Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ltbewr

Re: Another DL PR issue. This time FOX Sports host and family not allowed to travel

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:48 pm

So an airline is more concerned with someone possibly having hair lice, yet they will let on someone who is drunk enough to prevent them from driving, a pervert, someone with a bad cold or a person with a pig for a ADA issue. I think some priorities need to be reordered.

diverdave

Re: Another DL PR issue. This time FOX Sports host and family not allowed to travel

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 pm

mcdu wrote:
If DL took no action on the inbound aircraft they are putting themselves in an awkward position. Mr Travis happens to also be an attorney and I am sure he will have his lawsuit against DL lined up. The DL "doctors" that made the call to send them to an ER are way off the mark. This issue is treated over the counter. His family should be refunded the cost of the ER visit, tickets and all money associated with the travel disruption. How could DL sue the family if they didn't remove the aircraft from service ?

If you read the referenced article, apparently Mr. Travis wrote (or tweeted) about the Dao incident:

Sample: "[Dao] doesn't own his seat, he doesn't have a legal right to dispute his eviction, airlines have the right to kick people off their planes and refund their money when they decide to do so at their discretion. You agree to that when you buy the ticket. If you don't want to give up that right you can drive or walk instead."

So Mr. Travis is quoted as saying the airlines can kick anybody off of an airplane whenever the airline wishes. Basically, that's what Delta did, and now he's crying when it happens to him.

BTW this is a great thread. Never thought I would hear anything ever referred to as "lice-friendly". :rotfl:

PlanesNTrains

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm

diverdave wrote:
mcdu wrote:
If DL took no action on the inbound aircraft they are putting themselves in an awkward position. Mr Travis happens to also be an attorney and I am sure he will have his lawsuit against DL lined up. The DL "doctors" that made the call to send them to an ER are way off the mark. This issue is treated over the counter. His family should be refunded the cost of the ER visit, tickets and all money associated with the travel disruption. How could DL sue the family if they didn't remove the aircraft from service ?

If you read the referenced article, apparently Mr. Travis wrote (or tweeted) about the Dao incident:

Sample: "[Dao] doesn't own his seat, he doesn't have a legal right to dispute his eviction, airlines have the right to kick people off their planes and refund their money when they decide to do so at their discretion. You agree to that when you buy the ticket. If you don't want to give up that right you can drive or walk instead."

So Mr. Travis is quoted as saying the airlines can kick anybody off of an airplane whenever the airline wishes. Basically, that's what Delta did, and now he's crying when it happens to him.

BTW this is a great thread. Never thought I would hear anything ever referred to as "lice-friendly". :rotfl:

Not only that, but this guy was kicked off for an actual reason - lice. Dao was more like an inconvenient truth.

mcdu
Topic Author

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 pm

diverdave wrote:
mcdu wrote:

According to your highlighted text DL should have refunded his fare. I don't believe that has taken place.

If you are a conservative you may want to rethink DL travel. The trend is that the DL supporters are all in favor of denying/disrupting travel based on political beliefs.

From this thread it's easy to see the DL advocates are saying we can do whatever we want whenever we want to anyone we choose and make their journey as painful as possible. We do this because we don't like them politically , how they raise their families etc.

Combine this with the racial case made by the Doctor traveling on DL and the threat to have passengers kids taken from a family show a pattern of bias by DL and its employees. Some attorney could make a very good case in court. If only an attorney was involved in one of these cases....

alfa164

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 pm

mcdu wrote:
Some attorney could make a very good case in court. If only an attorney was involved in one of these cases....

All the competent attorneys are busy filing legitimate cases against United... rather than frivolous cases that would get them laughed out of Court... ;)

D L X

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 pm

mcdu wrote:

According to your highlighted text DL should have refunded his fare. I don't believe that has taken place. .

Do you have any reason to believe it has not taken place? Sounds like conviction by conjecture.

mcdu wrote:
If you are a conservative you may want to rethink DL travel. The trend is that the DL supporters are all in favor of denying/disrupting travel based on political beliefs.

Because they wouldn't let a kid of a sports commentator fly with a communicable condition?!

You're off the rails.

mcdu
Topic Author

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 pm

D L X wrote:
mcdu wrote:

According to your highlighted text DL should have refunded his fare. I don't believe that has taken place. .

Do you have any reason to believe it has not taken place? Sounds like conviction by conjecture.

mcdu wrote:

Because they wouldn't let a kid of a sports commentator fly with a communicable condition?!

You're off the rails.

Why not let the rest of his family travel minus one parent and the child with lice? If this is such a dangerous condition shouldn't all the passengers around them have been subjected to the same travel ban and trip to an ER?

This is obvious an overreaction to an issue by DL. They inconvenienced the passengers yet they didn't remove the aircraft from service. So doesn't that mean their is a DL jet flying through the sky with this dangerous communicable disease ? It was either dangerous or it wasn't and DL played the safety card agains the customer but not itself. That's a glaring double standard.

bennett123

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 pm

If I understand his statements correctly, having been taken off DL due to lice, he then tried to book the whole group on WN.

Apparently passengers on WN all have lice anyway.

Doubt if he would agree to sit next to a kid with lice.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:23 pm

mcdu wrote:
D L X wrote:
mcdu wrote:

mcdu wrote:

You're off the rails.

Why not let the rest of his family travel minus one parent and the child with lice? If this is such a dangerous condition shouldn't all the passengers around them have been subjected to the same travel ban and trip to an ER?

This is obvious an overreaction to an issue by DL. They inconvenienced the passengers yet they didn't remove the aircraft from service. So doesn't that mean their is a DL jet flying through the sky with this dangerous communicable disease ? It was either dangerous or it wasn't and DL played the safety card agains the customer but not itself. That's a glaring double standard.

When kids got sent home from school with lice, they didn't shut the school down. They cleaned the area of the student and move on with life. It's not about perfection, it's about taking reasonable measures. Obviously someone with an active lice infestation in their head is a real and present issue. However, it's not the end of the world and if they cleaned up the area he was seated in, more than likely it was fine.

Parents share pillows, bathrooms, sometimes hygiene items like combs/brushes with their kids. They are "intimate". That's why the family goes vs just the kid. Unless you are suggesting that the gate agent or FA inspect each person's scalp.

You are really are embarrassing yourself with the obvious attempt at disparaging DL in this incident. This isn't a Dao or a Coulter. This is lice. There was a reason to have them deplane and get "cleaned".

D L X

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm

mcdu wrote:
D L X wrote:
mcdu wrote:

mcdu wrote:

You're off the rails.

Just to make sure I understand your rant correctly:

You are rescinding your allegation that DL should have, but did not, refund his fare?

MSPNWA

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 pm

mcdu wrote:
Why not let the rest of his family travel minus one parent and the child with lice?

That should have the logical, customer-friendly solution. Anyone without lice is free to move on. But it sounds like that wasn't given to them by DL.

It is interesting the plane continued on with its scheduled service about 3 hours later. I'm also curious why just that flight has been scrubbed from the FR24 history.

aemoreira1981

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 pm

DL did nothing wrong. The lice problem is valid grounds for denial of passage.

jetwet1

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Oh Clay, you poor dumb ba****d.......Forget the 5 minutes of "fame" this will bring you, think of the hours of fun other hosts at the various Fox Sports networks will have at your expense......

And yes, good for DL, sucks for the family, I understand that, but it would have been far better to quietly deal with this situation then go the publicity route.

berari

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 pm

mcdu wrote:
berari wrote:
What would be hilarious is if DL sued the family for the cost of cleaning the aircraft post lice incident. It doesn't look like the aircraft was pulled out of service however.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n865da

The father is an arrogant entitled prick: his comments about WN passengers is vile and he deserves no compassion.

The father has a job. He hosts a national show and does that from Nashville. So to provide for his family he flew home to do his job. Perhaps his wife told him to go home. You don't know what the conversation was between him and his wife.

As for DL not removing the plane from service. That makes this issue a greater black eye for DL. They have his family in a plane for 8+ hours and don't stop that aircraft to fumigate for spread of lice. Yet they won't let him travel for 2 hours on another DL plane. Seems like a huge double standard on behalf of DL. Or worse they singled out someone else from the FOX network family to disrupt their travel.

Are you really serious? Are you writing on behalf of FOX? Then again I see you have beef with DL based on your history.

There's nothing special about this father. If fatherhood is the question here, his priorities are pretty clear and his vulnerable kid is not high up there. Maybe it's a cultural thing. But he remains arrogant, seeing himself "above" WN pax, where the comments he made about them actually also applies to his family.

The inbound aircraft was on the ground for about 4 hours. Enough time to fumigate.

Don't care if he's a lawyer. Let him sue. No one should be threatened by it. Nothing has stopped a non-lawyer from suing for anything from missed flights to water being spilled on them. In the case of disruptive passengers or sickness, airlines divert their flights and sometimes recoup costs from causing passengers: perhaps you should note that DL didn't overreact like the father and do the same for him. I am sure that if he is capable of pulling up laws and precedents in flight while the issue was unfolding, he could have pulled up treatment requirements and all for his son and countered the "go to ER" statement: he is a lawyer after all, isn't he?

He is not owed anything. If the carrier's policy dictates that his entire family not be allowed to travel until treated (which appears to be the case,) then that's what happened. Lice are highly contagious, and it is possible that his entire family that spent a vacation together may have been exposed and DL needed to minimize its risk and did the right thing. Heck if I sat next to them I'd be itching by now: who should I sue in this case?

D L X

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:17 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Oh Clay, you poor dumb ba****d.......Forget the 5 minutes of "fame" this will bring you, think of the hours of fun other hosts at the various Fox Sports networks will have at your expense......

And yes, good for DL, sucks for the family, I understand that, but it would have been far better to quietly deal with this situation then go the publicity route.

Right?! Dude just announced to the world that he has lousy kids.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Having just gone back and read the article from the OP, I just feel even more convinced that this guy (Clay, not MCDU) is being unreasonable. I mean, at a minimum, his Dao statement was basically Delta's Get Out of Jail Free card. He states that, yes, United had a right to evict Dao, even though he had done absolutely nothing wrong other than take his assigned seat, yet believes that he himself was "wronged" by being evicted for his son coming in on an international flight with head lice?

Ya, time to shut up guy.

He also rants about being made to go to the ER, but that's not accurate. DL didn't make him do anything other than exit their aircraft. Everything else was simply their conditions for his family reboarding for their trip. Delta didn't create the head lice problem - they just responded to it.

But, again, the takeaway is that UA breaks guitars.

DocLightning

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Elementalism wrote:
Our policies have changed with regards to lice in schools. I for one dont understand it. Lice is transferrable via direct contact or having lice move onto things like clothing or towels or I would imagine a plane seat. And if they are of the right age can live for 2 days until they find a new host.

I can also make them vanish overnight with a single course of malathion. A nuisance, yes, but nothing more.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:36 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Elementalism wrote:
Our policies have changed with regards to lice in schools. I for one dont understand it. Lice is transferrable via direct contact or having lice move onto things like clothing or towels or I would imagine a plane seat. And if they are of the right age can live for 2 days until they find a new host.

I can also make them vanish overnight with a single course of malathion. A nuisance, yes, but nothing more.

Where were you in the 70's?

ScottB

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 pm

mcdu wrote:

The family is more likely to have been in close contact with the lousy kid for an extended period and thus are more likely to be carrying lice themselves. It's extremely unlikely that other passengers on the same flight, even if they had picked up lice from the child, would have enough of an infestation to spread the lice onward after only a few hours.

You don't let the rest of the family travel (in this case, one parent and two kids) because there's no way to know which kid in the PNR is the one with lice, and ID isn't required for young children. Given that the TV host in this story seemed to have no qualms about just going over to WN because "everyone on Southwest flights already has lice anyway" and he would have bought 5 tickets had they been available I doubt he values not spreading lice to other passengers over his own convenience.

mcdu wrote:

From this thread it's easy to see the DL advocates are saying we can do whatever we want whenever we want to anyone we choose and make their journey as painful as possible. We do this because we don't like them politically , how they raise their families etc.

I strongly doubt any of the Delta employees who interacted with him had any clue who he was unless he started to drop the whole DYKWIA thing. But perhaps if he had spent as much time finding out where to find an urgent care clinic in the Twin Cities as he did on excuses why his kid should be allowed to fly, he could have gotten everyone out on the last flight of the night to BNA which departs around 8:30 PM.

mcdu wrote:
The DL "doctors" that made the call to send them to an ER are way off the mark.

I doubt the DL employee who suggested an ER was a doctor. From the guy's own blog it sounds like he was a customer service supervisor, not a medical professional -- and the answer came as the response to a question posed by the wife. If he's taking medical advice from random Delta employees, maybe he's not really fit to care for small children.

hayzel777

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 pm

mcdu wrote:
berari wrote:
What would be hilarious is if DL sued the family for the cost of cleaning the aircraft post lice incident. It doesn't look like the aircraft was pulled out of service however.

The father is an arrogant entitled prick: his comments about WN passengers is vile and he deserves no compassion.

The father has a job. He hosts a national show and does that from Nashville. So to provide for his family he flew home to do his job. Perhaps his wife told him to go home. You don't know what the conversation was between him and his wife.

As for DL not removing the plane from service. That makes this issue a greater black eye for DL. They have his family in a plane for 8+ hours and don't stop that aircraft to fumigate for spread of lice. Yet they won't let him travel for 2 hours on another DL plane. Seems like a huge double standard on behalf of DL. Or worse they singled out someone else from the FOX network family to disrupt their travel.

I'm sure Delta will care if they get sued for not allowing someone with lice to go onboard. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Continental767

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 pm

I am confused as to how this is bad for DL. If my family and I were on that flight I would be thankful that DL did not allow them to fly. I do hope that DL cleans the aircraft they were on before. On an eight hour flight, lice could get everywhere. Ew.

mcdu wrote:
berari wrote:

What’s your deal with DL? Did you have a bad experience on them? Really don’t understand your grudge here.

DDR

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 pm

mcdu wrote:
While schools don't send kids home for lice. DL stops European return home at connection point for this family when the child discovered lice enroute.

WN was lice friendly. So the FOX sports host bought tickets on WN to get home after DL left them stranded in MSP.

The DL PR issues are growing at a rapid rate.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/dad-says-delta-threw-his-whole-family-off-a-flight.html

I do not know where you live, but around here, kids are definitely sent home if they have lice.

DL did the right thing. WN allowing them to fly is sort of gross.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 pm

DDR wrote:
mcdu wrote:
While schools don't send kids home for lice. DL stops European return home at connection point for this family when the child discovered lice enroute.

WN was lice friendly. So the FOX sports host bought tickets on WN to get home after DL left them stranded in MSP.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/dad-says-delta-threw-his-whole-family-off-a-flight.html

I do not know where you live, but around here, kids are definitely sent home if they have lice.

DL did the right thing. WN allowing them to fly is sort of gross.

Has it been shown that WN knew? I mean, I think the guy is a jerk in this, but I also hope he'd be smart enough not to open his trap to the next airline and say anything. Who knows?

Blockplus

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 pm

how did they get through customs without being clear of communicable infestation. surprised ICE didnt delouse the whole flight

winginit

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:40 pm

mcdu wrote:
That makes this issue a greater black eye for DL.

Let's not kid ourselves - this incident, if you can even call it that, is not in any way a black eye for DL. Let's have a look in the comments section of the Fox News story covering this incident shall we?

Here they are. (or you can just look at them at the bottom of the link above.

Virtually no one is siding with the passengers here, and those are comments from a Fox News article.

Give it up mcdu.

Continental767 wrote:
What’s your deal with DL? Did you have a bad experience on them? Really don’t understand your grudge here.

If you take a look at his post history, he strongly implies that he either is or was a United employee.

nikeherc

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 pm

berari wrote:

If I am reading correctly, the aircraft referred to in the FR24 link was a flight outbound from MSP to Paris on Saturday the 15th. According to the lawyers post the incident happened on the flight inbound to MSP on the 15th. So, we don't know what Delta did about the inbound aircraft. Even if this was the same aircraft, they had about a six hour turn time, so they could have fumigated the seat the kid sat in or even changed it. MSP is a major base for Delta.
Last edited by nikeherc on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atcsundevil

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Let's please discuss the topic, not other users. Many users have their biases for or against subjects discussed in this forum, and there's no need for ridicule because of it. Please stick to the topic, and if these users annoy you, then please just ignore it — they, too, have a right to speak their minds provided it's on topic.

✈️ atcsundevil

MSPNWA

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 pm

nikeherc wrote:
If I am reading correctly, the aircraft referred to in the FR24 link was a flight outbound from MSP to Paris on Saturday the 15th. According to the lawyers post the incident happened on the flight inbound to MSP on the 15th. So, we don't know what Delta did about the inbound aircraft.

Curiously FR24 has scrubbed that flight from its history. But FlightAware and also process of elimination tell us that N865DA was the plane that carried them to MSP, and it left as scheduled less than four hours later. Unless they hosed her down in the couple hours of downtime, they did nothing with the aircraft.

downdata

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Right decision. They should win applause.

Aptivaboy

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:23 am

Delta got this one mostly right. The examination should have been handled in private. However, apart from that they acted appropriately. Lice are easily spreadable, and despite what has been claimed we do send kids home for lice. I'm a secondary educator, I know. Heck, my cousin was sent home for lice when in high school! Talk about embarrassing for her...

All I know is that I wouldn't want to be sitting next to or near someone with a known case of lice. I also wouldn't want to be the lucky sod stuck with a lice carrier's seat after Delta turned the plane around. Delta and other carriers should enact privacy rules in cases like these, but they were right to not allow travel at that moment under the circumstances.

caljn

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:56 am

Geez. Enough of these stories. Stuff's gonna happen people!

PlanesNTrains

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 am

caljn wrote:
Geez. Enough of these stories. Stuff's gonna happen people!

900 million passengers a year
400,000 industry employees

Stuff is definitely going to happen.

DocLightning

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

PlanesNTrains wrote:
Where were you in the 70's?

Until 1977, unavailable. From 1977-1979, I was in diapers.

77H

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 am

FSDan wrote:
mcdu wrote:

I'm not sure if the issues themselves are growing, or if you're just posting every little molehill you find that could potentially be turned into a mountain... Looks like the last four threads you've created here have been "DL PR issues". Seems to me that other airlines have had PR issues in that timeframe as well - you're just interested in reporting the DL ones for some reason? I'm no DL apologist - just noticed the trend here...

C'mon, as if every little hiccup UA had/has since April wasn't posted on this website with hundreds of comments within hours. As a matter of fact, if this was UA most of the commenters supporting DL'd decision would be chastising UA. The double standards on this website are so blantant it's laughable at times.

77H

aerolimani

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:41 am

A weird thought… DL has fabric seats, and WN has leather seats. Is is possible that WN doesn't see as much of a problem with cleaning up, given their leather seats? Or, does DL also use leather seats now? I can't recall.

SeaDoo

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

People with lice shouldn't be on public transportation. I use public transportation to include airplanes.

neutronstar73

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:15 am

mcdu wrote:

I don't know where you are getting your info, but the jerk Clay Travis (the idiot, racist sportscaster involved) is getting destroyed by everyone for being an entitled jerk. Why? Because if he were seated next to a kid who had such bad lice that the gate agents saw it, Travis would be raising hell about it.

So, no. Delta did the right thing to throw him and his family off. He's not special.

767333ER

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:58 pm

mcdu wrote:
The DL "doctors" that made the call to send them to an ER are way off the mark. This issue is treated over the counter. His family should be refunded the cost of the ER visit, tickets and all money associated with the travel disruption. How could DL sue the family if they didn't remove the aircraft from service ?

If they did go to the ER, the problem is on their end for being stupid enough to listen to someone without medical knowledge. They pay because they made the decision and no one forced them to go. They wouldn't have much of a case there. They also were vouchered for the travel disruption.

mcdu
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 pm

767333ER wrote:
mcdu wrote:
The DL "doctors" that made the call to send them to an ER are way off the mark. This issue is treated over the counter. His family should be refunded the cost of the ER visit, tickets and all money associated with the travel disruption. How could DL sue the family if they didn't remove the aircraft from service ?

If they did go to the ER, the problem is on their end for being stupid enough to listen to someone without medical knowledge. They pay because they made the decision and no one forced them to go. They wouldn't have much of a case there. They also were vouchered for the travel disruption.

They were asking how do they get this elusive requirement that DL was saying they needed to travel. The DL employee said ER. How can that be heir fault? It wasn't a medical question it was "what do we have to do to travel on your airline?" Question.

mcdu
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:33 pm

neutronstar73 wrote:
mcdu wrote:

I don't know where you are getting your info, but the jerk Clay Travis (the idiot, racist sportscaster involved) is getting destroyed by everyone for being an entitled jerk. Why? Because if he were seated next to a kid who had such bad lice that the gate agents saw it, Travis would be raising hell about it.

So, no. Delta did the right thing to throw him and his family off. He's not special.

You make some serious accusations about Travis. You say he is racist. Can you support that claim or are you just upset he said something bad about DL. This is like the character issue everyone had with Anne Coulter. Not the issue that DL lied about the issue initially and later admitted they accidentally moved her seat.

What was your position on Dr Dao and his convictions for exchanging drugs for sex. Most said that his character couldn't be held against him but at DL it's okay?

mcdu
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:46 pm

panampreflight

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:23 pm

FSDan wrote:
mcdu wrote:

I'm not sure if the issues themselves are growing, or if you're just posting every little molehill you find that could potentially be turned into a mountain... Looks like the last four threads you've created here have been "DL PR issues". Seems to me that other airlines have had PR issues in that timeframe as well - you're just interested in reporting the DL ones for some reason? I'm no DL apologist - just noticed the trend here...

Hmmmm Thanks for posting his, good to know.

mcdu
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:56 pm

panampreflight wrote:
FSDan wrote:
mcdu wrote:

So that means all these issues with DL didn't happen?

PlanesNTrains

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:52 pm

mcdu wrote:
panampreflight wrote:
FSDan wrote:

So that means all these issues with DL didn't happen?

It means you're perceived as being on a vendetta, which is fine of course. That's just the prism that a lot of people are replying to you through.

NeBaNi

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:20 pm

mcdu wrote:

And if you read the comments, no one agrees with her viewpoint. Her basic premise seems to be: lice don't transmit any disease so someone with lice shouldn't be booted off a plane. Most of the comments (rightly) ask her whether she would like to sit next to a kid with lice on a plane. I think that's the issue. Whether they transmit diseases or not, it's a nuisance to get lice off your head.

flyingclrs727

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Sightseer wrote:
D L X wrote:
mcdu wrote:

I think the bigger issue is that WN is lice friendly! One more reason not to fly them.

I'm surprised WN let them fly. If I knew the person in my seat on the previous flight had lice, I would ask to change seats, at the very least, in a heartbeat.

But how would WN know? They don't have assigned seating, so there is no record of where any passenger sat.

alfa164

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:30 am

mcdu wrote:
While schools don't send kids home for lice. DL stops European return home at connection point for this family when the child discovered lice enroute. WN was lice friendly. So the FOX sports host bought tickets on WN to get home after DL left them stranded in MSP.

mcdu wrote:
Big question is did DL take the aircraft out of service after this incident for fumigation?

Why do you care about the aircraft? According to you, "schools don't send kids home for lice"... so I guess you must think lice infection is okay...I think I see a double standard here... or just an excuse to try to bash a (generally better-respected) competitor.

Methinks your bashing is backfiring.

RetiredNWA wrote:
Let's nip this thread in the bud right here, right now. Lice are parasitic organisms that spread easily, live on clothing, furnishings, et cetera and are difficult, sometimes nearly impossible, to contain on an aircraft. These lice could have spread very quickly on an aircraft through the upholstery, furnishings, bedding, pillows, and, yes, through incidental contact with the infected individual. Yes, this is a public relations issue, however, Delta made the correct decision regarding this unfortunate situation.
Whether or not this individual with lice is a Fox News Broadcaster's child is completely irrelevant. Parasitic organisms give not a care who they attach themselves to. The child had lice, it should have been treated prior to flying, 'nuff said.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: At least Delta didn't drag them down the aisle, kicking and screaming... like you-know-which airline might do... ;)

hayzel777

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 am

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Sightseer wrote:
D L X wrote:

I think the bigger issue is that WN is lice friendly! One more reason not to fly them.

I'm surprised WN let them fly. If I knew the person in my seat on the previous flight had lice, I would ask to change seats, at the very least, in a heartbeat.

But how would WN know? They don't have assigned seating, so there is no record of where any passenger sat.

WN never let lice kid fly. If you reread the report and not what mcdu wrote, the dad and the 2 yr old(6yr old was lice kid) flew to Nashville on WN first while mom and other two(lice kid and 9yr old) stayed in MSP for treatment.

flyingclrs727

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 am

hayzel777 wrote:
flyingclrs727 wrote:
Sightseer wrote:

WN never let lice kid fly. If you reread the report and not what mcdu wrote, the dad and the 2 yr old(6yr old was lice kid) flew to Nashville on WN first while mom and other two(lice kid and 9yr old) stayed in MSP for treatment.

I answering it as a hypothetical question.

Virtual737

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 am

hayzel777 wrote:

If the parents were so sure that DL were wrong not to let them fly, why did they seek the treatment in MSP? Why not just all fly together on WN (because WN wouldn't have known about the issue) and sort out the infestation when they were home?

In other words, why take DL's advice and them kick up a media frenzy about it anyway?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos