LeCoqFrancais
Topic Author

“Best Corporate Sustainability Report” goes to Air Canada

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm

MONTREAL, Jan. 26, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ – Air Canada has been recognized by the Finance and Sustainability Initiative (FSI) with the “2017 Award for Best Corporate Sustainability Report – Transportation” in Canada. This annual competition aims to promote excellence in sustainable development reporting among Canadian public companies.
Air Canada was selected to receive this honour for its 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, Citizens of the World, updated annually on www.aircanada.com/csr. The airline’s fifth corporate sustainability report details Air Canada’s performance during 2015 in four key areas of sustainability: safety, the environment, employee well-being, and the company’s community involvement.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... 07515.html
--
Could someone explain me to what this represents to an airline?
Sébastien C. Tourillon

BobPatterson

Re: “Best Corporate Sustainability Report” goes to Air Canada

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:27 pm

I can't tell you how the airline sees this "award". Quoting the news item:

"Air Canada has been recognized by the Finance and Sustainability Initiative (FSI) with the "2017 Award for Best Corporate Sustainability Report - Transportation" in Canada"

Did any other Canadian Airlines enter this "competition"? If there actually was competition, does "Best Corporate Sustainability Report" mean the airline did the best job of writing a self-serving report? Or does it mean that the actual content/achievements that were self-reported were deemed better/more important than the self-reporting by other companies?

Is there a heavy element of self-promotion here? I think the topics covered are important. I wonder of the "award" is.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos