Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

guyanam

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread 120

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:32 am

dominicl316 wrote:

The InterCaribbean routes you propose would end up empty on the EIS-STT sector, as US regulations require a US visa for even a stopover in a US territory.
303dk wrote:

I honestly think that you'll see STT-SDQ before someone tries STT-ANU again. The VFR and more and more business traffic is that way.

We would see EIS-SDQ before we ever see STT-SDQ. Jetblue has cornered most of that market. Keep in mind they also have the ability to route passengers via their SJU hub to multiple destinations in the DR: SDQ, PUJ and STI.

I agree with you about the EIS SDQ. B6 can already carry the DR VFR via SJU and no one else can do so. Right now there is no way to do EIS SDQ in one day.

InterCarib is already doing PLS SJU EIS so they have figured out the in-transit bit. STT SKB is the healthiest of the USVI markets given that there are more Kittitians and Nevisians living in the USVI than other islanders, and most Kittitians are in STT. Also given the proximity of SKB to STT I suspect the ties linking the USVI communities with their homelands are probably strongest with SKB and weakest with SLU, which is far away and a hassle to get to, and so only the most essential travel will happen, meaning few during off peak periods.

What interests me is that there doesn't seem to be a clamor about this. Even the ANU PM isn't disturbed by LIAT ending service and in fact endorsed it if it meant that LI was going to reduce its losses. So is there a large constituency that really wants this service? In order to convince Air Antilles to use its valuable ATRs (see comments by yoni on this) there has to be assurance that there is year round demand for this service. Because to use an ATR to be timed to connect with WMs flights from SXM to SKB NEV ANU and DOM (and via FDF to SLU) ties up that plane at a time when it can be used to connect with AF flights.

cha747

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 am

Hey Folks (or Bon noche as they might say in Aruba). Anybody know what happened with UA 1039 yesterday March 13 AUA-EWR. Seems it went tech. I had my kids out and about in Aruba and on the way back we stopped because it appeared that the flight was going to depart (very late - it was around 18:00) - but after some time holding short of the runway it taxied down the runway back to the terminal. Shows-up as cancelled due to a/c mx (not weather as the snow didn't come until later). Any idea what the issue was? Much thanks.

edited because auto correct corrected my weak stab at Papiamento

johnwest

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Anybody thinks that the crj200 will work for Pawa?

baje427

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Given how Caribbean people travel I wonder how the baggage situation will go airlines around the world are dumping the CRJ's so in one sense acquisition costs must be low but I would assume they are not the most efficient. But for select routes this aircraft can be used profitably if Pawa has such routes in its network we will find out.
johnwest wrote:

guyanam

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm

baje427 wrote:
Given how Caribbean people travel I wonder how the baggage situation will go airlines around the world are dumping the CRJ's so in one sense acquisition costs must be low but I would assume they are not the most efficient. But for select routes this aircraft can be used profitably if Pawa has such routes in its network we will find out.
johnwest wrote:

I will imagine that most of PAWA's network is used by Dominicans resident throughout the Caribbean and in SoFL. Given that the VFR market is baggage heavy we will see. I heard that Dominicans resident in ANU returning on trips to the DR had full suitcases. That isn't a route where one would expect this, given that SDQ must be a better place to shop than ANU.

johnwest

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Apparently also Aruba Airlines want to use a 50 seat regional jet , the e145 according to Wikipedia. Same issues here I guess?

johnwest

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

The e190 has been working for Panama based copa on Curacao and Aruba. i also saw it in Haiti a few times. Anybody thinks that this plane is suitable /better option to add for these carribbean carriers/ operations?

johnwest

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

E175 /190

A388

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 pm

I also find the CRJ a small aircraft so I wonder if this aircraft will work for PAWA as others have said. I hope they have done their homework on this.

A lot apparently is going on at Aruba Airlines but when you do an internet search of those developments you won't find anything which makes me doubt at how much is true of all these rumors or not.

As others have said, whether the E145/175 or E190 is good for these airlines depends on which routes they want to use those aircraft. Typically Caribbean people travel quite heavy but I don't this is the case with all destinations. I can imagine MIA and PTY being destinations that need a larger aircraft but as johnwest points out, Copa uses the E190 to Haiti but also to other destinations like Jamaica and Trinidad. These are routes that might fall under the category baggage heavy as far as I know.

A388

BonaireFly

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:12 am

A few recent developments:

Surinam Airways adds two weekly flights from Aruba to Orlando.
http://www.aruba.com/our-island/surinam ... ando-aruba

Aruba Airlines is banned from flying in Curacao airspace.
Aruba Airlines has been banned from flying in Curacao airspace by the Dutch Caribbean Air Navigation Service Provider (DCANSP) since March 14th 2017 due to lack of payments. This is not the first time that it happens, in the past, the situation was quickly resolved by the airline providing the payments. Though so far it is not known how long the troubled airline has been accumulating the debts, nor how much they currently owe DCANSP.
Apparently, a ban has been placed on 5 specific aircraft and any other that the airline may operate. Though currently, the airline has only an Airbus A319 and an A320 in active operation.

This one has only been picked up by local media so far.
http://www.noticiacla.com/news/9013

Insel Air International lays off 250 employees
Today Insel Air International announced that it is laying off 250 employees, including reportedly a manager in the airline. The outraged employees were at Hato International Airport earlier today before moving to the airline's headquarters where apparently a manager was physically assaulted by one of the employees. Apparently, the reason for the outrage was because the airline has made cuts only locally and decided to keep all international employees. It now not yet clear if this is true. Previously it was promised that the airline would try to limit job cuts and would instead offer reduced working hours.

guyanam

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:55 pm

BonaireFly wrote:

[.

Don't know what PY is talking about. Both BW and OJ also provide one free bag as well as meals appropriate to the time of day on their longer routes. Maybe PY offers better meals, but its not that they are the only Caribbean carrier offering meals.

A388

Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

BonaireFly, the Aruba Airlines ban from using the air space was very short lived as they completed their payments two night ago what I understand.

Sad news for the people that are being laid off at Insel Air. They are downsizing in a big way.

A388

guyanam

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 pm

A388 wrote:
Sad news for the people that are being laid off at Insel Air. They are downsizing in a big way.

A388

No surprise given that a reconstituted Insel will be a much smaller airline. It will take a long time to recover business lost as their competitors have capitalized on their performance failures and severely damaged reputation.

If MIA CUR depends highly on the Venezuela market then Insel is in deep trouble as they cannot rely on this market going forward. PAWA will have taken away much of the market into SDQ from CUR and SXM, as these are mainly Dominicans. PY can snag the PBM/POS CUR markets. I think that the AUA base is gone. PTY has probably taken away much of the CUR hub business. Not much left.

dominicl316

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm

guyanam wrote:
What interests me is that there doesn't seem to be a clamor about this. Even the ANU PM isn't disturbed by LIAT ending service and in fact endorsed it if it meant that LI was going to reduce its losses. So is there a large constituency that really wants this service?

The clamor was more on the USVI side, although there was some coverage on various blogs in the OECS. There was quite a bit of outrage on USVI social media, the Legislature and the newspapers. The Antigua-Barbuda Association of St. Croix was also outraged about the negative impact of LIAT's pullout.

The constituency that wants this service are the OECS citizens and their offspring that live in the USVI. Yes, it is a dwindling population (many of whom are leaving the USVI for the US mainland), but there are enough persons on all three USVI to fill an ATR connecting both STX/STT to all islands from AXA down to SLU.

While permanent immigration has dropped significantly, there is still a trickle and we have a lot of students from the OECS that study at the University of the Virgin Islands (most with the intent of moving to the US mainland after graduation). There is also a bill currently in the US Congress establishing a CARICOM visa waiver similar to the one for citizens of East Asian countries that visit the US territories of Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. If the USVI wants to reap the economic benefits of the CARICOM visa waiver, we must have direct flights linking CARICOM with the USVI as the visa waiver is only valid for those CARICOM citizens who enter the USVI from a foreign port. For example, persons connecting to the USVI from CARICOM via SJU/MIA would be ineligible for the waiver. I recently traveled to SKB and NEV and met many individuals who were waiting for an opportunity to renew their visas in BGI before making a planned trip to see their cousins in STX/STT. This waiver would remove that hindrance.

guyanam wrote:
In order to convince Air Antilles to use its valuable ATRs (see comments by yoni on this) there has to be assurance that there is year round demand for this service. Because to use an ATR to be timed to connect with WMs flights from SXM to SKB NEV ANU and DOM (and via FDF to SLU) ties up that plane at a time when it can be used to connect with AF flights.

We have an expression here in St. Croix "one one full up one basket!" (I'm sure the expression is not unique to STX, lol) . The point is to gather all of the potential traffic from both STX/STT headed to SXM, AXA, SKB, NEV, ANU, PTP, DOM, FDF, and SLU and fill a single ATR-42. As long as the connectivity is there, the fares aren't outrageous like BB, and the flight stops in both STX/STT, it can work year-round. If they need to make the STX stop less than daily, then so be it.

AEROFAN

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

windian425 wrote:
The B6 FLL-BGI route is not dead..... This is a temporary reduction in frequency which i suspect will return to daily for the Winter 2017/18 season.
I do however agree that they need more feed at FLL to improve the economics of the route.

Many Barbadians would go to MIA to shop. Can they do this in FLL just as well?

baje427

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes several Barbadians leave Miami to go Saw Grass Mills which is located in FLL.

AEROFAN wrote:
windian425 wrote:
The B6 FLL-BGI route is not dead..... This is a temporary reduction in frequency which i suspect will return to daily for the Winter 2017/18 season.
I do however agree that they need more feed at FLL to improve the economics of the route.

303dk

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Another blow to the USVI: Hummingbird is ceasing operations on April 1

guyanam

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 am

dominicl316 wrote:
We have an expression here in St. Croix "one one full up one basket!" (I'm sure the expression is not unique to STX, lol) . The point is to gather all of the potential traffic from both STX/STT headed to SXM, AXA, SKB, NEV, ANU, PTP, DOM, FDF, and SLU and fill a single ATR-42. As long as the connectivity is there, the fares aren't outrageous like BB, and the flight stops in both STX/STT, it can work year-round. If they need to make the STX stop less than daily, then so be it.

In Jamaica its "one one coco fill basket" and in Guyana its "one one dutty build dam". Only problem with that is 3S isn't LI. Not to deny that LI is an inefficiently managed airline with an incompetent board and interfering politicians. But a big part of LI's problem is that they connect a bunch of small markets requiring a complex route network to get every one to their final destination. That is hard to manage, costly and a complex operation. This is why many have tried to compete against LIAT and ALL have FAILED. Despite LI's horrendous reputation.

As I see it 3S does the point to point operation. They aren't going to fly out of STT if it needs 4 islands to fill the plane. Even if they coordinate with WM because that means ensuring that their plane is available to fit into WM's schedule. SXM isn't a 3S hub. In addition if an airline which has being flying into the USVI for 60 years decides that its no longer worth it another airline with no real interest in the market is going to be very skeptical about jumping in.

Best of luck with the CARICOM visa waiver though with Trump around and the folks wanting to "Make America Great (White) Again" I doubt that it will happen. To get a US visa from an SKB NEV resident is probably US$ 1,000 and that is before buying the ticket into the US. This is the ticket to BGI, one night hotel the cost of the visa and food and transportation. So that will definitely jump start visits to the USVI again.

Sadly some families will be totally torn apart. Many of these migrants are now ageing and cannot use carriers like Hummingbird with their tiny planes bouncing through the clouds. Others aren't going to shell out the $700 required. Not when their closest kin are now in the USA and not in the OECS.

guyanam

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:01 am

baje427 wrote:
Yes several Barbadians leave Miami to go Saw Grass Mills which is located in FLL.

AEROFAN wrote:
windian425 wrote:

I think that they can as there are now more seats from NAS to FLL than to MIA. And that is without factoring that many MIA bound passengers are in-transit to other places on AA.

guyanam

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 am

303dk wrote:

No shock.

dominicl316

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 am

guyanam wrote:
303dk wrote:

No shock.

Their press release states their are switching to a different management and must shut down the airline until the transition is finalized.

303dk

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

dominicl316 wrote:
guyanam wrote:
303dk wrote:

No shock.

Their press release states their are switching to a different management and must shut down the airline until the transition is finalized.

It says "negotiating with new management" and it sounds like a farewell letter.

guyanam

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm

303dk wrote:
dominicl316 wrote:
guyanam wrote:

No shock.

It says "negotiating with new management" and it sounds like a farewell letter.

I guess the answer will be who in the USVI will be interested in buying an airline with a possibly not too good reputation. The owner may be trying to sell it. The question is who is buying.

A388

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 pm

guyanam wrote:
A388 wrote:

A388

No surprise given that a reconstituted Insel will be a much smaller airline. It will take a long time to recover business lost as their competitors have capitalized on their performance failures and severely damaged reputation.

If MIA CUR depends highly on the Venezuela market then Insel is in deep trouble as they cannot rely on this market going forward. PAWA will have taken away much of the market into SDQ from CUR and SXM, as these are mainly Dominicans. PY can snag the PBM/POS CUR markets. I think that the AUA base is gone. PTY has probably taken away much of the CUR hub business. Not much left.

You're right guyanam. Insel Air will have a very tough time regaining business. The Venezuelan market is dead and that was the most important market for them. I don't know where they want to expand to without Venezuela as competition is very tough on them.

Regarding the hub function, CUR never was in competition with PTY and PTY never was in competition with CUR. They both serve different markets outside the few destinations within the Caribbean of the past few years. Insel Air has a different passenger that looks for cheaper fares because Copa is quite expensive in my experience. At least here in CUR people few them as expensive. PAWA is the cheaper airline and I think they will be profiting the most of the markets Insel Air left now. They fall in the same category as Insel Air but with better reliability in my opinion.

To be honest I think Insel Air is better off to go bankrupt and restart with a new name because their name has now been so damaged I don't think many people will fly with them anymore. There are quite a few videos of very angry (and fighting) passengers who were stranded because of Insel Air so I don't know how they can recover from that image. As I said, very sad.

A388

guyanam

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 pm

A388 wrote:
[To be honest I think Insel Air is better off to go bankrupt and restart with a new name because their name has now been so damaged I don't think many people will fly with them anymore. There are quite a few videos of very angry (and fighting) passengers who were stranded because of Insel Air so I don't know how they can recover from that image. As I said, very sad.

A388

And of course when employees (or former employees I guess) are attacking their supervisors it isn't good. Even worse in fact as I would think that customer service standards must be truly abysmal with existing employees most likely fearing that they too risk the sack.

PTY and CUR competed for passengers traveling from SDQ/PAP/HAV and to a lesser degree KIN to points like POS/PBM/GEO. With no Venezuela market those points start to become more important. Of course these markets are way smaller than the Venezuela market once was, hence why I think that Insel will be a much smaller airline going forward. From AUA CUR and SXM PAWA has done serious damage.

While CM is more expensive at some point being cheaper isn't enough.

Real pity though as CUR was important as a hub even from the ALM days. That used to be the only way to MIA and KIN from GEO and PBM.

A388

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Guyanam, you're right PTY and CUR did compete for those markets but not as a hub but as destinations for shopping tourism or tourism in general maybe. They weren't competing for connecting traffic. Bogota is a competitor they focus on as that is a bigger thread. CUR is so much smaller. I do believe that the hub function at the time of ALM was bigger and more important at the time.

I agree with you that PAWA is taking away almost the entire market that Insel Air used to have.

A388

guyanam

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 am

A388 wrote:
Guyanam, you're right PTY and CUR did compete for those markets but not as a hub but as destinations for shopping tourism or tourism in general maybe. They weren't competing for connecting traffic. Bogota is a competitor they focus on as that is a bigger thread. CUR is so much smaller. I do believe that the hub function at the time of ALM was bigger and more important at the time.

I agree with you that PAWA is taking away almost the entire market that Insel Air used to have.

A388

ALM would have done more connections as Venezuela was on tap, but now gone. But for POS and GEO there is some competition between the two hubs for the destinations named. Admittedly quite small.

AEROFAN

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:19 am

baje427 wrote:

AEROFAN wrote:
windian425 wrote:

AH OK. Thanks for the information

embraer175e2

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 pm

A388 wrote:
guyanam wrote:
A388 wrote:

A388

You're right guyanam. Insel Air will have a very tough time regaining business. The Venezuelan market is dead and that was the most important market for them. I don't know where they want to expand to without Venezuela as competition is very tough on them.

Regarding the hub function, CUR never was in competition with PTY and PTY never was in competition with CUR. They both serve different markets outside the few destinations within the Caribbean of the past few years. Insel Air has a different passenger that looks for cheaper fares because Copa is quite expensive in my experience. At least here in CUR people few them as expensive. PAWA is the cheaper airline and I think they will be profiting the most of the markets Insel Air left now. They fall in the same category as Insel Air but with better reliability in my opinion.

To be honest I think Insel Air is better off to go bankrupt and restart with a new name because their name has now been so damaged I don't think many people will fly with them anymore. There are quite a few videos of very angry (and fighting) passengers who were stranded because of Insel Air so I don't know how they can recover from that image. As I said, very sad.

A388

We also need competition. Hope the new government signs off DAE .Ramiz wants a comeback.

embraer175e2

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 pm

BonaireFly wrote:
A388 wrote:
I just wish Air Antilles or Air Caraibes would consider Curacao but I don't see that happening as there's no historical or cultural tie between the French Antilles and Curacao. I think tourist demand is also practically nothing :(

A388

Air Antilles in partnership with Winair did fly SXM-SDQ-CUR but for some that didn't work out. Maybe they could try again now that Insel is in a weaker position. They could also fly SXM-CUR directly with the ATR's like DAE had done before getting their Fokker jets.It all depends on aircraft availability and their willingness to invest in the routes.

Soon we will see pawa doing these legs with crj200.

BWCXSQ

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm

What about Trinidad for the Mint Service?

embraer175e2

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAWA_Dominicana

Pawa is ordering 3 airbus320 to replace its md82/3. Anybody knows that logic behind the only 1 md87 order?

TriniA340

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:02 am

BWCXSQ wrote:

My thoughts exactly....I wonder why B6 hasn't tried out a mint svc on the 1817 flight (JFK-POS).

Dominican Republic aviation update #2:

Sky High Aviation Services to open St. Lucia service from SDQ with 1 weekly flight from March 9, operated aboard its Beech 1900D. Already this airline operates 3 weekly flights to Dominica, 1 to Antigua and 2 to Tortola.

SAP Air, a regional DR airline, to launch weekly service to Anguilla from march 9 on their 19-seater BAe Jetstream 32 aircraft. The airline is currently operating the SDQ-EIS route with 2 weekly flights aboard its Shorts 360 and continues its traditional charter services on crew transfers around the Caribbean. They are planning to add flights to SKB and ANU in the near future.

Ranking of the DR airports for 2016: PUJ leading in the country and #2 in the Caribbean with almost 7 million pax for this year. PUJ is projected to rise to 7.6 million, followed by SDQ with 3.7 and STI with 1.4. DR is the busiest country in the Caribbean with over 13 million pax for the year.

baje427

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 am

Has B6 ever operated the A321 to POS? SDQ-EIS that is still a bit of a haul on the Shorts 360.

TriniA340 wrote:
BWCXSQ wrote:

My thoughts exactly....I wonder why B6 hasn't tried out a mint svc on the 1817 flight (JFK-POS).

Dominican Republic aviation update #2:

Sky High Aviation Services to open St. Lucia service from SDQ with 1 weekly flight from March 9, operated aboard its Beech 1900D. Already this airline operates 3 weekly flights to Dominica, 1 to Antigua and 2 to Tortola.

SAP Air, a regional DR airline, to launch weekly service to Anguilla from march 9 on their 19-seater BAe Jetstream 32 aircraft. The airline is currently operating the SDQ-EIS route with 2 weekly flights aboard its Shorts 360 and continues its traditional charter services on crew transfers around the Caribbean. They are planning to add flights to SKB and ANU in the near future.

Ranking of the DR airports for 2016: PUJ leading in the country and #2 in the Caribbean with almost 7 million pax for this year. PUJ is projected to rise to 7.6 million, followed by SDQ with 3.7 and STI with 1.4. DR is the busiest country in the Caribbean with over 13 million pax for the year.

windian425

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:21 am

Looks like B6 has added daily BGI- FLL flights for the summer peak period in August.

Rage

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 am

I was reading on another topic regarding the Trump Administration's budget calling for the end of EAS routes (be warned, the topic has gone completely off the rails) and noticed an article posted in the topic that states Southern Airways Express is purchasing Seaborne Airlines.

georgiabill

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Does anyone know if these A320'S are new or used? If new will they be NEO or CEO? Any idea when they will start taking them?

embraer175e2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

c
georgiabill wrote:
Does anyone know if these A320'S are new or used? If new will they be NEO or CEO? Any idea when they will start taking them?

No way pawa could afford brand new a320's.

embraer175e2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 pm

georgiabill wrote:

Aruba airlines is leasing A320's to Pawa. Just read this on facebook.

casspi

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Any spotters in Trinidad?

A388

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 pm

casspi, there's one spotter I've emailed before in the past. His name is Nigel Steele. I think it's best you approach him via the contact option on this website or the jetphotos website.

A388

TriniA340

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 pm

georgiabill wrote:

Posted about this on page 2, they'll be from Aruba Air.

casspi wrote:
Any spotters in Trinidad?

ARE there any spotters in Trinidad??!! Wow, have you checked FB? There are LOTS!!! :) You can check out:

Groups -
www.facebook.com/groups/caribbeanairlines/
www.facebook.com/groups/ttaviation/
www.facebook.com/groups/388747901145388/

Individual Spotters -
www.facebook.com/valrplanespotting/
www.facebook.com/jetstreamtt/

embraer175e2

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 am

http://awemainta.com/si-situacion-na-in ... -ta-mihor/

Situation of Aruba Airlines.management people being fired at Aruba Airlines. Pawa owner someone garcia wants his influence in Aruba Airlines.

guyanam

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Well it appears as if Antiguans living in the USVI will have to kiss their relatives good bye. Effective June LI will be dropping ANU SJU which means that some one flying between these islands will have to fly to SKB and then get Seaborne to SJU and then get either Seaborne or Cape the rest of the way. They probably will pay the same fare as they would with 2 trips to MIA. In the meantime EIS BGI will increase to 4X weekly.

baje427

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Well I guess the cuts had to come at some point at Liat I expect fleet reductions when Argyle gets scheduled UK and US airlift.

AEROFAN

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:52 pm

BonaireFly wrote:

Aruba Airlines is banned from flying in Curacao airspace.
Aruba Airlines has been banned from flying in Curacao airspace by the Dutch Caribbean Air Navigation Service Provider (DCANSP) since March 14th 2017 due to lack of payments. This is not the first time that it happens, in the past, the situation was quickly resolved by the airline providing the payments. Though so far it is not known how long the troubled airline has been accumulating the debts, nor how much they currently owe DCANSP.
Apparently, a ban has been placed on 5 specific aircraft and any other that the airline may operate. Though currently, the airline has only an Airbus A319 and an A320 in active operation.

This one has only been picked up by local media so far.
http://www.noticiacla.com/news/9013

Insel Air International lays off 250 employees
Today Insel Air International announced that it is laying off 250 employees, including reportedly a manager in the airline. The outraged employees were at Hato International Airport earlier today before moving to the airline's headquarters where apparently a manager was physically assaulted by one of the employees. Apparently, the reason for the outrage was because the airline has made cuts only locally and decided to keep all international employees. It now not yet clear if this is true. Previously it was promised that the airline would try to limit job cuts and would instead offer reduced working hours.

Insel Air has also withdrawn from UATP

AEROFAN

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:54 pm

windian425 wrote:
Looks like B6 has added daily BGI- FLL flights for the summer peak period in August.

It has also adjusted some flight times. I am flying B6 from Barbados to Washington DC in May with a connection in FLL. I couldn't do this before.
Yippe!!!

windian425

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Sounds good Aerofan... Hopefully you are not the only one...

LimaFoxTango

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 am

guyanam wrote:
Well it appears as if Antiguans living in the USVI will have to kiss their relatives good bye. Effective June LI will be dropping ANU SJU which means that some one flying between these islands will have to fly to SKB and then get Seaborne to SJU and then get either Seaborne or Cape the rest of the way. They probably will pay the same fare as they would with 2 trips to MIA. In the meantime EIS BGI will increase to 4X weekly.

Not quite. It appears LI will be operating 3w to SJU operating BGI-DOM-SJU-DOM-BGI. One can still catch the morning ANU-DOM and evening return DOM-ANU to get to SJU. But point noted, it now sucks to get to SJU.

A388

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 am

Can't one also go from ANU to SJU via SXM? Meaning ANU-SXM on LIAT and SXM-SJU on Seaborne?

A388

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos