The Detroit area has on of the largest consecrations of Pols in the Squinted States so yes there is a market but since LO and LH are in the same alliance LH doesn't want to lose these customers in the Detroit area so they carry them over FRA rather than having LOT fly a nonstop to WAW
Just a friendly piece of advice...don’t develop such strong opinions on issues you don’t know anything about.
DTW-WAW is a very small air travel market. Even if you gave bleed the most generous estimates, you wouldn’t get close to filling an ERJ.
A large number of immigrants doesn’t mean they travel frequently to their homeland.
Likewise LAXdude I am greatly entrenched with the Polish population here in the Detroit area so I know what I am talking about. There is huge bleed from the Detroit area to YYZ and ORD because fares are outrageous out of Detroit and most poles who travel back an forth want a nonstop because their lack of command of the English language makes them fearful of having to make a connection at a large international airport so they chose the drove for cheaper fares and convenience. I had a friend who made a living out of driving people back and forth to YYZ for these reasons so I KNOW WHAT I'm talking about.
No, you dont. There is so much your missing here. Ill add links below as back up. Buckle up because youre going to get a lot of data.
1) Metro Detroit actually has few Polish Immigrants. The entire Detroit/Ann Arbor CSA has about 10k Polish immigrants. Chicago has about 140k Polish Immigrants. NYC has about 120k Polish Immigrants.
Hartford/Springfield has about 16k Polish Immigrants. What Detroit has a lot of is people of Polish decent. These numbers have about a 5% margin or error.https://www.migrationpolicy.org/program ... litan-area
2) Detroit gets few Polish Immigrants. See the numbers below for the immigrants from Poland by Metro area for the last three years. By the way, these numbers are NOT negotiable. They are the official count from DHS. Im listing all the Metro areas that got more Polish Immigrants than Detroit in each year:
Immigrants from Poland in 2016:
Los Angeles: 118
Immigrants from Poland in 2015:
Los Angeles: 110
Washington DC: 67
Immigrants from Poland in 2014:
Los Angeles: 129
Detroit: 97https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statist ... rbook/2014https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statist ... rbook/2015https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statist ... rbook/2016
3) Just because you know a guy that did something doesnt amount to anything. Even IF Detroit had a large amount of bleed to Chicago and Toronto to fly to WAW (which it doesnt), you dont get to go from 15 PDEW (which is what the market is around right now) to enough to fill a plane profitably.
4) Even IF (which again isnt the case) Detroit had large numbers of people driving to Toronto or Chicago to fly to Poland, that would make them the low yielding garbage fare crowd which NO airline would care even slightly about.
5) Detroit's immigrants OVERWHELMINGLY come one region: the Middle East. Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Yemen being the biggest. The next two contributors are Bangladesh and Mexico. Detroit biggest European contributor is Albania. Unlike the Polish descendants in Detroit, they actually do travel to their homeland regularly.
6) You guys really need to understand bleed. You dont get to make up numbers to make your argument. Ive NEVER seen you post one ounce of data to support your cause.
Look man, I work in this industry and have access to this data. Jetlanta and MAH do too. Weve been on this forum for over 10 years and have been in this industry longer than that. We know what were talking about.
It is what it is...