Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

The Future of ISP

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 pm

From Delta and United to Spirit and Eastern to now Frontier and Southwest...

Whats next in KISP's Future?

Currently At ISP:
Southwest (KFLL, KMCO, KPBI, KTPA, KBWI)
Frontier (KMCO, KRSW, KMIA, KMSY, KTPA, KPBI (KCLT, KATL, KORD, KDTW, KMSP - Spring 2018)
American Eagle (KPHL)

This topic is discuss what you have heard about further service or what you would like to see.

c933103

Re: The Future of ISP

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:05 am

Without knowing too much about the airport, just by looking at the list... Seems BOS is a pretty notable miss?

cheapgreek

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am

Can't believe DL does not feed ATL from ISP. Also why not AA to CLT?

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 am

This thread should be helpful

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1370309&p=19738479&hilit=isp#p19738479

The growth as of late has been impressive, although I don't know enough about the airport to know what types of flight they are after.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:43 am

Midwestindy wrote:

The growth as of late has been impressive, although I don't know enough about the airport to know what types of flight they are after.

In 2019 they can do International and they are already in talks/ have been in talks with some airlines like Aer Lingus, Norwegian, WOW, and RyanAir

They are looking for routes that work well for the 2 NYC Airports, EWR, PHL, BOS, PVD and BDL (Boston, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles (to name a few that have not been serviced in ISP)

phluser

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 am

My guess is F9 will stimulate a lot of new traffic at ISP but certain routes will be done one season and never attempted again, e.g. MSP. If WN is willing to not take too much notice to all the traffic stimulated, I wonder if B6 might then poach some of the new traffic. B6 might do it just for the aspect of serving another NY airport and the political benefits of it.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:12 am

cheapgreek wrote:

I can totally see Delta Connection stepping in for that route if Frontier does well..

superjeff

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:16 am

Penn Air tried BOS-ISP-BOS unsuccessfully a couple of years ago, so apparently that doesn't work. I would not be surprised to see American Eagle operating CLT-ISP-CLT with piedmont ER4 equipment as they replace their Dash 8's; Southwest has cut back a lot in the last couple of years to move many flights to LGA, so I don't think they control the place like they used to. Perhaps United to Chicago or IAD.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 am

What would people say if Air Canada Express did a route from YYZ-ISP in a Dash-8 or a Beechcraft 1900 or Westjet in a Dash-8?!? Would they do well!??!

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:23 am

superjeff wrote:
Penn Air tried BOS-ISP-BOS unsuccessfully a couple of years ago, so apparently that doesn't work. I would not be surprised to see American Eagle operating CLT-ISP-CLT with piedmont ER4 equipment as they replace their Dash 8's; Southwest has cut back a lot in the last couple of years to move many flights to LGA, so I don't think they control the place like they used to. Perhaps United to Chicago or IAD.

But didnt Penn Air do that route daily?? That route would do well 3 or so times a week.

I would love to see American Eagle do that route.. Even though I dont think it would do well (Unless they fly to MYR (Myrtle Beach) instead) and with the United Express, I dont think they would.. (But maybe)

I think that Southwest will do a big push out of KISP in the coming years with international flights

KLMatSJC

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
In 2019 they can do International and they are already in talks/ have been in talks with some airlines like Aer Lingus, Norwegian, WOW, and RyanAir

This is where I see this airport going. I think it can be a good LCC/ULCC alternative for the New York Area. I could easily see Allegiant there, along with whoever will be doing ULCC narrowbody service to Europe in a few years.

MO11

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 am

superjeff wrote:

In the '80s and '90s, at least three commuter airlines ran ISP-BOS with turboprops; there was at least 10 flights/day. Guess that market tanked.

I'm not sure why PT would all of a sudden fly ISP-CLT. AA determines where the Eagle carriers go; two other Eagle carriers that currently serve CLT with CRJs could have already been flying the route.

AA already had a crack at ISP-ORD (I think twice), and UA did once (albeit a 1-stop). Maybe better suited for a regional jet.

lat41

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:50 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
What would people say if Air Canada Express did a route from YYZ-ISP in a Dash-8 or a Beechcraft 1900 or Westjet in a Dash-8?!? Would they do well!??!

We had a similar service from PHD to YYZ a few years back. The list of connecting cities via Toronto was impressive but the Dash-8 and later B1900s were late too often and seemed to cancel with the first clap of thunder or few flakes of snow. As I recall they were totally not price competitive with their BOS connecting service on some of the routes even though the Southern New England passenger expects to pay a reasonable premium to avoid BOS. Maybe Air Canada Express is different now.

fraspotter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 am

lat41 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:

We had a similar service from PHD to YYZ a few years back. The list of connecting cities via Toronto was impressive but the Dash-8 and later B1900s were late too often and seemed to cancel with the first clap of thunder or few flakes of snow. As I recall they were totally not price competitive with their BOS connecting service on some of the routes even though the Southern New England passenger expects to pay a reasonable premium to avoid BOS. Maybe Air Canada Express is different now.

Porter from YTZ maybe?

DL757NYC

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:09 am

There is no future at this airport. The local residents fought this airport every step most majors had flights there. At that time there were some aircraft that flew out of there were loud. DC-9's MD-80's and some 727's So when they wanted to expand residents fought. The town of Islip had some really corrupt people in there. I know DL pulled out of there back in 08. Now it's just Southwest, Frontier as of late. . There is very little going on there. Typical Long Island people complain about taxes and lack of jobs. Yet every time project are proposed NIMBY's cry traffic, noise. The island has a population of a large state. We have no airports,sports teams or large employers. At least it's quiet

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 am

@DL757NYC Thats true but now that airplanes are more eco-friendly and less noisy, they should be fine (I guess aslong as they dont land or takeoff after 10

cheapgreek

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 am

If AA would start service to CLT and MIA, as an existing carrier, the locals would have no say. That service would connect much of the southeast and the Caribbean and South America. I think a great market exists at ISP. As far as locals bellyaching, its the same at many airports. It took BOS 20 years to add a 5000 foot commuter runway all on existing airport property.
Would like to see federal law past that would not allow local opposition to airport projects on airport owned land.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:34 am

cheapgreek wrote:
If AA would start service to CLT and MIA, as an existing carrier, the locals would have no say. That service would connect much of the southeast and the Caribbean and South America. I think a great market exists at ISP. As far as locals bellyaching, its the same at many airports. It took BOS 20 years to add a 5000 foot commuter runway all on existing airport property.
Would like to see federal law past that would not allow local opposition to airport projects on airport owned land.

Personally... Im going for a nice direct flight from ISP-SXM or to SJU... :P

But hey, non-direct COULD work for me

yanksn4

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:40 am

The connection from the airport to Ronkonkoma LIRR needs to be improved immensely IMO. ISP would have a much better appeal as a NYC airport if it could improve that link. Proposals for a people mover train from the terminal to the station would be a bit too much though.

It would be nice to get MDW back on WN, and a AA/UA flight to ORD but I think the future for ISP is with F9 and Allegiant. Would Punta Gorda work again or another Florida city?

A B6 flight to FLL would be nice as well.

Aliqiout

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 am

DL757NYC wrote:
There is no future at this airport. The local residents fought this airport every step most majors had flights there. At that time there were some aircraft that flew out of there were loud. DC-9's MD-80's and some 727's So when they wanted to expand residents fought. The town of Islip had some really corrupt people in there. I know DL pulled out of there back in 08. Now it's just Southwest, Frontier as of late. . There is very little going on there. Typical Long Island people complain about taxes and lack of jobs. Yet every time project are proposed NIMBY's cry traffic, noise. The island has a population of a large state. We have no airports,sports teams or large employers. At least it's quiet

No airports? ISP LGA and JFK are all on Long Island.

I have thought that AS should try LAX, SFO and maybe SAN or SEA as a way to get around lack of slots at JFK.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:50 am

All of those routes would work well at ISP I believe! Lots of interest!!

Moose135

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 am

Aliqiout wrote:

While JFK and LGA are physically on Long Island, they are in the borough of Queens, part of NYC. Any Long Islander (and I grew up and spent most of my life there) will tell you "Long Island" consists of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, and Queens residents will deny they are Long Islanders. ;)

WN used to have a large presence at ISP - I used to fly ISP-MDW a bunch back then, but once they obtained LGA slots, most of that flying moved there. I wouldn't expect them to add back much service. I don't see B6 starting operations at ISP - with all of their flights out of JFK, they would be spending more money to get the Long Islanders who already fly with them out of JFK. For that same reason, I don't really see AA or DL, or really any other airline with significant service out of JFK/LGA, to add much to ISP.

dragon-wings

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
Currently At ISP:
Frontier (KMCO, KRSW, KMIA, KMSY, KTPA, KPBI (KCLT, KATL, KORD, KDTW, KMSP - Spring 2018)
American Eagle (KPHL)

This topic is discuss what you have heard about further service or what you would like to see.

When did Elite Airways stop flying to Islip?

jfklganyc

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:25 am

F9 will be gone.

WN will have a handful of destinations on a handful of flights.

No offense, but as someone who worked there for years, a loser airport run by a corrupt town. That should be the slogan for ISP.

Aliqiout

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

While JFK and LGA are physically on Long Island, they are in the borough of Queens, part of NYC. Any Long Islander (and I grew up and spent most of my life there) will tell you "Long Island" consists of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, and Queens residents will deny they are Long Islanders. ;)

WN used to have a large presence at ISP - I used to fly ISP-MDW a bunch back then, but once they obtained LGA slots, most of that flying moved there. I wouldn't expect them to add back much service. I don't see B6 starting operations at ISP - with all of their flights out of JFK, they would be spending more money to get the Long Islanders who already fly with them out of JFK. For that same reason, I don't really see AA or DL, or really any other airline with significant service out of JFK/LGA, to add much to ISP.

There is the island of Long Island and there is the area of New York state called Long Island that includes only the parts of the island outside New York city . If you meant the area, your use of the word "on" was misleading. Something in "on" an island, but "in" an area.

That being said, I agree, the population of Long Island should be able to support a lot more service at ISP.

Art at ISP

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm

There was once service from ISP to CLT, ORD, MDW, MIA, on various airlines. The problem was that ISP did not do a good job of getting business travelers to use the airport, due to lack of routes and frequencies. I used to use ISP exclusively in the early 2000's but I had to connect through PHL everywhere I went. I'd fly 150-200 segments a year due to connections. It became too inconvenient. At one time or another, I did fly AA to ORD and MIA from ISP, but they withdrew, claiming low yields. The fact is that it costs them less to fly from JFK/LGA, and most of the time they are loathe to draw traffic away from those airports.

WN built ISP as an entrance to the NYC market, because they could not get slots at LGA or JFK. Once LGA opened up they pulled up and ran, moving many of their flights to LGA. We said goodbye to many destinations, such as MDW and BNA. At one time they even flew ISP-PVD (but I do think BOS would work if done right)..

The problem with ISP today is they only attract third world airlines like Frontier and Allegiant, who cater to the cheapest of the cheap, but nickel and dime you until you actually spend more than you would likely spend on a major. ISP appears to only be going after the leisure market, which in my opinion is a mistake. I spent years advocating for ISP with US/AA, and other airlines. I think DL was wrong to pull out but with the investment they made in NYC airports, I understand their reasoning.

I would love to see AA respond to F9 with service at least to CLT and/or MIA, the E145 or 175 would do well I think, but I don't think they will do it.

Biged

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Only way it will work is to move terminal next to LIRR train station. Isolated location too far out for Nassau County. Flew out of there in early 80's, only service to Alb, Dca, PIT, ORD and BOS. Also discount airline to Mco on old Dc-8.

LotsaRunway

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

ISP is an interesting airport case study. It is surrounded by plenty of population that should make more O&D work, but the airport just cannot break the mindset that there are nonstops to everywhere - international flyers go to JFK and domestic to LGA (and now JFK with B6 there). However, there are vacationers willing to take a nonstop on a cheap flight to Florida and there's a limited business group willing to connect somewhere to get to somewhere else. Connections to Florida at ATL or CLT don't work for LongIslanders. It's either got to be cheap & nonstop, or flyers go to LGA (JFK) to get that nonstop. Those AA business travelers can connect in PHL just as well as CLT, so why add CLT? WN has BWI for connections and Florida for O&D. LAS could maybe come back, but I don't see much else from WN. F9 could stir things up with their cheap fares. Most F9 destinations are popular vacation spots, but some might be outside the LongIslander mindset for travelling from ISP.

Cheap flights to the Caribbean could be a possibility, but the 7006' runway is going to pose some limitations. For the same reason, and because of the mindset to automatically think JFK, I think European flights would be a major risk for an airline. It might make a splash at first, but would it last? Finally, that rail connection? I've given up on it. They had a chance to make it work when WN had a larger presence and people wanted to come to ISP for WN flights. I don't see that demand developing now or in the near future.

lesfalls

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

They are looking for routes that work well for the 2 NYC Airports, EWR, PHL, BOS, PVD and BDL (Boston, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles (to name a few that have not been serviced in ISP)

Just out of wondwe what are the plans with that? I don't see the likes of EI,DY or WW going to ISP as they already serve the NYC area quite well.

loisencroach

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 pm

I think one or two of the F9 markets (at least RSW) will stick but not all of them.

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 am

lesfalls wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Just out of wondwe what are the plans with that? I don't see the likes of EI,DY or WW going to ISP as they already serve the NYC area quite well.

They have all looked at flights into KISP and especially RyanAir and Norwegian really like the idea of it. Norwegian wants to use their 737 Max's more effectively and thats where KISP can come into use, with flights to Europe aswell as the Caribbean

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 am

loisencroach wrote:
I think one or two of the F9 markets (at least RSW) will stick but not all of them.

I think that 7/11 of those routes will last a while (Including CLT, MSY, ORD, MCO, RSW, PBI (Seasonal), and ATL (Seasonal)

I thought long and hard about MSP... But I think if they do 2 times a week it could do well and then build up from there.. (It could work)

tomaheath

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 am

At its peak how many daily fights did WN have? And to what destinations?

NYC2SFO

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 am

Growing up on LI in the 70's and 80's, ISP was a thriving airport. Both AA and UA had mainline service to ORD. Tons of service to upstate NY to all of the college towns. CO even had a flight in the 90s I used to take ISP EWR ISP, and connect to SFO. Was super convenient. I haven't lived in NY for many years, but at the time, it was the convenient airport for many people, although many destinations required a connection. I remember hearing the corruption with the Town of Islip back 20-30 years ago. Its a shame.... a convenient inbound airport for The Hamptons and Fire Island, and convenient for outbound folks in Suffolk/eastern Nassau that would keep tons of traffic off of the LIE. ....and JOBS!

jfklganyc

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 am

WN got up to around 40 flights

11725Flyer

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 am

As a long-time former resident of Suffolk County, I'm surprised ISP hasn't attracted more attention from the majors. I know DL does't want to cannibalize JFK and LGA; UA might think they have the area covered via EWR and AA has JFK, but they're missing a huge opportunity. ISP is an easy airport to navigate and has a large base of customers who want to avoid driving west.

Looks like Frontier has exploited an opening that the legacies didn't take advantage of. Maybe someone can comment on gate availability?

phluser

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:22 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
loisencroach wrote:

I think that 7/11 of those routes will last a while (Including CLT, MSY, ORD, MCO, RSW, PBI (Seasonal), and ATL (Seasonal)

I thought long and hard about MSP... But I think if they do 2 times a week it could do well and then build up from there.. (It could work)

MIA is notably missing even though the Long Island to South Florida market is large. After MCO, it would seem to have the best staying power.

F9 doesn't excel with the 2x a week model. G4 does better with that but it does it through EWR (and for DC through BWI), which is more sensible and runs the flights on popular travel days (Thursday, Sunday). F9's implementation of less than daily tends to be haphazard such as late night service on days like Wednesday and Saturday and these routes mostly fail in the end.

In case of G4, even it can be ugly when G4 cancels the flight, it strands its pax with the next one not being more than a couple days later.

phluser

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 am

yanksn4 wrote:
The connection from the airport to Ronkonkoma LIRR needs to be improved immensely IMO. ISP would have a much better appeal as a NYC airport if it could improve that link. Proposals for a people mover train from the terminal to the station would be a bit too much though.

It would be nice to get MDW back on WN, and a AA/UA flight to ORD but I think the future for ISP is with F9 and Allegiant. Would Punta Gorda work again or another Florida city?

A B6 flight to FLL would be nice as well.

With F9's interest in ISP, it likely figures Uber/Lyft are the connection from the airport to LIRR. Coincidentally Uber/Lyft became available throughout all of NY state this summer. Kayak and other third party OTAs will get the masses visibility of ISP's lower than JFK to Florida fares. I think F9 will do well on Florida, but MSP and MSY seem more niche and seasonally dependent.

jetpixx

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 am

Every time a discussion about ISP pops up, I immediately think of my flights on Northeastern Int'l and Eastern through there. One leg was the 727 of Northeastern painted in pink with the clouds, connecting in ISP to a 727 of Northeastern painted in blue with the clouds. Yes...CONNECTIONS in ISP. Then, on the way back, we flew the 727 back from BOS before hopping on a DC-8 which had its air conditioning broken. A long, miserable flight to FLL from ISP.

Another time we boarded air stairs to an EA 727, going N/S to FLL. I saw a UA 727 ready to go to ORD, a US DC-9 (not sure where it was going)...Precision, Empire, Pilgrim all served the airport, as well as Mohawk. It was a great little airport in the 1980s. Haven't used it since...sad to see it hasn't flourished. EA even had a 757 from PVD-ISP-ATL back in the day.

evank516

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 pm

cheapgreek wrote:

I agree with DL. Maybe F9 will push DL to return. I remember DL pulled out of SWF completely, and then as soon as FL announced ATL-SWF, guess who came back? Nowadays with DL's extensive narrobody fleet, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do what they do in other small cities in the Northeast (IF they ever decided to land at ISP again) by adding one daily RON flight to ATL on an aircraft to the likes of the 717/MD-88/A319 variety. Some CRJs to DTW could work as well since I know that DL would not want to waste the money on reopening a station for one daily flight, at least not a domestic station. If that happened I would consider using ISP over JFK despite the fact that JFK is 20 mins from driveway to terminal from my house. Maybe not for EVERY trip, but I visit EYW twice a year and I'd make the drive to ISP if I'm connecting in ATL anyway. However if it were a CR9 from ISP or a 737/A319/A320 from JFK, I'd use JFK over ISP.

As for DL not wanting to pull away from JFK and LGA, they would still be expanding their presence in the NYC area as ISP is still considered an NYC Area airport. B6 made a whole name for themselves by focusing on ALL of New York, not just JFK and LGA. While I don't think B6 will attempt ISP, it wouldn't surprise me considering they fly to the Big 3 and 2 out of 3 of the alternative airports (SWF, HPN) even though SWF is a real stretch for an NYC Area Airport.

F27500

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

dragon-wings wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
Currently At ISP:
American Eagle (KPHL)

When did Elite Airways stop flying to Islip?

Who would even notice? .. One CRJ-2 a couple of days a week ?

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 am

evank516 wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:

I agree with DL. Maybe F9 will push DL to return. I remember DL pulled out of SWF completely, and then as soon as FL announced ATL-SWF, guess who came back? Nowadays with DL's extensive narrobody fleet, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do what they do in other small cities in the Northeast (IF they ever decided to land at ISP again) by adding one daily RON flight to ATL on an aircraft to the likes of the 717/MD-88/A319 variety. Some CRJs to DTW could work as well since I know that DL would not want to waste the money on reopening a station for one daily flight, at least not a domestic station. If that happened I would consider using ISP over JFK despite the fact that JFK is 20 mins from driveway to terminal from my house. Maybe not for EVERY trip, but I visit EYW twice a year and I'd make the drive to ISP if I'm connecting in ATL anyway. However if it were a CR9 from ISP or a 737/A319/A320 from JFK, I'd use JFK over ISP.

As for DL not wanting to pull away from JFK and LGA, they would still be expanding their presence in the NYC area as ISP is still considered an NYC Area airport. B6 made a whole name for themselves by focusing on ALL of New York, not just JFK and LGA. While I don't think B6 will attempt ISP, it wouldn't surprise me considering they fly to the Big 3 and 2 out of 3 of the alternative airports (SWF, HPN) even though SWF is a real stretch for an NYC Area Airport.

Delta would be amazing!!! Especially a(n) A320!
Now, I can see Jetblue attempting KISP JUST for Caribbean Routes or if they want to go to Europe (Iceland, Scotland, Etc)

sspontak

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:44 am

jetpixx wrote:
Every time a discussion about ISP pops up, I immediately think of my flights on Northeastern Int'l and Eastern through there. One leg was the 727 of Northeastern painted in pink with the clouds, connecting in ISP to a 727 of Northeastern painted in blue with the clouds. Yes...CONNECTIONS in ISP. Then, on the way back, we flew the 727 back from BOS before hopping on a DC-8 which had its air conditioning broken. A long, miserable flight to FLL from ISP.

Another time we boarded air stairs to an EA 727, going N/S to FLL. I saw a UA 727 ready to go to ORD, a US DC-9 (not sure where it was going)...Precision, Empire, Pilgrim all served the airport, as well as Mohawk. It was a great little airport in the 1980s. Haven't used it since...sad to see it hasn't flourished. EA even had a 757 from PVD-ISP-ATL back in the day.

Besides the major airlines, I remember a few more airlines serve ISP over the years:
Spirit; Carnival; Braniff; Presidential and New York Air

sspontak

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 am

cheapgreek wrote:

Resuming DL ISP-ATL would be great for my Atlanta travel and for connections. I would even support CR2 flights just to avoid using the NYC airports.

TWA772LR

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:42 am

DTW on a DL 747
LHR on a BA 787
DXB on an EK A380

Thread over.

evank516

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:43 pm

sspontak wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:

Resuming DL ISP-ATL would be great for my Atlanta travel and for connections. I would even support CR2 flights just to avoid using the NYC airports.

Lucky for everyone we would never see a CRJ-200 on ISP-ATL as it goes against DL's policy of making sure first class is offered on every flight over 750 miles. ISP-ATL is 796 miles :D

Balloonchaser
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
DTW on a DL 747
LHR on a BA 787
DXB on an EK A380

Thread over.

Yep! This thread is complete! :P

WNflyer1523

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm

This is just my guess as of what F9's service at ISP will be at the end of 2018.

MCO - 2x daily
MIA - 1x daily
PBI - 1x daily
TPA - 1x daily or nonexistent
RSW - 1x daily or going to winter/spring seasonal
ATL - 5x weekly
CLT - 1x daily
DTW - 3x weekly or nonexistent
MSY - 3x weekly or going to summer seasonal
MSP - 4x weekly
ORD - 1x daily

I think they'll start off, see what routes are performing well and what routes aren't performing well, and make adjustments based on that. It's sort of like what they do at TTN, they are constantly adjusting routes/frequencies there.

I'd love to see this airport work for Frontier too, but so many people here have gotten used to Southwest which doesn't nickel and dime you for everything. When they see that Frontier does the opposite, they may not want to fly it and either ust drive right by to JFK or LGA, or continue using Southwest.
Last edited by WNflyer1523 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evank516

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
This is just my guess as of what F9's service at ISP will be at the end of 2018.

MCO - 2x daily
MIA - 1x daily
PBI - 1x daily
ATL - 5x weekly
CLT - 1x daily
MSP - 4x weekly
ORD - 1x daily

I'd love to see this airport work for Frontier too, but so many people here have gotten used to Southwest which doesn't nickel and dime you for everything. When they see that Frontier does the opposite, they may not want to fly it and either ust drive right by to JFK or LGA, or continue using Southwest.

All of the Florida stations ex RSW will probably stick year round at least 1x daily. I wouldn't surprised to see MSY as winter seasonal though, especially around the time of Mardi Gras. Us Long Islanders are party people ya know.

WNflyer1523

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm

evank516 wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:

MCO - 2x daily
MIA - 1x daily
PBI - 1x daily
ATL - 5x weekly
CLT - 1x daily
MSP - 4x weekly
ORD - 1x daily

All of the Florida stations ex RSW will probably stick year round at least 1x daily. I wouldn't surprised to see MSY as winter seasonal though, especially around the time of Mardi Gras. Us Long Islanders are party people ya know.

True lol. think they'll start off, see what routes are performing well and what routes aren't performing well, and make adjustments based on that. It's sort of like what they do at TTN, they are constantly adjusting routes/frequencies there. Word on the street though is that MCO service is doing excellent and they will be upgrading to 2x daily A321's.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos