Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

77H

Re: Alaska new livery update

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:30 am

KiloRomeoDelta wrote:
MrHMSH wrote:
the colours remind me of the Aurora Borealis in a night sky, and overall I really, really like it.

More than Aurora, they remind me of the Pacific Northwest - the sky blue and shades of green is so quintessential Washington-Oregon feel!

Alaska smashed it outta the park with their livery refresh, and I am so looking forward to see what the A320s look like in those colors! I hope when the first VX 320 is repainted, they also remove that godawful purple-pink "mood" lighting inside which makes the plane look like a cheap strip club in Vegas.

The colors also give the airline a more tropical feel at the same time, almost like the shades of blue you'd find at a tropical beach which is just as fitting considering all the sun destinations Alaska serves. There have been a lot of livery revisions in the last decade I've instant liked. AS hit the mark.

77H

chrisair

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:56 am

The new colors have really started to grow on me. I actually like them more now than when they first came out.

MesserJ wrote:
568 & 569 are in paint

I just saw 569 the other day. Are they getting rid of the Starliner and Employee Powered schemes?

packmedic

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm

chrisair wrote:
The new colors have really started to grow on me. I actually like them more now than when they first came out.

MesserJ wrote:
568 & 569 are in paint

I just saw 569 the other day. Are they getting rid of the Starliner and Employee Powered schemes?

Starliner I'm not sure. Employee Powered (at least with the same design) I would bet is on the way out. They haven't collected employee signatures like they did last time.

MesserJ

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:03 am

568 has been completed so I guess be on the lookout for photos. My guess is that it's in standard colors. 526 took its place at the paint shop today.

MesserJ

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 pm

N436QX is the first Dash 8 repaint; just left the paint shop last night last night. Also Employee powered and Starliner 75 are in standard colors now unfortunately :(

wedgetail737

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Starliner 75 was delivered to AS in those colors directly from Boeing. That's unfortunate.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos