Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mia

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri May 12, 2017 11:28 am

I think NYC-MSY could benefit from another entrant. Either AA or NK could do the trick.

msycajun

Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 pm

What your thoughts on new/expanded service from MSY?

My priorities would be:
AM/DL: MEX
AS: PDX
WN: daily service to RDU and PIT; MKE, {CUN, MBJ, NAS, BZE} now that WN has the ability to do less than daily flights, I think these could do well 1-3 weekly
DL: daily service to CVG, SEA, and BOS
AA: PHX, 2+ daily to LGA
WS: YYZ, YYC, YUL
NK: MSP, PHL, BDL (maybe 3-4 weekly), CUN, MBJ, SAP (if AV or someone else won't)
G4: SJU, IAG, RIC, ABQ

AA would have a formidable network if it added NYC and PHX to the map and would have a shot at displacing DL as the legacy of choice.

jplatts

Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Southwest could possibly add new nonstops from MSY to MSP, DTW, CVG, CLE, CLT, BOS, LGA, and PHL.

NolaMD88fan

Fri May 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Here's my list:

AM: MEX
NK or TA: SAP
AC: YUL
WS: YYC
AS: PDX
DL: BOS, SEA
AA: LGA
F9: PHX, LAS
WN: RDU (daily), IND (daily), PIT (daily), CMH (daily), MKE (weekly), CUN
G4: OKC, RFD, IAG, TYS

LAX772LR

Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
What your thoughts on new/expanded service from MSY?

INTERNATIONAL:
DY - 1weekly CDG, 1weekly LGW
DE - 1weekly MUC, year-round FRA
AM - MEX
AC - Saturday YUL
TA - 3weekly SAP

DOMESTIC:
G4 - TYS, ABQ
DL - SEA, BOS
AS - PDX
NK - (Caribbean in general)
WN - OKC, BUF, SNA

Sorta torn on SAP. Much as I would love to see TA finally back, NK might be better suited to do it, as they could even offer those pax cnnx to NYC, LAX, Florida, etc.

msycajun

Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm

More detailed passenger numbers from February are out:
http://www.flymsy.com/Files/Press/FebruaryAirlineStatistics2017.pdf

As was mentioned, the total was basically flat when factoring in leap year comparison.
International numbers up 66% year to date and that doesn't include the BA charter flight
GLO posted a nice increase of nearly 50% year over year

NolaMD88fan

Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 am

February domestic and November international passenger and load factor stats by route have been calculated.

Overall domestic load factor in Feb. was 78.3% and year to date domestic load factor for the first two months of the year was 76.1%. WN's MSY-LAX route had the highest load factor at 93.3% and GLO's MSY-SHV route had the lowest load factor at 35.7% in Feb.

International load factors in November were 79.1% for AC's MSY-YYZ route, and 72.9% for CM's MSY-PTY route. Overall international load factor for the month was 76.4%. Year to date load factor through November 2016 was 77.3% for all routes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

B747forever

Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 am

On Saturday I am flying LAX-DFW-MSY-LHR-ARN (I know, crazy route). Are AA/BA operating out of the same terminal/gate area or will I have to change terminals and clear security again? Will be my first time through MSY.

LAX772LR

Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 am

B747forever wrote:
On Saturday I am flying LAX-DFW-MSY-LHR-ARN (I know, crazy route). Are AA/BA operating out of the same terminal/gate area or will I have to change terminals and clear security again? Will be my first time through MSY.

Nope, you're good.
They're right across the aisle from each other in Concourse C.

You'll arrive on AA at either gate C8, C10, C12, or C14.
You'll depart on BA at gate C11.

.....and as a SoCal person, take my advice:
Walk down to the Smoothie King kiosk (towards security, on your left), and order a "Caribbean Way."
You'll never willfully drink at Jamba Juice again. ;)

msycajun

Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm

B747forever wrote:

That's pretty wild - all on one ticket? I have to say it's great to see someone making a connection to an international flight at MSY!

B747forever

Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
B747forever wrote:

Nope, you're good.
They're right across the aisle from each other in Concourse C.

You'll arrive on AA at either gate C8, C10, C12, or C14.
You'll depart on BA at gate C11.

.....and as a SoCal person, take my advice:
Walk down to the Smoothie King kiosk (towards security, on your left), and order a "Caribbean Way."
You'll never willfully drink at Jamba Juice again. ;)

Sounds good. Have about an hour and twenty minutes between the flights. Will absolutely try the "Caribbean Way".

B747forever

Fri May 19, 2017 5:28 pm

msycajun wrote:
B747forever wrote:

That's pretty wild - all on one ticket? I have to say it's great to see someone making a connection to an international flight at MSY!

Yes, all on one ticket. Bought this routing specifically so I could try the new MSY-LHR flight. I am a bit of a junky when it comes to flying and finding creative routings. Flying back home a couple of days later via ARN-LHR-SEA-LAX.

LAX772LR

Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 am

msycajun wrote:
I have to say it's great to see someone making a connection to an international flight at MSY!

^This. Interesting that both of us who did it originate in LAX. :highfive:

B747forever wrote:
Yes, all on one ticket. Bought this routing specifically so I could try the new MSY-LHR flight.

If you don't mind saying, did they allow you to book this sorta routing through miles, or just paid cash?

B747forever

Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 am

LAX772LR wrote:

B747forever wrote:
Yes, all on one ticket. Bought this routing specifically so I could try the new MSY-LHR flight.

If you don't mind saying, did they allow you to book this sorta routing through miles, or just paid cash?

Paid about $560 for ARN-LHR-DUB-LAX-DFW-MSY-LHR-ARN. When purchasing the ticket I booked it as a multi-city, ARN-DUB//DUB-LAX//LAX-MSY//MSY-ARN.

Having family in Sweden I fly between LAX-ARN about 4-6 times a year. As I have flown LAX-LHR-ARN countless of times I always try to find creative routings when I can afford to "waste" a couple of extra hours enroute. Flying back home the following week will be via ARN-LHR-SEA-LAX. The longest routing I have flown so far between ARN-LAX was two years ago when I flew ARN-LHR-ORD-CMH-DFW-LAX. You should have seen the face of the check in agent at ARN!

LAX772LR

Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 am

B747forever wrote:
Will absolutely try the "Caribbean Way".

Indeed, you should. And if you decide to go back for a second one, try a "Light & Fluffy" afterwards.

....just stay away from the Lucky Dogs kiosk though, unless you want an intestinal exorcism at 39,000ft. ;) :(

B747forever wrote:
The longest routing I have flown so far between ARN-LAX was two years ago when I flew ARN-LHR-ORD-CMH-DFW-LAX. You should have seen the face of the check in agent at ARN!

And see, when I do stuff like that, ~I~ get detained. :?

Had to sit for more than an hour trying to explain to some sh!tbag at YVR customs what the point of me flying LAX-SEA-YVR/YVR-SEA-HKG-SEA-LAX was. (to position in YVR to take advantage of a sale only offered to Canadian O&D for SEA-HKG).

B747forever

Tue May 23, 2017 4:33 am

Thought I would report back here. So BA224 (MSY-LHR) was delayed about 35min due to late incoming a/c from LHR (BA225). This caused me to miss my connection at LHR to ARN, and was instead rebooked on LHR-DUS-ARN. Was hell of a long day flying LAX-DFW-MSY-LHR-DUS-ARN. Arrived 6 hours later than originally booked.

Anyway, thanks LAX772LR for the tip about the "Caribbean Way". Was refreshing! Also, as you said, arrived at C12, and BA departed out of C11. The terminal at MSY was very quite at that time of the evening. The load on MSY-LHR was good, the gate area was quite busy. In Y I would estimate the load to have been around 80%. All window/aisle seats taken, a few scattered middle seats open. I really hope BA will be able to make this flight work. Must be great for MSY residents to finally have a non stop flight to Europe. BTW, was great to see some real weather for a change, with some T-storm activity in the MSY area. We dont get to experience much of weather events in LA.

Will fly back home in a couple of hours via ARN-LHR-SEA-LAX. Hope it will be without any mishaps this time!

LAX772LR

Tue May 23, 2017 5:25 am

B747forever wrote:
Anyway, thanks LAX772LR for the tip about the "Caribbean Way". Was refreshing!

No prob, glad you tried it!

My mother and I are looking into the details of franchising a few Smoothie Kings in SoCal, considering it's one of only three USA states that they haven't yet penetrated. I grew up on those drinks, miss them so much!

B747forever wrote:
Also, as you said, arrived at C12, and BA departed out of C11. The terminal at MSY was very quite at that time of the evening.

Yeah, the Euro flights and token service to Texas and Atlanta, are about the only things that depart at that time of night.

B747forever wrote:
The load on MSY-LHR was good, the gate area was quite busy. In Y I would estimate the load to have been around 80%. All window/aisle seats taken, a few scattered middle seats open. I really hope BA will be able to make this flight work.

By all indications, they're doing quite well. They increased schedule frequency before the first flight even departed, and one of their representatives stated that their longterm plan is daily and 4class on the route.

B747forever wrote:
Must be great for MSY residents to finally have a non stop flight to Europe.

Have two now :)
LHR and FRA.

B747forever wrote:
Will fly back home in a couple of hours via ARN-LHR-SEA-LAX. Hope it will be without any mishaps this time!

Best wishes.

msycajun

Tue May 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Looks like MSY is getting a few new MAX8 routes from WN in November:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/272961/southwest-outlines-new-boeing-737max-8-markets-from-nov-2017/

DAL, HOU, FLL, SAN, PHX, and LAX. In particular the last three have among the highest loadfactors, so it's good that they're getting additional seats.

NolaMD88fan

Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Airport board has picked a new director. Previous director at SAT and STL, and runs his own aviation consulting business currently. Also, a New Orleans native, so he's coming back home after all of these years away. http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... iver_index

Nice to see some added capacity on those WN routes. LAX in particular is always a full flight.

DJSNOLA

Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Airport board has picked a new director. Previous director at SAT and STL, and runs his own aviation consulting business currently. Also, a New Orleans native, so he's coming back home after all of these years away. http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... iver_index

Nice to see some added capacity on those WN routes. LAX in particular is always a full flight.

Not surw how much an aviation director matters or not but whats our thoughts on this appointment? I definitely like that he has experience on both sides of the aisle but dont know much more than that. I suppose a local boy is a plus if he has national experience as well. Mainly, I want to see our airport be on cutting edge technology wise. So hope their is a large focus on that.

jbs2886

Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 am

DJSNOLA wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

Not surw how much an aviation director matters or not but whats our thoughts on this appointment? I definitely like that he has experience on both sides of the aisle but dont know much more than that. I suppose a local boy is a plus if he has national experience as well. Mainly, I want to see our airport be on cutting edge technology wise. So hope their is a large focus on that.

It matters a fair amount. If the director sits back and doesn't go out and get flights, new flights are only going to come if an airline unilaterally decides. Instead, a director should be proactive. Don't know much about him though. From his timeline, he was the director for STL right after AA pulled its hub and increased flights there significantly with other carriers, WN in particular. On the same note, I wonder if MSY's large WN presence, which hopefully will expand, hurt the candidate that was at ATL.

DJSNOLA

Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 am

jbs2886 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

It matters a fair amount. If the director sits back and doesn't go out and get flights, new flights are only going to come if an airline unilaterally decides. Instead, a director should be proactive. Don't know much about him though. From his timeline, he was the director for STL right after AA pulled its hub and increased flights there significantly with other carriers, WN in particular. On the same note, I wonder if MSY's large WN presence, which hopefully will expand, hurt the candidate that was at ATL.

It does seem like that since the citys press release actually quotes Southwest airlines on their approval of this appointment. I suppose the airport feels aligning with southwest is better for longterm interest than with delta which is very centered on Atlanta.

B747forever

Wed May 24, 2017 5:33 am

LAX772LR wrote:
B747forever wrote:
Anyway, thanks LAX772LR for the tip about the "Caribbean Way". Was refreshing!

No prob, glad you tried it!

My mother and I are looking into the details of franchising a few Smoothie Kings in SoCal, considering it's one of only three USA states that they haven't yet penetrated. I grew up on those drinks, miss them so much!

B747forever wrote:
Also, as you said, arrived at C12, and BA departed out of C11. The terminal at MSY was very quite at that time of the evening.

Yeah, the Euro flights and token service to Texas and Atlanta, are about the only things that depart at that time of night.

B747forever wrote:
The load on MSY-LHR was good, the gate area was quite busy. In Y I would estimate the load to have been around 80%. All window/aisle seats taken, a few scattered middle seats open. I really hope BA will be able to make this flight work.

By all indications, they're doing quite well. They increased schedule frequency before the first flight even departed, and one of their representatives stated that their longterm plan is daily and 4class on the route.

B747forever wrote:
Must be great for MSY residents to finally have a non stop flight to Europe.

Have two now :)
LHR and FRA.

B747forever wrote:

Best wishes.

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I am currently stuck in Washington. My ARN-LHR flight was delayed by about 2 hours. Missed the flight to SEA so was instead rebooked LHR-IAD (BA) / IAD-LAX (UA). However the BA flight to IAD was also delayed, so missed the last IAD-LAX flight of the day. Currently booked on the 6AM IAD-LAX flight. Have to camp it out in the airport as all airport hotels are full. Will get into LA about 10 hours later than originally booked. Through all my years of flying I have not been through such mishaps on both the outbound and inbound trips.

LAX772LR

Wed May 24, 2017 6:31 am

B747forever wrote:
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I am currently stuck in Washington. My ARN-LHR flight was delayed by about 2 hours. Missed the flight to SEA so was instead rebooked LHR-IAD (BA) / IAD-LAX (UA). However the BA flight to IAD was also delayed, so missed the last IAD-LAX flight of the day. Currently booked on the 6AM IAD-LAX flight. Have to camp it out in the airport as all airport hotels are full. Will get into LA about 10 hours later than originally booked. Through all my years of flying I have not been through such mishaps on both the outbound and inbound trips.

This is the unfortunate reason that I can't really do the multi-stop routes such as this anymore.... can't afford to not make it back home to obligations on time.

Heck, I can't even fly into SFO anymore-- too much risk of getting cancelled/delayed to the next day. OAK it is.

NolaMD88fan

Wed May 24, 2017 6:52 am

Here's some more background on the new airport director. Definitely a solid pick. Looks he did great work at SAT in the early 2000's before heading to STL for a couple of years. Family needs resulted in him resigning his position at STL, but it sounds like he got the process of reinvigorating that airport going.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/104360 ... t-director

http://archives.californiaaviation.org/ ... 40477.html

DJSNOLA

Wed May 24, 2017 1:57 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Here's some more background on the new airport director. Definitely a solid pick. Looks he did great work at SAT in the early 2000's before heading to STL for a couple of years. Family needs resulted in him resigning his position at STL, but it sounds like he got the process of reinvigorating that airport going.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/104360 ... t-director

http://archives.californiaaviation.org/ ... 40477.html

thanks for that information because current lambert airport is horrid so glad to see he was responsible in getting upgrades going.

flavortaste

Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 pm

B747forever wrote:
Thought I would report back here. So BA224 (MSY-LHR) was delayed about 35min due to late incoming a/c from LHR (BA225). This caused me to miss my connection at LHR to ARN, and was instead rebooked on LHR-DUS-ARN. Was hell of a long day flying LAX-DFW-MSY-LHR-DUS-ARN. Arrived 6 hours later than originally booked.

Just a friendly heads up- unless your delays were due to ATC, weather, or truly extraordinary circumstances, you are entitled to 600 EUR compensation for these delays to/from the EU. That's 1200 EUR if you had delays in both directions. It doesn't matter that BA only delayed by a few minutes if that precipitated your misconnect and caused a 3h+ delay.

BA is good about paying in these cases and are further required to take care of you while the delay unfolds (food, lodging). Google EC 261 for relevant regs and contact BA customer service directly with your PNR to request EC 261 compensation. I've claimed once from BA (painless and cordial) and was stonewalled on another occasion by IB.

NolaMD88fan

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 am

Here are the 2016 O&D stats by market for MSY.

NYC continued to be the largest market, but experienced a 6.1% decline in total passengers from 2015. Among markets with total pax greater than 50, Cincinnati had the greatest growth percentage wise at 27.4%, and Louisville had the greatest decline at -7.1%. Overall, O&D daily demand grew by 3.3% to 22,755 total pax in 2016.

Average yield for all markets was unchanged at 32 cents/mile. The highest yielding market was Birmingham at 93 cents/mile, and the lowest yielding market was a tie at 12 cents/mile between Portland, OR, Seattle, and Las Vegas.

Going over the data, my prediction is that RDU will be the next market to gain daily service from a carrier given the strong growth trajectory, PDEW approaching 100 pax, and strong yield of 31 cents/mile. WN and G4 are already flying the route, and I could see WN going daily to keep DL off the route. A carrier would probably also do well in PIT with a daily flight since the market is the same size as CLE with similar yields, and CLE now has daily service. PDX is growing, but PDEW needs to much higher before AS starts the route with a 737.

LAX772LR

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
The highest yielding market was Birmingham at 93 cents/mile

....that WN couldn't make work. :?

NolaMD88fan

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 pm

PDEW has dropped to around 11 pax too since WN ended the route. It was far higher back when WN was flying. Still think it's a good route for someone like GLO or Southern Airways Express to try.

tphuang

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:

NYC continued to be the largest market, but experienced a 6.1% decline in total passengers from 2015. Among markets with total pax greater than 50, Cincinnati had the greatest growth percentage wise at 27.4%, and Louisville had the greatest decline at -7.1%. Overall, O&D daily demand grew by 3.3% to 22,755 total pax in 2016.

Average yield for all markets was unchanged at 32 cents/mile. The highest yielding market was Birmingham at 93 cents/mile, and the lowest yielding market was a tie at 12 cents/mile between Portland, OR, Seattle, and Las Vegas.

Going over the data, my prediction is that RDU will be the next market to gain daily service from a carrier given the strong growth trajectory, PDEW approaching 100 pax, and strong yield of 31 cents/mile. WN and G4 are already flying the route, and I could see WN going daily to keep DL off the route. A carrier would probably also do well in PIT with a daily flight since the market is the same size as CLE with similar yields, and CLE now has daily service. PDX is growing, but PDEW needs to much higher before AS starts the route with a 737.

New York could potentially be much higher. Every time I looked into a winter or spring trip to New Orleans, the air fare was way too high. I wish there is more flights there out of JFK

NolaMD88fan

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:28 pm

tphuang wrote:
New York could potentially be much higher. Every time I looked into a winter or spring trip to New Orleans, the air fare was way too high. I wish there is more flights there out of JFK

B6 has reduced capacity to JFK in favor of increasing service to BOS and adding FLL, and WN ended the flight to EWR. Both appear to have hurt demand, as NYC was consistently growing in previous years. UA and DL are both pretty stagnant in terms of capacity. Would love to see AA add a flight to LGA or JFK.

Here is the breakdown of airlines to NYC as of May.

UA 4x daily to EWR with 537 seats
DL 3x daily to JFK with 396 seats
DL 3x daily to LGA with 297 seats
B6 3x daily to JFK with 431 seats

Overall 13x daily flights with 1,661 departing seats.

msycajun

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:26 pm

I think BNA and MSY will be on the next PDX expansion for AS. Seems like SFO and SEA will be maxed out for them soon, so it's logical to grow there. If MSY-PDX is just under 100 for 2016 assuming it continues growing, it should be big enough for a spring 2018 start. A late evening arrival, RON and morning departure would complement the SEA and SFO nicely.

It's surprising to see SMF growing so rapidly. It isn't nearly big enough for daily service, but maybe F9 could do it 3-4 weekly if they ever start flying to SMF. I feel like that's a market that could be stimulated a lot as there is a big population between SMF and OAK. Same with MKE.

It is surprising that GLO still hasn't tried BHM. Speaking of, has anyone heard how they are doing? Any progress on getting an operating certificate?

msycajun

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Also, the June Air service update is out:
http://www.flymsy.com/Images/Interior/air_service/june%202017%20air%20service%20update.pdf

March numbers were up 8.2%, a nice increase after a few slow months.

NolaMD88fan

Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:10 am

SMF stood out to me too. I was pleasantly surprised by that. If it continues growing, I could see WN give it try.

Agreed on PDX, if PDEW can get up to 125 pax or so a day, I think AS will start the route.

Very nice increase in passenger numbers for March, and the first time March crossed over the 1 million mark.

MSY was the 37th busiest airport in the nation through March falling between AUS and OAK.

Airport...........March Total............YTD Total
AUS...............1,156,928.............2,963,199
MSY...............1,066,067.............2,775,203
OAK...............1,008,886.............2,767,500

mia

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:01 pm

tphuang wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

Ditto man. It's hard to stomach 500+ fares fit just a seat. At the rate we are going I only goto New Orleans when I absolutely have to, I'd like to go more but it's just not affordable, especially when there are other options for less $$$. The market needs a new entrant.

LAX772LR

Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:36 pm

mia wrote:
Ditto man. It's hard to stomach 500+ fares fit just a seat.

Its even harder to hear people whine about the one commodity whose real numerical price perpetually trends down as time goes on.

Care to guess what that seat would cost if median air fare had kept pace with inflation, post 1978? :-D

msycajun

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:14 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
mia wrote:

Its even harder to hear people whine about the one commodity whose real numerical price perpetually trends down as time goes on.

Care to guess what that seat would cost if median air fare had kept pace with inflation, post 1978? :-D

You can routinely find $200-300 nonstop roundtrips MSY-NYC, so I doubt anyone is making a killing. NK could probably carve out a piece of the market and I think AA should add it for filling out their network at MSY.

That being said, you can't really compare prices with the '70s, given the leg room has also trended down and the additional fees keep piling on.

tphuang

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm

msycajun wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
mia wrote:

You can routinely find $200-300 nonstop roundtrips MSY-NYC, so I doubt anyone is making a killing. NK could probably carve out a piece of the market and I think AA should add it for filling out their network at MSY.

That being said, you can't really compare prices with the '70s, given the leg room has also trended down and the additional fees keep piling on.

I don't know when these days are, but I simply could not find them during the weeks I was looking. I am comparing to Florida locations. My colleague spent 700 for return trip there.

Nola

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Friends in NYC have complained to me about the price of flights TO MSY. I haven't run searches, but my impression is that flights are more expensive for origination/return in NYC than origination/return in MSY.

Kyoya

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Nola wrote:
Friends in NYC have complained to me about the price of flights TO MSY. I haven't run searches, but my impression is that flights are more expensive for origination/return in NYC than origination/return in MSY.

Just for the hell of it, I ran 2 identical round trip flights for Friday, July 21 with a return on Sunday, July 23.

JetBlue
MSY-JFK
$299

Jetblue
JFK-MSY
$541

jbs2886

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Kyoya wrote:
Nola wrote:

Just for the hell of it, I ran 2 identical round trip flights for Friday, July 21 with a return on Sunday, July 23.

JetBlue
MSY-JFK
$299

Jetblue
JFK-MSY
$541

Same issue with weekend flights FROM ORD. They are easily 2x weekends FROM MSY. Weekdays you can get some good deals, but that's like on Tuesday and Wednesday.

msycajun

Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nola wrote:

JetBlue
MSY-JFK
$299

Jetblue
JFK-MSY
$541

Same issue with weekend flights FROM ORD. They are easily 2x weekends FROM MSY. Weekdays you can get some good deals, but that's like on Tuesday and Wednesday.

If you do LGA, you can get that for just over $400 nonstop. Flying into MSY on a Friday and out on a Sunday is always going to be the most expensive option as there are so many people who do weekend getaways or have vacation homes here. If you take the first flight MSY-JFK on Monday instead of Sunday, it becomes much less expensive. If you want cheap weekend fares to other places, you'll have to move here ;)

Kyoya

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:15 am

ericlrush1 wrote:
When I was passing the airport at lunch I noticed a wide body Air Canada Rouge plane at one of the C concourse gates. The Toronto AC flight uses a small Embraer so I thought it was weird. I looked it up online and saw it was a direct flight from Montreal that landed today at 12:07 and then it departed MSY for Stockholm at 2:40. I can't find any info on Air Canada's website for either of the flights but found the 2 flights on FlightAware. Anybody know anything about this?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ROU ... /CYUL/KMSY

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ROU ... /KMSY/ESSA

Anyone have an idea what this was about?

NolaMD88fan

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:25 am

It was a 5th freedom charter flight.

Here are some shots of the 767-300 parked at Concourse C and getting ready to depart from RWY 2.

DJSNOLA

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:39 pm

June Update

LAX772LR

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Today makes one year since DE announced the return of schedule TATL service to MSY.

Time flies. :)

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 am

DL is adding seasonal weekend only service to SEA beginning 2/10/18 and ending 4/1/18. Better than nothing, and if it does well it would great to see them add this as a permanent daily flight.

LAX772LR

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:32 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
DL is adding seasonal weekend only service to SEA beginning 2/10/18 and ending 4/1/18. Better than nothing, and if it does well it would great to see them add this as a permanent daily flight.

What's the eqp?

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Flying the route with an A319.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos