dc10lover
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:48 am

dc10lover wrote:
UA is now using the E175 Pasco - Denver. Hope it's permanent. No more CRJ200's.


Link: https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KPSC
Ever Wish You Can Go Back In Time And Live In An Earlier Era Of Aviation?
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:16 am

SEA/PDX was an utter disaster today for Alaska/Horizon/SkyWest.
xx
 
Overthecascades
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:13 pm

What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:24 am

Seems out of sight for a while now - what’s new with?

1. DL?
2. New IAF?
3. New carriers? (AM!)
 
DarthLobster
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:40 am

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am

Beecher's in Terminal C now has an app. Makes it easier to order sandwiches.
 
Flightguy123
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:49 am

DarthLobster wrote:
Beecher's in Terminal C now has an app. Makes it easier to order sandwiches.

Ivars is loosing the restaurant soon and going to be mobile with a cart with just chowder. Quiznos and Cafe Del Agave shut down recently too. Good to know about the app. Sucks that I work in Terminal A however.
 
SeaTacFan
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:36 am

Just today (i.e., Saturday, 11/4), there was some chatter that sounded at least somewhat serious about Aer Lingus. How much it is grounded in actual fact, I couldn't say. But the tone of that conversation seems to have gone from, 'Yeah, maybe someday in the distant future' to 'Much sooner rather than later.' Would love to hear any other insight.

Also, it was barely a year ago that CX seemed imminent. Now, it seems farther away than ever from happening. Would also love to hear any other insight on that.
 
Overthecascades
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 am

Thai no more?
Good that Aeromexico came back
 
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:38 am

Overthecascades wrote:
Thai no more?
Good that Aeromexico came back


TG has been gone for over three decades!

Let SEA sit on ice for a bit. We've had a good decade and get way too much attention around here. ;)
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 pm

More snow today in SEA...falling but not sticking, and it's pretty cold still. Delays are at an average of 38 minutes now. This, combined with the gate shortages, must make it another hellish day there.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Some OAG updates for SEA today:
UA SFO-SEA MAR 10>9

UA might be slowly backing out of their near-shuttle service to SFO.
DL SEA-MCO APR 1.4>1.0 MAY 1.3>0.9

There's been a lot of small DL cuts at SEA lately. Some of them have been increases to mainline, but it makes me question the viability of some routes.
*AS SEA-ATL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-DFW FEB 3>2
AS SEA-FLL FEB 1.4>1.0
AS SEA-GTF MAR 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-IAH JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-LAS FEB 8>7
AS SEA-MCI JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-SJD APR 0.8>1.1 MAY 0>0.2
AS SEA-STL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0

Seasonal reductions???
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Not exactly related to Washington state, but the end is near for Alaska's 737-400. There's only one left, and Wikipedia says that it was scheduled to be retired yesterday, even though it's flying today. All it does is flights in Alaska and its lone Lower 48 flight is SEA-SMF. Even though I've never flown on one, I'll miss them. I can remember even 2 years ago it seemed like 20% of the Alaska jets on approach were 737-400s, and I got some good pictures of the jets. Luckily, most of them are getting a new life in cargo or passenger service.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
mict
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:55 pm

So I just moved from DTW area to SEA and was surprised to see how operations were affected by the snow yesterday.
Was it because they weren't prepared to see snow this early in the year or is it always like this when it snows here?
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 pm

mict wrote:
So I just moved from DTW area to SEA and was surprised to see how operations were affected by the snow yesterday.
Was it because they weren't prepared to see snow this early in the year or is it always like this when it snows here?

It's almost always like this. The airport doesn't have enough deicing equipment, and when it snows, the airport can accept arrivals faster than it can with departures. All off these factors combined with the gate shortage makes the airport a mess during times of inclement weather.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm wondering if F9 is still committed to starting SEA-CVG. It's one of only a few routes that hasn't had booking opened from the major July expansion, and in a recent article about new destinations from CVG on F9, SEA was excluded from the list. This is surprising because I would have thought that SEA-CVG would be a slam dunk for F9, especially if they make it a connecting hub like rumors have suggested.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1033
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm

717atOGG wrote:
I'm wondering if F9 is still committed to starting SEA-CVG. It's one of only a few routes that hasn't had booking opened from the major July expansion, and in a recent article about new destinations from CVG on F9, SEA was excluded from the list. This is surprising because I would have thought that SEA-CVG would be a slam dunk for F9, especially if they make it a connecting hub like rumors have suggested.

I am also surprised it has not been added to the schedule, the only thing I can think is that it will start in June/July and they have not figured out the aircraft routing yet. I think they still have more to add for the summer at CVG, because right now their spring and summer capacities are scheduled to be the same. Last year, F9 increased the frequencies/added new routes for the summer early in the year, I would expect the same to happen this year. Eventually, I think its pretty likely that they end up doing 3x/wk to PDX and 4x/wk to SEA like they do in CLE.

It is also possible that DL extending its CVG-SEA season (to hopefully year round for 2018/2019) scared off F9. If that is the case, I wonder if G4 will go for CVG-BLI, they have expanded to practically every other place in the US from CVG, so it would make a logical next choice.
Next: CVG-CDG-ATH (Delta Air Lines B767-300ER, Air France A319)
A319/320/332, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
Jshank83
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:55 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Some OAG updates for SEA today:
UA SFO-SEA MAR 10>9

UA might be slowly backing out of their near-shuttle service to SFO.
DL SEA-MCO APR 1.4>1.0 MAY 1.3>0.9

There's been a lot of small DL cuts at SEA lately. Some of them have been increases to mainline, but it makes me question the viability of some routes.
*AS SEA-ATL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-DFW FEB 3>2
AS SEA-FLL FEB 1.4>1.0
AS SEA-GTF MAR 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-IAH JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-LAS FEB 8>7
AS SEA-MCI JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-SJD APR 0.8>1.1 MAY 0>0.2
AS SEA-STL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0

Seasonal reductions???



Part of me wonders if this still stems from the horizon issues. STL was 2x with 1 mainline and 1 RJ for most of the year. Now maybe they don't have the RJ to go on it so they are just dropping it off of it for now (like PDX-STL). Jan/Feb loads aren't usually all that great from SEA/PDX to the midwest spots anyways. When it is scheduled to come back to 2x daily it is 2 mainlines with one being redeye.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 am

Jshank83 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
Some OAG updates for SEA today:
UA SFO-SEA MAR 10>9

UA might be slowly backing out of their near-shuttle service to SFO.
DL SEA-MCO APR 1.4>1.0 MAY 1.3>0.9

There's been a lot of small DL cuts at SEA lately. Some of them have been increases to mainline, but it makes me question the viability of some routes.
*AS SEA-ATL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-DFW FEB 3>2
AS SEA-FLL FEB 1.4>1.0
AS SEA-GTF MAR 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-IAH JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0
AS SEA-LAS FEB 8>7
AS SEA-MCI JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.5>1.0
AS SEA-SJD APR 0.8>1.1 MAY 0>0.2
AS SEA-STL JAN 1.7>1.2 FEB 1.7>1.0

Seasonal reductions???



Part of me wonders if this still stems from the horizon issues. STL was 2x with 1 mainline and 1 RJ for most of the year. Now maybe they don't have the RJ to go on it so they are just dropping it off of it for now (like PDX-STL). Jan/Feb loads aren't usually all that great from SEA/PDX to the midwest spots anyways. When it is scheduled to come back to 2x daily it is 2 mainlines with one being redeye.

You're probably right. DFW, GTF, IAH, LAS, and MCI are probably seasonal reductions, and SJD is most likely reflecting the flight ending, because it's a winter seasonal flight, which would make it logical for STL to be a Horizon reduction.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:17 am

Does anyone have any insight on how DY is doing on SEA-LGW? The route has been around for about a month and a half and I'm curious to see how it performs going into the low season for European travel. DY already said that they have the intention to start SEA-OSL for Fall 2018. I would imagine that it'd be 2x weekly with a 788 to start. I don't know where the majority of Nordic travel is to/from SEA, but I could see them maybe starting ARN or CPH in S19 if OSL does well. Someone else might want to give feedback on this, but perhaps a summer seasonal SEA-FCO or BCN, sub-daily, could work. I think that there could at least be enough tourist/cruise traffic to sustain one, but most likely not both of these potential routes. DY entering SEA is a good thing for travelers here, because based on Condor's success here, many SEA travelers prefer low-cost long-haul compared to the legacies.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
n7371f
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:54 am

717atOGG wrote:
n7371f wrote:
WN is not bringing back GEG-SAN nonstops for next summer.

That's too bad. On the bright side, it leaves an open door for AS to start the route.


AS way too wrapped up in other stuff to give GEG a sniff.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 am

DL also a mess in SEA today. One hour late out of GEG...then spent 2:20 sitting on the tarmac at SEA waiting for A2 to open. I kid you not. Finally got a gate change at 2:00 hours but that took another 20 min.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 am

Yesterday and today VS used the A346 on SEA-LHR. Did anyone get pics? If so, I'd love to see them because the A340 isn't exactly a common visitor to SEA anymore.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 2758
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:02 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Does anyone have any insight on how DY is doing on SEA-LGW? The route has been around for about a month and a half and I'm curious to see how it performs going into the low season for European travel. DY already said that they have the intention to start SEA-OSL for Fall 2018. I would imagine that it'd be 2x weekly with a 788 to start. I don't know where the majority of Nordic travel is to/from SEA, but I could see them maybe starting ARN or CPH in S19 if OSL does well. Someone else might want to give feedback on this, but perhaps a summer seasonal SEA-FCO or BCN, sub-daily, could work. I think that there could at least be enough tourist/cruise traffic to sustain one, but most likely not both of these potential routes. DY entering SEA is a good thing for travelers here, because based on Condor's success here, many SEA travelers prefer low-cost long-haul compared to the legacies.

This is anecdotal at best, but the LF numbers I've seen are pretty good so far. I volunteer once a week at SEA and we get a list of all inbound international flights with # of seats and # of pax per flight, and DY is consistently near full on the LGW/SEA portion. Of course, this is a one day per week snapshot and doesn't have any info on SEA/LGW. I would think the numbers will be lower between now and next spring however.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm

*DL SEA-AUS MAR 1.9>1.0 APR 1.9>1.0 MAY 1.9>1.0 JUN 1.8>1.0 JUL 1.7>1.0

Starting in March SEA-AUS is going from 2x A319 to 1x 738. While the frequency loss is unfortunate, it opens up an opportunity for DL to open up a new flight from that gate.
DL SEA-ORD MAR 3>2

And, just for the month of March, SEA-ORD is 2x daily.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
masonh2479
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:40 pm

717atOGG wrote:
*DL SEA-AUS MAR 1.9>1.0 APR 1.9>1.0 MAY 1.9>1.0 JUN 1.8>1.0 JUL 1.7>1.0

Starting in March SEA-AUS is going from 2x A319 to 1x 738. While the frequency loss is unfortunate, it opens up an opportunity for DL to open up a new flight from that gate.
DL SEA-ORD MAR 3>2

And, just for the month of March, SEA-ORD is 2x daily.

At least the airplane size is going up. This isn't as bad if for se the route was going from 1.9 to 1 and the aircraft was from an a319 to a 717. Just checked Delta's website and the airplane looks to be an A319 on Sundays and a 738 every other day effective March 2
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm

I saw in the Travel, Polls, and Preferences forum that user eicvd said that SEA-DUB is rumored to be announced by EI on Friday.
More flights to the big US cities like SEA (rumoured to be announced by EI on Fri)


Exciting if true! Any guesses on frequency and aircraft type? I think it'd be 4x weekly with A332. Not only would there be a good amount of O&D, there would be sufficient tech traffic (Silicon Docks) to fill up J, and DUB is ideally located for European connections.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am

717atOGG wrote:
I saw in the Travel, Polls, and Preferences forum that user eicvd said that SEA-DUB is rumored to be announced by EI on Friday.
More flights to the big US cities like SEA (rumoured to be announced by EI on Fri)


Exciting if true! Any guesses on frequency and aircraft type? I think it'd be 4x weekly with A332. Not only would there be a good amount of O&D, there would be sufficient tech traffic (Silicon Docks) to fill up J, and DUB is ideally located for European connections.


I think 3 to 4 weekly flights on EI would be quite the treat. I'm sure Ireland would be quite a popular route during the summer months.
 
iamlucky13
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:21 am

717atOGG wrote:
I saw in the Travel, Polls, and Preferences forum that user eicvd said that SEA-DUB is rumored to be announced by EI on Friday.
More flights to the big US cities like SEA (rumoured to be announced by EI on Fri)


Exciting if true! Any guesses on frequency and aircraft type? I think it'd be 4x weekly with A332. Not only would there be a good amount of O&D, there would be sufficient tech traffic (Silicon Docks) to fill up J, and DUB is ideally located for European connections.


D'oh!

I had already drawn up comparisons on GCMAP trying to figure out what you could possibly be thinking before it clicked that DUB is Dublin, not Dubai, and EI is not Etihad.

I miss the feature where a.net used to be able to provide tooltips to translate IATA/ICAO codes.

Anyways, that could be relevant for me. Flying into Dublin and taking a bus to Northern Ireland might be something to look into if I have any more work trips there.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 am

We in SEA love seeing new international carriers! But where are they going to park??? I was eating at the A-Concourse getting lunch before my flight. I was dumfounded by the number of international flights moving in and out...including the LH 747-8i.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
We in SEA love seeing new international carriers! But where are they going to park??? I was eating at the A-Concourse getting lunch before my flight. I was dumfounded by the number of international flights moving in and out...including the LH 747-8i.

I'd guess that EI would park either at S and just leave later in the evening (9 pm-ish) after the Europe rush, or, more unlikely, that they'd board from A and just use S for customs. Gosh, SEA needed that new IAF yesterday.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 pm

So...as mentioned in the other thread, AS added SEA-PIT. Sounds like it'll do excellent, like SEA-IND. It'd also help PIT in getting HQ2. Great add for SEA, and it pretty much perfectly rounds out Alaska's SEA network.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
User avatar
grommitt
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:37 am

717atOGG wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
We in SEA love seeing new international carriers! But where are they going to park??? I was eating at the A-Concourse getting lunch before my flight. I was dumfounded by the number of international flights moving in and out...including the LH 747-8i.

I'd guess that EI would park either at S and just leave later in the evening (9 pm-ish) after the Europe rush, or, more unlikely, that they'd board from A and just use S for customs. Gosh, SEA needed that new IAF yesterday.


DUB originating flights would not need to utilize S gates for Customs and Border Control, that is done in Terminal 2 at DUB at US pre-clearance. An Aer Lingus flight could park at any domestic gate at SEA.
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 am

Good to hear about PIT. US used to fly it.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 am

Serious question. Alaska / Skywest is using the CRJ 200. Shouldn't it be best to use the 50 passenger jet in smaller cities (Wenatchee & Yakima) and use the 76 passenger Q400 in Pasco plus Spokane - Portland route?
Ever Wish You Can Go Back In Time And Live In An Earlier Era Of Aviation?
 
n7371f
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:47 am

dc10lover wrote:
Serious question. Alaska / Skywest is using the CRJ 200. Shouldn't it be best to use the 50 passenger jet in smaller cities (Wenatchee & Yakima) and use the 76 passenger Q400 in Pasco plus Spokane - Portland route?


SkyWest doesn't have any ground equipment or anything beyond that at those stations. That's one reason.
 
seatrump
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:33 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:14 am

Skywest goes where AS tells them. They don't use their own ground equipment at any of the AS stations, it is all handled by QX or their ground handlers. Over the coming months, the CRJs will phase out but more 175s are coming.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:43 pm

It's official!
4x weekly, year-round, from May 2018.
https://www.irishcentral.com/travel/tra ... to-seattle
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Thank you for the update about the crj200's.
Ever Wish You Can Go Back In Time And Live In An Earlier Era Of Aviation?
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Overthecascades wrote:
Seems out of sight for a while now - what’s new with?

1. DL?
2. New IAF?
3. New carriers? (AM!)

DL is doing good in SEA as far as I can tell, and I feel that there's enough room for the two airlines to coexist nicely, demand-wise. There's increases to mainline and E175, explaining some OAG cuts. For example, SEA-SAN has 3 E175 and 2 717 in April, SEA-DEN is all 717, and SEA-SMF is all E175, and it saw CR7s on the route as recent as last year. SEA is kind of a rolling hub for DL, but I can find a few domestic connections. (DEN-YVR, ANC-SJC, ORD-PDX) There are some routes that I can see DL throwing in a few 717 or A319's on, like SJC, PHX, and SNA. Some other upgauges that I've noticed are MKE going to A319 and HKG going to 772 in March, and a YVR and an ORD flight being switched to a 738 in June. The IAF has a few delays in construction IIRC, but that doesn't seem to stop airlines from adding international flights. (EI to DUB) I'm sure that all the new carriers are doing well. VS has a 75% load factor for April, which is better than DL had on SEA-LHR at the same time last year. DY, from what I've heard on here, has strong loads, and they're planning to add OSL next fall. AM is a little bit soon to tell. Overall, the future looks bright at SEA.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
Overthecascades
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:53 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Overthecascades wrote:
Seems out of sight for a while now - what’s new with?

1. DL?
2. New IAF?
3. New carriers? (AM!)

DL is doing good in SEA as far as I can tell, and I feel that there's enough room for the two airlines to coexist nicely, demand-wise. There's increases to mainline and E175, explaining some OAG cuts. For example, SEA-SAN has 3 E175 and 2 717 in April, SEA-DEN is all 717, and SEA-SMF is all E175, and it saw CR7s on the route as recent as last year. SEA is kind of a rolling hub for DL, but I can find a few domestic connections. (DEN-YVR, ANC-SJC, ORD-PDX) There are some routes that I can see DL throwing in a few 717 or A319's on, like SJC, PHX, and SNA. Some other upgauges that I've noticed are MKE going to A319 and HKG going to 772 in March, and a YVR and an ORD flight being switched to a 738 in June. The IAF has a few delays in construction IIRC, but that doesn't seem to stop airlines from adding international flights. (EI to DUB) I'm sure that all the new carriers are doing well. VS has a 75% load factor for April, which is better than DL had on SEA-LHR at the same time last year. DY, from what I've heard on here, has strong loads, and they're planning to add OSL next fall. AM is a little bit soon to tell. Overall, the future looks bright at SEA.


The IAF drawings I’ve seen seem to show a long walk after international travel through the bridge and then thru baggage claim. Is that a concern? Has anyone else raised that question before?
 
BA
Posts: 10217
Joined: Fri May 19, 2000 11:06 am

Re: What’s new at SeaTac??

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Overthecascades wrote:
The IAF drawings I’ve seen seem to show a long walk after international travel through the bridge and then thru baggage claim. Is that a concern? Has anyone else raised that question before?


It's really not that long. It's shorter than walking to the end of Concourse A.

And just like Concourse A, the sky bridge will have travelators.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 am

I still hope SurfAir comes to Seattle / Pacific Northwest. They may be hurting for pilots also.
Ever Wish You Can Go Back In Time And Live In An Earlier Era Of Aviation?
 
flyinggoat
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:38 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 am

I saw an LH 748 at SEA on Wednesday the 8th. Was that temporary, or is LH sending the 748 to SEA now?
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:51 am

flyinggoat wrote:
I saw an LH 748 at SEA on Wednesday the 8th. Was that temporary, or is LH sending the 748 to SEA now?



I believe they are using it for November. I can't remember if it ends in December or continues through Christmas season.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 am

seatrump wrote:
Skywest goes where AS tells them. They don't use their own ground equipment at any of the AS stations, it is all handled by QX or their ground handlers. Over the coming months, the CRJs will phase out but more 175s are coming.


There have been a handful of AOG's due to ground equipment collisions cited b/c of the low wing of the CR2. OO had a couple of them out of service the other week.
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:32 am

SeaDoo wrote:
flyinggoat wrote:
I saw an LH 748 at SEA on Wednesday the 8th. Was that temporary, or is LH sending the 748 to SEA now?



I believe they are using it for November. I can't remember if it ends in December or continues through Christmas season.

It goes through December 31st IIRC. I'm trying to find a good excuse to go to SEA on a weekend to spot it and hopefully get a picture.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 am

SY is making SEA-MSP seasonal according to their website. It ends on January 8 and returns April 17. Makes sense, with their route map changing, AS and DL having high frequency service, and the slow winter season. Unfortunate though, because they offered relatively easy, cheap connections to BOS, JFK, and DCA. They had a pretty strong load factor in winter, but SY probably has bigger fish to fry than SEA-MSP in the winter.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
717atOGG
Topic Author
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:27 am

SEA-PHX is now 3x 717 and 1x E175 in June. Nice to hear this, because it was all E75 and CR9 last year. Even though there's frequency reductions, it's good to see more mainline at SEA from DL.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:46 am

Keep in mind that what DL posts today is simply a snapshot in time. Schedules and frequencies change all the time!
 
jonair8
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:32 am

Overall, if one looks at the 2018 scheduling, DL's plan for SEA (and LAX in this case) is to migrate away from CR7s and CR9s and more toward E75s and E7Ws. Routes where we once saw the CR7 will most likely have either a CP or OO E175, and the CRJs that once were in SEA/LAX will be focused more toward SLC/MSP. It is probably another ploy by DL to gain market share on the west coast by flying the more roomier and desirable aircraft over the CRJs in the more competitive markets.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State air service discussion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 am

The EMB-175's are definitely a better airliner by far than the CRJ-200's, CRJ-700's and CRJ-900's. I can't say for the EMB-190's. Anyway, I flew both DL's and AS's EMB-175 and the fact that DL is moving more of the E75's to west coast a good call!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos