Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SyracuseAvGeek

Re: What airports in US still have airline logos on jetways?

Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 pm

At SYR, there is an old AA logo on one of the jetways, all JetBlue, and Delta gates have them. Gate 1 has a transparent (glass) jetway.

xdlx

Tue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Most of the times in order to place the logo you either own or have exclusive use. But most certainly you also are responsible to maintain it!

USAirALB

Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 am

afcjets wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Many still do AFAIK CLT does for sure.

727LOVER wrote:
I have not yet seen the new AA logo on a jetway.

CLT has a lot of jetways which say Charlotte Douglas International Airport, including concourse E which is technically CUTE I guess yet all American Eagle.

So if CLT does for sure, what is on concourse B and C, no way it says US Airways still, so if not the new AA logo, what else could it be?

All B/C gates have the AA logo on them.

All D gates are CUTE and have the CLT logo on them. E is technically CUTE as well and I believe all E jetbridges have the CLT logo.

ROCDLFAN

Wed May 24, 2017 1:00 am

ROC has the following:

UA: B4, B6, B8, B10
DL: B1, B2, B3, B5, B7
AA: A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11
WN, A1, A2, A3
AC: A4
B6: A5
G4: B9

FlyUSAir

Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 am

BDL has them, and DAB funnily enough has it on the two Delta gates and one JetBlue gate but not the one American gate.

EA CO AS

Wed May 24, 2017 1:25 am

727LOVER wrote:
Speaking of jetway....is that what it is called? I thought that was a company name.

It is a company name, but it's used as a generic term the way "Coke" is for most sodas.

"What kind of Coke do you have?" "Pepsi." "Ok, I'll have one."

airtechy

Wed May 24, 2017 1:31 am

How do airlines place the boarding info screens that have the standby, boarding now. etc. displays like Delta has at their gates in Atlanta.....at CUTE gates.?. I noticed that they weren't at the Delta gate I used in Nashville. I guess if you don't have exclusive use of the gate everything has to be "generic".

They are very informative.

Jim

PVD757

Wed May 24, 2017 3:36 am

PVD has them on all AA, UA, B6, DL, and WN gates but not on common use gates (2, 11, 14, and 22).

weaglibrium

Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 pm

This has much to do with the funding of the purchase of the jetbridge. If the airport uses its own funds, it may sell advertising (HSBC, etc), place its own logo, or allow an airline to place its logo on the jetbridge. If the airport uses FAA funds, it can place its own logo on the jetbridge but not that of an advertiser or airline. If an airline funds the purchase itself, of course it may elect to place its own logo on the bridge. The hodgepodge you see around the US is due to different methods of funding, often within the same airport.

airtrantpa

Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Most gates at TPA still have them, I think the exception would be the Int'l gates in airside F

citationjet

Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

KiloRomeoDelta wrote:
Why can we not have more transparent jetways so I can actually see the plane I am boarding! I love that most new airports in Asia at least are going for transparent jetways.

twincessna340a wrote:
In the US, fire codes have prevented their use. However they are being gradually lifted.

That is true that fire codes are the main reason for the lack of glass bridges. Wichita, KS (ICT) last year built a new terminal with 12 glass jet bridges. The Wichita newspaper reported that the jet bridges were glass because the airport architect classified the new jet bridges as part of the ground equipment, rather than part of the airport terminal. This evidentially changed the fire code classification of the glass jet bridges and allowed them to be used in the airport. If they had been considered as part of the terminal, the fire codes would have prevented their use.
http://www.flywichita.com/maps/

antoniemey

Wed May 24, 2017 11:29 pm

airtechy wrote:
How do airlines place the boarding info screens that have the standby, boarding now. etc. displays like Delta has at their gates in Atlanta.....at CUTE gates.?. I noticed that they weren't at the Delta gate I used in Nashville. I guess if you don't have exclusive use of the gate everything has to be "generic".

They are very informative.

Jim

Getting anything approved at BNA is very difficult. For a long time MNAA refused to allow kiosks away from the counters as they would "Clutter the lobby". They finally started allowing freestanding kiosks about a year and a half ago. The lack of informational monitors for individual airlines (aside from those built into gate backboards) is due to similar issues.

KTPAFlyer

Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 am

MCO is unique in that it has 3 jetways with the VS logo on them. I believe that this is the only such case of a foreign airline's logo on a jetway at a US airport, but VS has a substantial operation with a minimum of 3 daily flights and a maximum of 6, so it's warranted.

KTPAFlyer

Thu May 25, 2017 2:17 am

MCO is unique in that it is the only US airport to have a foreign carrier's logo on the jetways:

Codasco

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am

Last time I flew out of the "A" concourse at STL, a handful of jetways still had Eastern logos on them, granted, on the inside.