Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caflyboy
Topic Author

AS dropping LAX for SEA in MRY?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 am

Just saw that AS (or QX) dropped LAX from MRY. When did this happen? Rumor has it, it could be because they are adding SEA. Could this be true? Seems like it could make for good connections. One non stop to LAX against UA ( OO ) seemed difficult. Do you think this might happen? Would be the first NS from MRY to the PNW and would give them more coverage of Central Cal.

loisencroach

Re: AS dropping LAX for SEA in MRY?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:20 am

Route map is just showing MRY-SAN. I thought I heard awhile back that AS was cancelling LAX-MRY but never heard anything after that.

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:37 am

QX is in the middle of right-sizing the operation and flight schedule to match what can reliably be flown while a pilot shortage is being addressed. Not sure if this market is part of that, but many QX markets are being trimmed in frequency, shifted to AS or OO, or even dropped (see COS) while this realignment takes place.

wedgetail737

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:05 am

I think the COS discontinuation was a calculated risk considering that AS flies through DEN...not that far away. I think once QX gets back on its feet, COS will be reinstated and maybe in a larger fashion.

I do agree that MRY-LAX was dropped due to resources. I think if there will be a SEA-MRY, it will be on an E-175.

strfyr51

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:01 am

MRY-LAX was a prime route a while ago and I suspect it still is. I also suspect QX might be in a major slump right now also. I'll be once they get their ship righted they come storming back..

SANFan

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 am

I can't swear to it but I think LA-MRY was dropped from the schedule quite a while ago; I personally don't think this cut was due to the pilot shortage at QX. And I certainly don't think SEA will be 'replacing' LAX as a destination from MRY; SEA may be added but I don't think it will have anything to do with the dropping of LAX0Mry.

bb

ASFlyer

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:21 am

LAX-MRY was dropped a bit ago. It was a once daily flight in a market that really needs connections to sustain it, and a more robust schedule. It was destined to fail from the beginning.

Chuska

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 am

August 3 was the last day for LAX-MRY on QX.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos