Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

77H

Re: AC changes Victoria (YYJ) to Rouge

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:00 am

ac7e7 wrote:
I am in Victoria every couple of weeks and find the loads to be 80%+. I find very little difference between Westjet and Rouge. I'm not sure what people want from their airlines?

I realize the "in" thing is for people to complain about Air Canada. But their reasons for hating them is mostly fluff. I fly both AC/rouge and Westjet extensively (weekly actually). There is very little difference between the two airlines from an economy seat or service standpoint. I find I get more value flying Air Canada because of upgrades and lounge access.

If the demand is there, AC will switch to mainline. There is likely more demand for mainline service to other markets than to Victoria.

If Air Canada flies a 777 to Victoria and drops prices to fill the aircraft, the haters would accuse them of trying to drive out the competition. There is no winning with them. In fact, I believe most AC haters don't even fly more than once a year. If people really hated them as much as you all claim they do, nobody would fly them. The numbers tell a different story. If the haters actually fly with them regularily, then shame on them. Do us all a favour and put your money where your mouth is.

One poster above said he will not pay for a 29" seat - no problem. Keep in mind that most airlines are reducing their seat pitch. Westjet will likely reduce it further once their shareholders start realizing their cost advantage has been erased.

If you dont like them, dont fly them. My favorite line when I read an AC complaint news story is "I'll never fly them again!" Whatever my friend - you probably fly once a decade so who cares? If you want first class service, buy a first class ticket. If not, take your seat in the back and amuse yourself for a few hours.

Don't start making too many logical statements or you'll be deemed an "airline apologist". ....Whatever that means

77H

ACDC8

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm

ac7e7 wrote:
I am in Victoria every couple of weeks and find the loads to be 80%+. I find very little difference between Westjet and Rouge. I'm not sure what people want from their airlines?

Being on an airplane (mostly WS) every other week, the difference in legroom between Rouge's A319/321s and WS B737/738s is like night and day for me. I've taken Rouge to LAS several times last year, and unless I can upgrade to Premium Rouge, I now avoid their A319/321s for that very (and only) reason. The only exception is being shoved on one of WS's B736s - given they still have the old cabin, the seats are miserable in those.

On the flip side, Premium Rouge is better than WS Plus by a mile in seats and service.

drgmobile

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't get the Rouge hate. I've flown it numerous times, in both classes and I find it a great product for the mission. One has to remember that Rouge is about low yield traffic. So it means a whole bunch of routes that wouldn't be economic on mainline. There are mainline alternatives to the Rouge flights in the domestic market, so if one hates it so much they can go through a hub.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos