Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Kilgen

Re: Central American Aviation Thread - 2017 (2nd Half)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:43 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
The source wikipedia states that Copa Airlines will fly to Arequipa soon.
Frequencies and equipment have not been confirmed yet.

Regards.

Well, earlier this year, the Ministry of Tourism of Ecuador said that Copa was going to open AQP. This was the condition that the Peruvian Government gave CM if they wanted to open a 6th daily flight to LIM.

With the current equipment, it is not profitable to open AQP, thus the only other option that the Peruvian Government provided CM was to use the frequencies of Peruvian Airlines that had the rights for LIM-PTY via codeshares. More details about that in: http://www.portaldeturismo.pe/noticia/v ... esta-ruta-.

Thus the news of the new codeshares with Peruvian and LC Perú. If not mistaken that should allow CM to keep its 6th daily frequency to LIM, although each of them have permission for 7 weekly frequencies (14 in total). Thus maybe they are just provisioning the possibility of a 7th daily frequency if they can convince the Peruvian Government to allow CM to fully use those 14 frequencies.

If not, maybe CM can open AQP when the 737 Max arrive,thus allowing CM to open a 7th frequency to LIM.

But anyways, Copa's CEO recently said that for now, they will try to consolidate CIX before they open any new destinations in Peru.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that I checked the Spanish version of the destinations, those are some wishful thinking: MEL, SYD, AKL, etc. Specially since CM does not have any B777.

viaggiare

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:00 am

La gran pelea de Germán Efromovich con su poderoso socio en Avianca (in Spanish)

The former parrot cartel leader claims Efromovich secretly diverted millions of dollars from Avianca and its shareholders directly to his personal company and not to the holding. Meanwhile, don Efro claims señor Kriete has been unethical and wants to "extort money so as not to be ashamed of all the damage he and his group have done to the company by interfering and not letting it grow."

Two old rich guys cayéndose a cuchillo y en esa cuchillera aparecen todas las verdades de ellos. Pass the popcorn! :box:

Further reading: Tycoons square up in legal thriller over Latin American airline (The Financial Times, published six months ago).

2travel2know2

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 am

Kilgen wrote:
Well, earlier this year, the Ministry of Tourism of Ecuador said that Copa was going to open AQP. This was the condition that the Peruvian Government gave CM if they wanted to open a 6th daily flight to LIM.

With the current equipment, it is not profitable to open AQP, thus the only other option that the Peruvian Government provided CM was to use the frequencies of Peruvian Airlines that had the rights for LIM-PTY via codeshares. More details about that in: http://www.portaldeturismo.pe/noticia/v ... esta-ruta-.

Thus the news of the new codeshares with Peruvian and LC Perú. If not mistaken that should allow CM to keep its 6th daily frequency to LIM, although each of them have permission for 7 weekly frequencies (14 in total). Thus maybe they are just provisioning the possibility of a 7th daily frequency if they can convince the Peruvian Government to allow CM to fully use those 14 frequencies.

If not, maybe CM can open AQP when the 737 Max arrive,thus allowing CM to open a 7th frequency to LIM.

But anyways, Copa's CEO recently said that for now, they will try to consolidate CIX before they open any new destinations in Peru.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that I checked the Spanish version of the destinations, those are some wishful thinking: MEL, SYD, AKL, etc. Specially since CM does not have any B777.

Ministry of Tourism of Ecuador (?)
NO doubt Perú wants CM to open AQP as a token for another LIM frequency.
Don't know the details of that statement that CM doesn't have the equipment to fly to (or from) AQP. CM operates out of MEX, BOG and UIO which have similar altitude as AQP.
IMHO, if CM really wants that extra LIM frequency, CM will find the way to open AQP and grab that frequency.

Kilgen

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:45 am

2travel2know2 wrote:
Kilgen wrote:

Ministry of Tourism of Ecuador (?)
NO doubt Perú wants CM to open AQP as a token for another LIM frequency.
Don't know the details of that statement that CM doesn't have the equipment to fly to (or from) AQP. CM operates out of MEX, BOG and UIO which have similar altitude as AQP.
IMHO, if CM really wants that extra LIM frequency, CM will find the way to open AQP and grab that frequency.

Sorry, late at night. I meant Ministry of Tourism of Peru.

yellowtail

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Has CM indicated what it will / or wants to replace its regional jets with. I assume it has some markets that can't handle the capacity of the 737-700 but that are viable and profitable with the Embraer. Would they go back for the E2? or try a C-series or Q400,

juanchito

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:24 pm

TAG started flying non stop flights between GUA and BZE
Flights will be operated from Monday to Friday

TAG 902 GUA 7:50 am → BZE 9:05 am
TAG 901 BZE 4:15 pm → GUA 6:00 pm

georgiabill

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Does anyone think a LIM-BOS-LIM on LP ould work 3 or 4 weekly? I think if the A320 NEO has the legs for the route it might be more likely.

2travel2know2

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 pm

yellowtail wrote:
Has CM indicated what it will / or wants to replace its regional jets with. I assume it has some markets that can't handle the capacity of the 737-700 but that are viable and profitable with the Embraer. Would they go back for the E2? or try a C-series or Q400,
These are the days some will wish Boeing will launch a B737-600MAX. Since CM loves fleet commonality and is looking for (?) regional jet (E190) capacity aircraft.

aemoreira1981

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 am

Curious: why did Copa never consider ordering or converting some orders to the Boeing 737-900ER from the -800? For services into heavily-congested airports on flights less than 6.5 hours, or where more frequencies can't be added at opportune times (such examples might include services to JFK, LAX, MEX, and GRU), they could add badly needed capacity. I do know that they are likely getting the MAX 10 to solve that issue.

Also, LAW (Latin American Wings) is applying for authority to fly SCL-CCS-MIA and SCL-CCS-JFK, using Icelandair 757s and eventually their own 767s. https://skift.com/2017/09/05/latin-amer ... abandoned/ Each will be twice weekly.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Copa Airlines has only opted for the 738s in the recent years.
I don’t have any idea about the future plans concerning to the replacement of their E90 frames.
Last 73G: 2003.
Last E90: 2009.

Regards.

tommyarias

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:39 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Curious: why did Copa never consider ordering or converting some orders to the Boeing 737-900ER from the -800? For services into heavily-congested airports on flights less than 6.5 hours, or where more frequencies can't be added at opportune times (such examples might include services to JFK, LAX, MEX, and GRU), they could add badly needed capacity. I do know that they are likely getting the MAX 10 to solve that issue.

Copa order of MAX consist of a mix of 45 MAX 8 and MAX 9, and 15 MAX 10. There's no specific numbers regarding the MAX 8 and MAX 9.

All E190s will be out of the fleet by 2020 as Copa announced a while ago. Some rumors are that Copa is looking at Bombardier for the Q400 and CSeries for Copa, Copa Colombia and Wingo.

Kilgen

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 pm

tommyarias wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

Copa order of MAX consist of a mix of 45 MAX 8 and MAX 9, and 15 MAX 10. There's no specific numbers regarding the MAX 8 and MAX 9.

All E190s will be out of the fleet by 2020 as Copa announced a while ago. Some rumors are that Copa is looking at Bombardier for the Q400 and CSeries for Copa, Copa Colombia and Wingo.

From CM's latest fleet plan, at least 15 737 Max are 737 Max 9 (all the 737 Max that arrive in 2018 and 2019): http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ ... t_Plan.pdf

So far, what is known that 15 are 737 Max 10, 15 are 737 Max 9, thus the remaining 41 737 Max are still to be defined (as they state that they have in order 71 B737 Max in their last investor day presentation http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ ... tation.pdf).

The reasons for CM not ordering the 737-900ER, the rumor that I have read is that CM was not impressed with the performance of the B737-900ER, thus they stuck with the 737-800. But it looks like with the Max 9 and Max 10, those concerns have been addressed or now they really need the capacity.

Also for the rumor of Copa getting some CSeries, I have read a rumor that CM has been considering them, but they will wait until a new Bilateral with Canada is negotiated, thus now Bombardier needs to help lobby the Canadian government if that sale is to occur.

AASAP777

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Hola a todos!

I was wondering where this thread was.... Good to know it's alive!

Probably I might share with you the latest of aviation in Honduras. I used to just watch the forum and this thread, and now that I'm able finally to post, I'll let you guys know!

BTW, congratulations to the Ticos and Canaleros on making it to the World Cup. We'll see if we Catrachos can join you in November.

tommyarias

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:35 am

It looks like with the opening of the T2 in PTY just around the corner a bunch of new airlines are planning on new routes to Panama City.

El futuro del 'hub' es ahora
"Panama has to keep pace with the growth of the airline industry and that puts pressure on the airport. This year, passenger traffic is increasing 7% and that is positive" Duboy said, revealing that 10 airlines are interested in landing in Panama.

Out of those 10 airlines, it's already known that Air China, JetBlue, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, and British Airways are in that group. Emirates has shown interest on the flight to PTY again, as well as Etihad and Qatar. Turkish is planning a nonstop instead of the usual IST-BOG-PTY.

Aerolineas chinas piden frecuencias
During the signing of the memorandum of understanding between Panama and China, ... ,representatives of the main airlines of that country expressed their interest in obtaining the approval of 28 frequencies per week.

Air China already applied for Beijing-Panama-Beijing with a stop along the way. Other cities approved are Shanghai,, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong. China Cargo Airlines and Cathay Pacific Cargo are interested in flying cargo to PTY.

yellowtail

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 pm

IB just added Managua (via GUA)

juanchito

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm

yellowtail wrote:

3 weekly starting october 2018.
GUA will have daily flights from Iberia

turk223

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Every so often I post the same question: when will CM finally start a PTY-BGI (Barbados) service?

There have been many meetings between CM and the Gov't of Barbados over the years and the same news is always reported: CM to start BGI service "soon". In fact, it was first announced in 2006...

BGI MUST have the same potential (if not more) as NAS, SXM, MBJ, CUR, AUA. AV was flying BOG-BGI and doing rather well from all reports, but it was terminated due to AV not overflying Venezuela anymore...

And, with T2 and PTY opening soon and the new aircraft orders, wouldn't CM want to expand into new markets?

aer

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

juanchito wrote:
yellowtail wrote:

3 weekly starting october 2018.
GUA will have daily flights from Iberia

Just saw the press release with the schedule. It's interesting the amount of time between landings and departures as well with the MAD-GUA SAL flights, do all pax disembark on these IB flights do continuing pax stay onboard?

avi8

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Passengers do have to get off the plane at GUA (for those going to MGA and SAL) and at SAL/MGA (for those going onwards to MAD).

I do have to say that, although it sounds inconvenient, the flight is super comfortable. A short hop to SAL/MGA and an hour layover is so much better than flying to PTY, MEX or flying through the United States. Plus, the return flight to GUA is direct (from GUA's perspective). I'm sure others feel the same when flying from SAL/MGA.

yellowtail

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm

only thing left for IB in the isthmus is SAP really. Does anyone know if Air Europa is bringing back the SAP MAD next year?

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 pm

yellowtail wrote:

Does this mean that one the days IB doesn't fly to SAL it will fly to MGA? Considering that on the other reply they implied GUA would have daily IB departures.

So this leaves IB to most of Spanish-speaking Central America except HN (taken now by UX), unless when Palmerola opens, they might consider landing there as SAP is already served by UX.

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 pm

yellowtail wrote:
only thing left for IB in the isthmus is SAP really. Does anyone know if Air Europa is bringing back the SAP MAD next year?

Apparently, it should be coming back. The flight has been a moderate success. I guess one weekly frequency has worked fine with them, and probably considering increasing up to three (so the Honduran Tourism minster said).

CRMCPILOT31

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm

yellowtail wrote:

Yes UX has at least extended their service to April 2018, but I am positive they will stay for good as this flight has been a success. All flights have been overbooked since September and they are looking solid for SAP. Hope they add another frequency!

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm

CRMCPILOT31 wrote:
yellowtail wrote:

Yes UX has at least extended their service to April 2018, but I am positive they will stay for good as this flight has been a success. All flights have been overbooked since September and they are looking solid for SAP. Hope they add another frequency!

Well, those are great news! Probably they will manage to have that extra frequency. Since it is a red-eye from MAD, you can get to most of the rest of Honduras (either by air or by road) by noon time, and you can easily get to TGU by 10 am or before, landing in SAP at 4:00am.

yellowtail

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:34 pm

[/quote] landing in SAP at 4:00am.[/quote]. I did not realize that was the arrival time. thats horrible. one gets off the plane like a zombie.

Costs associated with the flight must be high though. I presume that they deadhead crew in and out via SAL or MIA. A second frequency would go a long way to solving that issue. Can the 330 even get into TGU?

CRMCPILOT31

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:16 pm

AASAP777 wrote:
CRMCPILOT31 wrote:
yellowtail wrote:

Well, those are great news! Probably they will manage to have that extra frequency. Since it is a red-eye from MAD, you can get to most of the rest of Honduras (either by air or by road) by noon time, and you can easily get to TGU by 10 am or before, landing in SAP at 4:00am.

Yep, also landing time in MAD at 5AM gives you chance to ge to any part in Europe. The only bad thing is that UX web page is very limited to look for reservations. I have at least not found the multi-city option to plan my trips and also I thought they had the agreement with Ryan Air and I was booking a trip to Berlin and there is a connection with Ryan Air, but the webpage does not show it.

Anyways I hope this flight stays and I also hope Roatan gets their Italy flights again, which were a success, do not know why they stopped. Anyone have an idea?

CRMCPILOT31

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

yellowtail wrote:
landing in SAP at 4:00am.[/quote]. I did not realize that was the arrival time. thats horrible. one gets off the plane like a zombie.

Costs associated with the flight must be high though. I presume that they deadhead crew in and out via SAL or MIA. A second frequency would go a long way to solving that issue. Can the 330 even get into TGU?[/quote]
Use MIA!

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 pm

yellowtail wrote:
landing in SAP at 4:00am.[/quote]. I did not realize that was the arrival time. thats horrible. one gets off the plane like a zombie.

Costs associated with the flight must be high though. I presume that they deadhead crew in and out via SAL or MIA. A second frequency would go a long way to solving that issue. Can the 330 even get into TGU?[/quote]

When AA used to operate the B757 into TGU it had the most spectacular landing in Toncontín. A widebody there is out of the question.

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 pm

CRMCPILOT31 wrote:
yellowtail wrote:
landing in SAP at 4:00am.
. I did not realize that was the arrival time. thats horrible. one gets off the plane like a zombie.

Use MIA![/quote]

AFAIK their layover in Honduras takes a day or two before deadheading to MIA. I've seen pictures from Arrecife Tours with UX's crews having a good time in Cayos Cochinos.

AASAP777

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm

CRMCPILOT31 wrote:
AASAP777 wrote:
CRMCPILOT31 wrote:

Yep, also landing time in MAD at 5AM gives you chance to ge to any part in Europe. The only bad thing is that UX web page is very limited to look for reservations. I have at least not found the multi-city option to plan my trips and also I thought they had the agreement with Ryan Air and I was booking a trip to Berlin and there is a connection with Ryan Air, but the webpage does not show it.

Anyways I hope this flight stays and I also hope Roatan gets their Italy flights again, which were a success, do not know why they stopped. Anyone have an idea?

I don't very well, but those Roatán flights (a charter operation with Air Europe Italy and Blue Panorama -in separate stages) where some sort of touristic offer that included stays at the Henry Morgan Hotel in West Bay. I don't have an idea on why they haven't been coming lately.

flymco753

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Could someone elaborate on why DL won't do DTW-SJO nonstop? For a while now, DL has been doing 1 stop service via ATL, most of the time on the 757-200. I don't see why, with connecting opportunities, DL can't make it happen on the A320 or 73H. Don't forget, MSP has nonstop service to LIR on DL, a slightly smaller market than DTW-SJO.

LTU932

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm

tommyarias wrote:
During the signing of the memorandum of understanding between Panama and China, ... ,representatives of the main airlines of that country expressed their interest in obtaining the approval of 28 frequencies per week.

Air China already applied for Beijing-Panama-Beijing with a stop along the way. Other cities approved are Shanghai,, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong. China Cargo Airlines and Cathay Pacific Cargo are interested in flying cargo to PTY.
Where would that stop be? That said, I'm not surprised that CA is starting PTY, given Panama's decision to break up relations with Taiwan, essentially following Costa Rica's move from 10 years ago to start full diplomatic relations with Beijing.

There was also once the suggestion that a country in Southeast Asia may start service to SJO (I believe it was Singapore). What are the odds of any East Asian or Southeast Asian airline starting service to SJO, especially now with the prospect of PEK-PTY?

CRMCPILOT31

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Could someone elaborate on why DL won't do DTW-SJO nonstop? For a while now, DL has been doing 1 stop service via ATL, most of the time on the 757-200. I don't see why, with connecting opportunities, DL can't make it happen on the A320 or 73H. Don't forget, MSP has nonstop service to LIR on DL, a slightly smaller market than DTW-SJO.

REALLY? Another SJO flight? come on....they are very well covered by US carriers, plus now with the European flights...do they even have free slots? they are very well jam packed already....

flymco753

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am

CRMCPILOT31 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

REALLY? Another SJO flight? come on....they are very well covered by US carriers, plus now with the European flights...do they even have free slots? they are very well jam packed already....
I have no clue about SJO which is why I asked.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 am

flymco753 wrote:
Could someone elaborate on why DL won't do DTW-SJO nonstop? .

It sounds like an interesting point.
SJO is a very well served market from several stations in the United States like PHL, PHX and CLT. These airports have little connectivity with other parts of the isthmus or practically do not exist at all.
On the other hand, DTW seems like a tiny market for Latin America. Only Sao Paulo, Monterrey, Cancun and Mexico City come to mind at this time.

Regards.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:45 am

AASAP777 wrote:
I used to just watch the forum and this thread, and now that I'm able finally to post

Welcome to the Cent Am aviation thread ! :bigthumbsup: :champagne:
Speaking about the World Cup regional qualifying stage and the civil aviation topics, local media posted that Air Costa Rica was hired to carry the national team as well as many Costa Rican fans to Panama City for the match played on October 10th.
The 733 suffered some delays due to technical failures, in both directions.
Finally, Air Panama transported those stranded passengers who returned to Costa Rica from BLB.

Regards.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 am

By the way, I didn't know about the mentioned flights landing in Roatan from Italy.
From Milan as non-stop flights ?
Frequencies ?
Equipments ?
I could be wrong, but the sole runway in the island don't seem too large to accomodate to any long-haul plane comfortably.

Regards.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 am

Conviasa from Venezuela will start Porlamar - Panama City service as shown:

V0 7202.....PMV 09:30 - 10:45 PTY.....E90.......Th, Sa
V0 7203.....PTY 11:45 - 15:00 PMV.....E90.......Th, Sa
Effective: October 26 - November 30

Regards.

LTU932

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
Conviasa from Venezuela will start Porlamar - Panama City service as shown:

V0 7202.....PMV 09:30 - 10:45 PTY.....E90.......Th, Sa
V0 7203.....PTY 11:45 - 15:00 PMV.....E90.......Th, Sa
Effective: October 26 - November 30
Somehow, I find it hard to believe that flight will be a huge success, given the new visa restrictions for Venezuelans.

tommyarias

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 am

Where would that stop be?

CA stops at MAD for the flights to GRU, and at YUL for the HAV ones. So it will either be in Europe or in Canada, avoiding the USA.

There was also once the suggestion that a country in Southeast Asia may start service to SJO (I believe it was Singapore). What are the odds of any East Asian or Southeast Asian airline starting service to SJO, especially now with the prospect of PEK-PTY?

Unless it's a leisure or low cost airline, I don't see it happening. SJO seems to be a magnet for airlines with holiday passengers (RV, TS, BA out of LGW, DE, WK, B6, KL seasonal flight, WM, NK, Q6, WS, P5 with Wingo) compared to PTY, that get fewer airlines but more business passengers and offers huge connectivity to the rest of Latin America that SJO doesn't offer.

juanchito

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Starting november 19. Volaris will add the following routes using A319.
GUA-TIJ
SAL-TIJ
Both routes will be 3 weekly

Regards

AASAP777

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:52 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
By the way, I didn't know about the mentioned flights landing in Roatan from Italy.
Frequencies ?
Equipments ?
I could be wrong, but the sole runway in the island don't seem too large to accomodate to any long-haul plane comfortably.

Regards.

They operated with 767s (don't know if 763 or 762ER). It used to operate about once a week seasonally. But as outlined, it was a charter operation tied to packages from Italy.

I think those flights stopped in Cuba (Varadero) and then on to MXP.

CRMCPILOT31

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
AASAP777 wrote:
I used to just watch the forum and this thread, and now that I'm able finally to post

Welcome to the Cent Am aviation thread ! :bigthumbsup: :champagne:
Speaking about the World Cup regional qualifying stage and the civil aviation topics, local media posted that Air Costa Rica was hired to carry the national team as well as many Costa Rican fans to Panama City for the match played on October 10th.
The 733 suffered some delays due to technical failures, in both directions.
Finally, Air Panama transported those stranded passengers who returned to Costa Rica from BLB.

Regards.

Yep and had to use a Honduran AVIATSA 732 and Air Panama...

2travel2know2

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 pm

tommyarias wrote:
CA stops at MAD for the flights to GRU, and at YUL for the HAV ones. So it will either be in Europe or in Canada, avoiding the USA.
It's very doubtful either Spain or Panama would allow CA to fly PEK-PTY via Spain (MAD/BCN).
Flying via Canada (if YYZ, YUL) will face issues from CM which already flies between PTY and those Canadian airports. Flying via YVR or YYC would mean that all transit passengers who require visas to visit Canada will need them to fly that route.
The best option from China to PTY (if via North America) is ANC, which is the only U.S. airport where TWOV is still allowed and where CA already have cargo operations.
Flights via a European airport will add +10% more distance vs a North America route but if the European city chosen as stop en-route to PTY is an StarAlliance hub or LON, surely that detour could be profitable.

juanchito wrote:
GUA-TIJ
SAL-TIJ
Quite interesting that AV didn't seem to look into SAL-TIJ.

AASAP777

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 pm

juanchito wrote:
GUA-TIJ
SAL-TIJ
Quite interesting that AV didn't seem to look into SAL-TIJ.[/quote]

Boy, never saw this coming! BTW, how about the rumors of Volaris entering the Honduran market? Any news?

CRMCPILOT31

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:54 pm

AASAP777 wrote:
juanchito wrote:
GUA-TIJ
SAL-TIJ
Quite interesting that AV didn't seem to look into SAL-TIJ.

Boy, never saw this coming! BTW, how about the rumors of Volaris entering the Honduran market? Any news?[/quote]

I do not think they are for the moment. They have more options of flights from Honduras, but it seems they may wait to see how political stable it will be.......... after the elections.....from what a Pilot friend who works with Volaris told me.

CRMCPILOT31

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm

AASAP777 wrote:
SJOtoLIR wrote:
Frequencies ?
Equipments ?

Regards.

They operated with 767s (don't know if 763 or 762ER). It used to operate about once a week seasonally. But as outlined, it was a charter operation tied to packages from Italy.

I think those flights stopped in Cuba (Varadero) and then on to MXP.

I have some pictures of Blue Panorama and NEOs at the airport back in 2009 both 767's and pretty sure 763 and yes they had a stop but it was in CUN not Cuba at least NEOs and Blue.... then Air Italy came and I think they did use Varadero, but not sure.

tommyarias

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am

2travel2know2 wrote:
tommyarias wrote:
It's very doubtful either Spain or Panama would allow CA to fly PEK-PTY via Spain (MAD/BCN).
Flying via Canada (if YYZ, YUL) will face issues from CM which already flies between PTY and those Canadian airports. Flying via YVR or YYC would mean that all transit passengers who require visas to visit Canada will need them to fly that route.
The best option from China to PTY (if via North America) is ANC, which is the only U.S. airport where TWOV is still allowed and where CA already have cargo operations.
Flights via a European airport will add +10% more distance vs a North America route but if the European city chosen as stop en-route to PTY is an StarAlliance hub or LON, surely that detour could be profitable.

CA and CM both operate to YUL, and CA operates to YVR which seems like a logical place, as they wouldn't have to compete with CM on a flight to PTY. I mentioned MAD as it's the stop for the GRU flights. Chinese citizens need a visa to transit in the USA, but they have visa free transit in Canada. On the European side, connecting at a Star Alliance hub seems logical, except for FRA as LH already has a flight to PTY, so the other options are LHR, ZRH, WAW, and MUC.

AASAP777

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:53 pm

tommyarias wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:
tommyarias wrote:

CA and CM both operate to YUL, and CA operates to YVR which seems like a logical place, as they wouldn't have to compete with CM on a flight to PTY. I mentioned MAD as it's the stop for the GRU flights. Chinese citizens need a visa to transit in the USA, but they have visa free transit in Canada. On the European side, connecting at a Star Alliance hub seems logical, except for FRA as LH already has a flight to PTY, so the other options are LHR, ZRH, WAW, and MUC.

Definitely they'd pick ANC over YVR. Canada requires visa even for a direct flights (one-stops such as this one). I guess, if anything, they'd go for Anchorage rather than Vancouver or any city in the US because of that, as the majority of nationalities of Latin America require visas.

AASAP777

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:56 pm

@CRMCPILOT31, do you know who might Fenafuth be looking for La H's rumored charter flight to SYD? I've heard that they had some options already as they rather take a charter than going on scheduled flights, although no names mentioned. I think they want to depart SAP as soon as the game is over at the Olímpico to minimize jetlag and not to loose that much time because once arriving in SYD the game will be in three days.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos