qf789
Crew
Posts: 3038
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:40 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
And as for nonstop...would PER really be impossible with today's equipment? Look at this:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=Ist-eze%0D ... ts&RS=best

(Comparison with EZE is made simply to show that it wouldn't even be TK's longest route, albeit EZE is operated with a stop in GRU, of course. )


Qantas did a charter flight on PER-SAW a couple of years ago and the flight time was just over 14 hours from what I can remember, so TK could do it with aircraft already in their fleet if they wanted to

aldrigsomandre wrote:
PER would not be a suitable market for TK as there aren't many Turks in PER and the mining boom has ended so many airlines are downsizing or ending their PER services.


I suggest you get your facts right. NO airline has ended services to PER. Most of the reduction in capacity has been domestic. Of the 3 airlines that have reduced aircraft size of which are GA (increased competition on PER-DPS), MH (increased competition and the lack of widebodies) and EK (jumping the gun on a 2nd A388 service along with both QR & EY increasing seat capacity)

Pe@rson wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
PER would not be a suitable market for TK as there aren't many Turks in PER and the mining boom has ended so many airlines are downsizing or ending their PER services.


Not many Qataris or Emiratis either, yet there's a daily flight to Doha, up to 2x daily to Abu Dhabi, and 2x daily to Dubai.

Of course, it's majorly about connections.

Turkish also has a stronger European network, albeit less coordinated hub than DXB/AUH/DOH.


A TK flight to PER would be focused on connections mainly to Europe, not the PER-IST market. BTW AUH is daily
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:28 pm

TK105 wrote:
My logic says that TK is negotiating for 789 and 77x but Boeing is pushing for 748. I think Kokpit.aero is used as a tool by Boeing for PR.


Why would Boeing be so enthusiastic to supply TK with only 8 frames of the 748? For 15-20 frames, maybe; it would be more logical for Boeing to re-open the production line!...

BTW, does anyone have the idea if the upper deck of a 748 can be equipped with 3+3 Economy Seat rows? Or will it be limited to an absurd 2+3 Y Seats rows?
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
ist2014
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Lets speculate on B748 routes. My bet is
Beijing
Shanghai
Bombay
Delhi
(In between LHR)
Maybe LAX

But i do not see this deal logical. Comptituve advantage of TK is frequency and secondary european airports
 
User avatar
BOEING777EK
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 pm

But if TK ordered the B748i's can Turkish Technic maintain a large aircraft like this? i know that they can maintain the A343s which is 4 hollers but can the maintenance crew really be capable of maintaining a huge sized aircraft like this? IMO if TK order the A350/787/777X even A330NEO then the maintenance would be more simpler and there will be less training required to maintain these kind of aircraft as crew will be familiarised quicker with these sized aircraft rather then the B748i/A380.


BOEING777EK
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm

qf789 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
And as for nonstop...would PER really be impossible with today's equipment? Look at this:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=Ist-eze%0D ... ts&RS=best

(Comparison with EZE is made simply to show that it wouldn't even be TK's longest route, albeit EZE is operated with a stop in GRU, of course. )


Qantas did a charter flight on PER-SAW a couple of years ago and the flight time was just over 14 hours from what I can remember, so TK could do it with aircraft already in their fleet if they wanted to

aldrigsomandre wrote:
PER would not be a suitable market for TK as there aren't many Turks in PER and the mining boom has ended so many airlines are downsizing or ending their PER services.


I suggest you get your facts right. NO airline has ended services to PER. Most of the reduction in capacity has been domestic. Of the 3 airlines that have reduced aircraft size of which are GA (increased competition on PER-DPS), MH (increased competition and the lack of widebodies) and EK (jumping the gun on a 2nd A388 service along with both QR & EY increasing seat capacity)

Pe@rson wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
PER would not be a suitable market for TK as there aren't many Turks in PER and the mining boom has ended so many airlines are downsizing or ending their PER services.


Not many Qataris or Emiratis either, yet there's a daily flight to Doha, up to 2x daily to Abu Dhabi, and 2x daily to Dubai.

Of course, it's majorly about connections.

Turkish also has a stronger European network, albeit less coordinated hub than DXB/AUH/DOH.


A TK flight to PER would be focused on connections mainly to Europe, not the PER-IST market. BTW AUH is daily

Do you remember what aircraft QF used on that charter flight? Was it a 744ER? That's something TK doesn't have, of course...
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

mafaky wrote:
TK105 wrote:
My logic says that TK is negotiating for 789 and 77x but Boeing is pushing for 748. I think Kokpit.aero is used as a tool by Boeing for PR.


Why would Boeing be so enthusiastic to supply TK with only 8 frames of the 748? For 15-20 frames, maybe; it would be more logical for Boeing to re-open the production line!...

BTW, does anyone have the idea if the upper deck of a 748 can be equipped with 3+3 Economy Seat rows? Or will it be limited to an absurd 2+3 Y Seats rows?

Not sure about the 748, but the 741, 742, 743 and 744 (don't know about the 747SP) have all flown with 3+3 on upper deck for various airlines. Would the 748 frame be narrower??
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:18 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
And as for nonstop...would PER really be impossible with today's equipment? Look at this:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=Ist-eze%0D ... ts&RS=best

(Comparison with EZE is made simply to show that it wouldn't even be TK's longest route, albeit EZE is operated with a stop in GRU, of course. )


Qantas did a charter flight on PER-SAW a couple of years ago and the flight time was just over 14 hours from what I can remember, so TK could do it with aircraft already in their fleet if they wanted to

aldrigsomandre wrote:
PER would not be a suitable market for TK as there aren't many Turks in PER and the mining boom has ended so many airlines are downsizing or ending their PER services.


I suggest you get your facts right. NO airline has ended services to PER. Most of the reduction in capacity has been domestic. Of the 3 airlines that have reduced aircraft size of which are GA (increased competition on PER-DPS), MH (increased competition and the lack of widebodies) and EK (jumping the gun on a 2nd A388 service along with both QR & EY increasing seat capacity)

Pe@rson wrote:

Not many Qataris or Emiratis either, yet there's a daily flight to Doha, up to 2x daily to Abu Dhabi, and 2x daily to Dubai.

Of course, it's majorly about connections.

Turkish also has a stronger European network, albeit less coordinated hub than DXB/AUH/DOH.


A TK flight to PER would be focused on connections mainly to Europe, not the PER-IST market. BTW AUH is daily

Do you remember what aircraft QF used on that charter flight? Was it a 744ER? That's something TK doesn't have, of course...


Yes, B744ER.
Charter for Anzac Dardanelles Memorial day.

Edit: http://m.airporthaber.com/havacilik-hab ... cende.html
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:54 pm

My guess is that the 748's upper deck cannot be narrower than its predecessors.

In such case, 748 may carry around 470 pax in a 2-class cabin; something like 48-50 pax for J. (The nose section, usually dedicated for F, will be used for J and the cabin between 1L & 2L doors also for J: in 2+2 layout for the nose section and 2+2+2 layout for the 1L thru 2L section...) This means a min. 100-120 pax additional Y capacity for a TK style 748 over the current 777s in TK's fleet (except for the 3 ex-Kenyan frames which can accomodate 372...),while retaining the same J Class cabin capacity in a more comfortable layout.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:36 pm

DHMI released August traffic numbers. Healthy growth rates so far :weightlifter:

Top10 August 2017:
Airport, Pax, growth (Dom, Intl)

IST 6.908.515 15.5% (7.1%, 19.1%)
AYT 4.220.004 55.7% (7.7%, 72.7%)
SAW 3.074.587 3.8% (0.2%, 11.1%)
ESB 1.556.588 28.7% (24.9%, 52.8%)
ADB 1.313.691 7.9% (1.6%, 25.2%)
DLM 683.788 15.4% (9.6%, 18.6%)
BJV 663.647 7.4% (5.3%, 11.9%)
ADA 503.938 -2.5% (-1.7%, -7.0%)
TZX 498.043 20.2% (17.1%, 62.6%)
GZT 258.425 16.4% (17.1%, 12.1%)

YTD:
IST 41.647.324 3% (-0.4%, 4%)
SAW 20.527.878 4% (2%, 7%)
AYT 17.680.833 42% (4%, 65%)
ESB 9.870.289 16% (14%, 33%)
ADB 8.367.696 4% (2%, 10%)
ADA 3.675.527 -1% (-0.2%, -8%)
TZX 2.738.103 11% ( 9%, 69%)
DLM 2.620.101 20% (13%, 25%)
BJV 2.521.850 9% ( 12%, 1%)
GZT 1.971.581 28% (27%, 38%)
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:58 pm

YYZ should also get 748 if TK gets that a/c because due to restricted numbaer of flights TK cannot do more flights to YYZ or YUL at present....

ist2014 wrote:
Lets speculate on B748 routes. My bet is
Beijing
Shanghai
Bombay
Delhi
(In between LHR)
Maybe LAX

But i do not see this deal logical. Comptituve advantage of TK is frequency and secondary european airports
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm

These numbers show how ESB has been overlooked by TK...

Ankara is no tourist destination nor a seasonally active airport like AYT or BJV...It is a year round operation with both LCC and premium airline feed/potential. Even without being a transit hub for int to int look at the pax growth, it is remarkable in spite of so much negative going on in and around Turkey politics, disputes etc.

I think TK should consider launching ESB JFK or ESB IAD thrice weekly to start with and also launch some routes to ESB to/from those regional destinations to give a good feed to these flights (i.e. Ankara Tel Aviv) and I am sure it will be very successful... With centre of the universe being IST for TK I doubt they will do it to tell you the truth but the business opportunity is there..

I just flew by LH ESB-MUC-YUL-YVR a week ago and all together 32 pax on that flight flew from ESB to YUL, 7 in Business Class, this is to YUL only, wow...ESB deserves a North American connection, it has been too long we saw Pan Am gone....

Tkfan wrote:
DHMI released August traffic numbers. Healthy growth rates so far :weightlifter:

Top10 August 2017:
Airport, Pax, growth (Dom, Intl)

IST 6.908.515 15.5% (7.1%, 19.1%)
AYT 4.220.004 55.7% (7.7%, 72.7%)
SAW 3.074.587 3.8% (0.2%, 11.1%)
ESB 1.556.588 28.7% (24.9%, 52.8%)
ADB 1.313.691 7.9% (1.6%, 25.2%)
DLM 683.788 15.4% (9.6%, 18.6%)
BJV 663.647 7.4% (5.3%, 11.9%)
ADA 503.938 -2.5% (-1.7%, -7.0%)
TZX 498.043 20.2% (17.1%, 62.6%)
GZT 258.425 16.4% (17.1%, 12.1%)

YTD:
IST 41.647.324 3% (-0.4%, 4%)
SAW 20.527.878 4% (2%, 7%)
AYT 17.680.833 42% (4%, 65%)
ESB 9.870.289 16% (14%, 33%)
ADB 8.367.696 4% (2%, 10%)
ADA 3.675.527 -1% (-0.2%, -8%)
TZX 2.738.103 11% ( 9%, 69%)
DLM 2.620.101 20% (13%, 25%)
BJV 2.521.850 9% ( 12%, 1%)
GZT 1.971.581 28% (27%, 38%)
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Several egomaniacal states rejected t getting 748i I doubt Turkey will either.
 
User avatar
7BOEING7
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Here's an English version from a different source.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/201 ... jumbo-jets
 
User avatar
BOEING777EK
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

I think the upcoming 777-9X's would be a better choice for TK since it can almost hold the same seats as the 747-8i and it also costs less to operate on routes due to its efficient engines 2 instead of being 4 also the GE9X will be more efficient on fuel rather then the GENX-2B67 which are used on the 748's and thats a note to TK if they are trying to spend the least money on fuel at certain long routes. And when it comes to maintenance there will be less to no parts available for the 748i because of few airlines operating them and i also doubt that TK Technic can maintain a large sized aircraft like this. So the 777-9X or the A350 would be a better choice and if TK decide to order the 777x it would be a good match to its current 300ERs which they have in use it would be more quicker for the TK pilots on the current 300ER be used to the 777x due to the similar cockpit design.


BOEING777EK
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Here is a new photo of Istanbul from Space Station by Astronaut Bresnik. 3rd Airport and 3rd Bridge Projects of Istanbul is clearly visible.

Image
The future is in the skies.
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm

TK105 wrote:
Here is a new photo of Istanbul from Space Station by Astronaut Bresnik. 3rd Airport and 3rd Bridge Projects of Istanbul is clearly visible.

Image


WOW. Thats huge!!!
That must be a more recent picture as TK787s post.

I take it, this is only 1st Phase area??
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:
These numbers show how ESB has been overlooked by TK...

Ankara is no tourist destination nor a seasonally active airport like AYT or BJV...It is a year round operation with both LCC and premium airline feed/potential. Even without being a transit hub for int to int look at the pax growth, it is remarkable in spite of so much negative going on in and around Turkey politics, disputes etc.

I think TK should consider launching ESB JFK or ESB IAD thrice weekly to start with and also launch some routes to ESB to/from those regional destinations to give a good feed to these flights (i.e. Ankara Tel Aviv) and I am sure it will be very successful... With centre of the universe being IST for TK I doubt they will do it to tell you the truth but the business opportunity is there..

I just flew by LH ESB-MUC-YUL-YVR a week ago and all together 32 pax on that flight flew from ESB to YUL, 7 in Business Class, this is to YUL only, wow...ESB deserves a North American connection, it has been too long we saw Pan Am gone....

Tkfan wrote:
DHMI released August traffic numbers. Healthy growth rates so far :weightlifter:

Top10 August 2017:
Airport, Pax, growth (Dom, Intl)

IST 6.908.515 15.5% (7.1%, 19.1%)
AYT 4.220.004 55.7% (7.7%, 72.7%)
SAW 3.074.587 3.8% (0.2%, 11.1%)
ESB 1.556.588 28.7% (24.9%, 52.8%)
ADB 1.313.691 7.9% (1.6%, 25.2%)
DLM 683.788 15.4% (9.6%, 18.6%)
BJV 663.647 7.4% (5.3%, 11.9%)
ADA 503.938 -2.5% (-1.7%, -7.0%)
TZX 498.043 20.2% (17.1%, 62.6%)
GZT 258.425 16.4% (17.1%, 12.1%)

YTD:
IST 41.647.324 3% (-0.4%, 4%)
SAW 20.527.878 4% (2%, 7%)
AYT 17.680.833 42% (4%, 65%)
ESB 9.870.289 16% (14%, 33%)
ADB 8.367.696 4% (2%, 10%)
ADA 3.675.527 -1% (-0.2%, -8%)
TZX 2.738.103 11% ( 9%, 69%)
DLM 2.620.101 20% (13%, 25%)
BJV 2.521.850 9% ( 12%, 1%)
GZT 1.971.581 28% (27%, 38%)


Growth in ESB is really remarkable. Even in the slow first half it grew above average.
But than again it was mostly driven by Pegasus and Anadolujet, low cost..... afaik no new entrants so far.

On a positive side, when TK ignores ESB, it leaves room for other carriers to enter if demand grows further.
Its a pity that AtlasGlobal did not enter instead of Pegasus.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:24 pm

It seems to me TK has hardly "overlooked" ESB.

ESB has been the heart of TK Anatolia network going back decades (I remember flying Bae RJ from ESB), and today is the largest station for TK subsidiary AnadoluJet with service to 36 destinations (per online timetable).
It just seems that airlines have rightfully identified the type of product(LCC) that works best at ESB and utilize such.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 pm

TK78, MIA-IST left Miami an hour ago, ahead of IRMA. TK will not fly to Miami the next two days. Hoping for the best for all those staying behind at Southern Florida.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 pm

It is just crazy. As of now, there are 5 x TK A330-200s in the air, flying AYT-VKO:
TC-JND, TC-JIT, TC-JIP, TC-JIO, TC-JIZ.
All will be landing within the next 1:20 hrs.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 am

These "rumored" 748 negotiations for TK, have been officially denied by General Manager Bilal Ekşi at a very recent interview, yesterday. Sorry that I cannot provide the link... I guess it was a "wishful thinking" on behalf of that so-called aviation geek Uğur Cebeci...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
MeCe
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:26 am

TK105 wrote:
My logic says that TK is negotiating for 789 and 77x but Boeing is pushing for 748. I think Kokpit.aero is used as a tool by Boeing for PR.



Makes sense...

I saw previously a 787 presentation slide for TK, Boeing worked on all routes compared costs etc... If TK asked for 787 ( i am sure they did) they may put a 787/747 combined offer.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 am

But, why on earth, would Boeing wish to sell 748s to TK? The model's production has been practically stopped. An additional 3-4 748 frames (or even up to 8) doesn't really justify to re-activate that production line unless Boeing holds some serious stocks for very expensive components but that's pretty much unlikely. Boeing and TK, simply negotiate for 787s and that would be all. :?: :?: :?:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
armchairceonr1
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am

MeCe wrote:
TK105 wrote:
My logic says that TK is negotiating for 789 and 77x but Boeing is pushing for 748. I think Kokpit.aero is used as a tool by Boeing for PR.



Makes sense...

I saw previously a 787 presentation slide for TK, Boeing worked on all routes compared costs etc... If TK asked for 787 ( i am sure they did) they may put a 787/747 combined offer.

Why would Boeing do that? I think they want to take good care of their customers and not try to sell apples for customer who came buy oranges.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Here is another monthly IGA news:
http://www.kokpit.aero/yuzde-61-i-tamamlandi
61% of the construction is completed at the new Istanbul airport.
Since I am an a.nutter and since we keep track of these things, I will let you guys figure out the math:

On May 17th, they said 52% of the construction is completed,
On July 9th, they said 55% of the construction is completed, (3% completion in 53 days)
On Sept 9th, they say 61.75% of the construction is completed. (6.75% completion in 60 days)

See you with more numbers in two months :)
Still saying Oct29th, 2018 as the opening day.
 
AviationRhys
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:54 pm

I do still believe that British Airways should seek the opportunity and operate into ESB, I think it would work well for them.
 
User avatar
BOEING777EK
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 pm

AviationRhys wrote:
I do still believe that British Airways should seek the opportunity and operate into ESB, I think it would work well for them.
I think ADB and AYT would be a great choice too AYT because of tourism
 
globetrotter94
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Some news related to Turkish aviation industry in India:

Çelebi expresses interest in buying Air India's ground handling unit, which is currently up for privatization along with the rest of the airline:

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/wr2MG ... -unit.html
All roads may lead to Rome but every city has flights to Istanbul.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:08 pm

globetrotter94 wrote:
Some news related to Turkish aviation industry in India:

Çelebi expresses interest in buying Air India's ground handling unit, which is currently up for privatization along with the rest of the airline:

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/wr2MG ... -unit.html

Makes sense as India is seen as their currently most successful venture outside Turkey
 
stylo777
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 pm

TK787 wrote:
Here is another monthly IGA news:
http://www.kokpit.aero/yuzde-61-i-tamamlandi
61% of the construction is completed at the new Istanbul airport.
Since I am an a.nutter and since we keep track of these things, I will let you guys figure out the math:

On May 17th, they said 52% of the construction is completed,
On July 9th, they said 55% of the construction is completed, (3% completion in 53 days)
On Sept 9th, they say 61.75% of the construction is completed. (6.75% completion in 60 days)

See you with more numbers in two months :)
Still saying Oct29th, 2018 as the opening day.

If my maths isn't wrong and taking a base 5% completion rate every month, it will bring them to the finish line in 10 months from now on.
This on the other hand gives them only 2-3 months for testing and final polishing considering no major construction mistakes have been made and everything is standing on the ground as it should be.
Another question is the construction pace of remaining "stakeholder" such as fire brigade, fuel farm, ground handlers, MRO facilities, cargo warehouses, etc etc etc....
 
globetrotter94
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 pm

stylo777 wrote:
globetrotter94 wrote:
Some news related to Turkish aviation industry in India:

Çelebi expresses interest in buying Air India's ground handling unit, which is currently up for privatization along with the rest of the airline:

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/wr2MG ... -unit.html

Makes sense as India is seen as their currently most successful venture outside Turkey


True, and I have had very positive interaction with Çelebi staff in New Delhi when they were required to sort out hotel booking and flight rebooking during the heavy snowfall in Istanbul earlier this year! Certainly hope they are able to win the bid and improve Air India ground services! It is also probably a pipe-dream for me, but I wonder if there is any chance of TK being interested in bidding for Air India itself? There is talk of the Indian government writing off the debt as part of privatization, but also simultaneous talk of not allowing foreign airlines to have a majority share... so situation is very unclear right now...
All roads may lead to Rome but every city has flights to Istanbul.
 
wing
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 9:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Turkish Airlines will purchase B787.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"
 
ist2014
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Captain wing i wish for TK 787 but not so sure
Do u have some info based on insiders? How many, which variant , delivery slot etc
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 pm

wing wrote:
Turkish Airlines will purchase B787.


My username will become a reality?? I only could hope so, especially with the current decline of US/Turkish relationships.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Ummppf!... I guess TK may be able to get their hands on to both A350 and/or B787 variants if the friendly State of Qatar's Rulers order AAB (QR CEO) to allocate a few of his production slots on behalf of TK!.. :P :P :D :bouncy:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
THY748i
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:14 pm

https://mobile2.tagesanzeiger.ch/articl ... 1c81000001

Embarassing piece of journalism. Talks about a TK A330 landing in ZRH in the middle of the night because of a medical emergency on its way from JFK to AYT :P.

I mean it's so easy to verify the routing. If they're too lazy for this what else are they too lazy for? But well, news gotta keep getting published 24/7 as fast as possible.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 21695
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:46 pm

At last weeks industry Aviation Festival event in London, Guliz Ozturk, CCO of Pegasus said they were in discussions with Airbus to accelerate A320NEO deliveries with desire to have 3-6 additional frames in fleet earlier than original planned due strong market demand.
Pegasus reported first half 2017 traffic up 12.5% with load factor growing faster than capacity.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm

LAXintl wrote:
At last weeks industry Aviation Festival event in London, Guliz Ozturk, CCO of Pegasus said they were in discussions with Airbus to accelerate A320NEO deliveries with desire to have 3-6 additional frames in fleet earlier than original planned due strong market demand.
Pegasus reported first half 2017 traffic up 12.5% with load factor growing faster than capacity.

According to my notes, Pegasus have only 7 NEO deliveries planned for 2018. See what happens.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 pm

If PC cant receive NEOs more rapidly, maybe they can keep the 737-800 departures a little longer?
Good news for PC. Always better to have too much demand, than not enough.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 pm

It's in the news that QR will open their 4th destination/airport in Turkey with flights to ADA. Great news for Adana indeed!
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Besiktas will travel to Porto today for their Champions League game at FC Porto, but using an A330 instead of their "own" B737-800:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html
 
stylo777
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:26 am

TK787 wrote:
It is just crazy. As of now, there are 5 x TK A330-200s in the air, flying AYT-VKO:
TC-JND, TC-JIT, TC-JIP, TC-JIO, TC-JIZ.
All will be landing within the next 1:20 hrs.

Thats a very big lift between both cities and it goes like this every day for months now.
I would love to see their pax figures just on this route as I believe it's quite significant!
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:29 pm

More news from Pegasus.

They will open a base at new IST airport in 2020 with a "considerable fleet"

https://skift.com/2017/09/12/turkeys-pe ... l-airport/
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Has the weather been acting up again in IST? I've noted that 3 A321s have been diverted to Tekirdag and another one diverted to YEI with more that I haven't caught and lots of circling by aircraft. Congestion doesn't seem awfully bad to warrant such holding.
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:19 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
Has the weather been acting up again in IST? I've noted that 3 A321s have been diverted to Tekirdag and another one diverted to YEI with more that I haven't caught and lots of circling by aircraft. Congestion doesn't seem awfully bad to warrant such holding.

Calibration work done by DHMI,
very intelligent timing :lol:
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
Has the weather been acting up again in IST? I've noted that 3 A321s have been diverted to Tekirdag and another one diverted to YEI with more that I haven't caught and lots of circling by aircraft. Congestion doesn't seem awfully bad to warrant such holding.

Just checked IST, delays. Planes to IST circling around.
Weather, 12Kt winds from 240 degs, CAVOK.
My question is why they let planes take off at origin, like ESB, AYT, ADB (only an hour away) knowing they will be circling 30 minutes into their flight in good weather?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

First B77F of Turkish Cargo has Line Number 1532. Parts arriving at Seattle.

Can we expect delivery in Nov 2017?
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

61% of the construction is completed at the new Istanbul airport.
Since I am an a.nutter and since we keep track of these things, I will let you guys figure out the math:

Can someone really and scientifically tell me the basis of that 61% or the like percentage figures???

I am almost a day-to-day follower of the New Airport. I definitely agree that they are seriously doing their jobs; each person involved have their instructions programs, targets to be met (daily basis). The construction will be finalised as per those schedules, assuming nothing prohibitive happens in these courses. And don't forget that even if you complete the terminal, two runways (with certifications) and the ATC Tower you still cannot say "the new airport is operational"; there are so many factors involved and so may things and persons to receive orientation!...

So the New Airport will be "opened" (the ribbon cutting ceremony and the political show-off!) 99.9% on 29th October 2018, but the facility will not be declared operational, until mid 2019. My guess is that first foreign airlines (maybe with the exception of Star Alliance ones) will be first kicked from AHL. There are rumours that TK is actually preparing themselves for 2020 (or late 2019). And even at that "ribbon cutting day", it's highly probable that one thirds of the terminal will still be under construction.Furthermore, expect some internal decoration hassles even in the "opened" sections.

Two Forum links you should follow (first totally in Turkish, second mostly in Turkish):

1) http://wowturkey.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 64&start=0
2) http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=226105
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Today its reported that they are at 64.5%. And also started to install the jet-bridges.

With recent pictures
http://m.airporthaber.com/havacilik-hab ... sladi.html




On another news, Turkish Airlines inaugurated its new Taining Center, almost doubling its capacities.
With pictures
http://m.airporthaber.com/thy-haberleri ... 66146.html

http://m.airkule.com/haber/THY-KABIN-VE ... USSU/28178

Some renderings.
http://m.airporthaber.com/thy-haberleri ... lacak.html
 
Tkfan
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2017

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Dhmi revised its July 2017 traffic numbers

Tkfan wrote:

Top10 August 2017:
Airport, Pax, growth (Dom, Intl)

IST 6.908.515 15.5% (7.1%, 19.1%)
....


Revised July and August 2017 traffic numbers for IST

July 6.389.501 +17.7% (15.1%, 18.9%)
Aug. 6.572.712 +9.8% (4.7%, 12.1%)

From August thread, traffic results in July for IST
IST 6.053.703 11.5% (12.5%, 11.0%)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos