Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

717atOGG
Topic Author

Norwegian starts LGW-SEA today

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Right now, the first LGW-SEA flight on D8 is about an hour and a half out of SEA, operated by a 787-9 in the Ole Bull livery. Anyone taking this flight in the near future? I think it'll be a hit, although I'm curious to see BA and VS and how they'll respond. Nonetheless, exciting to see continued growth at SEA, LGW, and Norwegian!

Aeroflot777

Re: Norwegian starts LGW-SEA today

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

As a big fan and supporter of Norwegian, I can only wish them success on their new route. Hope it works out long-term.

NichCage

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 pm

I would love to see Norwegian (or even SAS to return to SEA) to fly CPH-SEA. SAS would never return to SEA, but Norwegian adding CPH from SEA would be awesome.

AAvgeek744

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:37 pm

NichCage wrote:
I would love to see Norwegian (or even SAS to return to SEA) to fly CPH-SEA. SAS would never return to SEA, but Norwegian adding CPH from SEA would be awesome.

Don't think SK will return to SEA since they have a Star hub at SFO. Seems an opportunity for Norwegian.

717atOGG
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

NichCage wrote:

There was a Seattle Times article a while back that suggested they'd add more destinations starting in Fall 2018. I personally hope that they'll add OSL and CDG, with FCO and BCN being longer shots, but possible within the next 5 years,
Article: http://www.seattletimes.com/business/bo ... pe-routes/

Caryjack

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 pm

:checkmark:
Aeroflot777 wrote:
As a big fan and supporter of Norwegian, I can only wish them success on their new route. Hope it works out long-term.

I saw it come in. It flew right over my house at about 5000 feet. Any idea what the weekly schedule is?
Thanks,
Cary

lesfalls

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:50 pm

717atOGG wrote:
NichCage wrote:

There was a Seattle Times article a while back that suggested they'd add more destinations starting in Fall 2018. I personally hope that they'll add OSL and CDG, with FCO and BCN being longer shots, but possible within the next 5 years,
Article: http://www.seattletimes.com/business/bo ... pe-routes/

During the inaguration of the new pier at OSL Bjorn Kjos said that Norwegian will start OSL-SEA in 2018 2x weekly.

masgniw

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Wow! Up to 4 daily directs from SEA to London -- I never thought I'd see the day.

Seems like an odd time to start up, though. I would imagine they'd want to get in on cruise season, but that's winding down quickly.

CrawleyBen

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Caryjack wrote:
:checkmark:
Aeroflot777 wrote:

I saw it come in. It flew right over my house at about 5000 feet. Any idea what the weekly schedule is?
Thanks,
Cary

4x weekly. The flight had something like 330 pax on board when I saw the pax load earlier this morning (cant remember the exact figure)

I've posted a link below if this helps at all.

http://www.mediacentre.gatwickairport.c ... enver.aspx

Thanks

Ben

ER757

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

masgniw wrote:
Wow! Up to 4 daily directs from SEA to London -- I never thought I'd see the day.

Seems like an odd time to start up, though. I would imagine they'd want to get in on cruise season, but that's winding down quickly.

That is a lot of seats to fill - Wouldn't surprise me if BA ends up sending in a smaller aircraft, especially during the winter season. Or if VS goes less than daily.
I agree Norwegian started service just as the summer tourist and Alaska cruise seasons are pretty much winding down. As if on cue, it rained Sunday for the first time in over three months

717atOGG
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:20 pm

ER757 wrote:
masgniw wrote:

That is a lot of seats to fill - Wouldn't surprise me if BA ends up sending in a smaller aircraft, especially during the winter season. Or if VS goes less than daily.
I agree Norwegian started service just as the summer tourist and Alaska cruise seasons are pretty much winding down. As if on cue, it rained Sunday for the first time in over three months

I hope that VS can stick it out in SEA, just so that DL can have a link to London. I think that BA would probably respond, if the market can't support it, by cutting the second daily flight and downgauging the other flight to a 773 or 772.

wedgetail737

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 am

I don't think VS will have a problem earning their keep at SEA. I think people will be more willing to fly VS over DL on the SEA-LHR flight.

What is SEA looking forward to for next year? Thomas Cook to MAN? Additional Norwegian destinations? Will Eurowings return next summer? Will Condor bring back the SEA-MUC flights back next summer? What about Asia?

flyoregon

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
I don't think VS will have a problem earning their keep at SEA. I think people will be more willing to fly VS over DL on the SEA-LHR flight.

What is SEA looking forward to for next year? Thomas Cook to MAN? Additional Norwegian destinations? Will Eurowings return next summer? Will Condor bring back the SEA-MUC flights back next summer? What about Asia?

On the Washington air service thread, there's a post that mentions international load factors in March and the percentages are not all that great. They're not terrible, but not great. Does Seattle have TOO much capacity?

hz747300

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 am

I thought Cathay would add SEA but with Delta not killing it regularly, it probably is a ways off. Seems like more leisure carriers are going into SEA

jumbojet

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

There is no DL metal that flies SEA-LHR.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos