage is more important than JQ's cost advantage.

tullamarine wrote:

They curtained off two seats in J and still do for SYD-PEK. Can do the same on the new configuration but it makes an already smallish cabin even smaller and can have quite a significant impact on revenue.

The other issue particularly relevant to India is toilets and of course the galleys can't fit two full meal services (even with the new tray-less concept).

USAOZ

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:17 am

just heard a rumour, that there will be new direct flights to west coast USA from Australia next year. Could it be that JQ will go nonstop to LAX or ?

Maybe a similar situation to SYD/HNL where both QF & JQ fly the route.

planemanofnz

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 am

USAOZ wrote:
just heard a rumour, that there will be new direct flights to west coast USA from Australia next year. Could it be that JQ will go nonstop to LAX or ?

My pick is SEA - SYD on DL, with an A350-900 or 777-200LR.

SEA is the only major city on the west coast, with no direct flights to Australia or New Zealand.

Despite this, SEA is the fastest growing major city in the US, and is high-yielding, with Amazon, Boeing, Expedia, Microsoft and Starbucks all having significant operations there.

Cheers,

C.
Last edited by planemanofnz on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jupiter2

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 am

planemanofnz wrote:
USAOZ wrote:

SEA is the only major city on the west coast, with no direct flights to Australia or New Zealand.

Despite this, SEA is the fastest growing major city in the US, and is high-yielding, with Amazon, Boeing, Expedia, Micosoft and Starbucks all having significant operations there.

Cheers,

C.

Don't PDX or SAN, hell even SJC count ?

My money would be on JQ doing CNS/LAX.

planemanofnz

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:42 am

jupiter2 wrote:
Don't PDX or SAN, hell even SJC count ?.

No - LAX, SFO and SEA are the only west coast US metropolitan areas that rank in North America's top 20 metropolitan areas, by population count.

Cheers,

C.

log0008

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:43 am

jupiter2 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
USAOZ wrote:

Despite this, SEA is the fastest growing major city in the US, and is high-yielding, with Amazon, Boeing, Expedia, Micosoft and Starbucks all having significant operations there.

Cheers,

C.

Don't PDX or SAN, hell even SJC count ?

My money would be on JQ doing CNS/LAX.

JQ do not have the 787's to do any more flying they are stretched to the limits now with no coverage when one goes tech.

My options:

MEL-DFW (QF) combined with MEL-LAX (AA) or
SYD-SEA (DL) or
BNE-DFW (QF)
MEL/BNE-SFO (UA)

qf2220

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 am

Re India, Ive always thought that a closer deal with Jet would be better. The traffic to/from India is so dispersed across a number of cities that might make it difficult to really serve the market well enough. QF will never do it as well as SG as serving the market so why take the risk?

Though I did wonder out loud on here a while ago if a deal with Air Lanka could do a similar job. QF to CMB and then distributed from there.

qf2220

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 am

And JQ won't be going across the Pacific until QF needs to introduce lower fares to compete for lower paying pax. Currently they are the #1 carrier by reputation for quality, and charge accordingly. They would start to cannibalising their own pax instead of entirely capturing pax from other carriers.

log0008

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 am

planemanofnz wrote:
log0008 wrote:
SYD-SEA (DL) or
BNE-DFW (QF)
MEL/BNE-SFO (UA)

DFW is not on the west coast, so, no.

UA is a possibility, but it has already announced IAH - SYD, and is keeping its 787 fleet busy with the likes of SFO - SIN and LAX - SIN.

Cheers,

C.

Opps missed that west coast part lol

planemanofnz

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am

log0008 wrote:
SYD-SEA (DL) or
BNE-DFW (QF)
MEL/BNE-SFO (UA)

DFW is not on the west coast, so, no.

UA is a possibility, but it has already announced IAH - SYD, and is keeping its 787 fleet busy with the likes of SFO - SIN and LAX - SIN.

Cheers,

C.

EK413

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:32 am

qf002 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

I agree. JQ would have a tough time competing for passengers who will quite happily fly D7/TZ or on deeply discounted MH, SQ, TG etc fares via Asia. It's a route where QF's yield advantage is more important than JQ's cost advantage.

tullamarine wrote:

They curtained off two seats in J and still do for SYD-PEK. Can do the same on the new configuration but it makes an already smallish cabin even smaller and can have quite a significant impact on revenue.

The other issue particularly relevant to India is toilets and of course the galleys can't fit two full meal services (even with the new tray-less concept).

From memory QF got around it operating via DRW until they took on EBG,H,I&L.

EK413

qantas747

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am

Ah considering we are at rumour stage, my thoughts are ADL-LAX with UA or QF. Adelaide airport has been looking to get north american flights for a while. QF could switch the BNE-LAX-JFK to 789 and add in ADL to lax 3pw with BNE-ORD or DFW 4pw. If ADL was to start then the current PM MEL-LAX could switch to MEL-SFO or MEL-DFW. I like the idea of CNS-LAX and SEA-SYD though.

Looking forward to the announcements!

planemanofnz

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:56 am

qantas747 wrote:
Ah considering we are at rumour stage, my thoughts are ADL-LAX with UA or QF. Adelaide airport has been looking to get north american flights for a while. QF could switch the BNE-LAX-JFK to 789 and add in ADL to lax 3pw with BNE-ORD or DFW 4pw. If ADL was to start then the current PM MEL-LAX could switch to MEL-SFO or MEL-DFW. I like the idea of CNS-LAX and SEA-SYD though.

Looking forward to the announcements!

ADL - LAX / SFO are possible, I guess.

It seems that QF is not that interested in international services from ADL though, seeing as they have dropped ADL - AKL and ADL - SIN.

If UA do open ADL - LAX / SFO, I can imagine that NZ would not be too pleased - first stepping on NZ's toes at IAH, and now at ADL - NZ might respond with AKL - ORD.

Another option might be PER - SFO (on UA), which at 9,155 mi, is not too much longer than LAX - SIN at 8,770 mi, or PER - LHR at 9,010 mi.

One further option could be QF returning to YVR (likely from SYD), but non-stop and year-round this time - particularly given AC's continued expansion in Australia. However, this would not fit within the US-specific metrics of the rumour above.

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

ADL-LAX is far fetched. UA to BNE? Or MEL-SFO. QF BNE-SFO maybe.

EK413

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:59 am

If Qantas was to announce a new route it'll be on Friday 20th October with the arrival of their 1st B789.

EK413

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos