777GE90 wrote:
edu2703 wrote:
Rumor: In the next 48 hours:

1. Kuwait to cut ALL ties with Qatar
2. Jordan to cut ALL ties with Qatar
3. GCC to cut ALL ties with Turkey

Very intersting.

Source?

Dr. Jasim Khalfan via Twitter https://twitter.com/DrJasimKhalfan/stat ... 8488681472

And the tweet has been deleted. So much for that.

Jetty

Re: Bahrain, Egypt and KSA closed their airspace for Qatar

Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:12 am

edu2703 wrote:

That's not a reliable source at all. When someone claims ISIS, Turkey and Qatar are zionists in a secret complot with Israel I know enough.

Monty1988

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:55 am

CanadaFair wrote:
Kuwait mediator to take a u-turn LOL!

Not going to happen.

mjoelnir

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
My question remains...when/where/in what conflict was that? I would say Norway has been far more active as mediator, such as in the Oslo deal between Israel and the PLO, in the conflict in Sri Lanka, in mediations between FARC and the Colombian government... But Switzerland?...

Switzerland is the classic mediator or neutral go between.

read: http://www.americanswiss.org/switzerlan ... d-offices/

I have been stupid again searching the internet instead of letting people find things themselves.

Takkar fyrir!
I did search but came up with nothing. And while this page does show a few conflicts where they did participate in the mediation (mostly as part of a multy-party effort, for example OSCE), that is hardly being the classic mediator. But, whatever, this is really off topic anyway.

It is the classic mediator, if you show me one country having mediated more often than Switzerland, than do it instead putting out unsupported statements. I pointed to something coming up nearly instantly on the net and you seem to not even having bothered to read it. That you have not followed modern history is not my problem.

edu2703

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Confirmed: KSA and allies agreed to extend the ultimatum deadline by 48 hours.

Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Saudia Arabia, UAE to meet in Cairo to discuss Qatar crisis and the next steps on July 05.

JoeCanuck

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 am

edu2703 wrote:

Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Saudia Arabia, UAE to meet in Cairo to discuss Qatar crisis and the next steps on July 05.

....and Qatar raises middle finger of other hand.

I lived in Qatar for a while last decade...and spent a lot of time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Frankly, there isn't much difference between the UAE and Qatar, on any practical basis...and that's near the root of the problem. They are both small, rich countries ruled by royal families whose main objective is to increase their own wealth and power, especially in comparison to their neighbors.

The biggest difference is that Qatar has made its path closer to Dubai's than Abu Dhabi's. All the noise we hear from the UAE is coming from Abu Dhabi, who has grown weary of playing second fiddle to Dubai on the global front, (which explains the existence of Etihad), and it really doesn't want to be third string behind Doha as well.

I am baffled why they would choose to take their marching orders from Saudi, though. In truth, the UAE, isn't all that united. There is a lot of behind the scenes drama in inter Emerati relations.
What the...?

TheF15Ace

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 am

JoeCanuck wrote:
....and Qatar raises middle finger of other hand.

I lived in Qatar for a while last decade...and spent a lot of time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Frankly, there isn't much difference between the UAE and Qatar, on any practical basis...and that's near the root of the problem. They are both small, rich countries ruled by royal families whose main objective is to increase their own wealth and power, especially in comparison to their neighbors.

The biggest difference is that Qatar has made its path closer to Dubai's than Abu Dhabi's. All the noise we hear from the UAE is coming from Abu Dhabi, who has grown weary of playing second fiddle to Dubai on the global front, (which explains the existence of Etihad), and it really doesn't want to be third string behind Doha as well.

I am baffled why they would choose to take their marching orders from Saudi, though. In truth, the UAE, isn't all that united. There is a lot of behind the scenes drama in inter Emerati relations.

Sad part is Abu Dhabi doesn't realize that by blindly following KSA (first into Yemen, now this), they are slowly pissing away what the UAE as a whole have spent years and billions of dollars to build. All it would take is for one ugly incident for the world perception to change. While not Dubai, Abu Dhabi is still a great city, light-years ahead of the likes of Saudi. I hope the country doesn't go backwards.

PerfectGriffin

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 am

edu2703 wrote:

As if that will change anything. Qatar was already rejecting the ultimatum the day they were first told about it. Seems like the Gulf countries weren't expecting Qatar to be so bold and reject all demands, and instead thought they'd accept some and negotiate others.

readytotaxi

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

Not a chance in hell that Qatar will agree to any of this bullying, it will drag on and on, the demands are set too high. Also read the list of "unpublished demands"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40476821
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

MalevTU134

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:40 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

Switzerland is the classic mediator or neutral go between.

read: http://www.americanswiss.org/switzerlan ... d-offices/

I have been stupid again searching the internet instead of letting people find things themselves.

Takkar fyrir!
I did search but came up with nothing. And while this page does show a few conflicts where they did participate in the mediation (mostly as part of a multy-party effort, for example OSCE), that is hardly being the classic mediator. But, whatever, this is really off topic anyway.

It is the classic mediator, if you show me one country having mediated more often than Switzerland, than do it instead putting out unsupported statements. I pointed to something coming up nearly instantly on the net and you seem to not even having bothered to read it. That you have not followed modern history is not my problem.

Have you read the posts I wrote earlier? In fact you just quoted it. It's all there, my example of Norway. I don't know if it's more or less than Switzerland, but I have included some of the conflicts Norway has played a major part in mediating.
And I did search Google, it all depends on the search term you put in, which I am sure you are well aware of. No need for hyperbole and accusations.

gunnerman

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

For anyone who'd like to know how the ban affects DOH and QR, here is a report by a passenger who flew into and out of DOH.
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/qatar-airways-doha-airport-diplomatic-incident-flights-affected-empty-planes-is-it-safe-a7843311.html

KarelXWB
Crew

Bahrain ease airspace restrictions on Qatar

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

Bahrain is the first country that relaxes airspace restrictions on Qatar:

“While the first ease of Bahrain FIR airspace to Qatar is effective tomorrow, more airspace is scheduled to open effective August 17,” a tweet from noted aviation analyst Alex Macheras said.

Article
http://www.qatarscoop.com/qatar/airspac ... ing-today/
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am

Bahrain to ease airspace restriction on Qatar starting from tomorrow.

rotating14

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... story.html

We can add the United Arab Emirates to that list as well.

AirbusA343

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am

Found some bits of news claiming Egypt eased the airspace restrictions on Qatar. This means only Saudi Arabia is left?

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Till now, not a single Qatari plane is crossing any of the 4 countries airspace.

UAEflyer

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Official statement was released from Saudi, Bahrain, and UAE civil aviation authorities said that they didn't open their airspace and no Qatar registration aircraft entered or allowed to enter their airspace.. UAE only said they allow Qatari airplanes to use the international airspace which they manages.
Doesn't look like things are easing soon.

LAXintl

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 pm

To comply with ICAO ruling, both Bahrain and UAE jointly published new routes in/out of Doha.

They also issued Notam formally opening their airspace to Qatar aircraft.

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 pm

The first Qatari registered aircraft is crossing UAE airspace.
QR: 1137. MCT-DOH

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos