User avatar
SQ22
Crew
Topic Author
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:00 pm

CPHFF wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
Norwegian Air Shuttle Boeing 737-800 EI-FVP with Santiago Ramón y Cajal on it's tail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_R ... 3n_y_Cajal

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andymarks ... otostream/



And your point is?


His point is providing us with the man on the tail of a new DY bird.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

kanye wrote:
SAS is next winter launching once per week Helsinki - Malaga. Interesting.

https://www.avanza.se/placera/pressmedd ... alaga.html


Does anyone know anything about this route. Do they have a contract with some charter company that will buy most of the seats?
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 am

WOW Air has taken delivery of its first A320 NEO. Flying home from TLS in the weekend. The registration is TF-NEO.
 
factsonly
Posts: 2349
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 am

Norwegian B738 ARN-LGW Diversion to AMS:

- 27-04-2017 flight D8-2849 ARN-LGW diversion AMS on BOEING 737-800 EI-FHH Norwegian
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 am

The official ceremony of the opening of the new terminal at OSL happened today.

https://youtu.be/Y5cD_K0FjSk
 
Kikko19
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 am

Bostrom wrote:
kanye wrote:
SAS is next winter launching once per week Helsinki - Malaga. Interesting.

https://www.avanza.se/placera/pressmedd ... alaga.html


Does anyone know anything about this route. Do they have a contract with some charter company that will buy most of the seats?


SAS is playng more and more as tourist airline, probably they have a spare A/C during this autumn and why not try out some new route (scandinavians love to escape to Spain during the cold/dark season... who wouldn't??). they could base the A/C there and fly to all Scandinavian capitals and maybe germany ... oh wait! DY is already doing it already for some year!
 
arn777
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 am

And during the opening party for T2 at OSL Bjørn Kjos informed that Norwegian will start OSL-SEA
 
Tobsv146
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:04 pm

arn777 wrote:
And during the opening party for T2 at OSL Bjørn Kjos informed that Norwegian will start OSL-SEA

About time!!! Now waiting for the OSL-SIN
 
B747forever
Posts: 13165
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm

arn777 wrote:
And during the opening party for T2 at OSL Bjørn Kjos informed that Norwegian will start OSL-SEA


Any info about start date and schedule?
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 pm

OSL-SEA will be great! I know a lot of people have missed the SAS CPH-SEA flights. The frequency looks like 3/weekly going west, and 4/weekly going east. Start seems to be 18th of September this year.
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3083
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:24 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
OSL-SEA will be great! I know a lot of people have missed the SAS CPH-SEA flights. The frequency looks like 3/weekly going west, and 4/weekly going east. Start seems to be 18th of September this year.

Congrats OSL! I'm so happy to see that OSL continues to get more and more TATL flights. Where did you get this info from though?
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

lesfalls wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
OSL-SEA will be great! I know a lot of people have missed the SAS CPH-SEA flights. The frequency looks like 3/weekly going west, and 4/weekly going east. Start seems to be 18th of September this year.

Congrats OSL! I'm so happy to see that OSL continues to get more and more TATL flights. Where did you get this info from though?


I just went to order tickets actually.. I could order from 1510kr westbound, and 2700kr eastbound. First flight was 18th of September. I think it was OSL-SEA Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and SEA-OSL was Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Now when I try it says "Vi beklager - Valgt strekning ikke gyldig", which translates to "We're sorry - The chosen route is not valid". So they've removed it again. I could choose Premium seats, so it's a 787.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
OSL-SEA will be great! I know a lot of people have missed the SAS CPH-SEA flights. The frequency looks like 3/weekly going west, and 4/weekly going east. Start seems to be 18th of September this year.

Congrats OSL! I'm so happy to see that OSL continues to get more and more TATL flights. Where did you get this info from though?


I just went to order tickets actually.. I could order from 1510kr westbound, and 2700kr eastbound. First flight was 18th of September. I think it was OSL-SEA Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and SEA-OSL was Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Now when I try it says "Vi beklager - Valgt strekning ikke gyldig", which translates to "We're sorry - The chosen route is not valid". So they've removed it again. I could choose Premium seats, so it's a 787.


18th Sept is when LGW-SEA starts, and they sell tickets OSL-LGW-SEA for those prices. You may be mixing these up? From what I can see OSL-SEA is not yet released/loaded. Neither did Norwegian say anything about start date and frequencies during today's show

Also it will be with 787, as the 737-8MAX doesn't have the range for OSL-SEA

I also suspect the capacity is coming from the ceased SJU routes
 
Kikko19
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:27 pm

not yet loaded in Amadeus at least...
 
B747forever
Posts: 13165
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Someone83 wrote:

I also suspect the capacity is coming from the ceased SJU routes


Wonder if ARN will also see a new destination in place of SJU.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Someone83 wrote:

18th Sept is when LGW-SEA starts, and they sell tickets OSL-LGW-SEA for those prices. You may be mixing these up? From what I can see OSL-SEA is not yet released/loaded. Neither did Norwegian say anything about start date and frequencies during today's show

Also it will be with 787, as the 737-8MAX doesn't have the range for OSL-SEA

I also suspect the capacity is coming from the ceased SJU routes


Could be, but the page loaded earlier with dates and everything. Now it doesn't. Neither LGW-SEA or OSL-SEA.
 
FIX
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Finnair increases capacity to Lapland for winter 2017, offering 430,000 seats from November to April

Due to the continued increase in demand for Lapland as a tourist destination, Finnair is growing its capacity to several Lapland airports for the winter 2017 season.

Between January 1 and March 24, Finnair will add four weekly frequencies to Rovaniemi operating on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, operating the route up to five times daily from Helsinki. Kuusamo will see a 23% growth in seat capacity with three additional weekly frequencies operating on Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays. These flights will be operated mostly with Embraer 190 aircraft.

In addition, the daily triangle flight which was operated between Helsinki, Ivalo and Kittilä in the afternoon during the last winter season, will now be operated as non-stop flights on both the Helsinki-Ivalo and Helsinki-Kittilä routes. The flights will be operated with a mix of Airbus aircraft.

“Lapland has been attracting hundreds of thousands of international tourists every year and the interest continues to grow steadily,” says Juha Järvinen, Chief Commercial Officer at Finnair. “At present, the number one destinations in our network amongst Chinese tourists have been in northern Finland during the winter months. The past winter seasons have been particularly successful and we have increased our winter capacity to Lapland by nearly 140,000 seats over the past four years.”

During the winter 2017 season, Finnair will also operate new non-stop flights to Lapland airports from London Gatwick, Paris and Zurich. In total, Finnair will be adding approximately 57,000 seats to its winter capacity in Lapland compared to the previous winter 2016 season.


Source:
https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=2543298
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm

KEF is closed currently after a runway excursion by Primera flight arriving from Alicante. The aircraft is stuck by the southern end of the N/S runway. The E/W runway is also closed for repaving so the airport is closed. Two incoming flights diverted and the whole afternoon departure bank of FI is held up as well as some WW flights.
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 pm

The E/W runway has now been opened. It had to be cleared of snow. Flights are now departing.
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3083
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Someone83 wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
Congrats OSL! I'm so happy to see that OSL continues to get more and more TATL flights. Where did you get this info from though?


I just went to order tickets actually.. I could order from 1510kr westbound, and 2700kr eastbound. First flight was 18th of September. I think it was OSL-SEA Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and SEA-OSL was Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Now when I try it says "Vi beklager - Valgt strekning ikke gyldig", which translates to "We're sorry - The chosen route is not valid". So they've removed it again. I could choose Premium seats, so it's a 787.


18th Sept is when LGW-SEA starts, and they sell tickets OSL-LGW-SEA for those prices. You may be mixing these up? From what I can see OSL-SEA is not yet released/loaded. Neither did Norwegian say anything about start date and frequencies during today's show

Also it will be with 787, as the 737-8MAX doesn't have the range for OSL-SEA

I also suspect the capacity is coming from the ceased SJU routes

Seems that it will be starting in summer 2018 and will be flown 2x weekly:


http://www.newsinenglish.no/2017/04/28/ ... ir-brexit/
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
Nami
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Seems like there were three flights (+AY71) from HEL to Tokyo today, and according to flightmapper the same will happen next Friday (Saturday return). I'm curious to know why that is?

The 4x a week double daily Finnair is supposed to start in June, so it seemed a little unorthodox to me and I'm wondering if someone knows more.
 
FIX
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:41 am

Tallinn Airport has got some nice gains in the first quarter of the year. For the first three months the airport has gained 21,4%, 16,7% and 16,5% respectively and 18,1% for the whole quarter. These gains are significant as the airport grew only 2,5% in 2016. I wonder what's the driver behind these numbers.

TLL is not a Nordic airport obviously. Despite of that I think the airport is relevant to this thread as it has a lot of Nordic traffic and, as it's the closest of all airports to Helsinki (even when Finnish airports are included). It's part of the market so to say.

Sources:
http://www.tallinn-airport.ee/wordpress ... -short.pdf
http://www.tallinn-airport.ee/wordpress ... ele-ik.pdf
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 am

Nami wrote:
Seems like there were three flights (+AY71) from HEL to Tokyo today, and according to flightmapper the same will happen next Friday (Saturday return). I'm curious to know why that is?

The 4x a week double daily Finnair is supposed to start in June, so it seemed a little unorthodox to me and I'm wondering if someone knows more.


The AY71/72 in May is scheduled, it was added quite late. Yes the 4x double daily starts in June, so with the daily JAL there will be 18 weekly departures to NRT in June-October.
 
Kikko19
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 am

SAS will switch to a330 to BOS after the lease of privat air ends:

http://www.check-in.dk/sas-indsaetter-a ... ston-rute/
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

Kikko19 wrote:
SAS will switch to a330 to BOS after the lease of privat air ends:

http://www.check-in.dk/sas-indsaetter-a ... ston-rute/


The system is now showing 3x weekly with 737s, so seems like the article is correct, and that is soon will show A330-300 as aircraft

The schedule is the same as CPH-MIA, and right now both OSL-MIA and CPH-MIA comes up as "not available" after 29. October, when CPH-BOS apparently switches to A330
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am

To edit my previous post:

SAS now confirms CPH-BOS 3x weekly with A330-300, and at the same time will start ARN-MIA 1x weekly.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-to-fly-d ... m-october/

I'm rather confident that the capacity for ARN-MIA either will be taken from the current MIA routes, thus will be 3x weekly OSL and CPH to MIA, and 1x weekly from ARN. Or from another existing ARN longhaul route (by reducing another route by 1x weekly)

The question then is where the CPH-BOS capacity is coming from. Either, another aircraft must come in, or another route must be reduced
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Someone83 wrote:
The question then is where the CPH-BOS capacity is coming from. Either, another aircraft must come in, or another route must be reduced


Seems like both OSL-MIA and CPH-MIA will go 2x weekly the coming winter, thus the capacity to operate 3x weekly CPH-BOS with A330 will come from here
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm

Great news with the A330 upgrade. Better and more consistant passenger experience. And most likely cheaper for SAS if they can optimize some other routes to make this happen without bringing in another aircraft. SAS is saying the Americans are getting more and more aware of this route and it seems to be doing pretty well.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 am

SAS' 7th A320neo has been delivered

Airbus A320 -251N 7565 SE-DOZ SAS delivery 03may17 XFW-ARN ex D-AUBD


At the same time SE-RJE has left the fleet, so they down to 12 A320ceos. However this is been a aircraft with a lot of reliability issues
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am

Traffic numbers Norwegian April 2017

Pax: 2,638,229 +15%
ASK: +19%
RPK: +22%
Load: 86,6 +2,1pp
Yield: 0,41 +5%
RASK: 0,36 +8%

https://www.norwegian.no/globalassets/i ... l-2017.pdf
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri May 05, 2017 10:43 am

WOW airs 8th A321ceo has been delivered


Airbus A321-211 ln 7650 TF-WIN delivery 04may17 XFW-KEF ex D-AVYJ
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
User avatar
hilram
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 11:20 am

Meanwhile, as SAS are getting new A320 neos, they are retiring B736s. Three have left the fleet so far this year:

LN-RPY "Olof Viking" wfu 24th of January 2017
SE-DOR "Elisabeth Viking" wfu 12th of March 2017
LN-RPB "Bure Viking" wfu 14th of April 2017

All aircraft were about 18 years old.
Flown on: A319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343 | B732, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 743, 772, 77W | BAe-146 | DHC-6, 7, 8 | E195 | MD DC-9 41, MD-82, MD-87
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5677
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Traffic numbers in KEF.

April 2017 were 619,915 passengers, an 55.9% increase on April 2017.
The year including April is 1,563,902 passengers, an 53.7% increase over the same period in 2016.
https://www.kefairport.is/Um-felagid/To ... olda/2017/

Icelandair has seen a 29% passenger increase April 2016 to 2017, with a 18% increase on the year 2017 including April over the same period in 2016.
Icelandair is growing, but slower than KEF regarding all airlines. Load factor in April was 82.6% and for the period including April 78.5%, available seat KM increased by 25%. https://newsclient.omxgroup.com/cdsPubl ... 35&lang=en
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm

CAL Cargo is starting a 1x weekly 747F service OSL-TLV, aimed at exporting seafood to Israel. First flight scheduled May 16.
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 4651
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Someone83 wrote:
CAL Cargo is starting a 1x weekly 747F service OSL-TLV, aimed at exporting seafood to Israel. First flight scheduled May 16.



Another B747 at OSL. How many cargo operators are using the B747 to OSL now ?
 
User avatar
SAS A340
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 5:59 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 pm

hilram wrote:
Meanwhile, as SAS are getting new A320 neos, they are retiring B736s. Three have left the fleet so far this year:

LN-RPY "Olof Viking" wfu 24th of January 2017
SE-DOR "Elisabeth Viking" wfu 12th of March 2017
LN-RPB "Bure Viking" wfu 14th of April 2017

All aircraft were about 18 years old.

Replacing a B736 with a A320 neo is a improvement for SAS in both economics o capacity. :bigthumbsup:
It's not what u do,it's how u do it!
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Mortyman wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
CAL Cargo is starting a 1x weekly 747F service OSL-TLV, aimed at exporting seafood to Israel. First flight scheduled May 16.



Another B747 at OSL. How many cargo operators are using the B747 to OSL now ?


Three. Cargolux and Air Bridge Cargo in addition to CAL. All coming on Tuesday, the big cargo day at OSL. Air Bridge Cargo also have a 2nd weekly on Fridays.

Korean used to be 747F, but is noe 777F
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 4651
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
CAL Cargo is starting a 1x weekly 747F service OSL-TLV, aimed at exporting seafood to Israel. First flight scheduled May 16.



Another B747 at OSL. How many cargo operators are using the B747 to OSL now ?


Three. Cargolux and Air Bridge Cargo in addition to CAL. All coming on Tuesday, the big cargo day at OSL. Air Bridge Cargo also have a 2nd weekly on Fridays.

Korean used to be 747F, but is noe 777F


Asiana does'nt fly to OSL anymore ?
 
Robbie86
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Might have missed the post, but I didn't see anything about SK starting ARN-MIA in October.

1x/week with Airbus 330.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-to-fly-d ... m-october/
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Mortyman wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:


Another B747 at OSL. How many cargo operators are using the B747 to OSL now ?


Three. Cargolux and Air Bridge Cargo in addition to CAL. All coming on Tuesday, the big cargo day at OSL. Air Bridge Cargo also have a 2nd weekly on Fridays.

Korean used to be 747F, but is noe 777F


Asiana does'nt fly to OSL anymore ?


No, long time since they stopped




On the other hand, it seems like Etihad Cargo is already giving up their freighter service to CPH.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 am

Another new A321 delivered to Finnair

Airbus A321 -231 7661 OH-LZP Finnair delivery 08may17 XFW-HEL ex D-AVYN
 
Bostrom
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 am

Robbie86 wrote:
Might have missed the post, but I didn't see anything about SK starting ARN-MIA in October.

1x/week with Airbus 330.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-to-fly-d ... m-october/



It was discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1362037
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3083
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Norwegian international will base 2 B737-800s at OSL and will operate them on behalf of Norwegian air Shuttle between June 1st and September 1st:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ul-flights
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Icelandair extending the seasonal service on KEF-YVR to year-round in winter schedule for 2017/2018

http://www.yvr.ca/en/media/news-releases/2017/yvr-to-iceland-now-year-round
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
Peeter
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue May 09, 2017 7:25 pm

AI chairman Ashwani Lohani wrote in a Facebook post today that the company will open DEL-ARN from 15th August.
A306, A318/19/20/21, A332/3, A343/6, A359, A388, AT7/6, B717, B733/5/6/7/8/9, B744, B752, B763, B772/W, B788/9, CRJ9, DC47, DH8C, E190, F70, MD11, MD81/2/3, RJ85/1H, SF34
 
Someone83
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed May 10, 2017 9:44 am

SAS is starting TOS-CPH 2x weekly (Wed/Sat) using 737s from Winter 2017/2018
 
okay
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat May 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted here already, I haven't checked in here for some time and I'm not up to date what has been discussed.

Anyway, AY has started a continuous search for new cabin crew. Another 350 new crew will be hired during the next 12 months. I wandered to the application page and noticed a rather interesting change in the requirements. Finnish is no longer required as a language. Only English is required and Finnish highly valued. This basically opens AY's door to anyone carrying a EU Passport or the right to work for a Finnish company to work as cabin crew. Nice one, good job in my opinion!
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat May 13, 2017 5:14 pm

In order to be able to grow, we need new personnel. Therefore, during the next years we will recruit and train several hundreds of new Cabin Crew Members, based in Helsinki.


https://rekry.saima.fi/smarthome/open_j ... d=00006810

Good news, AY keep on hiring new people. Not that long ago both official languages Finnish and Swedish were required for those based in HEL, now only English. This could interest Estonians perhaps, a short hop to HEL.
 
ilari
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 15, 2017 8:15 am

HELyes wrote:
In order to be able to grow, we need new personnel. Therefore, during the next years we will recruit and train several hundreds of new Cabin Crew Members, based in Helsinki.


https://rekry.saima.fi/smarthome/open_j ... d=00006810

Good news, AY keep on hiring new people. Not that long ago both official languages Finnish and Swedish were required for those based in HEL, now only English. This could interest Estonians perhaps, a short hop to HEL.


Not having to know Finnish and triple pay compared to Estonia, sounds like a deal. :D
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3083
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 pm

HELyes wrote:
In order to be able to grow, we need new personnel. Therefore, during the next years we will recruit and train several hundreds of new Cabin Crew Members, based in Helsinki.


https://rekry.saima.fi/smarthome/open_j ... d=00006810

Good news, AY keep on hiring new people. Not that long ago both official languages Finnish and Swedish were required for those based in HEL, now only English. This could interest Estonians perhaps, a short hop to HEL.

I don't understand why hiring non-finnish speakers is something good for the national carrier of Finland. I can understand if they use foreign crew on flights to Asia but to use them on intra-eu flights then it's like flying Norwegian who uses Estonian crew from HEL.
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos