Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ryanrap1
Topic Author

United-Livery Question

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

I know at best it is probably only an educated best. Does anyone think United will reveal a new livery this year? What are your thoughts/comments.

Kno

Re: United-Livery Question

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 pm

No because they just started getting 77Ws in the current scheme... I would think if they did it would wait until the 350s arrive or some new type.

drdisque

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Yeah, I really doubt it. I think they have a few more years. Maybe around 2020, which would make it a nice even 10 years from when the merger was announced.

ojjunior

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 pm

ryanrap1 wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I know at best it is probably only an educated best. Does anyone think United will reveal a new livery this year? What are your thoughts/comments.

Why would they?
This is the best thing we've seen flying out there for a long time!

LeCoqFrancais

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:46 pm

I would have said not before the Airbus A350XWB before, but considering how Air Canada revealed there new livery with out a new plane arriving in the fleet or a new hard product, I'm now unsure to when United will reveal a new livery if they have one in the making that is.

UAL777UK

Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Whilst I wish I was wrong I do not envisage any new livery until as others have stated before the A350 rocks up but I would really love to be wrong

StrandedAtMKG

Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:06 pm

The merger's been what, 6-7 years ago, and I still do a double-take every time I see United titles on what should be a CO aircraft. It just looks *weird*. And lazy. Mostly lazy. UA's defenders keep pointing out the new little touches they're rolling out to extend the brand (didn't they recently add some paneling or something with little globe logos?), but it's just a terrible brand to begin with. If the management team at UA is to be trusted at all, they've got to start floating the possibility of a total teardown and rebrand.

aviationjunky

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 pm

If feel like it's about time for them to reintroduce the Tulip. When the merger was announced, there was a HUGE amount of fake liveries that were actually better than most out there. I was particularly a big fan of this logo. I don't like the livery itself is a bit over the top, but I like the way they smashed both CO and UA logos together.

OA940

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 pm

No. In 5-10 years probably.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos