Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ckfred

Re: Chicago Aviation News

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 am

First, will mainline or Eagle be using the new gates on L?

Second, if Eagle is using the new gates, will any of the Eagle gates on H, K, and/or L revert to mainline?

I looked recently at some AA routes out of ORD and noticed more mainline flying on some routes that had been all Eagle for quite some time, including PIT and ATL. IAH now has one 738, although that appears to be short-lived.

Third, a western terminal presents some issues. Let's say you live along I-90, west of ORD. Yes, it would be great to exit at York Road and be dropped off or park your car at the western terminal. But, what if you are flying out o T1, T2, T3, or T5? Either the airlines in the existing terminals would need to have check-in facilities, or airport transit has to be outside security and some how link to the current transit system.

Conversely, if you arrive at one of the existing terminals and need to claim a checked bag, you couldn't very well get back through security to ride the tram back to the western terminal.

Fourth, the logistical problem I see is for someone who is connecting between a flight that arrives at the western terminal and then departs out of one of the existing terminals. Getting a connecting bag could be interesting. Let's say you arrive on a domestic flight, and you are departing on a flight out of Terminal 5. That is a long, long way for the check bags to travel.

bwohlgemuth

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Serious question about deicing at ORD. Will they ever change from the "deicing at the gate" to the far more productive deicing pad? Just seems insane to me that one of the busiest airports in the world can't manage this...

Rdh3e

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:23 pm

bwohlgemuth wrote:
Serious question about deicing at ORD. Will they ever change from the "deicing at the gate" to the far more productive deicing pad? Just seems insane to me that one of the busiest airports in the world can't manage this...

There currently isn't enough pad space to do it, not even close actually. I don't think that is addressed in the new plan either, but I could be wrong.

BlueLine

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:46 pm

ckfred wrote:
First, will mainline or Eagle be using the new gates on L?

Second, if Eagle is using the new gates, will any of the Eagle gates on H, K, and/or L revert to mainline?

The new L gates will be all regional, with the largest equipment that can fit in a gate being an E-175.

The current H and K regional gates will be reconfigured to mainline gates, although I don't know what they can do with K2 as its now wedged between K1 and K3 and can only take up to a CR7 since the lower K gates were redrawn.

DanM64

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
bwohlgemuth wrote:

There currently isn't enough pad space to do it, not even close actually. I don't think that is addressed in the new plan either, but I could be wrong.

A de-icing pad is part of the 9C/27C construction project. One is going to be built north of 10L/28R, just north of taxiway DD.

The de-icing pad does show up in the new T1/T2 expansion plans that were released in September, it's just not labeled.

ORDfan

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:46 pm

bwohlgemuth wrote:

There is already an existing holding pad near 27L that is used for de-icing operations as well. And as noted above, additional pad(s) are planned. The city press release last year made it seem as if multiple de-icing pads were to be constructed, but I don't have any additional info.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/d ... rport.html

nmdrdh787

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 am

globalcabotage wrote:
Ignore the trolls. This forum has turned into my airport vs. your airport.

There are many great posters here with knowledge, insight, and experience.

Unfortunately you take the good with the bad. Please ignore the few that spate hate, the moderators will address that, and let’s focus on meaning discussion! Don’t turn yourself into a troll (I’m guilty of that in the past and have finally grown up).

I've been a lurker for a while but I'm honestly curious where you come up with your new ORD cities from sources you have... some of them boggle me and my contacts within the industry, and some is spilling the news too early.

Not trying to start anything, just honestly curious who your sources are.

Capn

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Earlier I thought I had read about new gate contracts at ORD, any word on who got what for 2018 ?

klemma24

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 pm

bwohlgemuth wrote:
Serious question about deicing at ORD. Will they ever change from the "deicing at the gate" to the far more productive de-icing pad? Just seems insane to me that one of the busiest airports in the world can't manage this...

The city only currently allows gate de-icing except for some regional operations that are allowed to de-ice in a designated area on the T-5 hard stands. There is no 27L de-icing pad. If it is not done on the hardstands which are a very few then it is done at the gate.

A very large de-icing pad is currently under construction on the West side of the airport as stated. This pad will start getting concrete this winter and should be open for use next winter. Along with the pad taxiways connecting it from the North are also under construction.

ORDfan

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Some news making the wires that the city is looking to outsource (kind of) express train service to O'hare.

Doesn't it make the most sense to have Metra do it? The new Joint Use facility sits directly next to the Metra tracks that run to the O'hare Transfer Station and if I recall, was supposed to have a direct connection to Metra, though I was never clear if that meant integrating a new stop into the facility, or just making a walkway to the existing station.

Seems like the hardest part is working with the rail line to ensure more capacity, but that should be easier than building a new subway.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/city- ... s-service/

stlgph

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Freight railroads do not want to work with Metra any more than they "have to."
An express blue line rail, while quite a feat, and a big price tag, gives the CTA a lot more control over operations/reliability.

ADrum23

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 pm

So I take it the new AA routes to Vancouver, Calgary, Charleston, Bangor and Myrtle Beach are being made possible by the new gates opening next year?

Also, any news on a new lease for UA/AA and the terminal redevelopment plans?

United787

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:35 pm

I would love a recap of new upcoming International ORD routes. Here is what I could find, please correct me as necessary:

MZT on UA - Starts 12/23/2017
CUN on VB (Viva) - Starts 2/17/2018
LGW on DY - Starts 3/25/2018
VCE on AA - Starts 5/4/2018
BUD on LO - Starts 5/5/2018
ADD on ET - Starts 6/2018
AKL on NZ - Announced intent but not confirmed
BOG on AV - Applied for but not officially announced
MNL on PR (via YVR) - Applied for but not officially announced

Edit: Corrected the BOG route from UA to AV & additions from stlgph (thank you)
Last edited by United787 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

stlgph

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 pm

A little peculiar it's almost December (why, Charlie, that's tomorrow!) and not a peep about Ethiopian opening reservations.

Budapest starts May 5.

American to Venice starts May 4.

nmdrdh787

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 pm

United787 wrote:
I would love a recap of new upcoming International ORD routes. Here is what I could find, please correct me as necessary:

Was ADD confirmed other than the news article?

Also, source on AKL?

United787

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:

Also, source on AKL?

For ADD, I haven't seen anything but what was on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1378203&p=19942109&hilit=Ethiopian#p19942109

Source for AKL:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374351&p=19831115&hilit=AKL#p19831115

CHI787ORD

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:06 am

ET hasn't even communicated to ORD yet their intention to start flying there, so I'd take that "announcement" with a grain of salt

jbs2886

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 am

United787 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Also, source on AKL?

Source for AKL:

The AKL thread is based on ordering and delivery of two aircraft that aren’t even in service yet. A 77W can maybe make it, but Air New Zealand certainly hasn’t confirmed or even announced service. It was just speculation.

ORDfan

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 am

Um, second thought: let's have Elon Musk work on the O'hare Express! Seriously, I'd love to see a high-speed "Loop" to downtown...if they could extend to the South Side and south surburbs, that'd be even better.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... nologyNews

nmdrdh787

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
United787 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Also, source on AKL?

Source for AKL:

The AKL thread is based on ordering and delivery of two aircraft that aren’t even in service yet. A 77W can maybe make it, but Air New Zealand certainly hasn’t confirmed or even announced service. It was just speculation.

100% agree with this, I mean I'm excited for both but need some more details.

ADrum23

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Does anyone know when/if El Al will return to ORD? I'm surprised it is not serving Chicago right now.

Also, will Virgin Atlantic ever return to ORD?

ORDfan

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Does anyone know when/if El Al will return to ORD? I'm surprised it is not serving Chicago right now.

I'm thinking probably not on VS; seems like this route belongs to BA/AA and UA, and with BA upgauging to A380 next year, I imagine it will only be harder for VS to come back. Personally, I won't miss them: flew them once a few years back (before they left for the first time) and thought the whole thing was tacky, IMO. Combined with the fact they were seasonal, I guess I never really took them seriously and I know a bunch of my colleagues (I worked for a large British multinational at the time) never did either.

I am bit surprised on El Al as well, and I think once they get a few more 787s in their fleet they'll give ORD another look. At least that's been the chatter on this site for a while now. But it might be a stretch for them as well. Seems like IST and AMM are both good/easy connections for TLV, and TK usually very competitive on fares with short transfers. I'm sure direct would be appreciated however.

ADrum23

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:33 am

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I'm thinking probably not on VS; seems like this route belongs to BA/AA and UA, and with BA upgauging to A380 next year, I imagine it will only be harder for VS to come back. Personally, I won't miss them: flew them once a few years back (before they left for the first time) and thought the whole thing was tacky, IMO. Combined with the fact they were seasonal, I guess I never really took them seriously and I know a bunch of my colleagues (I worked for a large British multinational at the time) never did either.

I am bit surprised on El Al as well, and I think once they get a few more 787s in their fleet they'll give ORD another look. At least that's been the chatter on this site for a while now. But it might be a stretch for them as well. Seems like IST and AMM are both good/easy connections for TLV, and TK usually very competitive on fares with short transfers. I'm sure direct would be appreciated however.

I’m just suprised MIA got a flight before ORD. I think El Al would do fine on ORD-TLV

dptpa

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:56 am

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

BA has informed O'Hare of intent to withdraw planned A380 service. They wanted to adjust their schedule, but as crowded as T5 is during summer months, and with only one A380 capable gate, CDA was unable to accommodate BA's request.

nmdrdh787

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 am

dptpa wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

BA has informed O'Hare of intent to withdraw planned A380 service. They wanted to adjust their schedule, but as crowded as T5 is during summer months, and with only one A380 capable gate, CDA was unable to accommodate BA's request.

I'm going to say this respectful as I can, but I think you should remove this statement unless you have a public, reliable source, this is most likely breaking a few NDA's, especially if your contact works for CDA or for a consulting firm, other airlines or partners with confidential industry knowledge.100% if you work for either.

Having seen very questionable statements from another forum member (GlobalCabatoge) spreading news before it was public, I am just saying this with a word of caution and hope you take it.

Having said, the statement you put forth is plausible (due to the scheduling issues at T5, how the gate takes up alot of space, nature of BA at ORD and its operations in LHR, etc), but without public proof, I would retract it and wait on it until it is made public if true, or disproved by BA or CDA or other sources.

Hope you understand!

jcwr56

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:20 am

I’ll agree, there’s no public proof BA is withdrawing the 380. It’s more than 6 months away they plan to start, seems to me plenty of time for any issues to be resolved.

Also, when did PR announce?

planespotter20

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

ORDfan wrote:
Um, second thought: let's have Elon Musk work on the O'hare Express! Seriously, I'd love to see a high-speed "Loop" to downtown...if they could extend to the South Side and south surburbs, that'd be even better.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... nologyNews

Considering that the express is probably only going to be used for businessmen who need to fly out quickly, I doubt that the line will extend much further than the downtown Chicago Loop stop it has planned.

jbs2886

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
dptpa wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

I'm going to say this respectful as I can, but I think you should remove this statement unless you have a public, reliable source, this is most likely breaking a few NDA's, especially if your contact works for CDA or for a consulting firm, other airlines or partners with confidential industry knowledge.100% if you work for either.

Having seen very questionable statements from another forum member (GlobalCabatoge) spreading news before it was public, I am just saying this with a word of caution and hope you take it.

Having said, the statement you put forth is plausible (due to the scheduling issues at T5, how the gate takes up alot of space, nature of BA at ORD and its operations in LHR, etc), but without public proof, I would retract it and wait on it until it is made public if true, or disproved by BA or CDA or other sources.

Hope you understand!

How do you know what he can and cannot say? You spend an entire post warning and chastising a poster when you don’t have any information. This is also the stuff we want to see on a.net (instead of endless speculation).

IrishAyes

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

United787 wrote:

I will be compiling this for S18 as I have done in the past. But, I usually don't publish until early March once most of the schedule data is in, so I'll wait a few more months if that's okay with you guys!

viewtopic.php?t=1357161

viewtopic.php?t=603607

nmdrdh787

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
dptpa wrote:

Hope you understand!

How do you know what he can and cannot say? You spend an entire post warning and chastising a poster when you don’t have any information. This is also the stuff we want to see on a.net (instead of endless speculation).

Did you seriously not read his post?

Its one thing to speculate, another to put a detailed post line like this in:

BA has informed O'Hare of intent to withdraw planned A380 service. They wanted to adjust their schedule, but as crowded as T5 is during summer months, and with only one A380 capable gate, CDA was unable to accommodate BA's request

What he wrote is claiming that he knows that BA went to CDA and they could not accommodate the new request. That means either A) He works for CDA, a contractor or some one with this knowledge is breaking a NDA, B) He knows someone and they are breaking an NDA by giving him the info and having him spread it, C) He is blowing smoke, D) The news is true, we just can't find a source on it, E) The news is true, but shouldn't be out yet (like most of GlobalCabatoge's post claiming he gets info from a friend, spilling it before it comes out publicly).

Making a public claim like this is a fireable offense, because it isn't even confirmed or denied by either party, and is a confidential business discussion. By blasting this detailed statement on a public website breaks many NDA's and also gets into the realm of a individual making false statements on behalf of either party (BA or CDA), which is negative.

Also, I checked last night on the BA website, the A380 was still there at 23:00 CST. If there is any other source that would confirm or deny what he was saying, by all means everyone is welcome to post it.

Seriously my only issue was with him claiming acting like he that he had this non-verified or denied insider knowledge, which is so wrong to do on so many levels. If he made a post saying something that wasn't as detailed, it would have been different response from me. See United787's post where he provides some sources for what the general statements he is saying.

ORDfan

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 am

ADrum23 wrote:
So I take it the new AA routes to Vancouver, Calgary, Charleston, Bangor and Myrtle Beach are being made possible by the new gates opening next year?

I'd say that's a fair assumption, yes. At least I would think the same thing. As a frequent flier to YVR and YYC, I've been surprised that AA hadn't done ORD-YVR and ORD-YYC much sooner; UA/AC have had that corporate market all to their selves forever (makes sense they are both SA, ok sure). But common AA, traffic between ORD-Canada is huge. I'm more than happy to give AA a shot, but early searches look like they are not competitive on fares.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html

AAplat4life

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I'd say that's a fair assumption, yes. At least I would think the same thing. As a frequent flier to YVR and YYC, I've been surprised that AA hadn't done ORD-YVR and ORD-YYC much sooner; UA/AC have had that corporate market all to their selves forever (makes sense they are both SA, ok sure). But common AA, traffic between ORD-Canada is huge. I'm more than happy to give AA a shot, but early searches look like they are not competitive on fares.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html

AA has tried ORD-YVR before, but seasonally. Perhaps the dynamics at ORD make this route more viable now with the larger network, increase in passenger numbers and some of United’s challenges. But if pricing is not competitive, well United typically has a better product.

ILS28ORD

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Found this this morning. Didn't realize MDW has been around 90 years. From worlds busiest airport during the propeller age to basically obsolete after ORD opened at the dawn of the jet age and now a fortress hub for WN and it's busiest airport overall, it's had a long unique history. Not to mention the airport I depart from the most. Happy birthday Midway.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 947499001/

stlgph

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Happy birthday Midway. Now bring back Potbelly's.

ILS28ORD

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

stlgph wrote:
Happy birthday Midway. Now bring back Potbelly's.

With all of the new concession space planned in the expansion I completely agree.

United787

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Congratulations MDW, I love that airport, so small, clean and efficient! To bad I never use it anymore because I hate WN.

Couldn't USA Today find a more recent photo? That one is mid-construction probably about 2002-2003... 15 years ago!

ORDfan

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Looks like tomorrow is forecast to be the busiest day for O'hare and Midway during this holiday window. Pretty decent year-over-year increases in estimated passenger traffic according to the CDA: 3.5% and 2% respectively for ORD and MDW.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ngers.html

United787

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Any word on the proposed airport in Peotone? I was hoping Gov. Rauner would put an end to it and have IDOT sell all the land they bought.

glbltrvlr

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:56 pm

ILS28ORD wrote:
From worlds busiest airport during the propeller age to basically obsolete after ORD opened at the dawn of the jet age and now a fortress hub for WN and it's busiest airport overall, it's had a long unique history.

And if you are feeling a little nostalgic, rent a copy of Hitchcocks North by Northwest.

ckfred

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm

A. I just looked today (12-21) at AA.com, and it still shows BA operating an A380 this summer.

B. Back in the 90s, AA used to fly ORD-YYC with MD-80s. CP also had a round-trip on the route, (my guess with a 737-200 or an Airbus narrowbody), IIRC. I seem to remember a friend of mine who worked for Amoco (Standard Oil of Indiana), before the BP merger said that AA was Amoco's preferred carrier. I assumed that with Amoco's Canadian operations headquartered in Calgary, while Amoco was headquartered in Chicago, there were Amoco employees flying ORD-YYC with some regularity.

kordcj

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:26 pm

ORDfan wrote:
Looks like tomorrow is forecast to be the busiest day for O'hare and Midway during this holiday window. Pretty decent year-over-year increases in estimated passenger traffic according to the CDA: 3.5% and 2% respectively for ORD and MDW.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ngers.html

Is this holiday season growth? The passenger data released by the city shows ORD growing about 1.7% yoy, granted the website only shows data thru Oct.

I’m amazed WN is still able to get any growth at MDW. Seems like they’ve been at capacity there since ATA went under.

kngkyle

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 pm

2017 YTD traffic numbers. Numbers in bold designate new records for that month. International passengers is at 6 record breaking months in a row now, total pax saw new records for 5 of the last 6 months. Overall growth is fairly slow though, in the low single digits.

Annual numbers: (2017 through October)

planespotter20

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Any news on the terminal expansion? It’s been a while since I’ve heard anything

ADrum23

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:04 pm

kngkyle wrote:
2017 YTD traffic numbers. Numbers in bold designate new records for that month. International passengers is at 6 record breaking months in a row now, total pax saw new records for 5 of the last 6 months. Overall growth is fairly slow though, in the low single digits.

This is all the more reason they need to get going on the terminal expansion. My goodness, they may only finish the year barely above last year if I am reading this right.....
Last edited by ADrum23 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADrum23

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm

planespotter20 wrote:
Any news on the terminal expansion? It’s been a while since I’ve heard anything

I thought for sure we'd see something about a new lease for UA/AA before the end of the year, but I guess we probably won't. I anticipate it will happen any week now. Once that happens, then we should have a better idea about the terminal situation.

But looking at the numbers above, they really need to get moving. Growth at ORD is pretty slow.

CHI2DFW

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 am

kngkyle wrote:

AA’s loss is UA & International Carrier gains. AA did add seasonal Barcelona and 8 seasonal Guatemala City flights. Maybe Venice will work and we’ll get more.

The main problem is lack of gates and 2018 is fast approaching and no news on gate contracts.

ORDfan

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:37 am

ADrum23 wrote:
This is all the more reason they need to get going on the terminal expansion. My goodness, they may only finish the year barely above last year if I am reading this right.....

That data is only through October...it doesn't include the busiest part of the holiday travel seasons. Relax...let's wait for Nov+Dec before we jump to conclusions for 2017.

YTD international passengers up 6.2% while domestic up .88%, total up 1.7% per the city's data. Y-o-y international growth is impressive, but domestic is slow, yes, but still in the black, which is good. It's not unusual for such large, mature markets to experience slow or no growth relative to smaller markets, and not too different than NY, LA, or DC markets. Yearly passengers at IAH are at 10 yr lows, for example, and y-o-y solidly negative.

http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollectio ... UMMARY.pdf

https://d14ik00wldmhq.cloudfront.net/me ... ort_11.pdf

jbs2886

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 pm

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

That data is only through October...it doesn't include the busiest part of the holiday travel seasons. Relax...let's wait for Nov+Dec before we jump to conclusions for 2017.

YTD international passengers up 6.2% while domestic up .88%, total up 1.7% per the city's data. Y-o-y international growth is impressive, but domestic is slow, yes, but still in the black, which is good. It's not unusual for such large, mature markets to experience slow or no growth relative to smaller markets, and not too different than NY, LA, or DC markets. Yearly passengers at IAH are at 10 yr lows, for example, and y-o-y solidly negative.

In fairness on IAH, the Houston market is recovering from depressed oil prices, which has impacted travel significantly - so its probably not the best example to compare ORD's position to. Regardless, I agree ORD is doing fine, I'd like to see some bigger domestic growth, but right now the ability to grow domestically (and internationally) is constrained by gates; the only way to grow is increase plane size.

nomorerjs

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 am

AA’s loss is UA’s and others’ gains. Maybe they’ll add more when T5 expands, but AA seems comfortable with seasonal flights and letting OneWorld partners handle all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if AA dropped ORD-MAN and it was picked up by UA or BA.

If UA wasn’t so awful, they could be kicking AAs ass. ORD is stuck with an incompetent airline (UA), and one that is just waiting to see what happens with gate leases in 2018, T5 expansion, and new terminal (AA). Until this is settled, ORD is limited in growth (upgauging or off-peak flights).

ADrum23

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:57 am

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I know, I wasn't trying to be dramatic, but it's just disappointing to see the growth slow (particularly in domestic). AA could help a bit by upgauging more flight to mainline.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos