Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EI202

Re: Irish 4/17: Remembering the fallen

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am

Won't this make the flights more expensive? The benefits of flying Norwegian seem to be ever-shrinking

BrianDromey

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 am

Are there any bus gates beyond USCBP? Could Norwegians passengers be bussed to remote stands?

JAmie2k9

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:03 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Are there any bus gates beyond USCBP? Could Norwegians passengers be bussed to remote stands?

In theory yes but cant US authorities been to happy about it, thats even if its allowed.

lesfalls

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm

OA260 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Over 600 passengers affected as fault halts Aer Lingus jet

Around 660 Aer Lingus passengers had their travel plans disrupted over the last 24 hours due to a technical issue with one of its aircraft.

A flight from Dublin to JFK Airport in New York and the subsequent return flight from JFK to Dublin were cancelled yesterday due to what an Aer Lingus spokesman called "a technical issue with one of the aircraft in the fleet".

Around 600 passengers in total on the flight to New York and on the return flight were reaccommodated the spokesman said.

Earlier today an Air Lingus flight from Dublin to Orlando, using the same aircraft, an Airbus A330, was also cancelled for the same reason, the spokesperson said, with 66 passengers affected.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0419/868614-news-in-brief/

Air Lingus ? And from RTE too ;)

I had a friend on that flight. He said that he had to wait 3 hours at the gate and an extra 2 on the plane. A passanger even got arrested he told me. He also said that EI handeld it really badly. One of the biggest problems was that they weren't going to have an extra flight the next day and would squeeze everyone into the already scheduled flights. Thankfully he left the following day.

Sorry to hear that. Sadly over the last few years when things go wrong EI are not as flexible or good as they once were. Especially at out stations where the handling agent does not care as they have no loyalty to EI passengers. I have often heard that they blame EI proceedures to why they cant help but it really is an excuse to get out of it and pass the buck. On the other hand I hear people who say EI do indeed heavily restrict what handling agents can have authority to do which has in the past left passengers on the floor overnight in foreign airports. It is certainly something that needs to be improved.

With regards pre order I finally got someone to tell me the truth as to why I cant pre book meals on the majority of my flights. EI quietly axed it yet it still advertises it on the booking email confirmation. At least now we now its gone and only the upgraded meals TATL can be pre ordered. Again a bit of a good aspect of the product gone.

No worries. Funny enough EI had always been his favorite airline and even after this incident his view hasn't changed. I hope though with the two new A330s coming in the future(not sure when. Someone Know by chance?) they won't have these problems as much.

lesfalls

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

In theory yes but cant US authorities been to happy about it, thats even if its allowed.

I find it strange that they would be using Pre-clearance because SWF wants to expand their customs area.

BrianDromey

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Could the US authorities have insisted that if pre-clearance is open then it must be used?
I know there were capacity constraints a few years back, but do any US flights from DUB or SNN not pre-clear?

JAmie2k9

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 pm

lesfalls wrote:
OA260 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
I had a friend on that flight. He said that he had to wait 3 hours at the gate and an extra 2 on the plane. A passanger even got arrested he told me. He also said that EI handeld it really badly. One of the biggest problems was that they weren't going to have an extra flight the next day and would squeeze everyone into the already scheduled flights. Thankfully he left the following day.

Sorry to hear that. Sadly over the last few years when things go wrong EI are not as flexible or good as they once were. Especially at out stations where the handling agent does not care as they have no loyalty to EI passengers. I have often heard that they blame EI proceedures to why they cant help but it really is an excuse to get out of it and pass the buck. On the other hand I hear people who say EI do indeed heavily restrict what handling agents can have authority to do which has in the past left passengers on the floor overnight in foreign airports. It is certainly something that needs to be improved.

With regards pre order I finally got someone to tell me the truth as to why I cant pre book meals on the majority of my flights. EI quietly axed it yet it still advertises it on the booking email confirmation. At least now we now its gone and only the upgraded meals TATL can be pre ordered. Again a bit of a good aspect of the product gone.

No worries. Funny enough EI had always been his favorite airline and even after this incident his view hasn't changed. I hope though with the two new A330s coming in the future(not sure when. Someone Know by chance?) they won't have these problems as much.

One due May and around December. There will only increase schedule gaps from 2 to 3 weekly.

JAmie2k9

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:20 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Could the US authorities have insisted that if pre-clearance is open then it must be used?
I know there were capacity constraints a few years back, but do any US flights from DUB or SNN not pre-clear?

Unlikely, if anything the pressure has always been on them to keep up with demand. All clear now except ET.

OA260

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 am

COME FLY WITH US Aer Lingus announces it’s set to hire apprentices again for the first time since 2014
The airline say they're keen to increase their intake of female applicants

AER LINGUS has announced it is relaunching its maintenance and engineering programme for the first time since 2014.

The scheme would see apprentices pass through seven phases, including on-the-job training at the Aer Lingus Maintenance and Engineering Hangar at Dublin Airport.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/905714/aer-l ... ince-2014/

---

Anti-terror security at Dublin Airport scaled back: Just three armed officers on duty

'We must be prepared for terror attack,' warn gardaí

Anti-terror security at Dublin Airport has been scaled back despite the threat of terror in Europe, gardaí have warned.

Only three armed Garda officers are on duty there, while the recently established Armed Support Unit has been restricted to manning a number of checkpoints a day on roads around the perimeter.

A Stockholm-style terrorist truck attack on a crowded street could happen here, the Garda Representative Association (GRA) conference was told.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/anti ... 54850.html

OA260

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Six new routes have been announced for Belfast International Airport.

Airline Jet2 have revealed eight new destinations, including six exclusive routes.

The exclusive routes are:

Antalya, Turkey
Madeira, Portugal
Crete, Greece
Costa de Almeria, Spain
Naples, Italy
Paphos, Cyprus
Malta and Rhodes have also been added to the airline's offering for summer 2018.

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfa ... s-12945022

OA260

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 am

Government talk about balanced regional development and Cork's position as a counterpoint to Dublin has been overshadowed by the latest air travel figures, writes Rob McNamara.
Despite the 8% growth of Cork Airport in 2016, its share of the air passengers travelling through the country is dwarfed by Dublin Airport, according to the latest aviation statistics.
Central Statistic Office (CSO) figures show that of the 33m passengers travelling through Irish airports last year, 84.6% travelled through Dublin Airport compared to 6.8% in Cork Airport – the second biggest airport in the State.
An additional 3.1m passengers passed through the country last year compared to 2015 and Dublin picked up a 92% share of these.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/airp ... 87267.html

dstc47

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 am

Norwegian have started advertising their new transatlantic services on Dublin Bus.

OA260

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:31 pm

First time seeing EI REL in BE livery.

JAmie2k9

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:16 pm

dstc47 wrote:
Norwegian have started advertising their new transatlantic services on Dublin Bus.

Also advertising at Heuston Station on the big screen as well.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 pm

We're at the end of April ... which means a new Irish thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1361887

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos