Midwestindy
Topic Author

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:28 pm

william wrote:
So Austin did not or loose flights?

AUS-CLE/LCK/PIE are gone
AUS-PIT/SFB are now seasonal
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH

TYSflyer

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:39 pm

AVL is turning into quite an operation for them. SFB will be 9 weekly. PIE will be daily in addition to the already mentioned 16 weekly to FLL starting in March. The defense is on I guess against NK. How many aircraft will be based there?

n471wn

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:51 pm

It has also been reported that they will fly Provo, Utah to TUS twice weekly

deltadudejg

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Also PIE-BNA went from seasonal to year round
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations

BTVB6Flyer

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Both the ALB and the PGD adds seem like a response to F9 entering/expanding the respective markets.

Buddys747

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:27 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Both the ALB and the PGD adds seem like a response to F9 entering/expanding the respective markets.

Sure seems that way.
MDT-SFB goes daily which it never has before, probably due to F9.
That’s great for the consumer to have the options!

DeltaRules

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:13 am

Midwestindy wrote:
william wrote:

AUS-CLE/LCK/PIE are gone

Wow, I think that's G4's first drop at LCK. I wouldn't have thought F9 would've won that battle (if there's a winner to be had).
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

AVLAirlineFreq

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 am

TYSflyer wrote:
AVL is turning into quite an operation for them. SFB will be 9 weekly. PIE will be daily in addition to the already mentioned 16 weekly to FLL starting in March. The defense is on I guess against NK. How many aircraft will be based there?

I presume G4 and NK will soon be selling seats for $1 apiece from AVL to FLL.

I do wonder if G4 will be adding AVL-SRQ soon.

WeatherPilot

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 am

G4 has SYR-PIE going to a daily beginning in February.

TYSflyer

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

I am quite intrigued to see how this plays out. The Asheville area will definitely reap the benefits as will anyone flying to AVL from these airports. In regards to service to SRQ, I think anything would be possible given their significant growth there. It would also give them another route to Florida to keep their customer base in North Carolina happy. Could also throw VPS in the mix. Although I would think SRQ is more likely given the AVL customer base.

freakyrat

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Bye Bye MD80's. The last holdout route from SBN-SFB is now operated with an Airbus A320. Flight 2249 vs Flight 749. This makes SBN an Allegiant All-Airbus City.

zackary747

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:40 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
william wrote:

AUS-CLE/LCK/PIE are gone

Wow, I think that's G4's first drop at LCK. I wouldn't have thought F9 would've won that battle (if there's a winner to be had).

Those cut routes still appear on G4s route map.

https://www.allegiantair.com/interactive-routemap

Allegiant are cutting routes temporarily due to fleet availability. If G4 updates the map with a dotted line on any of those cut routes it'll indicate a temporary cut. G4 tends to update the route map pretty frequently, but time will tell.

Another possibility is that if there are remaining flights still on the schedule it won't be removed until those flights are completed.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

Northwest1988

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 pm

PGD to GSP isn’t showing up at all. Has this route been permanently axed? It’s a real shame if so. It was one of the two cities that started the PGD route along with TYS. Hope it comes back! Any info?

TYSflyer

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
PGD to GSP isn’t showing up at all. Has this route been permanently axed? It’s a real shame if so. It was one of the two cities that started the PGD route along with TYS. Hope it comes back! Any info?

It does appear to be gone. It is gone from the route map not even showing as seasonal. You’re right about it being one of the original routes. I think these were the only routes for G4 for a year or 2 before they started increasing service there. I do suspect F9 to add RSW fairly soon from GSP as a result.

msycajun

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 pm

zackary747 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

AUS-CLE/LCK/PIE are gone

Those cut routes still appear on G4s route map.

https://www.allegiantair.com/interactive-routemap

Allegiant are cutting routes temporarily due to fleet availability. If G4 updates the map with a dotted line on any of those cut routes it'll indicate a temporary cut. G4 tends to update the route map pretty frequently, but time will tell.

Another possibility is that if there are remaining flights still on the schedule it won't be removed until those flights are completed.

The routes remain on the map until there are no more flights left in the schedule.

Looks like LCK also will lose MSY, probably due to WN and NK adding CMH-MSY.

Northwest1988

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:06 am

TYSflyer wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:

It does appear to be gone. It is gone from the route map not even showing as seasonal. You’re right about it being one of the original routes. I think these were the only routes for G4 for a year or 2 before they started increasing service there. I do suspect F9 to add RSW fairly soon from GSP as a result.

If Frontier picks up the GSP-RSW, that would at least be better than nothing! My hope if not is that it’s just a result of fleet reduction due to the MD-80 retirement. Hopefully the route will return once they get the rest of the airbus planes on property!

GSPSPOT

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:53 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

What's the deal with G4 at AVL? They've been down the street (basically) at GSP for years, why not grow in that region there? Larger metro, and lord knows there's plenty of space at the recently-renovated terminal/concourses.
Great Lakes, great life.

jgcotter

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Allegiant A320 N274NV is en route from LCQ to PIE for entry into active service. 43 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N274NV

Northwest1988

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:14 pm

GSPSPOT wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

What's the deal with G4 at AVL? They've been down the street (basically) at GSP for years, why not grow in that region there? Larger metro, and lord knows there's plenty of space at the recently-renovated terminal/concourses.

When I worked for G4 in GSP most people were driving down from Asheville to fly out. I guess they are the market.

DesertAir

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:36 pm

I would like to see a daily roundtrip between SCK/Stockton and LAX. Their Stockton service to LAS, SAN and PHXMesa has been very successful.

TYSflyer

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

When I worked for G4 in GSP most people were driving down from Asheville to fly out. I guess they are the market.

I suspect it is multifactorial but clearly G4 is thriving in AVL. Over the last year or 2 they have been about equivalent to TYS in the number of weekly flights but starting this fall will clearly surpass TYS. Back to Gsp and Avl. One very noticeable thing between the 2 airports is that the legacy carriers have a somewhat skeletal service at AVL and I think G4 has come in and poached passengers that were using other airports. GSP has very nice service from the legacy carriers and also has WN. Further Asheville is rapidly growing as a tourist destination so G4 gets a decent amount of 2 way traffic on their routes. I think this is part of the reason NK is coming to AVL shortly. Again probably multiple reasons G4 is doing well there, these are just my simple observations.

SANFan

Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:28 pm

I looked through this thread and apologize if I missed it, but does anyone out there know what happened with SAN-EUG? It was announced to start in mid-May (seasonally) and as far as I know, it never started and it's definitely gone from the route map now.

I assume this is just another example of G4 announcing a new route and giving up on it before it even starts.

bb

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:39 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:

I suspect it is multifactorial but clearly G4 is thriving in AVL. Over the last year or 2 they have been about equivalent to TYS in the number of weekly flights but starting this fall will clearly surpass TYS. Back to Gsp and Avl. One very noticeable thing between the 2 airports is that the legacy carriers have a somewhat skeletal service at AVL and I think G4 has come in and poached passengers that were using other airports. GSP has very nice service from the legacy carriers and also has WN. Further Asheville is rapidly growing as a tourist destination so G4 gets a decent amount of 2 way traffic on their routes. I think this is part of the reason NK is coming to AVL shortly. Again probably multiple reasons G4 is doing well there, these are just my simple observations.

This is pretty much spot on, and like you said it is pretty simple:

* Asheville's growth as a destination. There is a significant amount of traffic on G4 both to and from Asheville, especially from Florida. There are long historical ties between the mountains of western NC and much of Florida. It's been said for years that the region is one of the leading destinations for Floridians to vacation, particularly in summer and fall. Many Floridians have second homes in the area, and others have family and friends in the region who relocated here permanently.

* Low fares. For years, Asheville and western NC suffered from a lack of competition and experienced a lot of leakage to GSP, CLT, and ATL to a lesser degree. That still occurs, but has been reduced by leisure market focused flights from G4 and now NK. I wouldn't quite say that AVL has had "skeletal" service historically, but certainly most of the legacy carriers have upped their capacity since G4 became a force in the market. UA runs mainline to EWR in competition with G4, AA runs mostly CR7 and CR9 to CLT, and DL at times has two mainline flights a day to ATL. Some of that is just coincidental with market trends, but some is likely attributable directly to G4.

CIDFlyer

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:26 pm

anyone know how BNA is doing? Curious to see if they expand more there. G4 has been rather quiet lately, most likely do to less airframes. Once they get more I think we will see more expansion. I could also see MYR growing some more destinations during summer seasonal.

Northwest1988

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Will there be any significant MD-80 retirements between now and November or are they going to keep most of the fleet until the end at this point?

jgcotter

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Allegiant A320 N259NV ferried from SNN to BGR to SAL today for refurb before entry into active service.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N259NV

zackary747

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:50 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
anyone know how BNA is doing? Curious to see if they expand more there. G4 has been rather quiet lately, most likely do to less airframes. Once they get more I think we will see more expansion. I could also see MYR growing some more destinations during summer seasonal.

Isn't Allegiant suppose to be ordering more Airbuses soon?

zackary747

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
Will there be any significant MD-80 retirements between now and November or are they going to keep most of the fleet until the end at this point?

All the MD-80s will be gone by November 25 making G4 completely Airbus. So, between now and then we'll see around 23-25ish MD-80s head to the desert.

Varsity1

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:05 am

So Allegiant bought an A320 and is so cheap they didn't even try to paint it. There is literally a Vueling A320 flying around the states with an Allegiant sticker on it. Can't make this up. N241NV :lol: :lol:
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

Deltran757

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 am

[*]
Varsity1 wrote:
So Allegiant bought an A320 and is so cheap they didn't even try to paint it. There is literally a Vueling A320 flying around the states with an Allegiant sticker on it. Can't make this up. N241NV :lol: :lol:

Sorry to point out. But it’s been discussed already lol. See below

deltadudejg wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Allegiant A320 N241NV is en route from LCQ to PIE for entry into active service. 37 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N241NV

N241NV is in a hybrid Vueling/Allegiant livery

Again not my preferred method but here is a picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk6NOJiAYxE ... w52hqlxxlc
To see the world... One plane at a time

lightsaber

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:46 am

zackary747 wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:

Isn't Allegiant suppose to be ordering more Airbuses soon?

They keep making noise about not buying any more new and then Airbus/CFM makes a better offer and they do buy more new. The delays in LEAP engines (and Pratt issues) forces both vendors to find customers to keep the line moving.

I hope Allegiant buys NEO, but the engine supply situation makes it unlikely to arrive at the bargains they seek.

There are plenty of A319s coming off lease from Capa Pacific and Easyjet to help expand the fleet. G4 also buys CFM powered A320s between 12 and 15(ish) years at the right pricing.

Allegiant has been clever sourcing used A320s cheap. (As some note so cheap they fly them in hybrid livery). :rotfl: Due to higher utilization of A319s & A320s than the MD-80s, they can shrink the fleet a little while maintaining passenger count and revenue. They tend to be ordering single digit quantity of new (if they order) each quarter if Airbus/CFM make an offer lower enough to entice a buy. Mostly, they find used examples to bring into the fleet.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

zackary747

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:55 am

https://twitter.com/Allegiant/status/10 ... 8646369280

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Allegiant's Make-A-Wish aircraft (N218NV) is getting a new design. It is currently in Lake City getting new paint.

FATFlyer

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:25 am

N241NV may have been pushed into service earlier than desired due to the delayed induction of other aircraft. That might explain the hybrid livery.

If they are repainting the Make-A-Wish aircraft N218NV and adding N271NV in a Winter the dolphin livery, they don't seem afraid to spend money on paint.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

zackary747

Re: What's next for Allegiant?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:44 am

Midwestindy wrote:
dabpit wrote:
Given that G4 has stated interest in serving secondary cities in Mexico, that is probably going to be the first group of flights. G4 will not offer connections on these flights would only be a few times a week.
Here is my pick of first set of destinations: LAS-HMO/CUU/MTY/MZT/VER, SFB-MID/CZM/CUN/MBJ/KIN/PUJ/SDQ/AUA, PIE-CZM/CUN/MBJ/AUA, CVG-CUN/MBJ/AUA, PIT-CUN/MBJ/AUA.
G4 will fly to places that they can sell vacation packages or to places where they can get a lot of VFR traffic. For the time being AZA will not see international flights unless it is to a pre-clearance destination this is due to the lack of FIS for commercial flights. AZA has a Customs office but it is only big enough to handle private flights and small charters.

1.I think CVG will get more flights then those three you mentioned

2.Do you think all those destinations are a lot for SFB to absorb without any connections. Could G4 do some 1 stop no plane change at SFB/PIE?

3.I'll throw IND-CUN/AUA/MBJ into the conversation

4.And also would G4 consider SJD?

BTW Allegiant is doing the Vacation Express IND-CUN route next year.

zackary747

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:45 am

FATFlyer wrote:
N241NV may have been pushed into service earlier than desired due to the delayed induction of other aircraft. That might explain the hybrid livery.

If they are repainting the Make-A-Wish aircraft N218NV and adding N271NV in a Winter the dolphin livery, they don't seem afraid to spend money on paint.

Make-A-Wish has a new logo and the aircraft is getting repainted to reflect that logo update.

deltadudejg

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:58 am

FATFlyer wrote:

That was the case for 241.
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations

jgcotter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 pm

A320 N259NV is in SAL for refurb, A319 N314NV last known location is SOF for refurb, and one more new build A320, presumably N275NV, coming from Hamburg or Toulouse should finish up the year.

Flaps

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Varsity1 wrote:

It has nothing whatsoever to do with being cheap and everything to do with needing the lift asap. They don't have the luxury right now of waiting for slots at the paint shop. They will get to the repaints when the fleet numbers get back up to plan.

lightsaber

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:31 am

Midwestindy wrote:

Lots of new aircraft

Do you have a link to the presentation?

So 88 seat miles per gallon for the A320CEO. A NEO burns 17.6% less fuel or 117.6% more seat miles=103 or 104...

That is quite the rebound. Once NEO production hits stride, CEOs should drop a bit in price.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

lightsaber

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:42 am

I tried to find that slide going to 100 aircraft, See link, slide 9
1. Slide 7 shows the extreme seasonality of leisure travel. Between 4.5 to 8.0 hours of flying per aircraft (per day),
2. 2018E has dropped by 5 (vs. slide 9). I assume this is transfer delays? (I ask as I can only speculate off what I've read.)
3. 2017 is the peak of CAPEX.
4. September 13th is investor day. (not in link, I was looking at Allegiant's calendar).

http://ir.allegiantair.com/static-files ... 458d293862

cbphoto

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 am

zackary747 wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:

All the MD-80s will be gone by November 25 making G4 completely Airbus. So, between now and then we'll see around 23-25ish MD-80s head to the desert.

Scheduled 80 service ends in November, but we have yet to know anything concrete about the last flight to the desert with the 80. That being said...it sounds like the majority of the 80s will be on property until they go to the desert, so I would expect only a few more 80s to be parked between now and then.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

jetmatt777

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:30 am

SXDFC wrote:
What’s the odds of the A220 wearing a G4 livery?

I imagine in 2050-2060 when Delta is parking them in the desert they may pick up some cheap ones.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

cbphoto

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:27 pm

MD-80 retirement update!!! So it looks like some of you will get your wish. November 28th will have a special commemorative MD-80 Flight LAS-FAT-LAS. November 26th is the final day of scheduled MD-80 service, with a retirement ceramony in SFB on the 27th.

FATFlyer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 pm

cbphoto wrote:
MD-80 retirement update!!! So it looks like some of you will get your wish. November 28th will have a special commemorative MD-80 Flight LAS-FAT-LAS. November 26th is the final day of scheduled MD-80 service, with a retirement ceramony in SFB on the 27th.

Good to hear that the LAS-FAT-LAS commemorative is confirmed. I had not received that info yet.

FAT-LAS was the first scheduled route flown after Mitch Allee started the company. The route first operated in October 1998 with the DC-9s (including the -21 that Mitch owned as the corporate aircraft for his Fresno-based software company CMS Solutions).

The November schedule is currently bookable so I assume the MD-80 commemorative flight will simply operate as the regular flight for that day. Is that what you are hearing?
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

jonnyclam123

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm

What are they going to do for the ceremony at SFB?

cbphoto

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

Good to hear that the LAS-FAT-LAS commemorative is confirmed. I had not received that info yet.

FAT-LAS was the first scheduled route flown after Mitch Allee started the company. The route first operated in October 1998 with the DC-9s (including the -21 that Mitch owned as the corporate aircraft for his Fresno-based software company CMS Solutions).

The November schedule is currently bookable so I assume the MD-80 commemorative flight will simply operate as the regular flight for that day. Is that what you are hearing?

Not sure what the plan is in regards to being able to book it. It might be an employee only flight, or it might be a sub for one of the regular flights.

TYSflyer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:36 pm

cbphoto wrote:

Do you know if this dispels the rumor that a few MD-80s were going to stick around for a few months after November to act as subs for the Airbus fleet until G4 gets a few more aircraft?

cbphoto

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

Do you know if this dispels the rumor that a few MD-80s were going to stick around for a few months after November to act as subs for the Airbus fleet until G4 gets a few more aircraft?

The way it was worded actually adds more fuel to the fire, as it specifically stated that the last “scheduled” flight was the 26th of November. They could easily keep a few more around for a few weeks for spares.

Northwest1988

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:13 pm

A few years ago delta held an official retirement celebration for the DC-9 and kept 1 or 2 flying for a few weeks afterward. Maybe something similar will happen here with G4?

jgcotter

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 pm

zackary747 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Allegiant/status/1033368648646369280

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Allegiant's Make-A-Wish aircraft (N218NV) is getting a new design. It is currently in Lake City getting new paint.

The Make-A-Wish aircraft N218NV is en route from LCQ to PIE following repainting with the new logo.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N218NV

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos