SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Service will be 4 times weekly and with an A330 instead of thrice-weekly and with a 757. Quite a boost of capacity for the route.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ty-in-w17/
 
Eirules
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:57 pm

With AC moving from a Rouge 763 to mainline A330 with proper business class on the route, EI can't really afford to be left behind. But I do agree, that's a lot of seats in deep winter
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7644
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:11 pm

What's happening with Hartford? Does this free up a 757 for somewhere else?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
Eirules
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

BestWestern wrote:
What's happening with Hartford? Does this free up a 757 for somewhere else?


Well for January it's 3 weekly. The 757s are operating all of the IAD flights and some of the EWR ones in January too so maybe they're using them to cover A330 maintenance
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:46 pm

There are two 757s at Shannon and two at DUB. They operate 6x weekly SNN-JFK and BOS. Except for Jan and Feb when JFK doesn't operate and BOS is 4 weekly.
Between IAD and BDL are up to 4 weekly, it varies through the winter. EWR appears to be daily on an A330. Overall pretty light usage of the 757 over the deep winter period of Jan & Feb. Unless there are changes to come.
Next flights: MAN-ILD, BCN-LHR-CPT, CPT-LHR-MAN, MAN-ORK-KEF, KEF-ORK-MAN.
 
uconn99
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:48 am

Eirules wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
What's happening with Hartford? Does this free up a 757 for somewhere else?


Well for January it's 3 weekly. The 757s are operating all of the IAD flights and some of the EWR ones in January too so maybe they're using them to cover A330 maintenance


BDL-DUB was 4x weekly to start and through the winter then jumps to daily in the Spring.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:49 am

Eirules wrote:
With AC moving from a Rouge 763 to mainline A330 with proper business class on the route, EI can't really afford to be left behind. But I do agree, that's a lot of seats in deep winter


Sure. Does AC change start in October?
 
uconn99
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 am

Eirules wrote:
With AC moving from a Rouge 763 to mainline A330 with proper business class on the route, EI can't really afford to be left behind. But I do agree, that's a lot of seats in deep winter


Have you traveled EI 757 business class? I actually prefer it over the A330 because of the smaller cabin, more personalized service, and the same "throne" seats as A330. I was very pleased trying out Aer Lingus business class a few weeks ago and will fly them again.
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 am

BrianDromey wrote:
There are two 757s at Shannon and two at DUB. They operate 6x weekly SNN-JFK and BOS. Except for Jan and Feb when JFK doesn't operate and BOS is 4 weekly.
Between IAD and BDL are up to 4 weekly, it varies through the winter. EWR appears to be daily on an A330. Overall pretty light usage of the 757 over the deep winter period of Jan & Feb. Unless there are changes to come.

IAG recently announced the roll out of wifi across its airlines, Aer Lingus already has it on the A330s so maybe this winter we'll see it installed on the 757s now they have quieter usage.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7644
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 am

Could the 757 reach Delhi or Mumbai from Dublin?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 am

BestWestern wrote:
Could the 757 reach Delhi or Mumbai from Dublin?


The 757's range is about 3,900nm. Great circles distances from DUB to BOM & DEL are 4,110 and 3,828nm respectively. This, without considering winds and the actual routing of the flight. So I'd say no, it cannot non-stop.
 
User avatar
uberflieger
Posts: 1543
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Service will be 4 times weekly and with an A330 instead of thrice-weekly and with a 757. Quite a boost of capacity for the route.


:thumbsup:

There may be even more up-gauging once Aer Lingus becomes a member of Oneworld & joins the IAG / AA JBA.

:airplane:
Angel Jacinto Noh Tun para Presidente
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUdQvNUpl4
 
RalXWB
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Or increase in frequence once the 321LRs arrive...
 
User avatar
uberflieger
Posts: 1543
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 pm

RalXWB wrote:
Or increase in frequence once the 321LRs arrive

Can't wait to see where they're going to fly them. With the rise of TATL LCC competition my guess is secondary over high volume markets, but I've been wrong before. :biggrin:

Exciting times ahead

:airplane:
Angel Jacinto Noh Tun para Presidente
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUdQvNUpl4
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Eirules wrote:
With AC moving from a Rouge 763 to mainline A330 with proper business class on the route, EI can't really afford to be left behind. But I do agree, that's a lot of seats in deep winter


As AC is moving from C24 and Y258 (including Preferred seats with Rouge) to C27 Y+21 Y244 , meaning at least 81, 63 & 732 seats respectively per week and each way, EI will go from C36 Y495 to C96 Y972, that is +167% in C and +96% in Y.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Crew
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:29 pm

To put it in perspective, 92% of E-190/195 are flying, 95% of E-170/175.

http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-e190.htm

Not a horrible in service rate. But the type will have an issue when a quantity of C-series and MRJs are in service. However,not as tough as the CR2 and E-140/145. But it will take quantity, over 500+ of the new types.
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain
 
RalXWB
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

Re: Aer Lingus increase capacity and frequencies to YYZ during W17/18

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

lightsaber wrote:
To put it in perspective, 92% of E-190/195 are flying, 95% of E-170/175.

http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-e190.htm

Not a horrible in service rate. But the type will have an issue when a quantity of C-series and MRJs are in service. However,not as tough as the CR2 and E-140/145. But it will take quantity, over 500+ of the new types.


I guess you are in the wrong thread ;)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos