Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

anshabhi
Topic Author

Vistara and JAL sign codeshare agreement; Vistara to soon announce a large aircraft order

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:03 am

This mutual understanding between Japan Airlines and Vistara will help the two airlines pursue significant cooperation in the near future, such as codeshare, frequent flyer partnership as well as other operational arrangements, allowing them to leverage each other's network, expertise and assets, subject to necessary approvals from authorities," the airlines said in a release today.
http://m.economictimes.com/industry/tra ... 404834.cms

https://twitter.com/shukla_tarun/status ... 8458414080
Vistara advances plane deliveries, to be mandated 20-plane fleet, needed for international ops, by March instead of June: CEO
Will be announcing a larger order, aggressive plans very soon : Yeoh

Interesting developments!
Do you think there will also be a widebody order here...?

RWA380

Re: Vistara and JAL sign codeshare agreement; Vistara to soon announce a large aircraft order

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 am

Unless Vistara is trying to build too quickly, ie ... by trying to fly to Tokyo or London, their current A-320 based fleet can do the regional flying that is most likely for them to take on. JL was smart to get in with this carrier & expect NRT-DEL to up-gauged. Good luck!

anshabhi
Topic Author

Re: Vistara and JAL sign codeshare agreement; Vistara to soon announce a large aircraft order

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am

Here's another article, which confirms that Vistara will order wide body aircraft. They have aggressive long and medium haul plans.

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/indi ... 406265.cms

"Very Soon" we are going to know the exact aircraft and their numbers.

KarelXWB

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:15 am

They have been saying that for almost 6 months now.

xiaotung

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 am

I am curious about UK's choice of partner airlines. All of their recent interline agreement were signed with oneworld airlines (BA, QR and now JL). It looks like SQ has nearly no influence on their overall strategy.

B777LRF

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:51 am

xiaotung wrote:
I am curious about UK's choice of partner airlines. All of their recent interline agreement were signed with oneworld airlines (BA, QR and now JL). It looks like SQ has nearly no influence on their overall strategy.

Is no secret that the least 'devoted' Star Alliance member is, indeed, Singapore Airlines. That their offspring seek alliances elsewhere is therefore of no surprise.

anshabhi
Topic Author

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:58 am

KarelXWB wrote:

They have been saying that for almost 6 months now.

Well let's wait for a little more time... This time they were more serious than ever.

oceanvikram

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I am guessing SQ are unfortunately stuck in contractual commitments with AI, such as codesharing agreements and maybe others.

In addition I think (correct me if I am wrong) according to Indian regulations only one Indian airline per alliance, hence Vistara may not be able to join Star alliance.

Hence Vistara, have carte blanche as to who they partner with.

dtw2hyd

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm

oceanvikram wrote:
I am guessing SQ are unfortunately stuck in contractual commitments with AI, such as codesharing agreements and maybe others.

In addition I think (correct me if I am wrong) according to Indian regulations only one Indian airline per alliance, hence Vistara may not be able to join Star alliance.

Hence Vistara, have carte blanche as to who they partner with.

There is no such stipulation in the alliance contract. In fact, UA and LH, both founding members of *A have no significant code share with AI and actively participate in extra-alliance affairs.

It is difficult to infuse equity into in Indian carrier from outside after initial investment.

Vistara doesn't have $200MM to join *A. It doesn't have money to buy WBs either.

Why investor after investor fail to foresee this issue and jumps in with $300MM into a partnership, beats me.

vadodara

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Good move, especially with the India-Japan expected Open Free Skies agreement.

JAL, after being bottled down by their bankruptcy proceedings, needs to have a strategy to regain some market share. This offers a good possibility for using DEL as a transfer point for some secondary cities traffic. Perhaps, JAL have additional cities -DEL in mind?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos