Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Midwestindy
Topic Author

What's next for Allegiant? - discussion thread

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:30 pm

G4 hasn't been talked about for a while, and is probably updating their schedule soon, so I think now is as good as a time as any to start a, What's next for G4 thread?

G4 is adding 6 A320s between September and December

Could we see more growth from their west coast destinations (OAK, SAN, LAX), or from some of their eastern destinations (SJU, EWR, BWI)

What about some of the larger O&D bases CVG, IND, PIT, BLI?

Which cities are next for G4 service to Florida/MSY/AUS?

And finally, are there any new cites that might be announced (Texas, BNA, e.t.c)?
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat May 05, 2018 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title updated

ADrum23

Re: What's next for Allegiant?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm actually really surprised that they are not at BNA. It seems odd that they are (or at least once were) at virtually all the major non-hub airports in the south, but not BNA.

msycajun

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Just looking at the numbers I think the most likely candidates for MSY are AZA, RIC, ORF, MKE, and IAG. MKE is on the airport's wishlist and could probably be stimulated significantly. MSY-PHX is a large and growing market with no competition and pretty high fares. I don't have any numbers for it (anyone know where I can find them?), but SJU has been on my personal wishlist for some time.

wedgetail737

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

I think PAE-LAS and maybe AZA.

FATFlyer

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Allegiant stated in a conference call earlier this year they expect to add "a couple more" new cities in the last quarter of this year. Those might be just a couple of small cities or they could be larger midsized cities.

The aircraft arriving are mainly replacing MDs in the fleet, by the end of the year there will only be 2 MD bases left.

But G4 has been getting more utilization hours out of each aircraft in the Airbus fleet. That will allow them to add a few routes during the fleet transition. They project by the end of the year that 70% of ASMs will be flown by the Airbus fleet.

Watch for information in late Sept/early Oct about an interesting possibility. The company has said they have been exploring purchasing a resort area hotel. If that happens that will give them more control of packages and pricing at a destination.

Those who like numbers can see the most recent management presentation here:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NjcwMTAzfENoaWxkSUQ9Mzc3MjU5fFR5cGU9MQ==&t=1

AWACSooner

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Dumb question of the day: Does G4 fly on any of their routes more than 1x daily?

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:23 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
Allegiant stated in a conference call earlier this year they expect to add "a couple more" new cities in the last quarter of this year. Those might be just a couple of small cities or they could be larger midsized cities.

The aircraft arriving are mainly replacing MDs in the fleet, by the end of the year there will only be 2 MD bases left.

But G4 has been getting more utilization hours out of each aircraft in the Airbus fleet. That will allow them to add a few routes during the fleet transition. They project by the end of the year that 70% of ASMs will be flown by the Airbus fleet.

Watch for information in late Sept/early Oct about an interesting possibility. The company has said they have been exploring purchasing a resort area hotel. If that happens that will give them more control of packages and pricing at a destination.

Those who like numbers can see the most recent management presentation here:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NjcwMTAzfENoaWxkSUQ9Mzc3MjU5fFR5cGU9MQ==&t=1

Thanks for sharing, the resort hotel sounds like an interesting possibility, I assume it would be near SFB/PIE if it were to happen

717atOGG

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm

AWACSooner wrote:
Dumb question of the day: Does G4 fly on any of their routes more than 1x daily?

I think there might be a few now, but there used to be some. For example, BLI-LAS peaked at 3x daily last fall, but now it's only 1x a day.

cvgComair

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 pm

AWACSooner wrote:

Yes, it depends on the season. CVG-FLL/SFB/PGD are flown at 2x/day during parts of the year. BLI-LAS also gets up to 3x/day and LAS-OAK gets up to 2x/day depending on the season. These are the only routes I can think of.

deltadudejg

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 pm

As of last Tuesday PIE is all Airbus. As far as I know they are planning some sort of international out of here next year to presumably SJU, Mexico, or the Caribbean somewhere.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

AWACSooner wrote:

Mostly the west coast routes, I believe for example right now OAK-AZA is 2x daily, and G4 is running 3x daily BLI-LAS, probably a few others as well fall 2x daily as 10% of G4s routes are 5x weekly or higher.

cvgComair

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
G4 hasn't been talked about for a while, and is probably updating their schedule soon, so I think now is as good as a time as any to start a, What's next for G4 thread?

G4 recently pushed out the schedule until February, but for now its filler. There are quite a few routes coming in November, but I think we will see more added for early Winter.

G4 is also supposed to be able to start international flights on their own this year. I know CVG/SFB/LAS into CUN/PUJ/MBJ/PVR/SJD/etc were talked about a lot, but I think some of their larger markets and bases like PGD/PIE/IND/PIT could see some international routes as well.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

G4 recently pushed out the schedule until February, but for now its filler. There are quite a few routes coming in November, but I think we will see more added for early Winter.

G4 is also supposed to be able to start international flights on their own this year. I know CVG/SFB/LAS into CUN/PUJ/MBJ/PVR/SJD/etc were talked about a lot, but I think some of their larger markets and bases like PGD/PIE/IND/PIT could see some international routes as well.

deltadudejg wrote:
As of last Tuesday PIE is all Airbus. As far as I know they are planning some sort of international out of here next year to presumably SJU, Mexico, or the Caribbean somewhere.

Has G4 announced that they are planning Int'l expansion for next year? or is it just rumors?

Btw, If G4 ever considered adding a hub anywhere SFB would be a great spot, especially if they are planning Int'l flights from there.
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deltadudejg

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

deltadudejg wrote:

Has G4 announced that they are planning Int'l expansion for next year? or is it just rumors?

Our Customs is going to get a refresh starting at the beginning of the year and ending scheduled in spring of next year. Nothing official has been said but the push is there for the remodel with their intentions of new routes.

717atOGG

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

deltadudejg wrote:

They might want to have the international routes be dependent on connections, so it might be a logistical issue. Or, they're doing P2P international, which would be easier to set up and is more likely to happen.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

deltadudejg wrote:

They might want to have the international routes be dependent on connections, so it might be a logistical issue. Or, they're doing P2P international, which would be easier to set up and is more likely to happen.

Yeah I agree, if they want int'l routes dependent on connections, SFB is the place to do it (similar to how FLL works for WN), considering they have flights from there to virtually the entire eastern half of the country. Only problem is they would have to completely rearrange their schedule to allow for connections to be made, it is possible but I don't know if G4 has the stomach for it right now.

If it is P2P international I could see more of it going to CVG, or some other large bases like PIT or IND.

cvgComair

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

deltadudejg wrote:

It was talked about by Allegiant earlier this year, they were upgrading their reservation system to launch international flights in 2018. Here is was one of the sources: http://aviationweek.com/awincommercial/allegiant-air-preparing-international-route-launches. This article is behind a paywall, here is the full text:

Allegiant Air to launch international service in 2018
Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air plans to launch international flights in 2018, provided it can update its reservations system to handle foreign bookings.

Allegiant operates an in-house reservations system, and is updating the software in order to handle international routes and foreign currency sales, Allegiant SVP-commercial Lukas Johnson said. “For foreign sales, we’ll have to either rewrite the code for our reservations system, or will explore using [global distribution systems] connectivity,” Johnson said at the Routes Americas conference.

Allegiant does not sell tickets through external distribution systems. It is one of only a few carriers that built its reservations system in-house. The airline is upgrading its current system, AIS, to one called G4Plus. The new system will handle foreign sales. The call center now is using a version of G4Plus, Allegiant director of marketing Jessica Wheeler said.

Allegiant has not identified the foreign markets it intends to serve, but Johnson noted the carrier will hew to its strategy of connecting small- and mid-size markets in the US with leisure destinations. Allegiant operates to many of its markets on a less-than-daily schedule, and this is not expected to change. The carrier will focus exclusively on the leisure and visiting friends and relatives (VFR) markets, he added.

Allegiant is continuing its transition to an all-Airbus A320-family fleet, Johnson said. The airline is retiring 12 MD-80s this year, with the goal of phasing out the entire fleet of more than 40 MD-80s within three years.

The airline also is retiring its Boeing 757 fleet by the end of this year, and will cease Hawaii flights, Johnson said. He added that the 18 Airbus A320-family aircraft Allegiant plans to receive this year will not be ETOPS-certified. “We would have to sacrifice some seats on A320ceos for ETOPS, which didn’t make sense for us,” he said.

Although Allegiant is sticking with its strategy of serving small- and mid-size markets, it has moved from being primarily a west coast airline to having 60% of its capacity east of the Mississippi River, Johnson said.

Allegiant recently began serving Cleveland Hopkins International Airport after ending operations at Akron-Canton Airport. It made the switch after noticing that most of its passengers in the region lived near Cleveland. “It made more sense for us to use Cleveland,” he said.

Allegiant’s recent launch of Newark, New Jersey, service is not a departure from its strategy, Johnson said. The carrier is selling New York City as a destination to which it takes leisure passengers, and not as a business-traveler destination, he said.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

cvgComair wrote:
It was talked about by Allegiant earlier this year, they were upgrading their reservation system to launch international flights in 2018. Here is was one of the sources: http://aviationweek.com/awincommercial/allegiant-air-preparing-international-route-launches. This article is behind a paywall, here is the full text:

Yeah, that pretty much confirms it as a likelyhood

It would be interesting if they tried some less conventional Int'l destinations, instead of the usual CUN.

southwest1675

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:12 pm

They could do BNA in my opinion.

AAvgeek744

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm

southwest1675 wrote:

I can't imagine where they would go with the exception of Punta Gorda. I have a couple of friends who drive to Knoxville to catch a flight down there. I believe a lot depends on what NK does, which seems likely they'll enter BNA if there's a gate for them.

Northwest1988

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:43 pm

What cities are currently MD-80 bases? It was mentioned that LAS and SFB will be the last and all MD-80 flying is being consolidated to those two cities. Just curious what cities are still MD bases other than Vegas or Orlando at this time?

AAvgeek744

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Yeah I agree, if they want int'l routes dependent on connections, SFB is the place to do it (similar to how FLL works for WN), considering they have flights from there to virtually the entire eastern half of the country. Only problem is they would have to completely rearrange their schedule to allow for connections to be made, it is possible but I don't know if G4 has the stomach for it right now.

If it is P2P international I could see more of it going to CVG, or some other large bases like PIT or IND.

Pretty sure B6 and WN will defend their Caribbean/Latin America services out of FLL and MCO. G4 will attract people with dirt cheap fares, the question is could they compete profitably say 2x weekly when B6 and WN are mostly daily

KentB27

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I can't imagine where they would go with the exception of Punta Gorda. I have a couple of friends who drive to Knoxville to catch a flight down there. I believe a lot depends on what NK does, which seems likely they'll enter BNA if there's a gate for them.

They could compete with WN for LAS.

AAvgeek744

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

KentB27 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Could be,. I still think it depends on whether NK comes to BNA. Right now, I don't think there is room for both, both pax and gate space wise. I keep hearing different numbers on how many gates are being used on A while the FIS is getting a temporary makeover and then the permanent one being built.

ADrum23

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
KentB27 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Could be,. I still think it depends on whether NK comes to BNA. Right now, I don't think there is room for both, both pax and gate space wise. I keep hearing different numbers on how many gates are being used on A while the FIS is getting a temporary makeover and then the permanent one being built.

My guess is NK enters BNA when Concourse D is rebuilt and reopened (which will add six new gates). I heard they may start construction on the new Concourse D next year, which would put it on track for opening by 2020 at the latest. Maybe Allegiant will follow suit then?

PVD757

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm interested in seeing Allegiant consider PVD-MYR/JAX/AUS/SAV

If they start international operations, my guess would be CUN but given the many small airports with limited US Customs abilities they serve, maybe they look at the preclearance destinations first? AUA, BDA, FPO, NAS, and soon PUJ?

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 pm

KentB27 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

AZA, SFB, PIE, VPS, MYR, and FLL would all likely work from BNA as well.
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
717atOGG wrote:

Pretty sure B6 and WN will defend their Caribbean/Latin America services out of FLL and MCO. G4 will attract people with dirt cheap fares, the question is could they compete profitably say 2x weekly when B6 and WN are mostly daily

It would be difficult for B6 especially to defend its Caribbean/Latin American services from G4 if G4 decides to add connections in SFB/PIE, because 1.Most of the cities that G4 serves aren't even served by B6 and 2.Most of the G4 travelers on these int'l routes wouldn't be flying B6 anyway, because most G4 travelers are looking for a bargin, that is much harder to find on B6.

deltadudejg

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
What cities are currently MD-80 bases? It was mentioned that LAS and SFB will be the last and all MD-80 flying is being consolidated to those two cities. Just curious what cities are still MD bases other than Vegas or Orlando at this time?

Additionally AVL and ROA until September.

jmscsc

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:31 pm

I wonder what the chances are for them starting BDL?

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:36 pm

jmscsc wrote:

Since G4 recently opened PVD, I am sure they are looking at BDL. However the problem with BDL is that it has:

NK operating FLL/MCO/RSW/MYR/TPA-BDL
WN operating FLL/MCO/TPA/RSW/LAS/PBI-BDL
B6 operating FLL/MCO/TPA/PBI/RSW-BDL

All those LCC/ULCC routes are G4's bread and butter and it is hard to see G4 competing on those routes especially in a market the size of BDL

IMO I could still see G4 operating BDL-AZA/LAS/MSY/JAX effectively.

cheapgreek

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
jmscsc wrote:

Since G4 recently opened PVD, I am sure they are looking at BDL. However the problem with BDL is that it has:

All those LCC/ULCC routes are G4's bread and butter and it is hard to see G4 competing on those routes especially in a market the size of BDL

Allegiant has shown interest in HVN but the runway issue has to be settled in federal court, the ruling to come any day, it would be well received in the area as there are many snow birds in the area. Once the runway is extended, a floodgate of new service will be added. There is much pent up demand in the area but for years the runway has been locked in at 5600 feet. Current plans are to add 1000 feet at one end and 400-500 feet at the other end. No more reliance on BDL almost up in Massachusetts but a nearby local airport that could also draw from Bridgeport as it closer than HPN.

dfwjim1

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 pm

How about G4 trying service to El Paso and Albuquerque?

AWACSooner

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
How about G4 trying service to El Paso and Albuquerque?

They fly ELP-SFB and ABQ-AUS/LAX/LAS

CairnterriAIR

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:15 am

I can see Allegiant entering the HVN market but only if the runway is lengthened. If that happens then I could see a few other carriers adding service too. Delta with some C-Series flights to ATL, and American with the E-175 flights to CLT. But floodgates being opened I can't quite see it. Can the terminal infrastructure....gate space, baggage claim, TSA, support multiple mainline arrivals and departure crowds at the same time? The airport did have multiple airlines in the past, but we are talking a handful of flights a day with turboprop equipment, with a couple of 737's. That maxed out the terminal alone. Does the runway have CAT 3 instruments? Gets foggy on the shore.

As for BDL, G4 could find success in places other than Florida. Vegas, New Orleans, and SoCal come into mind.

PA12

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 am

ELP-SFB/LAS/OAK/SAN.

timberwolf24

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 am

Will Allegiant go back to GYY? GYY-LAS?

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:00 am

timberwolf24 wrote:
Will Allegiant go back to GYY? GYY-LAS?

They might, now that the runway has been extended and the railroad embankment is gone. GYY used to have a 38-foot high railroad embankment at one end of its longest runway, which meant G4 had to restrict fuel and passenger loads on some flights because of it, and also had to call off plans to fly to Las Vegas, because the planes could not carry the amount of fuel necessary and still meet federal safety requirements for clearing the embankment. Now that the limitations from the embankment are gone, and the runway has been extended I think G4 can make GYY work well.

USAOZ

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 am

would have thought EGE(Vail-Eagle) should be on their radar, as fares into EGE always seem very high compared to Denver which is about 2.5 hours drive east. Look at LAX/EGE. Only one nonstop a day & only in winter from around mid-December to early April from memory. they fly to Grand Junction & Montrose from LAX nonstop, but would have thought demand would be much higher in & out of EGE.

Does GJT/LAX end this week ? Can't seem to book any flights beyond 15AUG.

& why do G4 load some of their flights so late ?

jetblueguy22

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:25 am

cheapgreek wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
jmscsc wrote:

Allegiant has shown interest in HVN but the runway issue has to be settled in federal court, the ruling to come any day, it would be well received in the area as there are many snow birds in the area. Once the runway is extended, a floodgate of new service will be added. There is much pent up demand in the area but for years the runway has been locked in at 5600 feet. Current plans are to add 1000 feet at one end and 400-500 feet at the other end. No more reliance on BDL almost up in Massachusetts but a nearby local airport that could also draw from Bridgeport as it closer than HPN.

HVN is always going to lose to BDL and ultimately NYC. There will never be a floodgate. HVN is largely a forgotten airport. I agree there is a chance of G4. But that is about it.

FATFlyer

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:27 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Thanks for sharing, the resort hotel sounds like an interesting possibility, I assume it would be near SFB/PIE if it were to happen

Maybe. But Allegiant's current president is John Redmond. He has previously been an executive with MGM Grand, Caesars, and Echo Entertainment Group in Australia. Since all of those are companies with casino operations, it would not surprise me if Allegiant is looking at a hotel (with or without gaming) in Vegas.

717atOGG wrote:

Allegiant has said in the past they want to stay away from connections due to the complexity that would add. With infrequent service to many cities the problems with misconnects is magnified for them.

I expect they will do international nonstops.

PVD757 wrote:
If they start international operations, my guess would be CUN but given the many small airports with limited US Customs abilities they serve, maybe they look at the preclearance destinations first? AUA, BDA, FPO, NAS, and soon PUJ?

One thing Allegiant has studied is customs stops on international return flights. That would eliminate the problem of a small city not having a FIS. But I do not know if they decided that the extra cost was worthwhile.

G4 also spoke with a number of smaller cities a couple of years ago and encouraged them to pursue adding a FIS.

cheapgreek

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:50 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
I can see Allegiant entering the HVN market but only if the runway is lengthened. If that happens then I could see a few other carriers adding service too. Delta with some C-Series flights to ATL, and American with the E-175 flights to CLT. But floodgates being opened I can't quite see it. Can the terminal infrastructure....gate space, baggage claim, TSA, support multiple mainline arrivals and departure crowds at the same time? The airport did have multiple airlines in the past, but we are talking a handful of flights a day with turboprop equipment, with a couple of 737's. That maxed out the terminal alone. Does the runway have CAT 3 instruments? Gets foggy on the shore.

As for BDL, G4 could find success in places other than Florida. Vegas, New Orleans, and SoCal come into mind.

Back in the 90's, UA operated 4 daily 737's to ORD along with 4 Jetstreams to IAD. CO had 4 ATR's to EWR and US had Dash's and Beech 1900's to PHL, BWI and a couple of Dornier 328's to PIT, and I think some Dash's to DCA. This was all done at the old terminal which was the airport administration building, much smaller than the present terminal. I don't see airlines using mainline aircraft at first. but CRJ-200's, CRJ-700's and ERJ-175's will probably be the make up of the fleet serving HVN. Allegiant would probably be the only carrier at first to use mainline aircraft and that would only be a few times a week.
A new terminal has been talked about but it all hinges on a favorable court decision regarding the runway which seems to be the case.

southwest1675

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I believe BNA has one open gate.

DeltaRules

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 am

FWIW, word earlier this year was DAY was all but certain to get two new destinations; the airport was going to be meeting with G4 at a convention a few days after I toured there in April.

cbphoto

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 am

deltadudejg wrote:
Northwest1988 wrote:

Additionally AVL and ROA until September.

Uhh you mean AVL and MYR? Allegiant does not have any sort of base in ROA. Also, AVL and MYR will be MD bases until November, when MYR will close for the season and the 2 Airbus that are based in Destin will be moved up to AVL. Once that is complete. SFB and LAS will be the only two MD bases left, with approximately 2 being retired a month, until they are all gone.

AAvgeek744

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I believe BNA has one open gate.

Thanks for the FYI. I knew it was tight.

dabpit

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Given that G4 has stated interest in serving secondary cities in Mexico, that is probably going to be the first group of flights. G4 will not offer connections on these flights would only be a few times a week.
Here is my pick of first set of destinations: LAS-HMO/CUU/MTY/MZT/VER, SFB-MID/CZM/CUN/MBJ/KIN/PUJ/SDQ/AUA, PIE-CZM/CUN/MBJ/AUA, CVG-CUN/MBJ/AUA, PIT-CUN/MBJ/AUA.
G4 will fly to places that they can sell vacation packages or to places where they can get a lot of VFR traffic. For the time being AZA will not see international flights unless it is to a pre-clearance destination this is due to the lack of FIS for commercial flights. AZA has a Customs office but it is only big enough to handle private flights and small charters.

AVLAirlineFreq

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:50 pm

On the home front, I think we'll see AVL-MSY in the next year or so.

msycajun

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
On the home front, I think we'll see AVL-MSY in the next year or so.

Would love to see that, it's a really cool city. The numbers are pretty low though, about 11 PDEW, add 23 to that if you include GSP. I guess being a base helps. I wonder if G4 starts international flying that they might do something like a direct AVL-MSY-CUN, making use of MSY's vast international facilities and lack of competition relative to the Florida airports as a way to serve airports that don't have regular international service. Or maybe bring back TUL and do something like TUL-MSY-MBJ.

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm

dabpit wrote:
Given that G4 has stated interest in serving secondary cities in Mexico, that is probably going to be the first group of flights. G4 will not offer connections on these flights would only be a few times a week.
Here is my pick of first set of destinations: LAS-HMO/CUU/MTY/MZT/VER, SFB-MID/CZM/CUN/MBJ/KIN/PUJ/SDQ/AUA, PIE-CZM/CUN/MBJ/AUA, CVG-CUN/MBJ/AUA, PIT-CUN/MBJ/AUA.
G4 will fly to places that they can sell vacation packages or to places where they can get a lot of VFR traffic. For the time being AZA will not see international flights unless it is to a pre-clearance destination this is due to the lack of FIS for commercial flights. AZA has a Customs office but it is only big enough to handle private flights and small charters.

1.I think CVG will get more flights then those three you mentioned

2.Do you think all those destinations are a lot for SFB to absorb without any connections. Could G4 do some 1 stop no plane change at SFB/PIE?

3.I'll throw IND-CUN/AUA/MBJ into the conversation

4.And also would G4 consider SJD?
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos