jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:23 pm

N254NV, the incident aircraft that struck the parked aircraft, is back in the air. All three incident aircraft are now back in service.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N254NV
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2724
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:33 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
With the direction B6 seems to be going G4 will have an opportunity to scoop up those A320's as well.


B6 A320s are IAE-powered, and Allegiant only buys CFM56 ones.

What's more likely, IMO, is an order at Farnborough for last-off-the-line CEOs. The IR ones that Airbus is pitching to G4 are all CFM.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

jgcotter wrote:
N254NV, the incident aircraft that struck the parked aircraft, is back in the air. All three incident aircraft are now back in service.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N254NV

Hmmm... please disregard previous. Filed as 254, delayed by an hour, then flown by 255. 254 is apparently still sitting at VPS.
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:09 pm

SXDFC wrote:
What’s the odds of the A220 wearing a G4 livery?


Next to none. Allegiant has just spent the last 5+ years trying to get back to a single fleet type airline. The A319/320 combo works great for what they do. I would think we would be more likely to see the A321 in their fleet well before the A220 would even be looked at.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:52 pm

jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
N254NV, the incident aircraft that struck the parked aircraft, is back in the air. All three incident aircraft are now back in service.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N254NV

Hmmm... please disregard previous. Filed as 254, delayed by an hour, then flown by 255. 254 is apparently still sitting at VPS.

OK, now N254NV is actually in the air. All three incident aircraft are now back in service.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N254NV
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
Has anyone heard about the intl expansion? I saw a FlightGlobal article on it a while ago, but nothing since.

Really think its a great expansion point if done right...


The FIS facility at SBN was built at the request of Allegiant. Airport is working on seasonal twice a week SBN-CUN. Allegiant just isn't ready for International yet.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 am

beau222 wrote:
No all three still sit here N250NV is the third Acft.


N250NV was the aircraft that was hit by a de-ice truck in SBN last December.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 15665
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 am

FWAERJ wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
With the direction B6 seems to be going G4 will have an opportunity to scoop up those A320's as well.


B6 A320s are IAE-powered, and Allegiant only buys CFM56 ones.

What's more likely, IMO, is an order at Farnborough for last-off-the-line CEOs. The IR ones that Airbus is pitching to G4 are all CFM.

I've posted up thread I hope G4 picks up some of the IR. However, I wonder if it would be better to opportunistically buy used. I know this is a small number of A329s,but as I don't have a matrix of what various used A320s sell for.

G4 is lower utilization. The V2500 is a PIP and a half ahead of the CFM-56-5 (which is a full PIP behind the CFM-56-7, much to the consternation of Airbus). So it is unlikely they would be a top bid for V2500s at this time. In other words, I think there is zero chance of Allegiant buying V2500 powered A319/A320 at the current market conditions.

What could happen is a NEO bid (there are enough lines growing enough in utilization).

But. G4 also needs to keep cash to expand their real estate too...

It will be interesting to see what they do. If Allegiant doesn't have a team at Farnborough seeing what buying opportunities there are, they are being silly.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
rj1385
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:29 am

Maybe G4 can get a hold of some of the AA A320s with all AA has on order.
 
rj1385
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 am

G4 also made a deal to use easyJet's orange color on the planes they ordered direct from Airbus. Wonder if some funneling of use aircraft maybe sourced there too.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 15665
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:24 am

rj1385 wrote:
G4 also made a deal to use easyJet's orange color on the planes they ordered direct from Airbus. Wonder if some funneling of use aircraft maybe sourced there too.

G4 has been buying used Easyjet A319s. I expect, for the right price, that will continue.

I'm a bit obsessed with the ideal Allegiant might buy new. However, I see rational reasons to conserve cash to buy real estate or to buy more used Airbuses than new. Honestly, the best business case is very dependent on the price of the aircraft and the assumptions on oil prices. I see a case for the NEO, but that probably consumes too much liquidity (impacts the real estate too much).

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am

WeatherPilot wrote:
With the direction B6 seems to be going G4 will have an opportunity to scoop up those A320's as well.


The A220 is replacing the E190, not the A320. B6s A320's aren't going anywhere.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
nmdrdh787
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm

freakyrat wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
Has anyone heard about the intl expansion? I saw a FlightGlobal article on it a while ago, but nothing since.

Really think its a great expansion point if done right...


The FIS facility at SBN was built at the request of Allegiant. Airport is working on seasonal twice a week SBN-CUN. Allegiant just isn't ready for International yet.


Not ready because of aircraft, internal systems, ops or all of the above?
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
Has anyone heard about the intl expansion? I saw a FlightGlobal article on it a while ago, but nothing since.

Really think its a great expansion point if done right...


The FIS facility at SBN was built at the request of Allegiant. Airport is working on seasonal twice a week SBN-CUN. Allegiant just isn't ready for International yet.


Not ready because of aircraft, internal systems, ops or all of the above?


I believe it is internal systems and operations. I also wonder if their aircraft are ETOPS certified. I think the SBN FIS now has it's full certification.
 
dsuairptman
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:45 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

freakyrat wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

The FIS facility at SBN was built at the request of Allegiant. Airport is working on seasonal twice a week SBN-CUN. Allegiant just isn't ready for International yet.


Not ready because of aircraft, internal systems, ops or all of the above?


I believe it is internal systems and operations. I also wonder if their aircraft are ETOPS certified. I think the SBN FIS now has it's full certification.


Allegiant does not operate any ETOPS certified aircraft. ETOPS ended with retirement of the 757.
GEAUX SAINTS!
 
teneriffe77
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:00 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 am

I was looking on one of SYR's webcams this mourning and saw one of their recent arrivals which was obviously ex Vueling and still had their livery with only Allegiant fuselage titles
https://flightaware.com/photos/view/710 ... ate/page/1
 
nmdrdh787
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 pm

dsuairptman wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Not ready because of aircraft, internal systems, ops or all of the above?


I believe it is internal systems and operations. I also wonder if their aircraft are ETOPS certified. I think the SBN FIS now has it's full certification.


Allegiant does not operate any ETOPS certified aircraft. ETOPS ended with retirement of the 757.


I wonder if its worth the expense for them to get ETOPS.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:53 pm

dsuairptman wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Not ready because of aircraft, internal systems, ops or all of the above?


I believe it is internal systems and operations. I also wonder if their aircraft are ETOPS certified. I think the SBN FIS now has it's full certification.


Allegiant does not operate any ETOPS certified aircraft. ETOPS ended with retirement of the 757.


I don't think a SBN-CUN flight would require ETOPS.
 
nmdrdh787
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm

freakyrat wrote:
dsuairptman wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

I believe it is internal systems and operations. I also wonder if their aircraft are ETOPS certified. I think the SBN FIS now has it's full certification.


Allegiant does not operate any ETOPS certified aircraft. ETOPS ended with retirement of the 757.


I don't think a SBN-CUN flight would require ETOPS.


To be honest, outside of a return to HNL, I cannot think of many international G4 routes that would need ETOPS, as many of the destinations I assume they would venture into (CUN,PUJ,AUA,etc) have enough diversion airports around them.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Allegiant A320 N273NV is en route from LCQ to IWA/AZA for entry into active service. 39 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N273NV
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8083
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:16 pm

QUESTION:

N271NV is in a livery dedicated to Winter, the dolphin.
Winter, the dolphin's home is @ Clearwater Marine Quarium in Clearwater, Fl. It is minutes from PIE,a G4 base.
But yet this aircraft seems to be based @ Phoenix-Mesa.
W H Y?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm

727LOVER wrote:
QUESTION:

N271NV is in a livery dedicated to Winter, the dolphin.
Winter, the dolphin's home is @ Clearwater Marine Quarium in Clearwater, Fl. It is minutes from PIE,a G4 base.
But yet this aircraft seems to be based @ Phoenix-Mesa.
W H Y?

Now that N273NV is in IWA they may move N271NV to PIE. They may also have an event planned with the city or aquarium for its arrival, so that may be driving the timing of its arrival and basing at PIE.
Last edited by jgcotter on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Does anyone have eyes on 273 at IWA/AZA yet? Is it in Alitallegiant livery, like the previous Vuellegiant jet that was refurbed at LCQ?
 
BreezyIAH
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 pm

SNA?
 
MD80MKE
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Allegiant took delivery of a brand new A320ceo N257NV from BFM. En route to MIA now,
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n257nv
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 am

727LOVER wrote:
QUESTION:

N271NV is in a livery dedicated to Winter, the dolphin.
Winter, the dolphin's home is @ Clearwater Marine Quarium in Clearwater, Fl. It is minutes from PIE,a G4 base.
But yet this aircraft seems to be based @ Phoenix-Mesa.
W H Y?

N271NV just landed at PIE.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Allegiant A320 N260NV is en route from SAL to SFB for entry into active service. 41 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N260NV
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:05 am

Allegiant MD83 N891GA retired to VCV on 1 Aug 18.
26 x MD80 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N891GA
Last edited by jgcotter on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Allegiant MD83 N871GA retired to VCV on 31 Aug 18.
25 x MD80 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N871GA
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pm

jgcotter wrote:
Allegiant MD83 N871GA retired to VCV on 31 Aug 18.
25 x MD80 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N871GA

Correction; 31 Jul 18.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Allegiant A320 N235NV is en route from TJFF to PIE for entry into active service. 42 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N235NV
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:51 am

The fleet plan calls for 50 A320s to be operating at the end of this year. Getting close.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
Northwest1988
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:54 am

Does anyone have any info on what and when the last MD-80 flights will be yet? I know they are scheduled for retirement just after thanksgiving, but do we know what the last flights will be out of SFB and LAS?
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on what and when the last MD-80 flights will be yet? I know they are scheduled for retirement just after thanksgiving, but do we know what the last flights will be out of SFB and LAS?

Some of that was posted several months ago upthread.

Allegiant execs have been saying for months that the last MD scheduled revenue flight will be on November 25, 2018. But no announcement yet what route will see the last flight.

Personally I have said before it would be fun to see the last MD flight operate FAT-LAS. That was G4's first scheduled route on the DC-9 years ago
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 15665
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Out of curiosity, how many A319s are expected at the end of the year?

A319:. 32+?
A320: 50
MD-80 zero

Minimum 82+

Versus today
A319: 32
A320: 41
MD-80 25

98 (but more standby MD-80 and a delay for A320 in service).

I'm just curious at how many fewer aircraft.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many A319s are expected at the end of the year?

A319:. 32+?
A320: 50
MD-80 zero

Minimum 82+

Versus today
A319: 32
A320: 41
MD-80 25

98 (but more standby MD-80 and a delay for A320 in service).

I'm just curious at how many fewer aircraft.

Lightsaber


That was in the 2nd quarter financials press release. They plan 31 A319s at the end of Q3 and 32 at year end.
http://ir.allegiantair.com/news-releases/news-release-details/allegiant-travel-company-second-quarter-2018-financial-results


Aircraft fleet plan by end of period
Aircraft 1Q18 2Q18 3Q18 YE18
MD-80 (166 seats) 32 27 19 —
A319 (156 seats) 26 31 31 32
A320 (177/186 seats) 30 35 44 45
Total 88 93 94 77
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on what and when the last MD-80 flights will be yet? I know they are scheduled for retirement just after thanksgiving, but do we know what the last flights will be out of SFB and LAS?

Some of that was posted several months ago upthread.

Allegiant execs have been saying for months that the last MD scheduled revenue flight will be on November 25, 2018. But no announcement yet what route will see the last flight.

Personally I have said before it would be fun to see the last MD flight operate FAT-LAS. That was G4's first scheduled route on the DC-9 years ago


If I was a betting man, I would say one route might have the honor of the last scheduled flight, but I would imagine the MD-80 subbing some of the scheduled Airbus routes until the very end. So I don’t know if the last MD-80 route would ever be announced.

Also rumors are flying around (no pun intended) that the 80s may stick around until the end of March 2019 to help with the slower inductions of the Airbus and to help augment the airbus fleet until more come on property. Of course, I’ll believe it when the 80 is still flying on Jan 1st, 2019.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 15665
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many A319s are expected at the end of the year?

A319:. 32+?
A320: 50
MD-80 zero

Minimum 82+

Versus today
A319: 32
A320: 41
MD-80 25

98 (but more standby MD-80 and a delay for A320 in service).

I'm just curious at how many fewer aircraft.

Lightsaber


That was in the 2nd quarter financials press release. They plan 31 A319s at the end of Q3 and 32 at year end.
http://ir.allegiantair.com/news-releases/news-release-details/allegiant-travel-company-second-quarter-2018-financial-results


Aircraft fleet plan by end of period
Aircraft 1Q18 2Q18 3Q18 YE18
MD-80 (166 seats) 32 27 19 —
A319 (156 seats) 26 31 31 32
A320 (177/186 seats) 30 35 44 45
Total 88 93 94 77

Thank you. So 50 A320 is later? A drop of 17 aircraft is substantial.

I'm surprised they haven't taken in more A319. I speculate the LEAP-1A shortfall has Easyjet extending leases and thus temporarily drying up the supply.

I find Allegiant fleet management facinating as their model is different than most airlines. It works...

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
mcg
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:49 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 pm

cbphoto wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
pwm2txlhopper wrote:
A320 Reg. N260NV is currently enroute to BGR from SNN. These have been coming through BGR every few weeks in recent months. I've seen at least four come through.

This is former Saudi Arabian AIrlines Reg. HZ-AS13

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N260NV


Allegiant A320 N260NV is now en route from BGR to SAL for further refurb before entry into active service.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N260NV


Rumors are these Saudi birds are the reason for the entry into service delays at G4.. Lots of issues with dust, and non certified components on them.


Shouldn't presale inspection uncover non certified components?
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am

cbphoto wrote:
If I was a betting man, I would say one route might have the honor of the last scheduled flight, but I would imagine the MD-80 subbing some of the scheduled Airbus routes until the very end. So I don’t know if the last MD-80 route would ever be announced.

Also rumors are flying around (no pun intended) that the 80s may stick around until the end of March 2019 to help with the slower inductions of the Airbus and to help augment the airbus fleet until more come on property. Of course, I’ll believe it when the 80 is still flying on Jan 1st, 2019.

lightsaber wrote:
Thank you. So 50 A320 is later? A drop of 17 aircraft is substantial.
I'm surprised they haven't taken in more A319. I speculate the LEAP-1A shortfall has Easyjet extending leases and thus temporarily drying up the supply.
I find Allegiant fleet management facinating as their model is different than most airlines. It works...
Lightsaber

During last month's conference call Allegiant indicated the last day for scheduled MD flying remains in November.

They also readjusted the fleet plan due to the problems with aircraft arrival. They pushed several aircraft into the 2019 fleet schedule so the total now is lower for the end of this year than previously planned.

It was supposed to 82 aircraft at year-end but will now be 77.

But with fuel rising they stated they will also be doing some route and frequency trimming (routes have to meet G4's margin goals). That will help with the temporarily smaller fleet.

Also FYI, the financing for Sunseeker Resort should be revealed in the next 2 months. After that G4 plans an investor presentation focused only on the resort. That will give better data and info about the resort.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8083
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:29 am

FATFlyer wrote:
But with fuel rising they stated they will also be doing some route and frequency trimming (routes have to meet G4's margin goals).




Any indication or guesses which routes these might be?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 am

FATFlyer wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
If I was a betting man, I would say one route might have the honor of the last scheduled flight, but I would imagine the MD-80 subbing some of the scheduled Airbus routes until the very end. So I don’t know if the last MD-80 route would ever be announced.

Also rumors are flying around (no pun intended) that the 80s may stick around until the end of March 2019 to help with the slower inductions of the Airbus and to help augment the airbus fleet until more come on property. Of course, I’ll believe it when the 80 is still flying on Jan 1st, 2019.

lightsaber wrote:
Thank you. So 50 A320 is later? A drop of 17 aircraft is substantial.
I'm surprised they haven't taken in more A319. I speculate the LEAP-1A shortfall has Easyjet extending leases and thus temporarily drying up the supply.
I find Allegiant fleet management facinating as their model is different than most airlines. It works...
Lightsaber

During last month's conference call Allegiant indicated the last day for scheduled MD flying remains in November.

They also readjusted the fleet plan due to the problems with aircraft arrival. They pushed several aircraft into the 2019 fleet schedule so the total now is lower for the end of this year than previously planned.

It was supposed to 82 aircraft at year-end but will now be 77.

But with fuel rising they stated they will also be doing some route and frequency trimming (routes have to meet G4's margin goals). That will help with the temporarily smaller fleet.

Also FYI, the financing for Sunseeker Resort should be revealed in the next 2 months. After that G4 plans an investor presentation focused only on the resort. That will give better data and info about the resort.


Thanks boss..I’m privy to that same information you quoted. It’s not necessarily about fleet count, as it is about reliability of said fleet. The 80s do a lot of rescuing for the airbus fleet, especially the older ones on property. A few people have have been rumored to be looking into the possibility of extending the fleet by a few months. Of course, I’ll belive it when I see it. The 80s are paid for, and would essentially not cost Allegiant anything to extend the fleet by a few months for ready spares for the east coast operation.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
nkops
Posts: 2191
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:09 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on what and when the last MD-80 flights will be yet? I know they are scheduled for retirement just after thanksgiving, but do we know what the last flights will be out of SFB and LAS?


I am guessing it will probably be SFB.. I believe all the 80's have been moved out of LAS . SFB is the only MD-80 base left I thought
GOOFY6
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:50 pm

nkops wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on what and when the last MD-80 flights will be yet? I know they are scheduled for retirement just after thanksgiving, but do we know what the last flights will be out of SFB and LAS?


I am guessing it will probably be SFB.. I believe all the 80's have been moved out of LAS . SFB is the only MD-80 base left I thought


All have been moved to SFB. They only have 23 of the type left. In my former home town of SBN they only operate the MD80 on the SFB flights and they are now slowly working an Airbus A320 in on those flights. In the next two to three months SBN will be all Airbus on Allegiant.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:54 pm

cbphoto wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
If I was a betting man, I would say one route might have the honor of the last scheduled flight, but I would imagine the MD-80 subbing some of the scheduled Airbus routes until the very end. So I don’t know if the last MD-80 route would ever be announced.

Also rumors are flying around (no pun intended) that the 80s may stick around until the end of March 2019 to help with the slower inductions of the Airbus and to help augment the airbus fleet until more come on property. Of course, I’ll believe it when the 80 is still flying on Jan 1st, 2019.

lightsaber wrote:
Thank you. So 50 A320 is later? A drop of 17 aircraft is substantial.
I'm surprised they haven't taken in more A319. I speculate the LEAP-1A shortfall has Easyjet extending leases and thus temporarily drying up the supply.
I find Allegiant fleet management facinating as their model is different than most airlines. It works...
Lightsaber

During last month's conference call Allegiant indicated the last day for scheduled MD flying remains in November.

They also readjusted the fleet plan due to the problems with aircraft arrival. They pushed several aircraft into the 2019 fleet schedule so the total now is lower for the end of this year than previously planned.

It was supposed to 82 aircraft at year-end but will now be 77.

But with fuel rising they stated they will also be doing some route and frequency trimming (routes have to meet G4's margin goals). That will help with the temporarily smaller fleet.

Also FYI, the financing for Sunseeker Resort should be revealed in the next 2 months. After that G4 plans an investor presentation focused only on the resort. That will give better data and info about the resort.


Thanks boss..I’m privy to that same information you quoted. It’s not necessarily about fleet count, as it is about reliability of said fleet. The 80s do a lot of rescuing for the airbus fleet, especially the older ones on property. A few people have have been rumored to be looking into the possibility of extending the fleet by a few months. Of course, I’ll belive it when I see it. The 80s are paid for, and would essentially not cost Allegiant anything to extend the fleet by a few months for ready spares for the east coast operation.


This past winter an MD80 from PIA rescued the brand new A320 (N250NV) in SBN for a flight to PGD after the Airbus had a scrape with a deicing truck. Ironically N250NV was involved in a second ground incident at VPS several months later.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

727LOVER wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
But with fuel rising they stated they will also be doing some route and frequency trimming (routes have to meet G4's margin goals).

Any indication or guesses which routes these might be?


My guesses would be no more accurate than anyone else's. Allegiant has said they look for routes to perform at about a 20% +/- margin.
cbphoto wrote:
Thanks boss..I’m privy to that same information you quoted. It’s not necessarily about fleet count, as it is about reliability of said fleet. The 80s do a lot of rescuing for the airbus fleet, especially the older ones on property. A few people have have been rumored to be looking into the possibility of extending the fleet by a few months. Of course, I’ll belive it when I see it. The 80s are paid for, and would essentially not cost Allegiant anything to extend the fleet by a few months for ready spares for the east coast operation.

Notice I keep saying last day of "scheduled" flights. I have not been disputing the spares rumor. ;)
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
deltadudejg
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:12 pm

SFB is the remaining MD80 base. All the 80 pilots are there. We have 1 MD80 at PIE, we've had 864 lately. It has been our hot spare, when they want to use it that have to send a crew from SFB
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations
 
Northwest1988
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:50 am

Wow, only 1 MD-80 base left. Definitely down to the wire now...
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Topic Author
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Image

Lots of new aircraft
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 2831
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:24 pm

So Austin did not or loose flights?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos