Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airbazar

Re: Boston Aviation - Part 13

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:51 pm

iyerhari wrote:
Updated on DL website: http://news.delta.com/delta-builds-posi ... ier-boston

Hopefully soon: PHL, DCA, SDF, ORD to start with. :) This should hopefully tied the reduced numbers from EK especially and able to get past MSP this calendar year.

All we need is 1 or 2 Asian destinations. ICN anyone? :)

mikegigs

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 pm

iyerhari wrote:

Hopefully soon: PHL, DCA, SDF, ORD to start with. :) This should hopefully tied the reduced numbers from EK especially and able to get past MSP this calendar year.

This is 100% biased fanboy-ing, but I'm super excited for this expansion. I've been hoping for a real DL expansion for a long time now. It's good for the city too - even if you don't like DL, heavier competition will be better as it will hopefully drive prices down on some routes.

Now I'm hoping for a CBP facility in A and to see more widebodies, but that dream is far from reality :pray:

iyerhari

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 pm

As per the OAG website: http://www.departedflights.com/DLBOShub.html it looked interesting that DL used to fly to so many destinations. I do not know if this was consolidated including NW but some of the destinations looked pretty neat. I couldn't believe there were flights from BOS to MHT, PVD, BDL, BDR (did not even know there is commercial airport there ;)).

iyerhari

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 pm

airbazar wrote:
iyerhari wrote:

How about BOM? I know it's a longshot considering even ATL doesn't have a direct flight in India. But if we can have a dream list, why not we say somewhere in India? ;)

VS4ever

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 am

well this is interesting on top of the other DL news.
BOS-MSP on a Delta One 752 6x weekly from 1/3/18

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... t-in-1q18/

and this HAS to be a fill a schedule gap route right? not BOS, but seems a little crazy..

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-s17/

B752OS

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:43 am

mikegigs wrote:
iyerhari wrote:

This is 100% biased fanboy-ing, but I'm super excited for this expansion. I've been hoping for a real DL expansion for a long time now. It's good for the city too - even if you don't like DL, heavier competition will be better as it will hopefully drive prices down on some routes.

Now I'm hoping for a CBP facility in A and to see more widebodies, but that dream is far from reality :pray:

Without physically expanding Terminal A, how could Massport add CBP facilities in there?

tjerome

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:40 am

N717TW wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
N717TW wrote:

That's going to be a lot of turns per gate; I'm not sure Terminal A can handle 150 departures unless there are going to be a lot of small RJs. DL has been really increasing the size of the operation. Back in '07 when DL was last running around 100 flights, at least two-fifths of the flights were on 50-seaters and the old gates 10-11-12 were actually 7 separate hard-stands with zero European departures.

Well once WN vacate their 5 gates, that leaves Delta with 20 gates if they manage to snag the remaining gate back from WS, that leaves them with the full compliment of 21. (goes up to A22, but no A12 currently). if you use the WN model of turns that would allow up to 210 departures a day even a few more as i've seen WN use 3 of their gates 11 times a day. But with the widebody departures clearly that's not going to be possible. so let's say you knock 4 gates down to 5 a day to allow for the widebodies (this is just a theory, I am sure we could figure out the actual), so that's 20 less departures. then assume DL will have a longer turn time than WN usually does, and say an average of 8 in the rest of the gates - 17 * 8 = 136 plus the 20 at the remaining 4 = 156. So theoretically doable, but boy is that area going to be busy with that amount of movements coming in and out, roughly 113,000 movements per annum at that level.

While DL can clearly do 8 or even 9 turns per gate (heck they are doing 10+ at LAX right now) the scheduling flow in BOS is what really makes that hard. BOS, with its location at the corner of the country, creates a lot of departure demand between 6-9 am and from 3-7pm. With the exception of the Shuttle and ATL/DTW/MSP, there aren't many DL flights between 9 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon and almost zero domestic departures after 7pm. Plus B6 and UA/AA are pretty similar ghost towns in the middle of the day (B6 with their leisure focus and willingness to connect traffic from the northeast over BOS is slightly busier). Unless DL is going to reenter the PHL, BWI and DC bloodbaths (and using scarce DCA slots for BOS wouldn't be a great idea unless they walk into new slots) there probably won't be a lot of demand for mid-day flights. That means a really busy ramp in the morning and afternoon...and the SkyClubs are going to be out of control (they are already standing room only around 5 pm).

It is actually busy from 1:30pm-3pm with essentially every domestic mainline daily route (other than SLC/LAX/SEA) not going out during that time. During that rush you have 2 flights to ATL, JFK, LGA; along with 1 to DTW, MSP, RIC, RDU, CMH. It is also busy from 5pm-8pm, this upcoming summer it will be busier than ever with SFO, SEA added along with 3 ATL flights, 1 or 2 to DTW/MSP/JFK, hourly LGA, LAX, SLC. And don't forget about the Europe flights.

I'm not surprised they're adding more flights, I'm just surprised to see some of those destinations and to see it this soon. They will need the full use of the terminal soon.

tlecam

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 pm

According to The Twitter, UA is going to all lay flats on BOS-SFO starting in June. All flights will be 757 (reminds me of 2005/2006!) and 772.

So with B6 Mint, DeltaOne, that leaves Virgin America as the only carrier without a lay flat product up front.

The UA aircraft are a mix of international products and PS products. Total seat capacity is down 3% with the switch.

LH423

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

VS4ever wrote:

Without looking into it, my guess is this is where one of the Delta One 757s for the SFO service is getting rotated in.

LH423

airbazar

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:45 pm

iyerhari wrote:
airbazar wrote:

How about BOM? I know it's a longshot considering even ATL doesn't have a direct flight in India. But if we can have a dream list, why not we say somewhere in India? ;)

That would require rotating a 772 through BOS which I don't think DL would be able/willing to do. However, rotating an A332 or 763ER through BOS and send it to ICN/PEK/NRT should be doable. Whether DL wants to do it or not is a different story :)

tlecam

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 pm

LH423 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Without looking into it, my guess is this is where one of the Delta One 757s for the SFO service is getting rotated in.

LH423

DL809 BOS0545 – 0813MSP 75W x7
DL995 MSP1005 – 1350BOS 75W x7

It could be. The red eye back from SFO currently arrives in BOS at 5:45. I'm sure they aren't done tweaking the schedules yet.

What is interesting is that the evening flight doesn't depart until after 5PM, so that plane would sit for a few hours.

uconn99

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:54 am

iyerhari wrote:
As per the OAG website: http://www.departedflights.com/DLBOShub.html it looked interesting that DL used to fly to so many destinations. I do not know if this was consolidated including NW but some of the destinations looked pretty neat. I couldn't believe there were flights from BOS to MHT, PVD, BDL, BDR (did not even know there is commercial airport there ;)).

The flight from BDL was BDL-BOS-BDA on a L1011 if I'm not mistaken.

BDR no longer has commercial air service.

qf789

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 am

LH423 wrote:
Heard a rumor that another carrier at Boston will be bringing the 787. Not a new carrier, just an equipment switch later this year.

That leaves us with Air France. Aside from one additional economy seat AF's 789s have essentially the same seat composition as the A340s. It makes perfect sense should AF decide to replace the Airbus on the second summer flight or even swap out the 772 next winter. Granted current schedules show the later flight operated by a 332, which has a larger business cabin, though it's possible they may be seeing advance premium bookings flagging a bit over previous years.

AF confirmed to send 789 to BOS from 29 Oct 17

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... es-in-w17/

iyerhari

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:07 pm

My father took the am EK flight to Logan from DXB. My father indicated economy was approx. 85% full - but business was quite empty. He landed at 8:32 am and finished his immigrations and customs in flat 15 mins on a tourist visa. He was out and I was still languishing at Storrow drive peak hour traffic. I however did get a call from EK that his return trip morning flight has been rescheduled due to the am flight being canceled. I looked through the arrivals board - afternoon from 2:30 pm onwards until I think 6:30 pm looks to be extremely busy. After that it slowly tapers down until approx. 8:30 pm.

airbazar

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 pm

iyerhari wrote:
My father took the am EK flight to Logan from DXB. My father indicated economy was approx. 85% full - but business was quite empty.

Not surprising. As I've been saying all along, EK and QR have some the most expensive J fares. And now with the electronics ban, no business traveler in their right mind will check their work laptop for the privilege of paying more to fly EK. I bet QR is suffering from more of the same.

mikegigs

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:11 am

On the topic of the Delta expansion, I was at Logan today around 4:30 and was dropping off a friend for a WN flight at Terminal A and noticed that all but one (that I could see) of DL's gates were filled at one point. A11 was the only gate not filled (though to be honest, I couldn't quiet see A7). A1 was filled by a WS flight and A15 was blocked by the first daily AMS flight. They are gonna need the WN gates soon if they will be adding more flights.

Check in was a zoo too. But I'd rather see the airport packed than empty! ;)

Also, I think I remember that back when BA started A380 flights, people wanted pictures of the plane at the gate (though this could just be my imagination). Anyway, here are a couple (albeit crappy) photos of BA's A380 flight today.

adamh8297

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 pm

airbazar wrote:
iyerhari wrote:
My father took the am EK flight to Logan from DXB. My father indicated economy was approx. 85% full - but business was quite empty.

Not surprising. As I've been saying all along, EK and QR have some the most expensive J fares. And now with the electronics ban, no business traveler in their right mind will check their work laptop for the privilege of paying more to fly EK. I bet QR is suffering from more of the same.

Also - is the 2:30am DXB departure more/less desirable for business traffic??? Using DEL as a final destination it seems like it may be more (leave DEL at 9pm for 2:30 am DXB-BOS flight or 4:15am for the 8:40 DXB-BOS)

I thinking having QR in BOS doesn't make life easy for EK - Laptop ban or no laptop ban. Though they are put together by some lobbyists with EY as this evil troika, they compete and QR has extremely low BOS-DOH-DXB fares as well.

iyerhari

Mon May 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Article provides insights on DL's planned expansion to PBI, RSW

aviationtribune.com/airlines/north-america/delta-adds-flights-new-destinations-boston

aaflyer777

Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Looks like SAS will be using the A330 3x a week on BOS-CPH

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-to-fly-d ... m-october/

iyerhari

Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Globe article on Delta's position to reclaim all of Terminal A for themselves. We all knew about Southwest leaving but interestingly even WestJet is also planned to be shunted out to another home at Logan.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/tal ... story.html

I checked the DL news website that we mentioned in the past - and I see MYR listed. I checked Wiki and I didn't know that MYR was a seasonal destination from BOS. Any ideas?

VS4ever

Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:

Interesting, upping the ante against the 1x weekly DY flight... I am glad SAS see this as an expansion market, I was concerned that they might drop it having only run the Pivatair 737 at 70% loads. But this is a reinforcement of the route, so bring it on, it will also soften the blow of EK a little. Wonder if DY will respond, although their only option will be a later slot as their current slot is full with LGW,OSL and CPH

aaflyer777

Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 am

iyerhari wrote:
Globe article on Delta's position to reclaim all of Terminal A for themselves. We all knew about Southwest leaving but interestingly even WestJet is also planned to be shunted out to another home at Logan.

I checked the DL news website that we mentioned in the past - and I see MYR listed. I checked Wiki and I didn't know that MYR was a seasonal destination from BOS. Any ideas?

I belive MYR was launched two or three years ago when DL expanded BOS as retaliation against B6 adding BOS-DTW. From what I recall its Saturday only during the winter months on a CRJ-900 but I'm not sure if they're still running it.

fastmover

Wed May 03, 2017 12:37 am

iyerhari wrote:

"Tenacity and patience"(yeah right it's really the fact that this is a great way to block JetBlue since now BOS is their highest margin airport.
"A company can navigate the turbulence of bankruptcy and still soar on the other side"

Did the Delta PR people pay him to put that in there.

adamh8297

Wed May 03, 2017 12:26 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Wonder if DY will respond, although their only option will be a later slot as their current slot is full with LGW,OSL and CPH

Wait until 2018 for that! I think they should drop the single flight and add to LGW or OSL and use a later arrival/departure for ARN/BCN and either CDG or FCO.

AZ's fate may make for some interesting scenarios for S18 in BOS.

clrd4t8koff

Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:

Nice to see the upgrade, but it's unfortunate that it's being reduced to 3x weekly in the winter and I believe I read in another thread it will only be 4x weekly in summer (vs. daily now).

VS4ever

Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:

Nice to see the upgrade, but it's unfortunate that it's being reduced to 3x weekly in the winter and I believe I read in another thread it will only be 4x weekly in summer (vs. daily now).

Not sure it's ready for daily at 330 pax levels. I think they are being smart about it. While Daily is awesome it doesn't always work that way and I believe the 330 is being shared with other routes so not surprised it isn't.
However that said if indeed they are going 4x weekly that does open up the slot (and yes I known BOS isn't slot controlled) so let's call it opening up a gate for 3x weekly for someone else. Perhaps DY could steal it. Move their OSL and CPH flights and allow expansion of LGW which needs it from the loads they have been getting.

tysmith95

Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm

VS4ever wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:

Not sure it's ready for daily at 330 pax levels. I think they are being smart about it. While Daily is awesome it doesn't always work that way and I believe the 330 is being shared with other routes so not surprised it isn't.
However that said if indeed they are going 4x weekly that does open up the slot (and yes I known BOS isn't slot controlled) so let's call it opening up a gate for 3x weekly for someone else. Perhaps DY could steal it. Move their OSL and CPH flights and allow expansion of LGW which needs it from the loads they have been getting.

SAS could capitalize and take away some of the middle east connecting traffic, although the high Scandinavian labour costs would make that challenging.

adamh8297

Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 pm

tysmith95 wrote:

SAS could capitalize and take away some of the middle east connecting traffic, although the high Scandinavian labour costs would make that challenging.

Exactly what destinations are you referring to? - From CPH - SK doesn't fly to many points outside of Europe and North America (PEK and NRT) and Star partners could only get you 1-stop to CAI, SIN BKK and thats if the schedule even works for those. I'd work on European connections first if I were SK - they are not that great either.

tysmith95

Thu May 04, 2017 4:37 am

adamh8297 wrote:
tysmith95 wrote:

Exactly what destinations are you referring to? - From CPH - SK doesn't fly to many points outside of Europe and North America (PEK and NRT) and Star partners could only get you 1-stop to CAI, SIN BKK and thats if the schedule even works for those. I'd work on European connections first if I were SK - they are not that great either.

My bad. I was thinking of CPH's location and not looking at SK's route map. I guess SK would be good for connecting traffic to Russia or Eastern Europe although that market would be small. It would offer good connections to ARN or HEL though.

33lspotter

Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Saw news that said 4R/22L will be closed from May 15 for approximately 1 1/2 months: http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aerospace/2017-04-17/projects-will-temporarily-close-boston-logan-runway

Obviously this won't have much of an effect on which runways are used when the winds are out of the west:

NW – Smaller and larger aircraft generally arrive 27 and 33L, respectively, and depart 33L (although I have seen both heavy 27 arrivals and departures).
SW – Even with 22L closed, aircraft can land 27 and depart 22R. 22R cannot be used for jet arrivals (nor 4L for jet departures) IIRC.

However, I am curious to see what will happen when the airport is on easterly operations.

NE – Departures can still go off of 9, but obviously arrivals will be affected. Perhaps the visual to 4L could be used during good weather.
SE – Given the reluctance to use 15R for arrivals unless absolutely necessary due to the offset localizer, I have seen a number of 4R arrivals even when the winds are out of the southeast. I am guessing the arrivals alternative to 4R during the closure might be to use 15R, but am not sure.

Do we foresee an increase in 15R arrivals during this time? More 27/33L use? 4L visual approaches? I've lived here full-time for almost three years and can count on two hands the number of times I've observed 15R arrivals, but there may be no other choice.

GolfBravoRomeo

Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 pm

33lspotter wrote:
NE – Departures can still go off of 9, but obviously arrivals will be affected. Perhaps the visual to 4L could be used during good weather.

"the FAA proposes to establish two temporary approach procedures: an Area Navigation (RNAV) approach to RWY 4 Left (4L) and a “side-step” maneuver to the RNAV approach for RWY 4R." https://www.faa.gov/airports/new_englan ... 170327.pdf

ETA: they are already published.

VS4ever

Fri May 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Massport publish Runway usage monthly, showing JET (so no Cape Air for example) movements per runway direction, latest info is up to March 2017 and last 3 years.... should give you some ideas of what might happen and what does happen..

http://www.massport.com/media/429625/Ma ... or-Web.pdf

rob2507

Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm

33lspotter wrote:
I've lived here full-time for almost three years and can count on two hands the number of times I've observed 15R arrivals, but there may be no other choice.

Funny you mention that, was just looking at FR24 and 15R ops are happening right now.

phugoid1982

Sun May 07, 2017 1:19 am

rob2507 wrote:
33lspotter wrote:
I've lived here full-time for almost three years and can count on two hands the number of times I've observed 15R arrivals, but there may be no other choice.

Funny you mention that, was just looking at FR24 and 15R ops are happening right now.

Lol. I've been thinking the same thing. Been for here for 4 years and spotting from Castle Island have only seen 15R used once for landing.

However, I do wonder how this will affect A380 and 747 ops on NE-SW wind days exceeding crosswind limits on 15R/33L which is the only other runway I imagine the A380 can land on. 22R is out for jets as you said and 27 is only 7000 ft and 4L is 7800 ft which is still short. Are the taxiways on 4L capable of dealing with the Whalejet?

Also, funny thing when I spot at Constitution beach on days where arrivals are on 22L even with light crosswind I almost always observe Aer Lingus 330 early afternoon arrival from DUB using 27. Always found it curious they would use the short runway.

phugoid1982

Sun May 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Oops. Just read the full FAA document addressing the new approaches as well as the A380 which clearly can't use 4L either so it is only 15R/33L. I guess the likelihood of the 40 kt crosswind limit being exceeded during the 22L/4R maintenance period on 15R/33L is low enough that a few diversions can be considered acceptable.

tlecam

Sun May 07, 2017 9:43 pm

I follow a BA captain on twitter who flies the A380. He recently flew to BOS. When asked for his thoughts he said it was great a;though the airport felt a little tight - like it wasn't designed for aircraft with that wingspan.

I wanted to tell him to try driving in Beacon Hill or Charlestown.

VS4ever

Sun May 07, 2017 11:39 pm

tlecam wrote:
I follow a BA captain on twitter who flies the A380. He recently flew to BOS. When asked for his thoughts he said it was great a;though the airport felt a little tight - like it wasn't designed for aircraft with that wingspan.

I wanted to tell him to try driving in Beacon Hill or Charlestown.

No ***t it's tight down there, should have added the North End to that little list! He's right of course, BOS isn't designed for it, but like many other airports they make it work with what they have. I saw the 380 sitting at E12 tonight after I dropped my parents off for their flight EI136 to Dublin. Looked mighty impressive sitting next to the terminal I must say.

airbazar

Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am

VS4ever wrote:
No ***t it's tight down there, should have added the North End to that little list! He's right of course, BOS isn't designed for it, but like many other airports they make it work with what they have. I saw the 380 sitting at E12 tonight after I dropped my parents off for their flight EI136 to Dublin. Looked mighty impressive sitting next to the terminal I must say.

Funny you mention that. I was at Logan too, dropping off family and saw the A380 at the gate and the first thing that came to my head was: Wow that terminal addition is huge. It makes the A380 look like a "normal" size airplane :)

hinckley

Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm

airbazar wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Funny you mention that. I was at Logan too, dropping off family and saw the A380 at the gate and the first thing that came to my head was: Wow that terminal addition is huge. It makes the A380 look like a "normal" size airplane :)

It was a busy night at BOS for a.nutters. I dropped some relatives off and saw the BA 388 for the first time as well. It did look beautiful there. And a couple of hours before, we were at the Seaport when the LH 748 came screaming and banking overhead. It was quite a spectacular sight at that low level.

rnav2dlrey

Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 pm

hinckley wrote:
It was a busy night at BOS for a.nutters. I dropped some relatives off and saw the BA 388 for the first time as well. It did look beautiful there. And a couple of hours before, we were at the Seaport when the LH 748 came screaming and banking overhead. It was quite a spectacular sight at that low level.

not to mention that a certain VVIP flew in to pick up his profile in courage award from the JFK library.

hinckley

Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 pm

rnav2dlrey wrote:
hinckley wrote:

not to mention that a certain VVIP flew in to pick up his profile in courage award from the JFK library.

I didn't know that guy was an a.nutter too! :D

chrisnh

Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Is all that upcoming Norwegian service from Providence now in jeopardy with word that Boeing has halted 737MAX flights due to turbine cracks?

pitbosflyer

Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 pm

This might not actually happen, but Boeing is saying they still plan on beginning deliveries in May.

B752OS

Wed May 10, 2017 9:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1362733

Over on this thread someone pointed out some things discussed by JetBlue's Network Planning Head. The article is here: http://www.aviationpros.com/article/122 ... ue-airways

He believes that next year JetBlue will be adding 4 cities to its network - any guess as to where they might be?
He also says BOS-LGA has been fantastic.

LH423

Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

The S4 flight from Lisbon tonight has been rerouted via OPO tonight. It doesn't look like a diversion based on its FR24 path. Should TP run them off the LIS route, maybe they can redeploy the plane to a 1-2x/wk OPO flight. Granted they already fly OPO-PVD seasonally.

LH423

adamh8297

Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 pm

LH423 wrote:
The S4 flight from Lisbon tonight has been rerouted via OPO tonight. It doesn't look like a diversion based on its FR24 path. Should TP run them off the LIS route, maybe they can redeploy the plane to a 1-2x/wk OPO flight. Granted they already fly OPO-PVD seasonallyfuel.

LH423

Fuel system issue in LIS

LH423

Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm

The S4 flight from Lisbon tonight has been rerouted via OPO tonight. It doesn't look like a diversion based on its FR24 path. Should TP run them off the LIS route, maybe they can redeploy the plane to a 1-2x/wk OPO flight. Granted they already fly OPO-PVD seasonally.

LH423

VS4ever

Sat May 13, 2017 4:48 am

Well folks T-100's are out again this time for Nov 16 and as usual i have compiled the capacity %'s for the month. Outside of this, for those who look at the website I apologize for the severe lack of updates, due to a number of personal issues, I have not been able to carve out the time to update. As soon as things calm down, i will start uploading again.

For now, here are the numbers

Asia
BOS-HKG - 91.1% (81.0%)
BOS-NRT - 79.7% (80.6%)
BOS-PEK - 67.4% (72.6%)
BOS-PVG - 75.7% (65.3%)

Caribbean
BOS-AUA - 85.6% (89%)
BOS-BDA (B6) - (not flown) (78.7%)
BOS-BDA (DL) - 82.7% (not flown)
BOS-BGI - 66.8% (86.3%) - 20% drop YOY, not good.
BOS-FDF - 54.7% (maybe one of the reasons this isn't coming back, not flown)
BOS-GCM - 70.4% (80.5%)
BOS-MBJ - 90.2% (85.9%)
BOS-NAS - 66.4% (75.2%)
BOS-PLS - 83.4% (not flown or i didn't capture it)
BOS-POP - 85.2% (76.6%)
BOS-PTP - 53.0% (not flown, another reason why this isn't coming back)
BOS-PUJ (B6) - 90.7% (79.3%)
BOS-SDQ - 88.0% (78.1%)
BOS-SJU - 84.7% (88.6%)
BOS-STI - 84.8% (87.5%)
BOS-STT - 77.9% (80.5%)
BOS-SXM - 87.1% (85.9%) - plenty of Maho Beach spotters still!
BOS-UVF - 72.3% (76.1%)

Canada
BOS-YHZ (QK) - 73.1% (60%)
BOS-YHZ (WS) - 74.2% (new route)
BOS-YOW - 47.4% (48.5%)
BOS-YTZ - 69.5% (52.2%)
BOS-YUL - 60.7% (49.2%)
BOS-YYZ (AC) - 71.8% (54.1%)
BOS-YYZ (RS) - 69.8% (69.3%)
BOS-YYZ (WS) - 61.4% (new route)

Central America
BOS-CUN (AA) - 82.1% (Not flown)
BOS-CUN (B6) - 80.7% (84.4%)
BOS-CUN (DL) - 86.1% (not flown)
BOS-MEX - 76.6% (83.2%)
BOS-PTY - 81.9% (61.6%)

Europe
BOS-AMS - 81.7% (82.4%)
BOS-CDG (AF) - 81.6% (83.6%)
BOS-CDG (DL) - 64.1% (70.2%)
BOS-CPH (SK) - 81.9% (new route)
BOS-DUB - 79% (76.6%)
BOS-FCO - 67.0% (70.3%)
BOS-FRA - 72.6% (67.3%)
BOS-KEF (FI) - 92.2% (81.2%)
BOS-KEF (WW) - 79.8% (79.5%)
BOS-LGW - 90.1% (new route)
BOS-LHR (BA) - 79.7% (79.7%)
BOS-LHR (DL) - 54.1% (48.8%)
BOS-LHR (VS) - 60.4% (61.9%)
BOS-LIS (TP) - 77.4% (new route)
BOS-MAD - 48.5% (ye gods, but only 10 R/T's) - still better than the previous year 27.8%
BOS-MUC - 76.2% (78.6%)
BOS-SNN (EI) - 69.0% (63.7%)
BOS-TER - 81.2% (not flown)
BOS-ZRH - 70.9% (73.3%)

Middle East
BOS-DOH - 66.4% (not flown) - ouch
BOS-DXB - 71.4% (55.3%) - will look good with the 1 daily next year.
BOS-IST - 62.3% (77.7%) - 15% down, ouch.
BOS-TLV - 89.0% (79.2%) - very happy about this!

ORH-FLL - 79.2% (79.2%)
ORH-MCO - 76.6% (84.5%)

adamh8297

Sat May 13, 2017 12:03 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Well folks T-100's are out again this time for Nov 16 and as usual i have compiled the capacity %'s for the month. Outside of this, for those who look at the website I apologize for the severe lack of updates, due to a number of personal issues, I have not been able to carve out the time to update. As soon as things calm down, i will start uploading again.

No worries.. we all have other commitments!!! Overall - November is such a crapshoot..I just wouldn't use this month to show the sky is falling or not.

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-HKG - 91.1% (81.0%)

CX is doing something right that's for sure

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-BGI - 66.8% (86.3%) - 20% drop YOY, not good.
BOS-FDF - 54.7% (maybe one of the reasons this isn't coming back, not flown)
BOS-PTP - 53.0% (not flown, another reason why this isn't coming back)

So these small niche markets start in November or sometimes late October which is not peak season and the first return to BOS typically is a 25-35% full flight. This may help the airport and airline reacquaint with the operation. If these numbers are in mid-late winter - then there is a problem.

DY is a curious case - the schedule flat out stinks (evening arrival to French Caribbean and early morning depature from French Caribbean) and there's a lot of reasonably priced competition to other spots (and better known i.e. GCM + UVF) in the Caribbean due to B6. Would love to know the midweek loads versus weekend loads on these two destinations.

Not 100 percent sure its cut yet - FDF/PTP could be starting later in the season (and I would run it Dec through April if I were DY) or could be going to PVD. If cut, I feel bad for FDF and PTP because they've been putting a full-court press at recent travel shows.

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-MEX - 76.6% (83.2%)
BOS-PTY - 81.9% (61.6%)

Latin America seems to be holding up or doing better. Wish Panama would sell itself better as a tourist destination.

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-KEF (FI) - 92.2% (81.2%)
BOS-KEF (WW) - 79.8% (79.5%)

Did FI drop capacity for the month - it was only one daily. Have they done more in November in the past

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-MAD - 48.5% (ye gods, but only 10 R/T's) - still better than the previous year 27.8%

Could these be tied together? Low intro fares to the Iberian hurting IB.

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-IST - 62.3% (77.7%) - 15% down, ouch.

Down on capacity/frequency and Turkey has stayed away from headlines recently.

VS4ever wrote:
BOS-TLV - 89.0% (79.2%) - very happy about this!

Maybe we will see more frequencies once the new planes come in - only problem is that a major source of B6 feed (FLL) is getting covered by the MIA flight though I've read the diaspora in SoFla prefers a European carrier (usually LX since they offer the best connections)

airbazar

Sat May 13, 2017 5:53 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Could these be tied together? Low intro fares to the Iberian hurting IB.

[/quote]
I don't think it's the introductory fares. I think it's the fact that IB was capitalizing on the market to Portugal when there wasn't anyone flying non-stop to LIS. Now that TP is on the route, no one has to go via MAD anymore. This route would be better suited for an AA 752 in the off-season but we all know AA doesn't want to fly internationally from BOS. In general, TP is picking up traffic to southern Europe and that is noticeable in the MAD/FCO/CDG load factors.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos