• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 pm

In truth, A doesn't really need much in terms of amenities. It will be a quick and easy walk to the B terminal. If you're waiting on a BA flight, and you're only 3-4 gates away from a ton of food/beverage/retail options in B or the central post-security terminal area, I don't see the harm in that.
Spread hope like fire.
 
braniff2hav
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Anyone know what might be going on at GLO? Seems their schedule is not up to date beyond 07Jul-Friday of this week.
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm

No clue about GLO. I hope they have made progress on getting their own certificate.

DL adds MSY-BOS weekend service on an E-175 starting Feb 10:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... e-in-1q18/
 
msyjay
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Now DL needs to bring back CVG, And RDU. Maybe MCO on a seasonal basis
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 pm

msyjay wrote:
Now DL needs to bring back CVG, And RDU. Maybe MCO on a seasonal basis


Cincinnati would be very nice to have back.. allegiant is just too hard to use since its not every day
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Daily SEA, BOS, CVG, RDU, and MEX would really round out the DL network nicely. Eventually CDG as well. I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:29 am

msycajun wrote:
I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.

If so, then hopefully 3rd time will be a charm, for AM.

And this time, perhaps they could do the weeeee small favor of, I dunno: LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEY'RE THERE??

....is it any real shock that a flight with a 4:30am check-in time, with zilch advertisement/promotion by the airline, didn't stick around last time?

Service starting in the same month that the H1N1 epidemic hit MEX, didn't help; but that's one's tough to blame the airline for.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:54 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:
I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.

If so, then hopefully 3rd time will be a charm, for AM.

And this time, perhaps they could do the weeeee small favor of, I dunno: LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEY'RE THERE??

....is it any real shock that a flight with a 4:30am check-in time, with zilch advertisement/promotion by the airline, didn't stick around last time?

Service starting in the same month that the H1N1 epidemic hit MEX, didn't help; but that's one's tough to blame the airline for.


it does make more sense now than it ever did.

still hoping for some flights on volaris to mexico
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:25 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
it does make more sense now than it ever did.

J/V with DL does help, it'd seem


DJSNOLA wrote:
still hoping for some flights on volaris to mexico

I've always wondered what the O&D between MSY and SJD is, though I'm guessing quite small.
That, and Y4 doesn't fly internationally from there anyway. :(
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
LightningZ71
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm

I still have to wonder how well WN would do if they decided to offer international flights from MSY to CUN or other central and southern Gulf of Mexico resort destinations, at least seasonally. While it may not be heavy O&D from MSY, given their volume of traffic through the city, it would make sense for a lot of connecting passengers from their many destinations to and from the city.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 pm

LightningZ71 wrote:
I still have to wonder how well WN would do if they decided to offer international flights from MSY to CUN or other central and southern Gulf of Mexico resort destinations, at least seasonally. While it may not be heavy O&D from MSY, given their volume of traffic through the city, it would make sense for a lot of connecting passengers from their many destinations to and from the city.


If WN is going to connect passengers internationally, it will be through HOU, not MSY.
 
LightningZ71
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:09 pm

No doubt, and I'm not proposing that WN start from MSY anytime soon. I think that there may be a case to be made for connecting certain passengers through MSY over Houston or FLL to Central American and Mexican Gulf Resort destinations given that, for much of their US Eastern network, connecting through MSY represents at least an hour or more reduction in total flight time. For a rather decentralized network like what WN operates, the savings in flight time (includes fuel, salaries, frame wear, etc) can be significant over time. The one major downfall that I see for this line of reasoning is that much of the WN traffic through New Orleans is directly to and from FLL and Houston, making the argument for connections much weaker.
 
msyflyer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:21 pm

The fundamental difference a lot of you are not understanding with WN is that they don't have an abundance of INTL flights out of HOU/FLL/etc. They may have 2 CUN flights a day or something like that. So let's say you're in STL or MCI or MDW, you either have one or two flights or none (MCI). So, let's say the flight times to get to HOU or FLL aren't convenient and/or you don't have an INTL nonstop, then MSY gives those cities additional options to travel. Of the WN nonstops from MSY, PHX, LAS, MCI, IND, CMH, PIT, and RDU do not offer any INTL service.

So that's 7 possible cities that could connect through MSY if the times were more convenient for them. I'd say that's quite a nice list for one or two international flights from MSY.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:57 pm

msyflyer wrote:
The fundamental difference a lot of you are not understanding with WN is that they don't have an abundance of INTL flights out of HOU/FLL/etc. They may have 2 CUN flights a day or something like that. So let's say you're in STL or MCI or MDW, you either have one or two flights or none (MCI). So, let's say the flight times to get to HOU or FLL aren't convenient and/or you don't have an INTL nonstop, then MSY gives those cities additional options to travel. Of the WN nonstops from MSY, PHX, LAS, MCI, IND, CMH, PIT, and RDU do not offer any INTL service.

So that's 7 possible cities that could connect through MSY if the times were more convenient for them. I'd say that's quite a nice list for one or two international flights from MSY.


I assuming you meant "The fundamental difference a lot of you are not understanding with WN is that they don't have an abundance of INTL flights OUTSIDE of HOU/FLL/etc.'"

MSY wouldn't be a bad spot for an INTL connections but for a lot of those cities HOU isn't that much more out of the way. It would probably be easier to line up flight times through HOU seeing that most cities have more flights to HOU a day than MSY. They might as well just keep expanding on that. Not saying it isn't doable but I can see why Houston makes more sense. It is easier to line up flights and being a bigger station you have a lot more connection traffic to work with.
 
stl07
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:28 pm

msyflyer wrote:
The fundamental difference a lot of you are not understanding with WN is that they don't have an abundance of INTL flights out of HOU/FLL/etc. They may have 2 CUN flights a day or something like that. So let's say you're in STL or MCI or MDW, you either have one or two flights or none (MCI). So, let's say the flight times to get to HOU or FLL aren't convenient and/or you don't have an INTL nonstop, then MSY gives those cities additional options to travel. Of the WN nonstops from MSY, PHX, LAS, MCI, IND, CMH, PIT, and RDU do not offer any INTL service.

So that's 7 possible cities that could connect through MSY if the times were more convenient for them. I'd say that's quite a nice list for one or two international flights from MSY.

The problem with resort fliers is that they are loyal to their resort's travel agency or booking service which often offer nonstop charter service to the city closest to the resort. Then most cities that would have a good connection in MSY also have AA, DL, and/or UA flying NONSTOP to CUN and F9 and WN also have some nonstop flights too from good connecting cities. So in order to make a connection in MSY one would have to be a WN loyalist thats city didn't already have a good connection or nonstop on it at the time they wanted. This isn't enough for a flight alone but if there is a strong enough O/D this extra boost could make the flight happen.
 
Nola
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:36 pm

msycajun wrote:
Daily SEA, BOS, CVG, RDU, and MEX would really round out the DL network nicely. Eventually CDG as well. I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.


CDG would be spectacular, although flying to Atlanta and then hopping over isn't much of a problem.

Here's DL's newshub announcement about the seasonal Boston Service (http://news.delta.com/delta-continues-b ... ew-orleans):

Airline has grown nearly 25 percent in Boston over the past year, with 103 peak-day departures this October
BOSTON — Delta customers in Greater Boston will enjoy new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the airline continues its expansion in the region.

Beginning Oct. 1, Delta will operate twice-daily nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. Seasonal service to New Orleans will start on Feb. 10, 2018. With the new routes, Delta and its partners will serve a total of 47 destinations worldwide from Boston, including nonstop international flights to London, Amsterdam, Paris and Dublin.

“Delta is committed to becoming Boston’s global carrier of choice, and we continue to invest in Boston with our new Pittsburgh and New Orleans service for business and leisure customers,” said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President — Network Planning, Americas. “Boston continues to play a larger role in Delta’s overall network, and we will continue to invest in new service important to Bostonians.”

Pittsburgh, an emerging technology center with one of the strongest economies in the nation, is a top business destination from Boston. The new flights will be timed for the convenience of business travelers in both cities, with Delta offering the only First Class product on the route with CRJ-900 service operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air, Inc.

The Boston Logan-Pittsburgh service will operate on the following schedule:

Flight

Departs

Arrives

DL 3501

Boston at 8:10 a.m.

Pittsburgh 9:55 a.m.

DL 3475

Pittsburgh 6:00 a.m.

Boston at 7:35 a.m.

DL 3363

Boston at 7:55 p.m.

Pittsburgh 9:45 p.m.

DL 3364

Pittsburgh 6:40 p.m.

Boston at 8:14 p.m.

Nonstop seasonal service to New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from Feb. 10 through April 1, 2018, to meet strong leisure demand.

With Pittsburgh and New Orleans, Delta has now announced 10 new markets from Boston in 2017. The airline’s new service also includes:

Tampa twice-daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February
Dublin, Ireland daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May
San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June
Buffalo, N.Y. three-times-daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of August
Austin, Tex. daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September
Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of September
Jacksonville, Fla. daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September
Norfolk, Va. daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc) as of September
On Dec. 21, Delta will also expand weekend West Palm Beach, Fla., and Fort Myers, Fla., flights to daily, as well as increase weekend Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., flights to twice daily. Delta will also continue to support strong holiday travel demand with expanded nonstop service to popular Caribbean destinations including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas; beginning Dec. 21.

Delta’s leading global network in Boston

Recent Boston service investments bring Delta to 103 peak-day departures in October 2017, an increase of 20 departures versus July 2016. Delta and its partners will serve 46 total destinations from Boston in 2017, including 17 international destinations and the largest transatlantic network.

Delta is the No. 1 carrier between Boston and New York, connecting business travelers with the Delta Shuttle, operated by Delta and its connection partner Republic Airline, with hourly service 16 times daily on week days between Logan Airport and New York City’s LaGuardia Airport as well as offering eight daily flights to JFK.

Serving Boston customers with premium products and amenities

Delta is committed to enhancing the customer experience in Boston, and offers more first class seats than any other carrier. Delta Sky Club operates two locations in Terminal A providing customers with several healthy and fresh food choices and a number of complimentary drink options including local Samuel Adams craft beer and Starbucks coffee. THE BAR at Delta Sky Club offers wines and premium spirits. SkyMiles members can use miles for premium drinks with a swipe of their boarding pass.

Delta offers full flat-bed seats in Delta One on all flights to Europe as well as Boston’s number-one domestic destination, San Francisco. Delta One customers enjoy Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding featuring a full-size pillow and quilted comforter, chef-designed cuisine, a wine program curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, a TUMI amenity kit featuring Kiehl’s Since 1851 skincare products and an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware. Customers flying in Delta Comfort+ will benefit from up to four additional inches of legroom and 50 percent more recline than Main Cabin seats, as well as priority boarding, and every customer will enjoy Delta Studio, which includes hundreds of complimentary movies, TV shows, songs and games as well as Wi-Fi access on all aircraft except CRJ-200s.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Nola wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Daily SEA, BOS, CVG, RDU, and MEX would really round out the DL network nicely. Eventually CDG as well. I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.


CDG would be spectacular, although flying to Atlanta and then hopping over isn't much of a problem.

Here's DL's newshub announcement about the seasonal Boston Service (http://news.delta.com/delta-continues-b ... ew-orleans):

Airline has grown nearly 25 percent in Boston over the past year, with 103 peak-day departures this October
BOSTON — Delta customers in Greater Boston will enjoy new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the airline continues its expansion in the region.

Beginning Oct. 1, Delta will operate twice-daily nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. Seasonal service to New Orleans will start on Feb. 10, 2018. With the new routes, Delta and its partners will serve a total of 47 destinations worldwide from Boston, including nonstop international flights to London, Amsterdam, Paris and Dublin.

“Delta is committed to becoming Boston’s global carrier of choice, and we continue to invest in Boston with our new Pittsburgh and New Orleans service for business and leisure customers,” said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President — Network Planning, Americas. “Boston continues to play a larger role in Delta’s overall network, and we will continue to invest in new service important to Bostonians.”

Pittsburgh, an emerging technology center with one of the strongest economies in the nation, is a top business destination from Boston. The new flights will be timed for the convenience of business travelers in both cities, with Delta offering the only First Class product on the route with CRJ-900 service operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air, Inc.

The Boston Logan-Pittsburgh service will operate on the following schedule:

Flight

Departs

Arrives

DL 3501

Boston at 8:10 a.m.

Pittsburgh 9:55 a.m.

DL 3475

Pittsburgh 6:00 a.m.

Boston at 7:35 a.m.

DL 3363

Boston at 7:55 p.m.

Pittsburgh 9:45 p.m.

DL 3364

Pittsburgh 6:40 p.m.

Boston at 8:14 p.m.

Nonstop seasonal service to New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from Feb. 10 through April 1, 2018, to meet strong leisure demand.

With Pittsburgh and New Orleans, Delta has now announced 10 new markets from Boston in 2017. The airline’s new service also includes:

Tampa twice-daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February
Dublin, Ireland daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May
San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June
Buffalo, N.Y. three-times-daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of August
Austin, Tex. daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September
Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of September
Jacksonville, Fla. daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September
Norfolk, Va. daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc) as of September
On Dec. 21, Delta will also expand weekend West Palm Beach, Fla., and Fort Myers, Fla., flights to daily, as well as increase weekend Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., flights to twice daily. Delta will also continue to support strong holiday travel demand with expanded nonstop service to popular Caribbean destinations including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas; beginning Dec. 21.

Delta’s leading global network in Boston

Recent Boston service investments bring Delta to 103 peak-day departures in October 2017, an increase of 20 departures versus July 2016. Delta and its partners will serve 46 total destinations from Boston in 2017, including 17 international destinations and the largest transatlantic network.

Delta is the No. 1 carrier between Boston and New York, connecting business travelers with the Delta Shuttle, operated by Delta and its connection partner Republic Airline, with hourly service 16 times daily on week days between Logan Airport and New York City’s LaGuardia Airport as well as offering eight daily flights to JFK.

Serving Boston customers with premium products and amenities

Delta is committed to enhancing the customer experience in Boston, and offers more first class seats than any other carrier. Delta Sky Club operates two locations in Terminal A providing customers with several healthy and fresh food choices and a number of complimentary drink options including local Samuel Adams craft beer and Starbucks coffee. THE BAR at Delta Sky Club offers wines and premium spirits. SkyMiles members can use miles for premium drinks with a swipe of their boarding pass.

Delta offers full flat-bed seats in Delta One on all flights to Europe as well as Boston’s number-one domestic destination, San Francisco. Delta One customers enjoy Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding featuring a full-size pillow and quilted comforter, chef-designed cuisine, a wine program curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, a TUMI amenity kit featuring Kiehl’s Since 1851 skincare products and an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware. Customers flying in Delta Comfort+ will benefit from up to four additional inches of legroom and 50 percent more recline than Main Cabin seats, as well as priority boarding, and every customer will enjoy Delta Studio, which includes hundreds of complimentary movies, TV shows, songs and games as well as Wi-Fi access on all aircraft except CRJ-200s.



I guess the added service is nice but i would just fly jetblue to boston. dont see how this is really convenient for most people
 
jbs2886
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:19 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
Nola wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Daily SEA, BOS, CVG, RDU, and MEX would really round out the DL network nicely. Eventually CDG as well. I think MEX needs to be the number one international priority for airport and business leaders. Getting to MEX requires backtracking currently. It's a massive hub and DL could probably even route a few connections through MSY to MEX.


CDG would be spectacular, although flying to Atlanta and then hopping over isn't much of a problem.

Here's DL's newshub announcement about the seasonal Boston Service (http://news.delta.com/delta-continues-b ... ew-orleans):

Airline has grown nearly 25 percent in Boston over the past year, with 103 peak-day departures this October
BOSTON — Delta customers in Greater Boston will enjoy new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the airline continues its expansion in the region.

Beginning Oct. 1, Delta will operate twice-daily nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. Seasonal service to New Orleans will start on Feb. 10, 2018. With the new routes, Delta and its partners will serve a total of 47 destinations worldwide from Boston, including nonstop international flights to London, Amsterdam, Paris and Dublin.

“Delta is committed to becoming Boston’s global carrier of choice, and we continue to invest in Boston with our new Pittsburgh and New Orleans service for business and leisure customers,” said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President — Network Planning, Americas. “Boston continues to play a larger role in Delta’s overall network, and we will continue to invest in new service important to Bostonians.”

Pittsburgh, an emerging technology center with one of the strongest economies in the nation, is a top business destination from Boston. The new flights will be timed for the convenience of business travelers in both cities, with Delta offering the only First Class product on the route with CRJ-900 service operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air, Inc.

The Boston Logan-Pittsburgh service will operate on the following schedule:

Flight

Departs

Arrives

DL 3501

Boston at 8:10 a.m.

Pittsburgh 9:55 a.m.

DL 3475

Pittsburgh 6:00 a.m.

Boston at 7:35 a.m.

DL 3363

Boston at 7:55 p.m.

Pittsburgh 9:45 p.m.

DL 3364

Pittsburgh 6:40 p.m.

Boston at 8:14 p.m.

Nonstop seasonal service to New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from Feb. 10 through April 1, 2018, to meet strong leisure demand.

With Pittsburgh and New Orleans, Delta has now announced 10 new markets from Boston in 2017. The airline’s new service also includes:

Tampa twice-daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February
Dublin, Ireland daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May
San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June
Buffalo, N.Y. three-times-daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of August
Austin, Tex. daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September
Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of September
Jacksonville, Fla. daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September
Norfolk, Va. daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc) as of September
On Dec. 21, Delta will also expand weekend West Palm Beach, Fla., and Fort Myers, Fla., flights to daily, as well as increase weekend Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., flights to twice daily. Delta will also continue to support strong holiday travel demand with expanded nonstop service to popular Caribbean destinations including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas; beginning Dec. 21.

Delta’s leading global network in Boston

Recent Boston service investments bring Delta to 103 peak-day departures in October 2017, an increase of 20 departures versus July 2016. Delta and its partners will serve 46 total destinations from Boston in 2017, including 17 international destinations and the largest transatlantic network.

Delta is the No. 1 carrier between Boston and New York, connecting business travelers with the Delta Shuttle, operated by Delta and its connection partner Republic Airline, with hourly service 16 times daily on week days between Logan Airport and New York City’s LaGuardia Airport as well as offering eight daily flights to JFK.

Serving Boston customers with premium products and amenities

Delta is committed to enhancing the customer experience in Boston, and offers more first class seats than any other carrier. Delta Sky Club operates two locations in Terminal A providing customers with several healthy and fresh food choices and a number of complimentary drink options including local Samuel Adams craft beer and Starbucks coffee. THE BAR at Delta Sky Club offers wines and premium spirits. SkyMiles members can use miles for premium drinks with a swipe of their boarding pass.

Delta offers full flat-bed seats in Delta One on all flights to Europe as well as Boston’s number-one domestic destination, San Francisco. Delta One customers enjoy Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding featuring a full-size pillow and quilted comforter, chef-designed cuisine, a wine program curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, a TUMI amenity kit featuring Kiehl’s Since 1851 skincare products and an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware. Customers flying in Delta Comfort+ will benefit from up to four additional inches of legroom and 50 percent more recline than Main Cabin seats, as well as priority boarding, and every customer will enjoy Delta Studio, which includes hundreds of complimentary movies, TV shows, songs and games as well as Wi-Fi access on all aircraft except CRJ-200s.



I guess the added service is nice but i would just fly jetblue to boston. dont see how this is really convenient for most people


These types of flights are not for MSY originating passengers, its for BOS originating. Weekend trips and cruises. Low cost for DL to add for planes otherwise sitting on a weekend. This is the same reason DL is adding SEA temporarily.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
These types of flights are not for MSY originating passengers, its for BOS originating. Weekend trips and cruises. Low cost for DL to add for planes otherwise sitting on a weekend. This is the same reason DL is adding SEA temporarily.

With the added bonus of letting them test various traffic flows and/or yield patterns, without much effort/advertisement... which they can keep, if they decide they like.

Win-win.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:40 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
These types of flights are not for MSY originating passengers, its for BOS originating. Weekend trips and cruises. Low cost for DL to add for planes otherwise sitting on a weekend. This is the same reason DL is adding SEA temporarily.

With the added bonus of letting them test various traffic flows and/or yield patterns, without much effort/advertisement... which they can keep, if they decide they like.

Win-win.



thanks for explaining because i never understood that type of flight. three times a week i do. plus its seasons for like two months only? just seems like a really short attempt at a flight for delta
 
msyflyer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:01 pm

thanks for explaining because i never understood that type of flight. three times a week i do. plus its seasons for like two months only? just seems like a really short attempt at a flight for delta[/quote]

I still think it's a test of the MSY market too. DL knows their codeshare flights are lagging and they need to up their game if they want to compete in MSY. While they are the second largest carrier at MSY, they have no INTL codeshare agreements here. American has BA & United has Copa & Air Canada. I'd expect Aeromexico or Air France to launch service next because of that. If not, Delta may launch it itself. Maybe.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:09 pm

msyflyer wrote:
thanks for explaining because i never understood that type of flight. three times a week i do. plus its seasons for like two months only? just seems like a really short attempt at a flight for delta


I still think it's a test of the MSY market too. DL knows their codeshare flights are lagging and they need to up their game if they want to compete in MSY. While they are the second largest carrier at MSY, they have no INTL codeshare agreements here. American has BA & United has Copa & Air Canada. I'd expect Aeromexico or Air France to launch service next because of that. If not, Delta may launch it itself. Maybe.[/quote]

I see Aeromexico or DL doing MEX next. I suspect DL with a CRJ700/900 or E170/175, Aeromexico just doesn't have a big enough fleet of 175s and the 190 is too big. My biggest concern with starting MEX is that it steals too much traffic away from Copa.
 
Nola
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:31 pm

msyflyer wrote:
thanks for explaining because i never understood that type of flight. three times a week i do. plus its seasons for like two months only? just seems like a really short attempt at a flight for delta


I still think it's a test of the MSY market too. DL knows their codeshare flights are lagging and they need to up their game if they want to compete in MSY. While they are the second largest carrier at MSY, they have no INTL codeshare agreements here. American has BA & United has Copa & Air Canada. I'd expect Aeromexico or Air France to launch service next because of that. If not, Delta may launch it itself. Maybe.[/quote]

I'm confused. So DL doesn't have an international code-share flight that goes directly from MSY. How does that impact them such that they "need to step up their game if they want to compete in MSY"? Are there very many people connecting THROUGH MSY for any international flight? (Or, besides WN, domestic flights to any meaningful degree?)

DL is the second largest carrier at MSY. It must have a lot of elites here since it is the only carrier to maintain a lounge. (And has had one pretty much forever).

Is there any evidence that DL is losing customers in MSY because it doesn't have a non-stop partner to Europe, Canada or Latin America? Conversely, is there any evidence that AA's flights/presence has been improved because of BA's flight to LHR? I can understand the argument that someone who flies BA to London will be more loyal to AA domestically because they want to put all of their frequent flyer miles in one basket, and its a good argument, but is there evidence for that at this point?
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:00 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
My biggest concern with starting MEX is that it steals too much traffic away from Copa.

Meh, CM's had 2yrs to entrench itself, yet have been quite stagnant.
IINM, they offer less capacity now than when they started, and still at the same inconvenient frequency.

In general, I'd say if someone can come in and offer a more compelling benefit, then power to 'em.


Nola wrote:
Is there any evidence that DL is losing customers in MSY because it doesn't have a non-stop partner to Europe, Canada or Latin America?
Conversely, is there any evidence that AA's flights/presence has been improved because of BA's flight to LHR? I can understand the argument that someone who flies BA to London will be more loyal to AA domestically because they want to put all of their frequent flyer miles in one basket, and its a good argument, but is there evidence for that at this point?

Too early to tell yet, though it's interest to note that AA is closing the gap with DL (84K pax/month at MSY, versus DL at 90K, and UA at 74K)... seems like a big spread, until you realize that DL is now down to 18% market share, with AA at 17%. Even WN is losing, as AA gains.

Also, year-over-year, AA has grown 6% at MSY, whereas DL has shrunk by 2.9%, and UA is down 3.3%.

So while that can't be attributed to the 4month-old BA service, it's worth noting that AA is in rather significant growth mode, and the addition of BA's immunized seats only grows AA's market share even further.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
My biggest concern with starting MEX is that it steals too much traffic away from Copa.

Meh, CM's had 2yrs to entrench itself, yet have been quite stagnant.
IINM, they offer less capacity now than when they started, and still at the same inconvenient frequency.

In general, I'd say if someone can come in and offer a more compelling benefit, then power to 'em.


Nola wrote:
Is there any evidence that DL is losing customers in MSY because it doesn't have a non-stop partner to Europe, Canada or Latin America?
Conversely, is there any evidence that AA's flights/presence has been improved because of BA's flight to LHR? I can understand the argument that someone who flies BA to London will be more loyal to AA domestically because they want to put all of their frequent flyer miles in one basket, and its a good argument, but is there evidence for that at this point?

Too early to tell yet, though it's interest to note that AA is closing the gap with DL (84K pax/month at MSY, versus DL at 90K, and UA at 74K)... seems like a big spread, until you realize that DL is now down to 18% market share, with AA at 17%. Even WN is losing, as AA gains.

Also, year-over-year, AA has grown 6% at MSY, whereas DL has shrunk by 2.9%, and UA is down 3.3%.

So while that can't be attributed to the 4month-old BA service, it's worth noting that AA is in rather significant growth mode, and the addition of BA's immunized seats only grows AA's market share even further.



Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational. while adding a flight to mexico might make sense i still think they have a problem with nothing to europe. its an issue for sure
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational.

Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.

The only thing that's make them pursue other options is losing a sufficient amount of HVCs to BA or someone else.
Not sure that that's occurred, or that MSY generates the numbers of said HVCs for DL to be concerned even if it is occurring.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
msyflyer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:45 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational.

Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.

The only thing that's make them pursue other options is losing a sufficient amount of HVCs to BA or someone else.
Not sure that that's occurred, or that MSY generates the numbers of said HVCs for DL to be concerned even if it is occurring.


The problem is that BA is earning the reputation and name for the Europe flights. So for someone else to come in (Say AF) they will have to fight some customers away from BA. BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them. Not to mention MSY doesn't have enough people to spread among another wide body aircraft for European destinations.

I also agree about CM having a very inconvenient time. I have yet to fly them for that reason. As far as the connection in ATL with DL, if someone gives me a choice to leave at 9:05pm and not connect vs leaving significantly earlier and risking delays and having to connect? It's an easy choice.
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm

One thing worth noting is that MEX is on MSY's list of desired routes, which suggests that there would be some incentives involved with such a route. I would imagine that there would be some businesses willing to commit to supporting the route as was done for BA. Pan-American Life comes to mind, along with the petroleum and trade/shipping industries.
http://www.therouteshop.com/profiles/louis-armstrong-new-orleans-international/

Also, a nonstop would shave 50% or more of the travel time versus connecting - even more if you are flying DL.

As for legacy dominance, if you count partners AS and BA, AA is already ahead of DL in terms of passengers carried. And surely some corporate commitments were made to lure BA. ATL covers a lot, but is not convenient for everything. I think UA found out when it left JFK that a few marginal or loss-making routes can make up their cost when they help to keep corporate contracts.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 pm

AF is just not happening. The airline couldn't make MCO work. Why would MSY work? The business ties to Paris just aren't enough and the leisure demand does not have enough volume for the type of service they would provide. DY I could see as a better fit because they would probably only fly it 2X weekly and with fares low enough to stimulate O&D.

But before something like Paris is even considered, I'd like to wait a good year to let the market continue to build for the LHR and FRA service currently offered. I guess realistically it wouldn't be sooner than that, anyway...

As long as the tourists keep showing an interest in MSY and the cruise and convention industry continues to thrive/grow, the Euro flights will continue and hopefully expand over time. While the economy of New Orleans itself is fairly stagnant, there's enough of a regional draw, both business and leisure, to keep the airlines' interest.
Spread hope like fire.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:01 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational.

Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.

The only thing that's make them pursue other options is losing a sufficient amount of HVCs to BA or someone else.
Not sure that that's occurred, or that MSY generates the numbers of said HVCs for DL to be concerned even if it is occurring.


The problem is that BA is earning the reputation and name for the Europe flights. So for someone else to come in (Say AF) they will have to fight some customers away from BA. BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them. Not to mention MSY doesn't have enough people to spread among another wide body aircraft for European destinations.

I also agree about CM having a very inconvenient time. I have yet to fly them for that reason. As far as the connection in ATL with DL, if someone gives me a choice to leave at 9:05pm and not connect vs leaving significantly earlier and risking delays and having to connect? It's an easy choice.


The amount of nonstop flights on DL to ATL make connections there pretty easy, sure, it adds a bit of time, but its not bad given the schedules. JFK less-so, but still possible. Further, those people are probably going to go through ATL because of price - regardless of BA's reputation. We aren't going to have all these European carriers start jumping in just to "step up their game."
 
msyflyer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
AF is just not happening. The airline couldn't make MCO work. Why would MSY work? The business ties to Paris just aren't enough and the leisure demand does not have enough volume for the type of service they would provide. DY I could see as a better fit because they would probably only fly it 2X weekly and with fares low enough to stimulate O&D.

But before something like Paris is even considered, I'd like to wait a good year to let the market continue to build for the LHR and FRA service currently offered. I guess realistically it wouldn't be sooner than that, anyway...

As long as the tourists keep showing an interest in MSY and the cruise and convention industry continues to thrive/grow, the Euro flights will continue and hopefully expand over time. While the economy of New Orleans itself is fairly stagnant, there's enough of a regional draw, both business and leisure, to keep the airlines' interest.


I agree. I think DY is next for MSY, even before AM.
 
Arion640
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational.

Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.

The only thing that's make them pursue other options is losing a sufficient amount of HVCs to BA or someone else.
Not sure that that's occurred, or that MSY generates the numbers of said HVCs for DL to be concerned even if it is occurring.


The problem is that BA is earning the reputation and name for the Europe flights. So for someone else to come in (Say AF) they will have to fight some customers away from BA. BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them. Not to mention MSY doesn't have enough people to spread among another wide body aircraft for European destinations.

I also agree about CM having a very inconvenient time. I have yet to fly them for that reason. As far as the connection in ATL with DL, if someone gives me a choice to leave at 9:05pm and not connect vs leaving significantly earlier and risking delays and having to connect? It's an easy choice.


BA's great product :(
320 321 388 733 752 753 772 77E 773 77W 788 E195 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75
 
Nola
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
Im not a loyal airline person but many of my friends are and delta def needs to step their game up especially with inernational.

Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.


Except for passengers terminating in LHR, isn't a passenger going to have to connect somewhere? What's the big difference between connecting in ATL v. connecting in LHR? (JFK does mean a longer layover, at least when I've flown through. Shake Shack helps, but....)
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Nola wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Here's the thing though: if your loyal friends (and those like them) are still willing to schlep it over to ATL, rather than use the new nonstops available to them from MSY... then DL hasn't lost anything, and has no real reason to change vis-a-vis that market.


Except for passengers terminating in LHR, isn't a passenger going to have to connect somewhere? What's the big difference between connecting in ATL v. connecting in LHR? (JFK does mean a longer layover, at least when I've flown through. Shake Shack helps, but....)


LHR offers a number of smaller European, African, and Middle Eastern destinations with one stop that would otherwise require two stops (ATL+CDG/AMS, for example). ABD, HAM, TLS and BLR are a few examples.

The other big advantage is getting to clear US Customs at MSY which is relatively quick and painless versus a big hub like ATL or JFK, which can be a nightmare.

Now AF or KL don't have as much O&D as BA, but they offer significantly more connecting possibilities. That being said, I do think they will give the existing service time to mature before considering MSY.

Speaking of COPA, has anyone noticed that the departure keeps getting earlier? It's currently a 6am departure and goes to 5am in the fall, which is brutal. When the flights launched, it was a 7am departure.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 pm

B6 has an A321 scheduled on one of the JFK flights in September and October. That's nice to see.
Spread hope like fire.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 8620
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 am

msyflyer wrote:
BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them.

Huh????

Um, have you ever seen a Club World seat in person? It's absolutely terrible!
No, that's being too nice... it's F#CKING TERRIBLE.

Image

Add to that: new planes with no overhead anything (even reading light), no a/c vents, no internet, no storage, etc.
BA's soft product is decent, but their hard product sucks monkey nuts, and they KNOW it.

They do NOT have a "great product." What they do have is an ultra-strong home MARKET.
Far more so than anywhere else in Europe, or really, the world in terms of USA intercon travel.

THAT'S what makes them hard to compete against, not their horrid product.


msyflyer wrote:
Not to mention MSY doesn't have enough people to spread among another wide body aircraft for European destinations.

DE apparently disagrees, as does DY...


SunsetLimited wrote:
AF is just not happening. The airline couldn't make MCO work. Why would MSY work?

While I agree with you that DY would be a much more likely draw, I also find the (common) AF/MCO comparison to be a bit of a red herring.

Paris has its own Disneyland, and it's by far the largest/busiest outside of MCO itself... it's larger than NRT/HKG/PVG's Disney parks combined, and accommodates almost as many tourists.

Meaning that AF was basically relying entirely on low-yield transfer traffic to fill a 468 seat 77W launched on day one, while fuel was still in the 2008-2013 insanity years.

They could've launched with an A332 or A343 with half that capacity, and just a few more J seats. Or a DL 763ER with even less.
It's like they were *trying* to fail. And apparently got their wish, when the likes of BA/VS/LH/AB/etc all do just fine at MCO.


SunsetLimited wrote:
and the cruise and convention industry continues to thrive/grow

The former is still apparently an unsued asset, as BA doesn't book cruises in N.America anymore (even out of MIA) and while DE does, they apparently don't do MSY.



Nola wrote:
Except for passengers terminating in LHR, isn't a passenger going to have to connect somewhere? What's the big difference between connecting in ATL v. connecting in LHR?

ANSWER: for many medium and smaller cities in Europe, they now have a 1stop versus a mandatory 2stop. That's important because decreasing the number of stops and/or transit times is one of the few things that even Y pax will pay a discernible premium for. And of course J pax do.

Take major oil markets like Aberdeen or Stavanger, or major port markets like Rotterdam or Antwerp... all are 2stops if using a stateside gateway, whereas they're (usually) 1stops when using a European.

Oddly enough, while FRA, AMS, CDG are great for all the above, LHR is actually the laggard; as BA just dropped SVG and just moved RTM to LCY.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
msyflyer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:04 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them.

Huh????

Um, have you ever seen a Club World seat in person? It's absolutely terrible!
No, that's being too nice... it's F#CKING TERRIBLE.

I do agree about the no AC vents and on Euro Traveler they don't even give you complimentary juice or soft drinks. When I asked why that was the case, they said they recently went to that to compete with EasyJet and Ryan Air. I found that to be a bit interesting...
 
braniff2hav
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

RE GLO

So it appears they have gone 'seasonal' on their routes to SHV, MEM, and HSV .. and Destin I'm not sure.
But the only flights after Friday 7/7 they are operating are MSY-LIT and some of their LIT-Destin service (they have one flight on 14Jul).

No announcement.
No protection for travelers already booked beyond 7/7.
Cannot reach their call center - only can leave messages.

Any word from those at MSY that might have some information on their operation?

Complete disaster of a way to handle your brand if you cannot communicate what is going on.

"Seasonal" or soon to be not an option.
 
braniff2hav
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
BA has a great product and they know it, so it will not be easy pulling people away from them.

Huh????

Um, have you ever seen a Club World seat in person? It's absolutely terrible!
No, that's being too nice... it's F#CKING TERRIBLE.

I do agree about the no AC vents and on Euro Traveler they don't even give you complimentary juice or soft drinks. When I asked why that was the case, they said they recently went to that to compete with EasyJet and Ryan Air. I found that to be a bit interesting...



Just flew it, but out of DFW ... complete blah.... not impressed in any way - about the equivalent of a domestic U.S. carrier.
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:19 pm

 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Lots of activity at the North Terminal. I count 12 cranes in operation on the live cam:
http://www.flymsy.com/capitalimprovements/Projects-in-Construction/North-Terminal-Project-1
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:02 pm

msycajun wrote:
Lots of activity at the North Terminal. I count 12 cranes in operation on the live cam:
http://www.flymsy.com/capitalimprovements/Projects-in-Construction/North-Terminal-Project-1


its definitely more visible from the interstate overpass by williams blvd now and all the activity
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm

July Aerial Shot:
Image
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:08 pm

msycajun wrote:
July Aerial Shot:
Image


sure seems like they have a lot of catching up to do with the five gate extension part
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:29 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
sure seems like they have a lot of catching up to do with the five gate extension part


I think all of the pilings are in and will be going vertical soon. With a year and a half to go, it should be doable. The plan is to have the rest of the terminal enclosed by the end of the year.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 am

msycajun wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
sure seems like they have a lot of catching up to do with the five gate extension part


I think all of the pilings are in and will be going vertical soon. With a year and a half to go, it should be doable. The plan is to have the rest of the terminal enclosed by the end of the year.



its going to be tight ... but even if its not ready right when the terminal opens they can phase it in im sure
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 am

Just got back from a Euro trip flying DE, and figured I post some pics of the trip and give a short report. We flew J class on the way to FRA, and overall the service was great. The angled lie flat seats allowed us to get a few hours sleep on the way, there was ample selection to choose from on the IFE system, and two very decent meals were served. The flight was very full at 85%+ load factor, and business class was completely sold out. On the way back we first flew from FCO to FRA on LH and then interlined over to DE. No issues checking in with LH at FCO, and the connection was quite easyat FRA for the DE flight. We flew Y class back to MSY, but opted to upgrade to the premium entertainment and premium menu. I would recommend this as the cost was only 24 dollars per person, and you get a much better meal and business class entertainment options. This flight had an increase to the 30 J seat configuration, and the flight was also very full. I would estimate 95% full in Y and W, and 60% full in J. The only negative of the entire experience was the seat malfunctioned for my husband on the outbound flight. DE gave us a 120 euro voucher due to this problem. We ended up just splitting time on my seat, so we could both get a few hours rest.

Here are some pics...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
msycajun
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

120 seems low - to me the seat is the main reason for flying business. For me the minimum for such a situation should be the price difference between the economy and business seat. That being said, DE seems like a success and as of last time I checked, they are mostly using the higher J-cabin planes next summer.

From this week's OAG:
WN FLL-MSY SEP 1.0>1.9 OCT 1.0>2
WN LAX-MSY SEP 1.8>1.2
WN MDW-MSY OCT 3>4

Interesting changes - I believe 4 is the most we've ever had to MDW. I hope they consider moving one to MKE - a market on MSY's wishlist. Nice to see them maintaining 2 daily to FLL in a very competitive market. Not great to see a reduction to LAX, but it seems to be temporary.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

MSY-MKE was tried and failed. I don't see it coming back.
Spread hope like fire.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - Part 6

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 pm

msycajun wrote:
120 seems low - to me the seat is the main reason for flying business. For me the minimum for such a situation should be the price difference between the economy and business seat. That being said, DE seems like a success and as of last time I checked, they are mostly using the higher J-cabin planes next summer.

From this week's OAG:
WN FLL-MSY SEP 1.0>1.9 OCT 1.0>2
WN LAX-MSY SEP 1.8>1.2
WN MDW-MSY OCT 3>4

Interesting changes - I believe 4 is the most we've ever had to MDW. I hope they consider moving one to MKE - a market on MSY's wishlist. Nice to see them maintaining 2 daily to FLL in a very competitive market. Not great to see a reduction to LAX, but it seems to be temporary.


Interesting that DE also is strong in J given that its been reported BA is, too.

Also, MDW-MSY was 4 3 years or so ago, maybe less. It dropped around the time BNA-MSY went up to 4.

Surprising to see LAX-MSY drop, that's been a strong route load wise for WN, could just be a September thing.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos