Topic Author

Gatwick flights leave without luggage

Fri May 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Haven't seen this being posted anywhere. Quite a nightmare for passengers
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-40056159

TC957

Re: Gatwick flights leave without luggage

Fri May 26, 2017 12:10 pm

As usual with anything to do with aviation, the press are making a meal out of it with negative reporting.
The tech issue with the outbound flight baggage has been fixed and those whose bags remained at LGW whilst they departed will have them forwarded on by the airline....all airlines were affected by this.
Goes to show importance of correctly labeling your checked-in bags with destination address details.
Personally, I write them out for my clients when sending travel documents.

LJ

Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

TC957 wrote:
As usual with anything to do with aviation, the press are making a meal out of it with negative reporting.
The tech issue with the outbound flight baggage has been fixed and those whose bags remained at LGW whilst they departed will have them forwarded on by the airline....all airlines were affected by this.
Goes to show importance of correctly labeling your checked-in bags with destination address details.

Seems like you haven't missed your bags once when going on a tour. If so, you know this can be a serious problem for many people (not to mention that one can only hope that they don't send it to the wrong adress). As such it is a big deal and very big inconvenience for the passengers.

jayunited

Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 pm

TC957 wrote:

I don't think they are making a meal out of it, it is a huge inconvenience when you arrive your destination without your bag. While this is not fault of any airline the airlines still have a massive problem to deal with. Airlines that operate wide bodies can recover from this a lot faster than airlines that operate narrow body aircraft especially if the outage lasted for a few hours. The longer the outage more difficult the recovery will be because the bags just continue to add up.

Another reason why this is a huge inconvenience is because its cruise season so for those passenger who are going on a cruise they probably are extremely worried how they are going to get their bags. Trying to have your bags catch up to your ship can be a nightmare for passengers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos