User avatar
airportugal310
Topic Author
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 pm

TAP Portugal A330 C Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Does anyone know which TAP A330's have the new F class product (I think TOS/TOL have them direct from Azul but don't quote me) but are the others getting them and at what pace?

Thanks
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo fixed
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories
 
User avatar
MaxiAir
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm

First, I'm sure you mean C product, as TAP hasn't got First class.

The aircraft you talk about are CS-TOS and -TOT, these A330-243's are leaving the TAP fleet as we speak, with -TOT having been ferried back to Azul already 4 days ago. Bot feature the quite excellent Azul onboard product. That's why they were placed primarily on the NYC route.

They are being replaced with 3 incoming A330-343's, which are ex SQ birds and will be registered CS-TOU, -TOV, -TOW. Those are rumoured to feature an interim product, maybe the SQ product with only changed seat covers, but who knows....

The first A330-941 is due soon and will surely feature a new onboard product.
Flown on - 306, 318, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 359, 388, 712, 733, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 744, 748, 752, 753, 763, 772, 77L, 77W, MD11, CR7, CR9, E35, E45, E90, E95, AR1, AR8, DHT, DH1, DH4, and some more ;)

www.facebook.com/flyMaxiAir
 
User avatar
airportugal310
Topic Author
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Ah yes very good thanks MaxiAir. Only reason I ask is because I booked "C" (as you say...my mistake) on BOS-LIS-BOS this August, which showed on the seat map as the new product. It's a short flight, so not a huge deal.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories
 
User avatar
MaxiAir
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
Ah yes very good thanks MaxiAir. Only reason I ask is because I booked "C" (as you say...my mistake) on BOS-LIS-BOS this August, which showed on the seat map as the new product. It's a short flight, so not a huge deal.


Well, TAP is also refurbishing 7 of their other A332's, at least the 5 relatively new A330-202's CS-TOL, - TOM, -TON, -TOO and -TOP are getting refurbished and 2 more, but I'm unsure which 2 these will be.

So you might be lucky and get one of these refurbished ones.
Flown on - 306, 318, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 359, 388, 712, 733, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 744, 748, 752, 753, 763, 772, 77L, 77W, MD11, CR7, CR9, E35, E45, E90, E95, AR1, AR8, DHT, DH1, DH4, and some more ;)

www.facebook.com/flyMaxiAir
 
airbazar
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
Ah yes very good thanks MaxiAir. Only reason I ask is because I booked "C" (as you say...my mistake) on BOS-LIS-BOS this August, which showed on the seat map as the new product. It's a short flight, so not a huge deal.

I wouldn't be shocked if by August the equipment on this route changes to one of the "new" A333's. 3 A333's seem appropriate for 2xNYC and 1xBOS.
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

I believe BOS was one of the routes that saw the Azul aircraft they were leasing, so I'd imagine BOS will get the newer refurbed aircraft as soon as they come online.
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 pm

SQ will replace the A330-300?
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
airbazar
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 pm

AIRTRANSAT767 wrote:
SQ will replace the A330-300?

Yes. All A333's are leased and are leaving the fleet as the leases expire. Some have already found new homes. A couple went to Transasia, a few to HX (Hong Kong Airlines), one to SN (Brussels Airlines), and now 3 to TP.
 
LXwing
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
Does anyone know which TAP A330's have the new F class product (I think TOS/TOL have them direct from Azul but don't quote me) but are the others getting them and at what pace?

Thanks


Currently TOL/M/N are already refurbished with new cabins C25Y244 including staggered full lie flat seats in C. TOR is under refurbishment and will return operation soon. TOO/P/Q will get the same upgrade until the end of the year.
 
LXwing
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Sat May 20, 2017 12:03 am

The ex-SQ birds are indeed suposed to feature the same SQ cabin with changed covers. The rumour is that 4 will come instead of the planned 3 so that one of the oldest A332 is retired. They should be used mainly on routes with high demands including in C, mostly GRU, GIG and some others in Brazil. The refurbished birds will do mostly de north american routes including the upcoming YYZ.
As for the new A339neo the deliveries will only start on 1Q 2018.
 
airbazar
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: TAP Portugal A330 F Refurbs

Mon May 22, 2017 3:03 pm

LXwing wrote:
The ex-SQ birds are indeed suposed to feature the same SQ cabin with changed covers. The rumour is that 4 will come instead of the planned 3 so that one of the oldest A332 is retired. They should be used mainly on routes with high demands including in C, mostly GRU, GIG and some others in Brazil. The refurbished birds will do mostly de north american routes including the upcoming YYZ.
As for the new A339neo the deliveries will only start on 1Q 2018.

Makes a lot of sense. If they're not going to fit these ex-SQ birds with lie-flat J and premium economy then they should not be deployed in N.America.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos