TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation August 2017

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:11 am

Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,

Dare I say things are looking better for IST and TK and other carriers lately.
I have travelled recently through IST and SAW and the crowds are back. Also in the streets at Istanbul I see more and more tourists, not only Arabs.
Fingers crossed this also means better financial results for Turkish carriers.

Here is to an early aviator, that flew from NYC to Istanbul:
http://www.earlyaviators.com/eboardm2.htm

Welcome and thank you all for years of participation

You can find the "Turkish Aviation July 2017" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1367187

OA260

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2017

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for a new thread and thank god things seem to have calmed down that could adversly effect TK and especially Istanbul.

Tkfan

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:48 pm

TK787 wrote:
Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,

Dare I say things are looking better for IST and TK and other carriers lately.
I have travelled recently through IST and SAW and the crowds are back. Also in the streets at Istanbul I see more and more tourists, not only Arabs.
Fingers crossed this also means better financial results for Turkish carriers.

Welcome and thank you all for years of participation

You can find the "Turkish Aviation July 2017" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1367187

Thank you very much for the new thread and all your efforts all the years :thumbsup:

Indeed there are very positive signs lately and also TK to be back to profitability.
Turkish Do&Co also called some staff back to work.

TK set a new high on 30th July with 1519 flights/day. If this trend continues they may even break their record of August 2016 of 6.4million Pax :bouncy:

TK105

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello All and thanks to TK787 for another thread.

TK787 wrote:

Very interesting read. Especially the balloon flight in 1785 between Istanbul and Bursa is also new to me, which is considered as the first intercontinental flight. I think if it were done by another nation, we could have been hearing it over and over again on Discovery Channel.
The future is in the skies.

AirbusA343

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:36 pm

TC-JND is returning to service soon I think. It had callsign TKTEST earlier.

mafaky

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
TC-JND is returning to service soon I think. It had callsign TKTEST earlier.

Yes, and in its refurbished cabin. :P
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

ist2014

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 pm

How are bc seats at refurbished 332s, do they have flat bad

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:24 am

Some impressive numbers by TK and Turkish aviation for the month of July:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... -and-data/

Tkfan

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 am

TK787 wrote:
Some impressive numbers by TK and Turkish aviation for the month of July:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... -and-data/

Thank you for the link TK787!!
These are indeed very impressive numbers. It seems TK and IST continues from there where they left in Jul2016.
A big surprise was for me the size of Izmir-Istanbul market, combined about 550K! So we will see more 77W on that route as Stylo777 mentioned last month.

On the other side comparing July to June is a bit problematic as a +3.33% is automatically given :)
Than different Holiday seasons throughout Europe... and in Turkey we had Ramadhan in whole June....

Lets wait for the realised results. I dont think IST has overtaken FRA and AMS yet as the latter usually have higher L/F than IST.

Tkfan

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Actually my expectations for extraordinary results for July grew when the Union of Turkish Exporters told Exports grew by 31% in July last weekend.
But this is only a preliminary number as official results are published one month later by the Statistical Institute.

Yesterday the Ministry of Customs and Trade published semi-official statistics which confirms the high growth rates.
Turkish exports grew by 28.7% and imports by stunning 45.8%.

Whats more interesting the share of Air Cargo.
It grew from 13.4% to 14.4% for exports and from 9.9% to 18.7% for imports in July2017 YoY.

It seems TK cant get its B77F fast enough...

Link (Turkish only):
http://www.gtb.gov.tr/haberler/2017-yil ... ri-bulteni

LAXintl

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 pm

As discussed in the July thread, with expanded bilateral with Russia, a 3rd carrier on each side is authorized to serve Istanbul-Moscow route.
Accordingly, AtlasGlobal filed for permission to commence service to Moscow Sheremetyevo starting September 25th using A321.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

globetrotter94

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but some discussion in late-July on Daily Sabah regarding initiation of charter flights from Bodrum/Dalaman/Antalya to Delhi/Mumbai:

https://www.dailysabah.com/tourism/2017 ... with-india

I wonder which airline will provide flights--presumably TK?
All roads may lead to Rome, but every city has flights to Istanbul.

mercure1

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm

As predicted by several of you in the last several months, the performance numbers being posted by airlines, airports, and economy recently in Turkey is fantastic.
Congrats to all parties.

stylo777

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:40 pm

mercure1 wrote:
As predicted by several of you in the last several months, the performance numbers being posted by airlines, airports, and economy recently in Turkey is fantastic.
Congrats to all parties.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy about the positive developments in the aviation industry of Turkey; however, those figures for me just show how bad the situation in 2016 was. You are comparing with the worst of the worst years ever thus everything will be better anyways.

IST-ADB and IST-AYT is so freaking amazing. On one side one would say that it is just capacity, but being on both routes atleast 2-3x per month I know how busy it usually is.
A friend of mine had the idea to non-rev on a Saturday or Sunday morning to AYT and only got a seat after six flights in the late afternoon/early evening. All tickets are usually sold for the ceiling price (TRY 352.00) oneway.

THY748i

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Also turkish carriers are able to charge a lot for tickets again this summer season. Tried to get from ZRH to ADB at the end of July but for a somewhat decent connection I would've had to pay like 700 € 3 weeks in advance and about 800 € one week in advance. The not very decent connections with LH and EW were around 600 €. This is simply too much for a student even with a well paid job. Probably could've flown to NYC with that kind of money.
While I'm happy that turkish carriers can seemingly fill the seats with good yields again I think it is kind of cruel towards VFR people like me who just want to visit some family and friends at least once a year (plus, a good percentage of them are families with children and in low paid jobs) and I know it's a lot cheaper outside summer season but I never paid more than 400 € even a week in advance.
I know they're businesses and all but especially PC and KK rely heavily on the VFR crowds and it does feel like a bit of a letdown to pay those kind of prices with LCCs. Really puts PC's search button which is labelled "ucuz uçuş ara" into perspective :P.

Ended up going to Italy for my holiday, which was very nice too, and when looking for some flights I saw ZRH-IST-CTA-IST-ZRH and IIRC ZRH-IST-NAP-IST-ZRH on TK priced at around 350 € lol.

alaturka

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:09 pm

stylo777 wrote:
mercure1 wrote:
Congrats to all parties.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy about the positive developments in the aviation industry of Turkey; however, those figures for me just show how bad the situation in 2016 was. You are comparing with the worst of the worst years ever thus everything will be better anyways.

If you fall in to the hole, while you are aiming to the higher point, first you should come out of that hole. We are happy because TK and Turkish Economy are passing that phase.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Back in NYC.
Took TK 11 last night on a A333, TC-JOI (2 yrs old), hate to say it was not in great shape. Y was full, J was 23/28. Few seat controls and few IFE controls did not work even after few resets. I changed seats and still was not able to control my monitor from my controller. Flight plan did not work either.
The traffic was a breeze to IST. It took me 20 minutes from Erenkoy to IST thourgh the Avrasya Tunel. From the curbside to the TK lounge was 5 minutes. I was the only one at the J check-in. On a negative note, IST smells like a barn, no AC, hot and crowded again outside the Lounge.
Once inside the J cabin things change. I am surprised to report that during the first meal they ran out of Champagne, a big bummer !!! How come TK does not serve Turkish Desserts any more?
I tried TK's new J Denon headsets for the first time and I like them. Fits well over the ears and I kept them on for about 10 hours, even during sleep. Too bad when I opened the box there was a piece of smoked salmon leftover from the previous flight :(
There were 11 FA's on this full filght, they did a great job. Had a chat with the purser and surprised to hear that this was her first NY flight in over a year. She said she is stuck flying to Russia a lot.
Probably one of the smoothest 11 hrs. crossings for me.
One last thing to mention. Toward the end of the flight, I was about to use the front lav and the co-pilot was standing there. To my surprise, he greeted me and then punched in the numbers and opened the cockpit door and walked in. That was the first time in many years I've seen the inside of a cockpit during flight. (All US airlines use a food cart to block the aisle and a FA faces the pax while a pilot is outside the cockpit.)

djxxa

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:53 pm

alaturka wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
mercure1 wrote:
Congrats to all parties.

If you fall in to the hole, while you are aiming to the higher point, first you should come out of that hole. We are happy because TK and Turkish Economy are passing that phase.

I'd like to emphasize that as well. The aviation industry has recuperated from the financial crisis in '07 and we are at a 'good point' right now. In contraspect, we're still in the same financial system. I hope TK has a great month ahead!

LAXintl

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Chairman Ayci interview with Business Travel News.

Says demand has recovered nicely, and TK plans return to double digit growth next several years. Looks forward to new airport. Also for TK787, confirms next TK lounge will be at JFK.

Turkish Airlines Pushes Forth with Aggressive Growth Plans
http://www.businesstravelnews.com/Inter ... owth-Plans

=

Tkfan

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Chairman Ayci interview with Business Travel News.

Says demand has recovered nicely, and TK plans return to double digit growth next several years. Looks forward to new airport. Also for TK787, confirms next TK lounge will be at JFK.

Turkish Airlines Pushes Forth with Aggressive Growth Plans
http://www.businesstravelnews.com/Inter ... owth-Plans

=

WOW... never heard of a TK lounge in Nairobi or TKs intention to open a lounge in Africa before other major destinations!!
I am really glad to see TKs expansion in Africa and prioritisation of Africa :cloudnine:

Tkfan

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 pm

TK787 wrote:
Back in NYC.
Took TK 11 last night on a A333, TC-JOI (2 yrs old), hate to say it was not in great shape. Y was full, J was 23/28. Few seat controls and few IFE controls did not work even after few resets. I changed seats and still was not able to control my monitor from my controller. Flight plan did not work either....

THY748i wrote:
Also turkish carriers are able to charge a lot for tickets again this summer season. Tried to get from ZRH to ADB at the end of July but for a somewhat decent connection I would've had to pay like 700 € 3 weeks in advance and about 800 € one week in advance. The not very decent connections with LH and EW were around 600 €. This is simply too much for a student even with a well paid job. Probably could've flown to NYC with that kind of money.
While I'm happy that turkish carriers can seemingly fill the seats with good yields again I think it is kind of cruel towards VFR people like me who just want to visit some family and friends at least once a year (plus, a good percentage of them are families with children and in low paid jobs) and I know it's a lot cheaper outside summer season but I never paid more than 400 € even a week in advance.
I know they're businesses and all but especially PC and KK rely heavily on the VFR crowds and it does feel like a bit of a letdown to pay those kind of prices with LCCs. Really puts PC's search button which is labelled "ucuz uçuş ara" into perspective :P.

Ended up going to Italy for my holiday, which was very nice too, and when looking for some flights I saw ZRH-IST-CTA-IST-ZRH and IIRC ZRH-IST-NAP-IST-ZRH on TK priced at around 350 € lol.

I think the reason is that nobody expected a recovery of Aviation in Turkey so fast. Even the Airlines in Turkey.
Turkish Airlines pushed back deliveries and ended some temporary leases.
They had really luck that no foreign Airline leased their A/C. I remember there were talks that PIA would lease some.
I guess they are now really struggeling to meet the demand.... so unfortunately no spare A330 to replace the A/C with broken seats....
It seems all A330 do the Antalya-Moscow shuttle. Two years ago it was Transaero with its B747s.

I wonder how they want to cope with the traffic as Hajj season will start soon.

Same with other Turkish Carriers. They reduced their capacities either by leasing out their Aircraft, selling/deferring delievries or retirement.
The capacities left are planned mainly for CIS or Neareast.
Not much left for Turks abroad or Western tourists.

I deffered my holidays also to September/October :roll:

LAXintl

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:04 pm

NBO lounge opened in 2016 and was the second overseas lounge after Moscow. Its 440-square-meters and designed like the IST facility. It serves as both a Star Alliance facility and Priority Pass location, so TK makes good money from it. It attracts close to 200 daily non TK customers.

Here someone did a video report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2_nIZYlNM

Tkfan

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Since the debate about tourism in Turkey I took a closer look to it.
Looking at the flights to/from AYT I noticed two waves of Antalya-Vnukovo by TK.
Is there a reason why the flights are timed so close, nearly 5-7 flights in 2h?

At the moment the schedules show TK AYT-VKO:
22.00, 22.15, 22.30, 22.40, 23.00, 23.30
And for tommorow morning
08.15, 08.30, 08.35, 08.45, 09.10, 09.20

That means at least 6 A/C are based in AYT. Isnt it more efficient to spread the flights throughout the day with fewer A/C?

MalevTU134

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Tkfan wrote:
Since the debate about tourism in Turkey I took a closer look to it.
Looking at the flights to/from AYT I noticed two waves of Antalya-Vnukovo by TK.
Is there a reason why the flights are timed so close, nearly 5-7 flights in 2h?

At the moment the schedules show TK AYT-VKO:
22.00, 22.15, 22.30, 22.40, 23.00, 23.30
And for tommorow morning
08.15, 08.30, 08.35, 08.45, 09.10, 09.20

That means at least 6 A/C are based in AYT. Isnt it more efficient to spread the flights throughout the day with fewer A/C?

Just guessing: since these are low-yield charter-type flights, the passengers on these flights are not very sensitive to the time of departure. I guess the departure time for the return from VKO must be a horrible 4 am or something on the first set of flights you mentioned. This IS efficient aircraft use. I'm sure that in the day (afternoon) these aircraft do another rotation to some destination in the Middle East or something?

Tkfan

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:40 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Just guessing: since these are low-yield charter-type flights, the passengers on these flights are not very sensitive to the time of departure. I guess the departure time for the return from VKO must be a horrible 4 am or something on the first set of flights you mentioned. This IS efficient aircraft use. I'm sure that in the day (afternoon) these aircraft do another rotation to some destination in the Middle East or something?

Sure this is a quite efficient Aircraft use, thats what i thought too. But than again there are quite a lot of flights inbetween these waves, they cant be done with the same aircrafts.
My question is more the operational part. In the worst case if all flights are done by A330s and with average 250 Pax, thats about 1500 pax. All to one direction with 6 different Flightnumbers and chek-in counters next to each other.... a nightmare

Other flights of TK from AYT the next 24h are:
Karaganda, Ufa, KIV, JED, ALG, CDG, HAM, FRA, VIE, LED, TLV, FMO, CGN.

Quite a lot flights to Europe too, usually Sun Express did this job. I guess they are streched themselves with all the demand...

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Here is the view from my seat couple days back leaving IST.

Tkfan

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Great shot!! :thumbsup:
First time a bigger aerial view of the construction site.

Your calculation of last month seems to match the progress, 1,5%/month... last I heard is 57%

15 month to go!!! :lol:

IGA's twin in Beijing is progressing also nicely. Its shape is also visible now :cloudnine:

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 pm

And here is a video:

Tkfan

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:56 am

DHMI released July traffic numbers.
Results for some Airports

Airport / Pax / Growth (Dom, Int)

IST 6.053.703 11.5% (12.5%, 11.0%)
SAW 3.053.804 13.4% (11.7%, 16.8%)
ESB 1.572.450 42.3% (41.5%, 47.2%)
ADB 1.286.762 13.9% (13.3%, 15.5%)
AYT 4.119.500 64.8% (8.1%, 86.0%)
TZX 468.373 28.6% (23.9%, 89.0%)

TR total 20.928.711 22.9% (16.2%, 31.0%)

AirbusA343

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 pm

TC-LNB seems to be back with TK.

stylo777

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Tkfan wrote:

Amazing performance! With that pace AYT will even take over IST :)

TK105

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:59 pm

This is July only comparison and not the right way to do it if you ask me. However Jan-Jul growth is also remarkable and almost all major airports are now in plus region, ESB-AYT leading the way.
The future is in the skies.

Tkfan

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:50 pm

TK105 wrote:
This is July only comparison and not the right way to do it if you ask me. However Jan-Jul growth is also remarkable and almost all major airports are now in plus region, ESB-AYT leading the way.

I agree that some figures are outstanding, on the other hand, thats my opinion, this shows the real current picture and trend of Turkish Aviation.

IST will countinue with healthy growth.
SAW same positive growth, but next year it will struggle with single Runway.
ESB will keep double digit growth, now that Pegasus discovered gold there.
ADB... my gutfeel.... it will attract lots of business besides tourism.
AYT will continue to surprise us 8-)

TZX, I took randomly as we talked about it last month... cant say anything about it.... but I guess its capacities are maxed out. I doubt it will be done anything as Rize Airport is on the horizon (2020?)

Just my :twocents:

Avianca

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:36 am

Dear all,I am wondering how the BOG/PTY and HAV/CCS flights are doing?
these flights specially out of BOG/PTY were mostly with very low fares bookable, but these days seems to be gone.... Eco to Central Europe was around 700 and Business around 1700 USD --- now the fares are around 2000 and 3500 USD....
CCS I would understand that the fares went up due to more and more limitations out of CCS to Euorpe / Asia / MidEast.

cheers
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LLA001

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 am

I went to Bodrum/Milas Airport ten days ago and I saw 3C-MAB, a white 772LR with no livery on.

At first I though it was a private jet since it had no livery so I tried to find some information about it. The plane belonged to Ceiba International a few years ago but had some financial difficulty and it was interned at Toulon for sometime. Apart from that I could not find much. I assumed an airline must be using for charter for high summer traffic but when I returned to BJV yesterday the plane was still parked at the same place.

I just wanted to ask you guys if you know anything about this plane?

Turkish777X

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am

TC-JJS not flying for quite a while since it crashed at IST...
Any update?

stylo777

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 am

LLA001 wrote:
I went to Bodrum/Milas Airport ten days ago and I saw 3C-MAB, a white 772LR with no livery on.

At first I though it was a private jet since it had no livery so I tried to find some information about it. The plane belonged to Ceiba International a few years ago but had some financial difficulty and it was interned at Toulon for sometime. Apart from that I could not find much. I assumed an airline must be using for charter for high summer traffic but when I returned to BJV yesterday the plane was still parked at the same place.

It is supposed to be in VIP configuration thus the assumption that the rich owner is having a good time in Bodrum enjoying vacations :)

Tkfan

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:35 am

Turkish777X wrote:
Any update?

What crash are you talking about??
The incident when a foreign carrier hit its tail while taxiing??
It was just recently on Jul 25th. No news on that.
Last edited by Tkfan on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

stylo777

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am

Turkish777X wrote:
Any update?

I've seen pictures of the ripped tail section taken that night. Pretty deep cut in my opinion, but I'm not an expert. Since the ground collission happened on the 26th of July, I believe it is still a reasonable amount of engineering time till today. Could also be a question of insurance grounding the aircraft since SCAT 737 was involved as well.

Just guesses though.....

Tkfan

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Avianca wrote:
Dear all,I am wondering how the BOG/PTY and HAV/CCS flights are doing?
these flights specially out of BOG/PTY were mostly with very low fares bookable, but these days seems to be gone.... Eco to Central Europe was around 700 and Business around 1700 USD --- now the fares are around 2000 and 3500 USD....
CCS I would understand that the fares went up due to more and more limitations out of CCS to Euorpe / Asia / MidEast.

cheers
Avianca

The fares to BOG suggests good loads, no?

I dont know what impact it has, Bogota has one of two offices of TIKA in Latin America to coordinate the works for all South America.
Maybe traffic increased the more projects they initiate.

http://www.tika.gov.tr/en#

https://m.facebook.com/TIKAColombia/

Yakamoz

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm

TC-JJS will be on ground for very long time some insiders told me.

stylo777 wrote:
Turkish777X wrote:
Any update?

I've seen pictures of the ripped tail section taken that night. Pretty deep cut in my opinion, but I'm not an expert. Since the ground collission happened on the 26th of July, I believe it is still a reasonable amount of engineering time till today. Could also be a question of insurance grounding the aircraft since SCAT 737 was involved as well.

Just guesses though.....

Could you share these Pictures with us? I couldn't find any detailed photo after this incident.

aldrigsomandre

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Is there any update on potential TK aircraft orders? Or any other Turkish carrier for that matter. Since recovery is faster than expected, does anyone think that airlines will be adding capacity?

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Is there any update on potential TK aircraft orders? Or any other Turkish carrier for that matter. Since recovery is faster than expected, does anyone think that airlines will be adding capacity?

I would not say "recovery is faster than expected", it is July and it is the peak of the summer season. A better picture will be the end of year numbers. Let's see how airlines do in the next 6-9 months.
In terms of orders;
-TK has a ton of orders in the books, but no Long Haul. We could see an order for 787/350 and 77X within the next few years. Also some 737/320 top off.
-Pegasus, AtlasGlobal, Sunexpress and Onur also will add capacity. But lets see who will challenge TK, flying Long Haul?? either to Americas or Asia??

ankaraflyjet

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

I guess its about time ESB IST opens up for airlines other than TK...ESB is growing a lot lately and is trapped by TK...

Tkfan wrote:

stylo777

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
TC-JJS will be on ground for very long time some insiders told me.

stylo777 wrote:
Turkish777X wrote:
Any update?

Just guesses though.....

Could you share these Pictures with us? I couldn't find any detailed photo after this incident.

I'll ask my colleague and try to upload it here (somehow...).

stylo777

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:49 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:
I guess its about time ESB IST opens up for airlines other than TK...ESB is growing a lot lately and is trapped by TK...

Tkfan wrote:

Yes, most definately it would be the best for the customer, but worst for TK. For some reason I believe that this route in particular is the most profitable in the entire domestic network, maybe LaxIntl does know? Even I contributed with thousands of TRY the past 2-3 years paying return fares from 350-650 TRY in Eco every month at least 2-3 times.
KK tried once, but couldn't get the route approval. They would fit best and are the only ones besides TK offering Business Class (which is probably a deciding factor for our dear politicians.....).

LLA001

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:59 am

stylo777 wrote:
LLA001 wrote:

It is supposed to be in VIP configuration thus the assumption that the rich owner is having a good time in Bodrum enjoying vacations :)

Must be a very private individual, I could not find any information about its to conversion to a private jet but I found a news link about its legal status and seizure.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... -debt-saga

Also you don't need to be rich to have fun at Bodrum, you just have to be rich enough to eat, drink and sleep there :P

Tkfan

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 am

Can anyone remember when the construction work of Istanbul Sabiha Gökcen new Terminal exactly began??
I did some search, most speak of May 2008. Opening was October 31, 2009.
So the terminal was built in 1,5 years??? :shock:

Amazing performance if true!!

Wikipedia:
In June 2007, Turkish conglomerate Limak Holding, India's GMR Group and Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad (MAHB) consortium gained the contract for upgrading and maintaining the airport. In mid-2008, ground was broken to upgrade the international terminal to handle 25 million passengers annually. The new terminal was inaugurated on 31 October 2009.

aldrigsomandre

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:57 am

TK787 wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

I would not say "recovery is faster than expected", it is July and it is the peak of the summer season. A better picture will be the end of year numbers. Let's see how airlines do in the next 6-9 months.
In terms of orders;
-TK has a ton of orders in the books, but no Long Haul. We could see an order for 787/350 and 77X within the next few years. Also some 737/320 top off.
-Pegasus, AtlasGlobal, Sunexpress and Onur also will add capacity. But lets see who will challenge TK, flying Long Haul?? either to Americas or Asia??

Thank you for your reply.

Weren't there plans for Onur to fly to China? And I had read that Atlas wanted to fly to India.
Will any of these plans become reality?

leftyboarder

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 am

TK loss for 2nd QTR is 194M TL, down from 656M TL last year. For the first 6 months of the year, this is 1615M TL vs 1894M TL last year.

http://investor.turkishairlines.com/documents/ThyInvestorRelations/download/finansal/2017_6_Aylik_Finansal_Rapor_-_TL.pdf

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos