Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BritTraveller

Re: New Members Posting For First Time

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey!

I'm a long time lurker and thought I'd make an account just if I have any questions or opinions.

FANiko

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:34 am

Howdy y'all, been reading the articles on this site for a LONG time. 3.5 year Flight Attendant here, decided it was time to get a membership.

Heleventia

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:05 am

Hello! I am long time lurker; now deciding to become a member of this amazing community.

igneon

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:18 pm

I just found out editing my first post also puts it back in the mod queue :(
Other than that, I can see how it's a good rule.

Boras

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:43 pm

How much time does it take for it to be approved?

qf789

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:45 pm

Boras wrote:
How much time does it take for it to be approved?

It depends on if a moderaotr is online at the time your post. Sometimes it will take a very short period (minutes) and other times it could be a few hours. We do try and put the post approvals through as quickly as possible.

Gamingboy11

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 am

Flow2706 wrote:
I only registered just now, but I have been following this forum for a long time now (I think I first looked at airliners.net around 2002 or so, when I was just a kid enthusiastic about aviation - since quite a few years airliners.net is one of the few websites that I visit daily, I has proven to be a valuable source of information). I rarely felt the urge to post something and back in the days when you needed to pay for a membership I thought that it would not really be worth it for just a few posts in a year. I think that if you re-introduce a paid membership it will drive a few people off (especially that would only post rarely anyway), some of which might add valuable contributions to discussions.
I do however agree that a paid membership would probably reduce the "signal-to-noise" ratio when looking for information (f.e. its very hard to follow discussions about aircraft accidents, even though the summaries provided by some users in those threads are helpful in finding relevant information in those very long threads).
Has the quality of the forum really deteriorated since the free membership was introduced? I didn't notice a major change in quality, but obviously I am not reading everything that's being posted on the forum...

By the way, as this is my first post, I will take this opportunity to introduce myself (I don't think there is a dedicated forum area for introductions of new members). I am Florian, 27 years old, and at present I am working as a First Officer on the A320 for an European airline. Before my current job I was working (also as an A320 FO) in Indonesia.

I have also looked at this website for a year or so. I only joind a couple of weeks ago. I have used this website as a valuable source of aviation information. I am still a kid, I am sort of the typical steareotype kid, I like videogames (Pokemon Zelda and Geofs) but I only know one person who likes aeroplanes like me. My fav plane is the DC 10, 777, 787, 747, 727 A350, DC 9/MD80/MD90/717 Family, 737, A320, A321, A330 Lockheed Tristar, 707, DC 8.

SpeedBird2018

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 am

This is my first post also. I have follwed ANet over the years and have found it to be a useful and interesting forum. Many members have a great deal of experience and wisdom to share. I was hoping to post a "New Topic" to check the communities temperature about the possiblity of a new "Modest Price" Airline offering that catered to only the Business Community and upscale flyers with a solid cabin offering of First & Business class with 1/3 of the cabins dedicated to Premium Economy. Evidently I will have to wait to introduce this topic with the new regulations. Thanks for keeping the forum fresh and relevant.

PowerliftDrsTX

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Took no time at all for my first posts to be moderated and approved! welcome!

SpeedBird2018

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 am

Thanks for the Update...I look forward to participating and posting relevant information that is intriguing to the Airliners.net audience for discussion.

P47Tbolt

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey,
Been following the forum for 3 years, decided to join to know more about airliners than I presently do.

MBASS

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:40 am

Hello everybody!

After just watching this forum for over a year, I've decided to join.

solution

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 am

Looking forward to being approved, thank you!

JamesRenard

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 am

Hi there.
I've been browsing the forum for a short while and decided to get involved with things.

BIGHEADJM

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:01 pm

moderators wrote:
Hi Everyone

In light of some recent spam attacks on both the forums and accounts being set up pretending to be someone else, the Moderators, along with our Community Manager and Developer at Leaf Group (formally Demand Media) have decided that all new members will need to have their first forum post approved.

The Moderators, Community Manager and Developer at Leaf Group are going to work together over the next while to look into other options to remove/reduce the risk of spam posts/spam members.

If you are a new member to our forums, then welcome and thank you for your patience and understanding. This new requirement will increase the Moderators work load here at airliners.net as we screen first posts, but I'm sure you'll all enjoy seeing less spam posts as we work to remove members who simply shouldn't be posting here.

If anyone has any questions/concerns, then as always please feel free to contact us at moderators@airliners.net.

On behalf of the Airliners.net Moderators

777ER
Head Forum Moderator

Hi Guys I´m new here... I hope learn and improve my English and Topics Aviation with yours.
best regards

O530CarrisPT

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello everyone!
After many years browsing this forum, I decided to join into it also to improve my knowledge in aviation (I'm a jack-of-all trades, master of none - but I am still always ready to learn).

Best regards,
O530 Carris PT

moa999

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 am

Ah ok. That explains why posts don't appear.
Got sick of being a lurker.

Pt56

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am

hello every one

JeniferWilliams

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello everyone I am new here and just wanted to say hello.