hayzel777
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 am

edu2703 wrote:
777GE90 wrote:
edu2703 wrote:
Rumor: In the next 48 hours:

1. Kuwait to cut ALL ties with Qatar
2. Jordan to cut ALL ties with Qatar
3. GCC to cut ALL ties with Turkey


Very intersting.

Source?

Dr. Jasim Khalfan via Twitter https://twitter.com/DrJasimKhalfan/stat ... 8488681472

And the tweet has been deleted. So much for that.
 
Jetty
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:12 am

edu2703 wrote:

That's not a reliable source at all. When someone claims ISIS, Turkey and Qatar are zionists in a secret complot with Israel I know enough.
 
Monty1988
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:55 am

CanadaFair wrote:
Kuwait mediator to take a u-turn LOL!


Not going to happen.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 6968
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
My question remains...when/where/in what conflict was that? I would say Norway has been far more active as mediator, such as in the Oslo deal between Israel and the PLO, in the conflict in Sri Lanka, in mediations between FARC and the Colombian government... But Switzerland?...


Switzerland is the classic mediator or neutral go between.

read: http://www.americanswiss.org/switzerlan ... d-offices/

I have been stupid again searching the internet instead of letting people find things themselves.

Takkar fyrir!
I did search but came up with nothing. And while this page does show a few conflicts where they did participate in the mediation (mostly as part of a multy-party effort, for example OSCE), that is hardly being the classic mediator. But, whatever, this is really off topic anyway.


It is the classic mediator, if you show me one country having mediated more often than Switzerland, than do it instead putting out unsupported statements. I pointed to something coming up nearly instantly on the net and you seem to not even having bothered to read it. That you have not followed modern history is not my problem.
 
edu2703
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Confirmed: KSA and allies agreed to extend the ultimatum deadline by 48 hours.

Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Saudia Arabia, UAE to meet in Cairo to discuss Qatar crisis and the next steps on July 05.
 
JoeCanuck
Posts: 4328
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:30 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 am

edu2703 wrote:
Confirmed: KSA and allies agreed to extend the ultimatum deadline by 48 hours.

Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Saudia Arabia, UAE to meet in Cairo to discuss Qatar crisis and the next steps on July 05.


....and Qatar raises middle finger of other hand.

I lived in Qatar for a while last decade...and spent a lot of time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Frankly, there isn't much difference between the UAE and Qatar, on any practical basis...and that's near the root of the problem. They are both small, rich countries ruled by royal families whose main objective is to increase their own wealth and power, especially in comparison to their neighbors.

The biggest difference is that Qatar has made its path closer to Dubai's than Abu Dhabi's. All the noise we hear from the UAE is coming from Abu Dhabi, who has grown weary of playing second fiddle to Dubai on the global front, (which explains the existence of Etihad), and it really doesn't want to be third string behind Doha as well.

I am baffled why they would choose to take their marching orders from Saudi, though. In truth, the UAE, isn't all that united. There is a lot of behind the scenes drama in inter Emerati relations.
What the...?
 
TheF15Ace
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 am

JoeCanuck wrote:
....and Qatar raises middle finger of other hand.

I lived in Qatar for a while last decade...and spent a lot of time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Frankly, there isn't much difference between the UAE and Qatar, on any practical basis...and that's near the root of the problem. They are both small, rich countries ruled by royal families whose main objective is to increase their own wealth and power, especially in comparison to their neighbors.

The biggest difference is that Qatar has made its path closer to Dubai's than Abu Dhabi's. All the noise we hear from the UAE is coming from Abu Dhabi, who has grown weary of playing second fiddle to Dubai on the global front, (which explains the existence of Etihad), and it really doesn't want to be third string behind Doha as well.

I am baffled why they would choose to take their marching orders from Saudi, though. In truth, the UAE, isn't all that united. There is a lot of behind the scenes drama in inter Emerati relations.


Sad part is Abu Dhabi doesn't realize that by blindly following KSA (first into Yemen, now this), they are slowly pissing away what the UAE as a whole have spent years and billions of dollars to build. All it would take is for one ugly incident for the world perception to change. While not Dubai, Abu Dhabi is still a great city, light-years ahead of the likes of Saudi. I hope the country doesn't go backwards.
 
User avatar
PerfectGriffin
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:35 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 am

edu2703 wrote:
Confirmed: KSA and allies agreed to extend the ultimatum deadline by 48 hours.

Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Saudia Arabia, UAE to meet in Cairo to discuss Qatar crisis and the next steps on July 05.


As if that will change anything. Qatar was already rejecting the ultimatum the day they were first told about it. Seems like the Gulf countries weren't expecting Qatar to be so bold and reject all demands, and instead thought they'd accept some and negotiate others.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 5318
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

Not a chance in hell that Qatar will agree to any of this bullying, it will drag on and on, the demands are set too high. Also read the list of "unpublished demands"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40476821
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:40 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

Switzerland is the classic mediator or neutral go between.

read: http://www.americanswiss.org/switzerlan ... d-offices/

I have been stupid again searching the internet instead of letting people find things themselves.

Takkar fyrir!
I did search but came up with nothing. And while this page does show a few conflicts where they did participate in the mediation (mostly as part of a multy-party effort, for example OSCE), that is hardly being the classic mediator. But, whatever, this is really off topic anyway.


It is the classic mediator, if you show me one country having mediated more often than Switzerland, than do it instead putting out unsupported statements. I pointed to something coming up nearly instantly on the net and you seem to not even having bothered to read it. That you have not followed modern history is not my problem.

Have you read the posts I wrote earlier? In fact you just quoted it. It's all there, my example of Norway. I don't know if it's more or less than Switzerland, but I have included some of the conflicts Norway has played a major part in mediating.
And I did search Google, it all depends on the search term you put in, which I am sure you are well aware of. No need for hyperbole and accusations.
 
gunnerman
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

For anyone who'd like to know how the ban affects DOH and QR, here is a report by a passenger who flew into and out of DOH.
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/qatar-airways-doha-airport-diplomatic-incident-flights-affected-empty-planes-is-it-safe-a7843311.html
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26969
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Bahrain ease airspace restrictions on Qatar

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

Bahrain is the first country that relaxes airspace restrictions on Qatar:

“While the first ease of Bahrain FIR airspace to Qatar is effective tomorrow, more airspace is scheduled to open effective August 17,” a tweet from noted aviation analyst Alex Macheras said.


Article
http://www.qatarscoop.com/qatar/airspac ... ing-today/
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
dubaiamman243
Topic Author
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am

Bahrain to ease airspace restriction on Qatar starting from tomorrow.
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:
 
User avatar
rotating14
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... story.html

We can add the United Arab Emirates to that list as well.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am

Found some bits of news claiming Egypt eased the airspace restrictions on Qatar. This means only Saudi Arabia is left?
 
dubaiamman243
Topic Author
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Till now, not a single Qatari plane is crossing any of the 4 countries airspace.
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:
 
UAEflyer
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Official statement was released from Saudi, Bahrain, and UAE civil aviation authorities said that they didn't open their airspace and no Qatar registration aircraft entered or allowed to enter their airspace.. UAE only said they allow Qatari airplanes to use the international airspace which they manages.
Doesn't look like things are easing soon.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 22535
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 pm

To comply with ICAO ruling, both Bahrain and UAE jointly published new routes in/out of Doha.

Image

Image

They also issued Notam formally opening their airspace to Qatar aircraft.

Image
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
dubaiamman243
Topic Author
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 pm

The first Qatari registered aircraft is crossing UAE airspace.
QR: 1137. MCT-DOH
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:
 
User avatar
AAlaxfan
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Anything new? It's been 2 months since last post and I haven't seen or heard anything new in the news or on this site.
Grumpy. Not a dwarf, not an attitude. It's a lifestyle.
 
dubaiamman243
Topic Author
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 am

AAlaxfan wrote:
Anything new? It's been 2 months since last post and I haven't seen or heard anything new in the news or on this site.


Nothing new. except that few Qatari aircraft are entering the UAE airspace.
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26969
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 am

Little update.

Al Baker today revealed the net result of the blockade: 11% network gone and 20% revenue vanished.

Akbar: @qatarairways lost 11% of network, 20% of revenue due to political crisis. Are replacing 20 destinations lost w new ones #CAPASummit


Akbar: @qatarairways expects loss this year but is robust, will persevere and expand. Will ensure bullying tacits won't succeed #CAPASummit


Akbar doesn't know when blockade will end but @qatarairways continue to expand and taking more aircraft. #CAPASummit


https://twitter.com/CAPA_Aviation/
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Avionics09
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 am

Moroccan monarch King Mohammed VI just landed in Doha on board his latest B747-8 gifted to him by the ruler of the UAE. He spent the last 5 days in the UAE where he attended the grand opening of the Louvre museum Abu Dhabi. Is this the first flight operating between the UAE and Qatar since the embargo?

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAaZqOlFu4
 
LTCM
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Little update.

Al Baker today revealed the net result of the blockade: 11% network gone and 20% revenue vanished.

Akbar: @qatarairways lost 11% of network, 20% of revenue due to political crisis. Are replacing 20 destinations lost w new ones #CAPASummit


Akbar: @qatarairways expects loss this year but is robust, will persevere and expand. Will ensure bullying tacits won't succeed #CAPASummit


Akbar doesn't know when blockade will end but @qatarairways continue to expand and taking more aircraft. #CAPASummit


https://twitter.com/CAPA_Aviation/


It's not a blockade.
 
sxf24
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 am

Avionics09 wrote:
Moroccan monarch King Mohammed VI just landed in Doha on board his latest B747-8 gifted to him by the ruler of the UAE. He spent the last 5 days in the UAE where he attended the grand opening of the Louvre museum Abu Dhabi. Is this the first flight operating between the UAE and Qatar since the embargo?

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAaZqOlFu4


Small point, it is a 747-400 that the Moroccan government purchased from the UAE.
 
Avionics09
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am

sxf24 wrote:
Avionics09 wrote:
Moroccan monarch King Mohammed VI just landed in Doha on board his latest B747-8 gifted to him by the ruler of the UAE. He spent the last 5 days in the UAE where he attended the grand opening of the Louvre museum Abu Dhabi. Is this the first flight operating between the UAE and Qatar since the embargo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAaZqOlFu4


Small point, it is a 747-400 that the Moroccan government purchased from the UAE.


Smaller point, It in fact is a B747-8 ( simply look at the pic I posted) ;)

Image

This aircraft ex- A6-UAE came to replace the former B744 CN-MBH (Mohammed Ben Hassan= Mohammed son of Hassan II) also gifted by the UAE now registered CN-TSD.
 
sxf24
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 am

Avionics09 wrote:
sxf24 wrote:
Avionics09 wrote:
Moroccan monarch King Mohammed VI just landed in Doha on board his latest B747-8 gifted to him by the ruler of the UAE. He spent the last 5 days in the UAE where he attended the grand opening of the Louvre museum Abu Dhabi. Is this the first flight operating between the UAE and Qatar since the embargo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAaZqOlFu4


Small point, it is a 747-400 that the Moroccan government purchased from the UAE.


Smaller point, It in fact is a B747-8 ( simply look at the pic I posted) ;)

Image

This aircraft ex- A6-UAE came to replace the former B744 CN-MBH (Mohammed Ben Hassan= Mohammed son of Hassan II) also gifted by the UAE now registered CN-TSD.


CN-MBH is not a 747-8.
 
MoonC
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 am

sxf24 wrote:
Avionics09 wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Small point, it is a 747-400 that the Moroccan government purchased from the UAE.


Smaller point, It in fact is a B747-8 ( simply look at the pic I posted) ;)

Image

This aircraft ex- A6-UAE came to replace the former B744 CN-MBH (Mohammed Ben Hassan= Mohammed son of Hassan II) also gifted by the UAE now registered CN-TSD.


CN-MBH is not a 747-8.


It is now. The 747-400 has been registered CN-TSD, and the 747-8i has taken up CN-MBH.
 
Avionics09
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am

sxf24 wrote:
Avionics09 wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Small point, it is a 747-400 that the Moroccan government purchased from the UAE.


Smaller point, It in fact is a B747-8 ( simply look at the pic I posted) ;)

Image

This aircraft ex- A6-UAE came to replace the former B744 CN-MBH (Mohammed Ben Hassan= Mohammed son of Hassan II) also gifted by the UAE now registered CN-TSD.


CN-MBH is not a 747-8.


Dude hard headed much?! Did you even bother to look on the aircraft info on the pic I posted or you just go by your confidently lack of knowledge? On the pic it clearly says B747-8BBJ. Go on flightradar24 or planespotters.net and search for CN-MBH. Maybe it's hard to swallow that Morocco has an B747-8 ?
 
User avatar
Qatara340
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 2:07 am

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 am

There will be a GCC summit Tuesday and it is widely expected that the blockading countries will attend with the addition of Qatar. This could perhaps mean the end of these airspace restrictions... knowing how unpredictable the situation is, it is anyone's call.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 am

Avionics09 wrote:
Did you even bother to look on the aircraft info on the pic I posted or you just go by your confidently lack of knowledge? On the pic it clearly says B747-8BBJ.


From where I'm looking, you're being just as hard-headed. While the FR24 tracking is for the new 748, the picture clearly shows the old 744.

sxf24 wrote:
CN-MBH is not a 747-8.


The old 744 c/n 28551 is now stored in Germany. The new 748, c/n 37500 does appear to have very recently entered service as the new CN-MBH.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Avionics09
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:41 pm

scbriml wrote:
Avionics09 wrote:
Did you even bother to look on the aircraft info on the pic I posted or you just go by your confidently lack of knowledge? On the pic it clearly says B747-8BBJ.


From where I'm looking, you're being just as hard-headed. While the FR24 tracking is for the new 748, the picture clearly shows the old 744.

sxf24 wrote:
CN-MBH is not a 747-8.


The old 744 c/n 28551 is now stored in Germany. The new 748, c/n 37500 does appear to have very recently entered service as the new CN-MBH.


Aircraft info clearly says: Boeing 747-8Z5 (BBJ) I said ''Smaller point, It in fact is a B747-8 ( simply look at the pic I posted) ;) '' referring to the entire screenshot of the flight track and aircraft info. Anywho if you're being corrected (by several posters) simply do a quick search to make your case seem strong instead of repeating the same inaccurate info. And not everyone has the trained eye to distinguish B744 from B748 based a picture , hence the info provided under the image itself.

The former (ex-CN-MBH) Govt' B744 now CN-TSD is to be returned to the UAE within a few weeks.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos