There was a long interview with WOW air CEO and sole owner Skúli Mogensen yesterday in the Icelandic newspaper Fréttablaðið: http://www.visir.is/g/2017170609317/wow ... fir-hafid-
Some points from the interview:
* WOW Air will start expanding into Asia in 2018, they have a shortlist of destinations under consideration
* Direct flying to Asia will induce a lot of tourism to Iceland from Asia just like direct flying to California increased tourism from there by "hundreds of percent".
* Expansion into Asia is WOW's response to increasing competition on the TATL market
* Increased point to point flying across the Atlantic by Norwegian and soon also by JetBlue puts great pressure on WOW's TATL hub model.
* Four A330 neo to be delivered next year.
* Icelandic authorities are lacking vision regarding building up KEF as an international hub, they focus to much on tourism to Iceland.
* It might be sensible to privatize KEF, at least partially to speed up its development.