Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cvgspotter15

Re: AS 30 more markets by 2018

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm

717atOGG wrote:
I think that most of this flying will be with the E-Jets, as they only have some A321N on order, as well as 11 739s. That being said, I could see the E-Jets replacing some mainline and Q400 flying to start new transcon routes with the 737 and A320, and I hope that some Qs displaced from SEA and PDX could be used to launch new CA routes. SFO-SBA/LGB/BUR/FAT/RNO/EUG/MFR, anyone? Also, about SEA-CLE, it's possible since F9 is cutting that route, but SEA-CVG feels less likely since it has 2 airlines on it soon since Frontier is starting it.

CVG desperately needs a flight to PDX however. Not sure how likely the first add will be PDX but still the PAX is there. CVG-SEA on F9 is spring/summer seasonal and CVG-SEA on Delta is Summer early fall seasonal.

Caveman1

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Daytona Beach anyone???

Let the laughing begin!

Chugach

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm looking forward to ADK-PKC on the Q400.

PDX757

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I hope PDX sees some new adds. But my inner cynic knows most adds will be at SEA/SFO/LAX

rajincajun01

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 pm

ANA787 wrote:
PDX-DEN PLEASE!

It is in the works. Won't be mainline.

loisencroach
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Chugach wrote:
I'm looking forward to ADK-PKC on the Q400.

They'd have to cycle the aircraft back and forth from the OME-Russia runs. ADK would require them to pad the overhead bins as well because of the winds.

Jshank83

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:23 pm

I would like to see STL-SFO on a 175 just because I travel that route a lot. 30 is a lot of new adds so we will see.

Midwestindy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
I think that most of this flying will be with the E-Jets, as they only have some A321N on order, as well as 11 739s. That being said, I could see the E-Jets replacing some mainline and Q400 flying to start new transcon routes with the 737 and A320, and I hope that some Qs displaced from SEA and PDX could be used to launch new CA routes. SFO-SBA/LGB/BUR/FAT/RNO/EUG/MFR, anyone? Also, about SEA-CLE, it's possible since F9 is cutting that route, but SEA-CVG feels less likely since it has 2 airlines on it soon since Frontier is starting it.

CVG desperately needs a flight to PDX however. Not sure how likely the first add will be PDX but still the PAX is there. CVG-SEA on F9 is spring/summer seasonal and CVG-SEA on Delta is Summer early fall seasonal.

Yeah, sorry to play party pooper here, but "CVG desperately needs a flight to PDX?" Why?

CVG needs to get AS to SEA first before PDX comes into play, and even when it does get SEA, there is a host of other cities that have higher PDEW to PDX that will likely come before CVG...

VCEflyboy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Good news but sad to hear they're dropping the virgin brand. Do they have to pay richard Brandon royalties to use the Virgin trademark? The virgin brand is quite fresh and appealing.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:28 pm

32andBelow wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
loisencroach wrote:

First time I've heard that. If that is true, it was implemented no sooner than 2015 as that is when SkyWest cancelled CIC.

IIRC, a number of years ago there was some discussion about limiting the size of aircraft that can serve SFO, as in nothing less than 50 seats. I don't think it was specifically aimed at props. It apparently never happened, but I don't know. It's conceivable AS could throw some Q400's to places like SBP, SBA, EUG, MFR, ACV but I would expect they would look at some mid-to long transcons with mainline and E75s.
AS already has code on ACV

Via? PDX? SEA? I know they don't fly it from SFO. Are they code sharing with UA?

flyfresno

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:28 pm

From the valley:

Rumors out of FAT are SNA (slots?) and HNL, but I suppose SFO has an outside chance too.

Could see more Mexico resort flights from CA and other western markets (like the new SMF-SJD). Perhaps expanded SMF-SJD if 1X per week works, and perhaps PVR. LAX is also a possibility from SMF.

Could BFL finally get a new major airline after all these years? Maybe 1X SEA?

loisencroach
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:32 pm

flyfresno wrote:

Is there a market for BFL-SAN or is I-5 too viable of an option?

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

[quote="SCHATC422"]I guarantee AS will be flying into BDL next year as part of this expansion. Wouldn't surprise me if they announced SEA, but also LAX to compete with AA on the route from Hartford. We'll see, but it's hig

Moderators can you delete this? Duplicate post when I tried to correct a spelling error.
Last edited by AAvgeek744 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

SCHATC422 wrote:
I guarantee AS will be flying into BDL next year as part of this expansion. Wouldn't surprise me if they announced SEA, but also LAX to compete with AA on the route from Hartford. We'll see, but it's highly likely that AS will be coming to Hartford, CT as part of this expansion.

Bold prediction. As is posted, the PDEW isn't all that great from BDL. SEA...maybe. LAX...no.

flyfresno

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 pm

loisencroach wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

Maybe...it's only like 3 hours at 1AM, but 4-5 in traffic...even still, I would doubt it.

lhpdx

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:39 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see AS connect more dots out of it's PDX hub...........

SANFan

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:45 pm

amadorE175 wrote:
I can only hope for more flights to/from SMF. The new SMF-SAN flight has been a nice alternative to Southwest. Anyone have an idea of how well it's been doing? It'd be great to have more AS options out of SMF.

AAG has reported for over a year now that there would be plenty of intra-CA growth. I'm sure there will be new routes added between SMF and many of the LA-area airports; maybe even a couple of fights to the Bay Area? I also expect to see OAK connected with several So Cal airport, including at least SAN and LAX. If there are out-of-state routes that are unserved or even under-served from SMF and OAK, AS will jump on them if their research says they can make money.

Midwestindy wrote:
SAN/PDX-IND are coming soon...

Since you present this as a fact, source please?

WN has already started SAN-IND -- my theory is because they suspected, or knew, that AS was planning on adding the route soon, which they still might. The route could certainly support 1 daily year-round 737 but I don't know about double-daily... (For 2016, the route averaged 133 PDEW all year.)

PDX-IND had an average 89 PDEW for all of 2016; possibly AS could make that work, maybe on a seasonal basis? (They could run an EMJ on the route but I believe that's pushing AS's range limit of the a/c.)

I do look forward to the next round of AAG new route announcements! Hopefully they will be coming soon!

bb

Cvgspotter15

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:59 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:

Yeah, sorry to play party pooper here, but "CVG desperately needs a flight to PDX?" Why?

CVG needs to get AS to SEA first before PDX comes into play, and even when it does get SEA, there is a host of other cities that have higher PDEW to PDX that will likely come before CVG...

CVG's PAX is fine to seattle. We dont have a nonstop to PDX nd the PAX is higher.

Midwestindy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 am

SANFan wrote:
amadorE175 wrote:
I can only hope for more flights to/from SMF. The new SMF-SAN flight has been a nice alternative to Southwest. Anyone have an idea of how well it's been doing? It'd be great to have more AS options out of SMF.

AAG has reported for over a year now that there would be plenty of intra-CA growth. I'm sure there will be new routes added between SMF and many of the LA-area airports; maybe even a couple of fights to the Bay Area? I also expect to see OAK connected with several So Cal airport, including at least SAN and LAX. If there are out-of-state routes that are unserved or even under-served from SMF and OAK, AS will jump on them if their research says they can make money.

Midwestindy wrote:

WN has already started SAN-IND -- my theory is because they suspected, or knew, that AS was planning on adding the route soon, which they still might. The route could certainly support 1 daily year-round 737 but I don't know about double-daily... (For 2016, the route averaged 133 PDEW all year.)

PDX-IND had an average 89 PDEW for all of 2016; possibly AS could make that work, maybe on a seasonal basis? (They could run an EMJ on the route but I believe that's pushing AS's range limit of the a/c.)

I do look forward to the next round of AAG new route announcements! Hopefully they will be coming soon!

bb

My sources are the IND airport director and Alaska itself... http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/st ... -even-more, and the director of IND said to expect more service on the IND-SAN route (hmmmm... wonder who that could be). PDX-IND would be seasonal most likely, and SAN would be who knows...

Yes, I do realize that IND is at the limit in terms of range for the EMJ, but all indications have been pointing towards these routes coming soon...

usxguy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am

Will be interesting to see how Horizon is expected to manage all this growth when they can't staff the Q's right now. I betya AAG will move some E175 slots over to OO soon.

Midwestindy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:

CVG's PAX is fine to seattle. We dont have a nonstop to PDX nd the PAX is higher.

I just chose a random month
Q2-2016 (Both ways combined) --Bold without any service to PDX, without bold is service to PDX but not on AS
IAH/HOU-431
MIA(metro)-267
BNA-234
CLT-234
MSY-229
CLE-212
IND-188
RDU-185
SAT-173
TPA-145
CMH-130
OKC-120
PIT-126

CVG-112

CVG is pretty far down that list...

SANFan

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 am

loisencroach wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

I've thought about that possible route and I kind of doubt the Q could be profitable on it. It is a yuck! drive but with FAT-SAN pretty close to BFL, I would be surprised.

I think more viable might be SAN-SBA; I would bet the market is larger than SAN-BFL, and maybe even more popular for tourists. Amtrak used to -- and still does? -- operate fairly convenient thru service between SAN and SBA that I think was pretty popular. I imagine some of those riders might be willing to pay for a 1 hour plane ride instead. And SBA is already an Alaska station.

bb

SANFan

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am

Midwestindy wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

My sources are the IND airport director and Alaska itself... http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/st ... -even-more, and the director of IND said to expect more service on the IND-SAN route (hmmmm... wonder who that could be). PDX-IND would be seasonal most likely, and SAN would be who knows...

Yes, I do realize that IND is at the limit in terms of range for the EMJ, but all indications have been pointing towards these routes coming soon...

Ahhh, thank you Midwest'. Very interesting to hear. (And it's always nice to have one's ideas confirmed as possible by those in the know.)

As I've posted elsewhere -- perhaps including the IND-thread -- since WN started their IND-SAN route as seasonal, and it ends, for 'the season' this Labor Day, and as of yet is not scheduled yet with a start date in 2018, it would be wonderful if AAG could sneak in there in early 2018, while WN has no service in the market. If AAG uses an EMJ, which I would hate to see, they should have no trouble running a flight year-round. But it would be a long flight.

Appreciate the info and I look forward to seeing AS flying between IND and SAN!

bb

Meteorologist

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 am

I'd love to see AS on PIT-SEA. Service to the west is pretty abysmal from here. I don't hold a lot of hope, though, given the failure on AA/UA to LAX, on again/off again UA to SFO, and no DL to SLC.

PDX757

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 am

flyfresno wrote:

I just moved to BFL from PDX last month. I would love to see service to the PNW but I have doubts as to how viable it would be. Sure LAX is 120 miles down I-5, but with traffic it's quite a bit longer. BUR is a bit closer. Any BFL originating pax can connect in SFO DEN or PHX, pretty good connections from there without having to go 800 miles north.

bdlflyer

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 am

Midwestindy wrote:
SCHATC422 wrote:
I guarantee AS will be flying into BDL next year as part of this expansion. Wouldn't surprise me if they announced SEA, but also LAX to compete with AA on the route from Hartford. We'll see, but it's highly likely that AS will be coming to Hartford, CT as part of this expansion.

There isn't an enormous PDEW demand on BDL-SEA(97 PDEW), AS doesn't have a lot of excess 737s to spare and the e175 doesn't have the range to fly SEA/LAX-BDL. However, there is enough room for AS to fly LAX-BDL, I just don't know what aircraft they would use...

Interesting analysis; this source cites anticipated daily nonstop service to Seattle (SEA) from BDL in early 2018. Per old data from 2004, total average daily passengers [both directions combined] between and BDL and SEA nonstop was 142. Seattle is the fourth largest market without nonstop service out of BDL and one of Seattle’s largest unserved nonstop markets [Based on O&D passengers and estimated leakage for 12 months ending September 2016]. Out of curiosity, could the service be seasonal under Virgin America on the A319? Source: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... _DRAFT.pdf
Last edited by bdlflyer on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 am

The question I have is that a lot of the mid-con and trans-con flights eat up a lot of aircraft time. What is the appropriate balance of mid-con & transcons versus short-haul intra-West Coast flights they need to do to acheive their financial objectives?

This is the balance that WN has gone back with over the years, and pulled back on trans-con mid-cons and increased the segments per day per aircraft.
Granted AS flies red-eyes, WN does not.

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 am

THIRTY cities? Couldn't market be defined as a route set? IE Alaska is offers service in the SLC-SFO market? 30 new routes is already alot to accomplish by 2018 IMHO

I think Alaska do more in Ski markets then it does. SJC-EGE, SAN-EGE could all work, maybe less then daily but those routes tend to bring in really high fares if you can get the seasonality of them down.

Cvgspotter15

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I just chose a random month
Q2-2016 (Both ways combined) --Bold without any service to PDX, without bold is service to PDX but not on AS
IAH/HOU-431
MIA(metro)-267
BNA-234
CLT-234
MSY-229
CLE-212
IND-188
RDU-185
SAT-173
TPA-145
CMH-130
OKC-120
PIT-126

CVG-112

CVG is pretty far down that list...

Top 30 tho. Yes I realize all 30 aren't going to be PDX. I would say Delta or Frintier will pick up that route soon.

TheZ

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 am

We haven't seen nonstop SEA-MEM service in years, I'd sure love to have it back! :crossfingers:

dc10lover

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:44 am

Instead of flying to Seattle & Portland all the time from Spokane, why not Spokane to California routes?

MaxTrimm

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 am

dc10lover wrote:
Instead of flying to Seattle & Portland all the time from Spokane, why not Spokane to California routes?

Someone needed to say it!

SANFan

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:20 am

dc10lover wrote:

I would be very surprised if GEG to LA, SAN and the Bay Area weren't announced soon, and hopefully start in 2018.

I can speak about GEG-SAN. QX has served the route several times in the past. The current pax stats are very similar to BOI-SAN which has been served by QX for a few years now. (I do know that BOI-SAN was subsidized -- if necessary -- in the beginning by some element in Idaho but I doubt any support for the route was ever really needed.)

WN is now operating GEG-SAN, seasonally, so I hope AAG will jump into the route with their much better-sized EMJ, and serve the market year-round.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
I think Alaska do more in Ski markets then it does. SJC-EGE, SAN-EGE could all work, maybe less then daily but those routes tend to bring in really high fares if you can get the seasonality of them down.

I can again speak about SAN. We now have 2 ski-routes -- MMH and HDN. I have no idea how they perform but I do know that MMH is subsidized by Mammoth, and I suspect HDN might also be heavily supported by the Colorado end of the route. I would suspect that if AAG got some help from other ski areas, we would see more such routes. I'd love to see service from SAN to Sun Valley, Tahoe, Vail, Taos, etc. But I'm sure AS wouldn't finance any routes without help -- not from SAN anyway. (I have no idea about SJC or PDX.)

bb

gmcc

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 am

SANFan wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

I would be very surprised if GEG to LA, SAN and the Bay Area weren't announced soon, and hopefully start in 2018.

bb

Since we are playing the game I could see a SNA-STS-GEG working. Probably a little too much time wise to make it work in a Q but might work when the get more 175's

n7371f

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 am

SANFan wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

I can speak about GEG-SAN. QX has served the route several times in the past. The current pax stats are very similar to BOI-SAN which has been served by QX for a few years now. (I do know that BOI-SAN was subsidized -- if necessary -- in the beginning by some element in Idaho but I doubt any support for the route was ever really needed.)

WN is now operating GEG-SAN, seasonally, so I hope AAG will jump into the route with their much better-sized EMJ, and serve the market year-round.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

I can again speak about SAN. We now have 2 ski-routes -- MMH and HDN. I have no idea how they perform but I do know that MMH is subsidized by Mammoth, and I suspect HDN might also be heavily supported by the Colorado end of the route. I would suspect that if AAG got some help from other ski areas, we would see more such routes. I'd love to see service from SAN to Sun Valley, Tahoe, Vail, Taos, etc. But I'm sure AS wouldn't finance any routes without help -- not from SAN anyway. (I have no idea about SJC or PDX.)

bb

Great post. I was going to bring this up. GEG has a HUGE concentration of MVP members. The E75 is the perfect aircraft to run GEG-Bay Area/LA/SAN maybe even PHX. And since QX already has a maintenance base across the field, it could easily be converted into an E75 base.

That said, AS to this point has ignored GEG. WN is likely to move SAN to daily based on early results. AA is being targeted for additional LAX nonstops. UA has set-up SFO and all the connections. And there's DL running 6-8 GEG-SEA and perhaps a 2nd LAX nonstop next spring. With all this, AS risks being late to the game in GEG.

PlanesNTrains

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 am

n7371f wrote:
Great post. I was going to bring this up. GEG has a HUGE concentration of MVP members. The E75 is the perfect aircraft to run GEG-Bay Area/LA/SAN maybe even PHX. And since QX already has a maintenance base across the field, it could easily be converted into an E75 base.

That said, AS to this point has ignored GEG. WN is likely to move SAN to daily based on early results. AA is being targeted for additional LAX nonstops. UA has set-up SFO and all the connections. And there's DL running 6-8 GEG-SEA and perhaps a 2nd LAX nonstop next spring. With all this, AS risks being late to the game in GEG.

With the additional E175s coming on board, and with their track record of re-entering the GEG bypass-Seattle routes in the face of competition, I'd imagine they will look at several different adds. SFO and LAX seem like logical adds, though I don't know their gate situation in either.

Midwestindy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:

Top 30 tho. Yes I realize all 30 aren't going to be PDX. I would say Delta or Frontier will pick up that route soon.

As discussed earlier, AS defines "markets" as "routes", therefore it means that AS isn't likely to announce 30 cities but instead announce thirty new 30 routes. However, I still hope that CVG gets service to PDX soon, whether it's from AS, DL, or F9.

Midwestindy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:03 am

bdlflyer wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
SCHATC422 wrote:

There isn't an enormous PDEW demand on BDL-SEA(97 PDEW), AS doesn't have a lot of excess 737s to spare and the e175 doesn't have the range to fly SEA/LAX-BDL. However, there is enough room for AS to fly LAX-BDL, I just don't know what aircraft they would use...

Interesting analysis; this source cites anticipated daily nonstop service to Seattle (SEA) from BDL in early 2018. Per old data from 2004, total average daily passengers [both directions combined] between and BDL and SEA nonstop was 142. Seattle is the fourth largest market without nonstop service out of BDL and one of Seattle’s largest unserved nonstop markets [Based on O&D passengers and estimated leakage for 12 months ending September 2016]. Out of curiosity, could the service be seasonal under Virgin America on the A319? Source: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... _DRAFT.pdf

BDL-SEA PDEW data 2016
69 PDEW Q4
97 PDEW Q3
79 PDEW Q2
48 PDEW Q1
I understand there is some leakage, but I assume there isn't 70-100 PDEW worth of it.

I am not an expert on Alaska's fleet, but I believe there are only 10 A319s. And, if I am not mistaken AS will be virtually maxing out there potential by fall, with all the transcon flying they are adding out of SFO/LAX on the A319, in fact a lot of the DAL cuts were made to free up the A319s. And I have no idea how flexible they could be in repositioning aircraft, but if BDL-SEA is a high priority I think it would be run on a 737, because most of the A319s are being added for LAX/SFO flights...

If anyone else knows more about the status of the A319s that would be helpful...

NZ321

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 am

Do you think AS will continue to adopt a SEA and PDX / West coast hub / connect strategy or will they attempt to build a hub in the midwest or east. Their recipe has no doubt been success and my sense is they are unlikely to radically change this but there is a limit to how big Alaska can grow using that approach. LAX is very limited in terms of slots. AA, DL and UA are busy building muscle on the west coast. And SEA is a long way north to connect if you are travelling to southern California from the midwest and east. It will be interesting to see how they move ahead and grow market share.

Midwestindy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:50 am

NZ321 wrote:
Do you think AS will continue to adopt a SEA and PDX / West coast hub / connect strategy or will they attempt to build a hub in the midwest or east. Their recipe has no doubt been success and my sense is they are unlikely to radically change this but there is a limit to how big Alaska can grow using that approach. LAX is very limited in terms of slots. AA, DL and UA are busy building muscle on the west coast. And SEA is a long way north to connect if you are travelling to southern California from the midwest and east. It will be interesting to see how they move ahead and grow market share.

Where would they? It doesn't seem like AS is that interested in DAL, and most of the larger markets are too saturated already...

maximairways

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:27 am

BUF-SFO/SEA are two of the larger unserved routes from BUF. It would be nice to see these.

Noise

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am

I am sure RDU-SAN and RDU-PDX are on the horizon.

caljn

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:15 pm

AS is the airline Continental should have merged with, not United. They would still be in existence with a fabulous beefed up presence in the West and beyond.

vadodara

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Nice to see the potential routes.

However, the most likely scenario is that the new E175's (or 190's, I forget) will pick the marginal VS routes. The free A319/A320's will pick-up the longer routes like JFK/EWR/BWI/IAD

MIflyer12

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
CVG desperately needs a flight to PDX however.

How, pray tell, is CVG in desperate need for a PDX flight? Until this summer - and for the past 25+ years - even DTW-PDX has been seasonal.

CVG has a destination count and flight count well above its census MSA weight.

DLSANMan

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:20 pm

I think you will see another large influx of flights in SAN.
I predict
SAN RDU (top destination from RDU not served)
SAN DCA (AS applied before, was awarded to US, now not flown - approval by govt)
SAN ORF (military contract ideal)
SAN SBA (Horizon - granted Pilot issues resolved)
SAN PTY
Room for Expansion of SAN BOS (still top 25 underserved market)

With AA's inter US agreement out, AS may start flying to more AA hubs like CLT

New routes Airline Start date Frequency
Portland (PDX) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 27, 2017 Daily
Seattle (SEA) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 27, 2017 Daily
Seattle (SEA) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo August 27, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo February 16, 2018 Daily
San Jose (SJC) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo February 16, 2018 Daily
Portland (PDX) - Philadelphia (PHL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo May 22, 2017 Seasonal:
Daily through August 25, 2017
Portland (PDX) - Milwaukee (MKE) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo June 5, 2017 Seasonal:
Daily through August 25, 2017
Portland (PDX) - Baltimore (BWI) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo June 6, 2017 Seasonal:
Daily through August 26, 2017
Portland (PDX) - Albuquerque (ABQ) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 18, 2017 Daily
Orange County (SNA) - Albuquerque (ABQ) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 18, 2017 Daily
Portland (PDX) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 27, 2017 Daily
Seattle (SEA) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo August 27, 2017 Daily
Seattle (SEA) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 27, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Austin (AUS) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 27, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Omaha (OMA) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 28, 2017 Daily
San Jose (SJC) - Austin (AUS) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 28, 2017 Daily
San Jose (SJC) - Tucson (TUS) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 28, 2017 Daily
Portland (PDX) - Detroit (DTW) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 30, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Philadelphia (PHL) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo August 31, 2017 Daily
Los Angeles (LAX) - Philadelphia (PHL) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo September 1, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Nashville (BNA) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo September 6, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Albuquerque (ABQ) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo September 18, 2017 Daily
San Jose (SJC) - Los Angeles (LAX) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo August 28, 2017 4 times daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Kansas City (MCI) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo September 18, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - New Orleans (MSY) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo September 21, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Indianapolis (IND) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo September 26, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Baltimore (BWI) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo October 16, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Albuquerque (ABQ) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo October 18, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Raleigh Durham (RDU) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo October 19, 2017 Daily
Portland (PDX) - New York Kennedy (JFK) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo November 6, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Minneapolis (MSP) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo November 18, 2017 Daily
San Francisco (SFO) - Kona (KOA) Virgin AmericaVirgin America logo December 14, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Kansas City (MCI) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo December 15, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - St. Louis (STL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo December 15, 2017 Daily
San Diego (SAN) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo February 16, 2018 Daily
San Jose (SJC) - Dallas Love Field (DAL) Alaska AirlinesAlaska Airlines logo February 16, 2018 Daily

BoeingGuy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:21 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
n7371f wrote:

With the additional E175s coming on board, and with their track record of re-entering the GEG bypass-Seattle routes in the face of competition, I'd imagine they will look at several different adds. SFO and LAX seem like logical adds, though I don't know their gate situation in either.

Hasn't AS and QX tried these routes multiple times? Not sure why they failed. IIRC, they've done LAX-GEG several times on both mainline and QX. They've done SAN-GEG, I think. They also did SJC-GEG on a Q400 at one point. None has ever stuck around.

BWIAirport

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:27 pm

I've always felt PHX (and maybe LAS or DEN) would be a great focus city for them, based off nothing but speculation. They could completely dominate the west coast market by increasing their presence there.

sptv

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Would love to see AS revive LAXYVR with E175s. AS used to be the dominant carrier on this route until about 2 years ago when they began to retract and then pull out altogether. There are a lot of seats on the route (AA/UA/DL all serving with E175s), but would love to see a mid-afternoon flight out of LAX turning with a YVR departure around 6pm, which has been sorely underserved ever since AS bailed. All of the US carriers bank their flights with the last departures of the day leaving YVR before 3pm.

FATFlyer

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:00 pm

I will not be surprised if AS adds a few Hawaii routes.

AS and HA both are probably looking at mainland-Hawaii as their new aircraft begin to arrive the next few years. AS may try to jump on a few markets before HA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos