sk736
Topic Author

What's Happened to Vueling's AMS/MAN Flights?

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm

I booked a trip for June 2017 on Vueling's recently announced AMS/MAN service. I got an e-mail today to say that I've been re-routed AMS-BCN-MAN (which doesn't work for me) and the direct service is no longer bookable on their website. Anyone know what's going on?

Jerry123

Re: What's Happened to Vueling's AMS/MAN Flights?

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:41 pm

sk736 wrote:
I booked a trip for June 2017 on Vueling's recently announced AMS/MAN service. I got an e-mail today to say that I've been re-routed AMS-BCN-MAN (which doesn't work for me) and the direct service is no longer bookable on their website. Anyone know what's going on?

Yet it's bookable on Skyscanner but on Google flights it doesn't start till the 29th October.

Iemand91

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 pm

Apparently Vueling couldn't obtain slots at AMS for the summer.
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

eurowings

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am

Vueling is useless. I was booked on their Luton - Zurich service last year which was cancelled at short notice and now my flight from Amsterdam to Manchester has been rerouted via Barcelona with a 40 minute connection in peak summer. Quite frankly i would not trust Vueling to get me anywhere, I rebooked myself onto easyJet!
Last edited by eurowings on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

Armodeen

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:22 am

MAN - AMS is still like 14 daily or something. Just take the refund and rebook.

eurowings

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:27 am

Armodeen wrote:

Exactly what I did. I was half tempted to fly via BCN but I just know it was not a great idea with Vueling.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

User001

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am

The route will begin October 29th instead of 26th March.

777klm

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am

Quite surprised this is what they come up with as a solution instead of routing you through LHR on BA.
Next flight: AMS - TLL - AMS

rutankrd

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:49 pm

777klm wrote:
Quite surprised this is what they come up with as a solution instead of routing you through LHR on BA.

Just because they share the same parent holding company and that BA sell some tickets on Vueling flights from the UK doesn't mean they readily co-operate across the board.

Vueling are an independent business with reporting P&L targets directly to IAG.
They have in-house route development and marketing and use in house flexible fares algorithms to optimise revenue.

They aren't even an affiliate Oneworld carrier.

As such they would surely bleed crimson if they had to route anyone over BA on their own ticket and pay BA the inter alia rate.

So from their own perspective cancelation and refund (At the latest opportunity to gain interest on deposited funds) or a reroute via their own network seem far more prudent imho.

Once again IAG is global holding company with several national subsidiaries and all remain unique businesses - Its not a US merged company in anyway.

Rajahdhani

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:10 pm

eurowings wrote:
Armodeen wrote:

Exactly what I did. I was half tempted to fly via BCN but I just know it was not a great idea with Vueling.

Yeeesh with that 40 minute connection that they offered you!

http://www.catalannewsagency.com/society-science/item/vueling-president-admits-having-failed-to-solve-the-company-chaos-of-the-last-weeks
President of the Catalan low-cost airline Vueling, Javier Sánchez-Prieto admitted that the company failed to give explanations regarding the numerous flight delays and cancellations that passengers travelling from or to Barcelona El Prat airport had to suffer throughout the last few weeks. “We have been really focused on trying to solve it but I must admit we have failed”, he said this Wednesday in an interview with Catalan newspaper ‘Ara’. “Honestly and being self-critical we should have appeared ahead of time and communicated better”. Vueling cancelled more than 60 flights in the past four days and most of those flights which did operate suffered from delays, affecting nearly 78,000 passengers. A situation which was made worse by the repeated strikes of French air traffic controllers’, the last of which started last Monday.

Last summer presented quite the fiasco, but they have admitted it and I believe are working towards a better solution for next summer. That said, it's quite a hassle, and a back track. Maybe not this time, but in future years - I would likely be tempted to take it, just as well.

sk736
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks for the responses. It's disappointing that Vueling have sold flights they didn't yet have slots for but these things happen. I wouldn't have accepted a 40 minute connection with the best of airlines and certainly not with Vueling at BCN! I've now booked with KLM on their E190 which will be a new aircraft for me, so not all bad in the end.

PatrickZ80

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm

The cheapest option would perhaps have been Eindhoven - Manchester on Ryanair. There is a shuttle bus available between the city of Amsterdam and Eindhoven airport that can be booked through Ryanair, so flying out of Eindhoven instead of Amsterdam is not so much of a problem.

rutankrd

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:32 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
The cheapest option would perhaps have been Eindhoven - Manchester on Ryanair. There is a shuttle bus available between the city of Amsterdam and Eindhoven airport that can be booked through Ryanair, so flying out of Eindhoven instead of Amsterdam is not so much of a problem.

Whilst I would use Ryanair to visit industrial areas south of Tiel and north east towards Nijmegen/Arnhem a ride up the A2 at peak time is not exactly my flavour of the month imho.

PatrickZ80

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 pm

But you don't have to drive yourself, you only have to sit in the bus and let the bus driver do the driving. You can also take the train from Amsterdam to Eindhoven and then take the bus from Eindhoven central station to the airport, that might be faster but more expensive.

Given that a transfer in Barcelona was an option if it had not been so tight I figure it doesn't matter much how long the journey takes, and a bus ride is not much different from a flight in that.

ktof

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
But you don't have to drive yourself, you only have to sit in the bus and let the bus driver do the driving. You can also take the train from Amsterdam to Eindhoven and then take the bus from Eindhoven central station to the airport, that might be faster but more expensive.

Given that a transfer in Barcelona was an option if it had not been so tight I figure it doesn't matter much how long the journey takes, and a bus ride is not much different from a flight in that.

I did that exact journey on the train last month.

I took advantage of Ryanair's £10 off any flight booking offer and booked myself return flights to Eindhoven for £6.99(!!). My train from home to Manchester (10 miles) costs £1.80 more than that.

I then took the train up to Amsterdam which was approximately EUR22.00 return, so let's say £19.00.

So for an extra 90 minutes travelling I paid £26.00 MAN - EIN - AMS return, as opposed to the £89.00 Easyjet were asking for the return flights.

Well worth it!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos