Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

hinckley

Re: Boston Aviation - Part 13

Sat May 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Do we think that TP's fares are introductory or are they trying to compete with EI as a low-cost, full-service provider?

On a related note, I'm planning a Europe vacation this fall, and I'm seeing J-class fares lower than they've been in many, many years. The last time I planned this type of trip (into one city, out of another), J was around $6k. EI and TP are now offering very good connections and a great lie-flat product for around $2,600. FI's and TK's fares are even cheaper, but come with obvious trade-offs (not a real J-class for FI, and too much back-tracking for TK).

airbazar

Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm

hinckley wrote:
Do we think that TP's fares are introductory or are they trying to compete with EI as a low-cost, full-service provider?

Other than for the very first couple of months of service, TP's fares don't look any different than anyone else's. In my experience the cheapest fares to Europe from Boston can usually be had on BA, VS, and DL.

hinckley

Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm

airbazar wrote:
Other than for the very first couple of months of service, TP's fares don't look any different than anyone else's. In my experience the cheapest fares to Europe from Boston can usually be had on BA, VS, and DL.

Looking at Sep and Oct J-class fares into MUC and out of HAM or CDG (I haven't decided yet), I'm seeing EI at $2600, TP and AB at $3000, and DL, LH and BA all around $5000.

airbazar

Sun May 14, 2017 1:46 am

hinckley wrote:
airbazar wrote:

Looking at Sep and Oct J-class fares into MUC and out of HAM or CDG (I haven't decided yet), I'm seeing EI at $2600, TP and AB at $3000, and DL, LH and BA all around $5000.

Business class flying is way above my pay grade for personal travel so I have no idea what J fares are like across the Atlantic LOL
However it's insane that BA is asking $5000 for a TATL fare given that I just flew BOS-India-BOS for work, with BA, in J for $2,900.

chrisnh

Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 am

Who picks up the slack on Rome when AZ ceases...DL? Is it a 757 route?

airbazar

Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

chrisnh wrote:

In the Summer that market is pretty big. A 757 would be like throwing away money.
It's shocking to me that the 4rd largest economy in Europe can't support its own airline. Without AZ on the route (or in operation), my money is on a ME3 airline operating to BOS via FCO. Maybe we will see EY in Boston after all :)

chrisnh

Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 pm

airbazar wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

In the Summer that market is pretty big. A 757 would be like throwing away money.
It's shocking to me that the 4rd largest economy in Europe can't support its own airline. Without AZ on the route (or in operation), my money is on a ME3 airline operating to BOS via FCO. Maybe we will see EY in Boston after all :)

Especially since they have the A330 which would fill the summer gap. The 787-9 would be nice, but they only have nine of them.

adamh8297

Mon May 15, 2017 4:54 pm

chrisnh wrote:
airbazar wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

Especially since they have the A330 which would fill the summer gap. The 787-9 would be nice, but they only have nine of them.

There's so many possibilities:

DY jumps in with 3-4 weekly service
IAG launches it with LEVEL (Vueling feed on the FCO end)
DL moves seasonal DTW-FCO to BOS-FCO (get the popcorn ready while reading this site if this happens)
IG launches it with 787 (probably not daily)
ME3 as mentioned above - Is the agreement that allows DXB-MXP-JFK specific to UAE or EK? EK would be best suited for this since they have recognition in BOS and B6 feed and closer partnership (i.e. B6 flyers could earn points on a theoretical EK BOS-FCO). Of course every one in this forum would love to see a new tail in BOS ala EY.
LH group could have EW return to BOS with an FCO flight.

iyerhari

Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 pm

We had discussed this long back and I really hope the moderators are keeping tab of this thread. We are on Pg. 11 and feel we should have our next thread continuation. Any chance DL starts BOS-MXP before FCO? Or possibly EY could do that from AUH? On the domestic front, with all the DL adds, possibly MEM could be also courting DL to start a nonstop flight?

AviationAddict

Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 pm

iyerhari wrote:
We had discussed this long back and I really hope the moderators are keeping tab of this thread. We are on Pg. 11 and feel we should have our next thread continuation.

Part of the benefit of the new site is we don't have to constantly create new threads. If there's a single post you want to go back and re-read or quote it is much easier to search through a single thread than it is to search multiple threads buried in the depths of the forum. Most of the other "continuous" topics I follow have moved to a yearly thread since the new site went live and it works great; I suggest we do the same for this thread. So in other words there would be a "Boston Aviation 2017" thread and next year we can close it and start a new 2018 thread.

tlecam

Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 pm

If Alitalia finally bites the dust, I suspect DL would run something seasonally on BOS-FCO. Not sure about MXP. I think we talked about the BOS-MXP PDEW awhile back, but I can't recall.

DL has a bunch of 339 coming - they could either use one of those, or replace a 763 on an existing route with a 3339 and put the 763 on BOS-FCO. Low J class. THey should be able to regularly get north of $1000 in the summer for coach. Right now, fares for June/July/Aug are running between 1200-1300 bucks almost every day. That's not bad.

MAH4546

Mon May 15, 2017 10:55 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
chrisnh wrote:
airbazar wrote:

DL moves seasonal DTW-FCO to BOS-FCO (get the popcorn ready while reading this site if this happens)
ME3 as mentioned above - Is the agreement that allows DXB-MXP-JFK specific to UAE or EK? EK would be best suited for this since they have recognition in BOS and B6 feed and closer partnership (i.e. B6 flyers could earn points on a theoretical EK BOS-FCO). Of course every one in this forum would love to see a new tail in BOS ala EY.

Honestly most of those are just too far out of left field.

Delta will fly BOS-FCO seasonally if AZ were to go away, IMO. And that's it.

B752OS

Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 am

adamh8297 wrote:
chrisnh wrote:
airbazar wrote:

I would imagine DL being the most likely. I could see them running it April through October at at least 4 x weekly.

adamh8297

Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

MAH4546 wrote:

Well I'll admit IG probably is and the Gulf Carriers aren't eager to expand on anything related to the US but DY has mentioned BOS-FCO as a future route.

Why not LEVEL? Too much LCC in BOS already?

aaflyer777

Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Well I'll admit IG probably is and the Gulf Carriers aren't eager to expand on anything related to the US but DY has mentioned BOS-FCO as a future route.

LEVEL is a good candidate but they don't have enough planes or a base in FCO yet. I don't think they could pull off a summer 2018 start date, DL or DY could though.

MAH4546

Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Neither Level nor Norwegian have said anything concrete about an FCO base. But, yes, absolutely if either eventually sets up in Rome, a Boston route makes sense, and unlike DL, could see them running it 1-2w in the winter, too.

AviationAddict

Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 am

Not to get too far off topic but, I hope the brass at AZ can pull off a miracle (highly doubtful) because despite all the issues with AZ over the years Terminal E just won't be the same without the Italian tail in the lineup.

MAH4546

Wed May 17, 2017 12:55 am

AviationAddict wrote:
Not to get too far off topic but, I hope the brass at AZ can pull off a miracle (highly doubtful) because despite all the issues with AZ over the years Terminal E just won't be the same without the Italian tail in the lineup.

I don't think it's doubtful. Alitalia will be flying for many years to come. It's Italy. Not going anywhere.

VS4ever

Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 am

MAH4546 wrote:
AviationAddict wrote:

I don't think it's doubtful. Alitalia will be flying for many years to come. It's Italy. Not going anywhere.

As someone said in the AZ Bankruptcy thread, don't think for a minute that the Italian government will not try to hatch a plan to save AZ (again) and somehow try to get around the EU rules of government subsidy/intervention. AZ is not technically too big to fail, but it might not be allowed to fail.

iyerhari

Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

DL BOS-DUB flight starts on 05/25 - I checked the flight is marked seasonal as per Wiki - the schedule goes until sometime end of Oct. Any idea if DL intends to keep it that way or bump up the schedule based on the actual passenger loads and yield?

mikegigs

Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Quiet week on this thread!

Like others have said before, the DL flight to DUB started last week. Was wondering if anyone had any pics or news on how it went?

N717TW

Wed May 31, 2017 2:21 am

MXP can be reached with a 757 while FCO would require a 767 or larger (or a severely weight restricted 757). And a severely weight restricted 757 into FCO would be a waste.

That said I'm not as convinced that DL would enter the market. Right now it's a no-brainer but that "no-brainer" status also relies on FCO and Milan being SkyTeam and JV hubs. But if AZ fails, it probably won't be a SkyTeam base anymore and therefore would have to live and die on DL/AF/KL's ability to sell seats. I agree that there is strong demand from BOS to FCO and a seasonal flight clearly works; MXP is less obvious. Back in the day, TWA and AZ both had non-stops from BOS in the summer. But, lets be honest, a huge percentage of FCO traffic is on Perillo Tours (and their ilk) and while Mr. Italy may love flying people to Rome he probably does't pay a whole heck of a lot.

A lot depends on what actually happens with AZ. I personally expect that AZ ends up being chopped up with a much smaller "national carrier" of Italy still existing although owned by someone else and maybe with a different name. Unless AF/KL and/or DL enter the picture to offer financing, you can kiss away any SkyTeam partnership. Without AZ feed and code-share point of sale support, a BOS-FCO route isn't as great for DL, especially if the new Italian airline flies into BOS and is aligned with AA or B6. And where would DL get the aircraft for this venture? I suppose that DL could try to take over AZ aircraft leases but thats not certain. DL could also defer retirements of 763s as new 330s enter the fleet. The more likely situation is that DL would add additional flights from NYC in a huge race against AA, UA, DY and the ME3 to fill the AZ void--assuming there isn't a "new AZ". DL would probably cede the MIA (and ORD) market to AA (and UA) and discounters while selectively adding capacity to ATL and DTW where they think they can draw network traffic. Any BOS route would be after that.

My first guess for what happens in BOS is for a "new AZ" followed by DY, Level and EK.

adamh8297

Wed May 31, 2017 10:33 am

mikegigs wrote:
Like others have said before, the DL flight to DUB started last week. Was wondering if anyone had any pics or news on how it went?

Check anna.aero this week they should show pics from inaugural routes. Nothing posted yet though.

mikegigs wrote:
Quiet week on this thread!

DY just announced FCO longhaul but no BOS yet. However, BOS-LGW is going to 5 weekly for winter.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-w17/

Also - B6 to test facial recognition software at BOS specifically on BOS-AUA
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/20 ... story.html

VS4ever

Wed May 31, 2017 11:14 am

adamh8297 wrote:
BOS-LGW is going to 5 weekly for winter.

Nice, i don't think they will have too many problems with decent loads on that. I hope this is a prelude to going daily in Summer 18, if you are going 5x weekly in winter, daily in summer should not be an issue. The question will be how they make the aircraft utilization and timings work for space in E.

Still good times...

airbazar

Wed May 31, 2017 11:36 am

N717TW wrote:
That said I'm not as convinced that DL would enter the market. Right now it's a no-brainer but that "no-brainer" status also relies on FCO and Milan being SkyTeam and JV hubs. But if AZ fails, it probably won't be a SkyTeam base anymore and therefore would have to live and die on DL/AF/KL's ability to sell seats. I agree that there is strong demand from BOS to FCO and a seasonal flight clearly works; MXP is less obvious. .

New England - Italy is a huge market by itself. No need for feed at either end. If DL doesn't jump on it, it's likely because it doesn't make sense operationally such as no gate at BOS or no aircraft availability, and not because of lack of feed on the FCO side.
As for the 752, it should work as a Summer route only. CDG-RDU is about the same as FCO-BOS and last year DL started that route with a 752.
adamh8297 wrote:
DY just announced FCO longhaul but no BOS yet.

Not yet but you know it's coming :)

RL757PVD

Wed May 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Looks like PVD is stealing the D8 FDF and PTP flights this winter...

adamh8297

Wed May 31, 2017 1:55 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

Not stealing but I'm guessing 737 MAX will be used - also schedule for PTP is horrible Mon/Thurs PTP-PVD flights.... please

airbazar

Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Not stealing but I'm guessing 737 MAX will be used - also schedule for PTP is horrible Mon/Thurs PTP-PVD flights.... please

It's stealing in that they are terminating the flights from BOS, and starting them from PVD instead.
I just don't see how those flights will stick around for more than 1 season. I think they should instead focus on serving the Azores from PVD with the MAX.

RL757PVD

Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm

airbazar wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

It's stealing in that they are terminating the flights from BOS, and starting them from PVD instead.
I just don't see how those flights will stick around for more than 1 season. I think they should instead focus on serving the Azores from PVD with the MAX.

Why should D8 add Azores when someone is already flying it? Successfully at that (S4 doubled their PVD season this year).

I was nto sure if these flights were going to come back this year to either airport after how bad they did at BOS last year, will be curious to see if there is an improvement. They may get a little bump from the PVD area for people looking for "an island" and dont care which one it is, whereas at BOS there are so many more options.

Im sure all of the D8 stuff from PVD will be a mixed bag, with some changes likely over the first couple years, but its not like there is room for them to move to BOS if they wanted to (physically or in their business model).

airbazar

Wed May 31, 2017 6:01 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Why should D8 add Azores when someone is already flying it? Successfully at that (S4 doubled their PVD season this year).

Because it's a large O&D market that is very price sensitive and S4 is a crap airline that only operates once a week in the Summer.
It's the perfect market for a LCC/LFC with a small aircraft that can be filled year round, twice per week in the Winter.

VS4ever

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:14 am

Massport April numbers are finally posted. almost 3.3m for the month and 11.3m for the year, Domestic pax up 8% on 4.8% more flights, International up 16.5% on 4.5% more flights... International records continue to tumble.

Asia - Apr 17 is an all time record with 42K, surpassing Aug 16, averaging an additional 26 pax per flight (I am sure due to the uptick with CX), best year to date ever and on course to hit 500K on a rolling basis in 2017.

Canada - Apr 17 is 20% up year on year hitting 80K for the month, with an average of an additional 5 pax on each flight. best year to date ever and on course to hit 1m pax this year on a rolling basis.

Caribbean - Apr 17 up 9% year on year with 126K for the month, 2nd highest on record. average of additional 9 pax on each flight. best year to date and rolling 12 months numbers ever, could well hit 1.1m on that basis.

Central America - Apr 17 up 43% year on year, hitting 17K for the month, also best start to the year and easily on course for 200K pax per year on a rolling basis.

Europe - Apr 17 - well no signs of reductions in numbers flying across the pond this month. May will be more interesting. This month sees a 19% increase year on year and the first time over 300k in an April. #1 across the board and likely to hit 3.7m on a rolling basis, if we don't see a collapse as a result of potential bans on laptops etc.

Middle East - here's where the issue might be Apr 16 to Apr 17 is pretty flat 0.3% increase in pax or 160, if you assume a 30 day month, that's as flat as a proverbial pancake and will probably reverse course in May especially once EK drops to 1 daily.

All in all an excellent month for Logan, although maybe a few bumps ahead.

Here's the source data: http://www.massport.com/media/436255/04 ... ummary.pdf

As an aside, Massport updated their capital plan out to 2021. http://www.massport.com/media/424219/Ca ... 7-FY21.pdf

Happy travels. My next trip BOS-ATL-AUS-ATL-BOS, fingers crossed for my connections :)

B752OS

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 am

When is Massport due to release more concrete plans of Phase 1 of the Terminal E expansion? Isn't work supposed to begin at the end of this year? Or in Q1 2018?

adamh8297

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:42 am

VS4ever wrote:

Middle East - here's where the issue might be Apr 16 to Apr 17 is pretty flat 0.3% increase in pax or 160, if you assume a 30 day month, that's as flat as a proverbial pancake and will probably reverse course in May especially once EK drops to 1 daily.

I can't believe this wasn't down with all the doom and gloom we've been hearing.

VS4ever wrote:

Happy travels. My next trip BOS-ATL-AUS-ATL-BOS, fingers crossed for my connections :)

WN or DL?

I got BOS-CDG-DBV, DBV-ZAG, ZAG-AMS-BOS booked for end of summer on AF departure /DL return with OU operating any flight touching Croatia.

airbazar

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:10 am

VS4ever wrote:
Massport April numbers are finally posted. almost 3.3m for the month and 11.3m for the year, Domestic pax up 8% on 4.8% more flights, International up 16.5% on 4.5% more flights... International records continue to tumble.

No doubt helping the numbers is the fact that this year, Easter coincided with Mass April school vacation.
adamh8297 wrote:
I can't believe this wasn't down with all the doom and gloom we've been hearing.

The electronics ban was issued at the end of March, likely too late to affect passengers who had already bought tickets for April. However, in my opinion the ban has greater impact on premium passengers who tend to be people traveling for business. That's a small percentage of passengers compared to leisure/vfr pax but as we know, a very important group financially. In other words, the ban will have a far greater impact on revenue than the load factor indicates.

VS4ever

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:17 am

VS4ever wrote:

WN or DL?

I got BOS-CDG-DBV, DBV-ZAG, ZAG-AMS-BOS booked for end of summer on AF departure /DL return with OU operating any flight touching Croatia.[/quote]

DL, 3 reasons. 1 timing, 1. B6 flight is too early for leaving on a Sunday. 2. I have a general loathing of all things WN. 3. Company policy means I have to choose DL or B6 primarily (although UA is required for flights to ORD)
Later in the year I have BOS-AMS-BHX and reverse to go visit my parents. Hopefully that will beat going to LHR and driving up to where they live.

chrisnh

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm

I'm doing that 'Too early' B6 nonstop to Austin tomorrow morning then driving down to San Antonio. Then probably to bed for a nap :lol:

LH423

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:45 am

Avianca's first flight out of Boston is about to touch down in BOG, though, like AM and CX, it arrives and departs under the cloak of darkness. Also, probably due to maintenance but the AZ flight tonight and those for the next two days are scheduled as 777s. A nice change of pace should any of the local photographers want to catch this rarity.

LH423

adamh8297

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm

LH423 wrote:
Avianca's first flight out of Boston is about to touch down in BOG, though, like AM and CX, it arrives and departs under the cloak of darkness. Also, probably due to maintenance but the AZ flight tonight and those for the next two days are scheduled as 777s. A nice change of pace should any of the local photographers want to catch this rarity.

LH423

Some photos and videos from Terminal E including arrival of BOG-BOS here:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AviancaGlobal/posts/

AV's twitter has more of the festivities in BOG.

chrisnh

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:53 pm

There was a Norwegian 787 parked next to the JAL one this morning, and a UA 777 parked at an E gate. Both unusual?

adamh8297

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:18 pm

DOT released Table 6 for Q4 late this week:

Top 10 Metros unserved with PDEW for Q4

SAT - 150
ORF - 144 (announced by Delta for Fall 2017)
MEM - 108
ABQ - 102
SDF - 96
OMA - 86
TUS - 80
BHM - 76
GRR -76
DAY -72

Top 10 O+D increases for markets over 50 PDEW

BNA - 45.59%
SLC - 33.77%
GSO - 18.47%
MSY - 14.60%
GRR - 14.29%
CLE - 14.06%
NYC - 11.73%
GSP - 9.98%
ATL - 9.26%
SEA - 8.32%

Top 10 O+D decreases

SRQ -25.35%
ABQ -16.18%
PBI - 12.47%
MYR - 10.88%
ROC - 9.69%
PIT - 9.46%
SAV - 8.42%
OKC - 7.96%
JAX - 7.19%
RSW - 7.08%

Would everyone want to see Top 10 PDEW increases by passengers instead of % since a -8.42% drop in SAV is less significant than a -9.46% drop in PIT?

chrisnh wrote:
There was a Norwegian 787 parked next to the JAL one this morning, and a UA 777 parked at an E gate. Both unusual?

No issues with how yesterday's DY flights went. The routing LGW-BOS-OSL had no delays per flightaware.

FGITD

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:28 pm

chrisnh wrote:

Norwegian was cancelled 2 days ago I believe. The United 772 is a RON aircraft.

Currently there's also a TAP a330 over on North cargo, and supposedly needs an engine swap...and supposedly there's an Antonov coming today with said engine.

Edit: An124 enroute from Lisbon, eta is 16:00. Going to be a busy afternoon around terminal E tonight

B752OS

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:45 pm

I am going to guess a decent amount of people opt to fly into AUS if they're heading to San Antonio given there are multiple non-stop flights and it's what, an hour or so drive?

BNA's increase is not a shock given how competitive that market has become. It was not too long ago that Boston lacked a non-stop flight for a period of time. No we have 3 airlines on it.

VS4ever

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:55 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
DOT released Table 6 for Q4 late this week:

Top 10 Metros unserved with PDEW for Q4

SAT - 150
ORF - 144 (announced by Delta for Fall 2017)
MEM - 108
ABQ - 102
SDF - 96
OMA - 86
TUS - 80
BHM - 76
GRR -76
DAY -72

Top 10 O+D increases for markets over 50 PDEW

BNA - 45.59%
SLC - 33.77%
GSO - 18.47%
MSY - 14.60%
GRR - 14.29%
CLE - 14.06%
NYC - 11.73%
GSP - 9.98%
ATL - 9.26%
SEA - 8.32%

Top 10 O+D decreases

SRQ -25.35%
ABQ -16.18%
PBI - 12.47%
MYR - 10.88%
ROC - 9.69%
PIT - 9.46%
SAV - 8.42%
OKC - 7.96%
JAX - 7.19%
RSW - 7.08%

Would everyone want to see Top 10 PDEW increases by passengers instead of % since a -8.42% drop in SAV is less significant than a -9.46% drop in PIT?

Yes that would be awesome to give it some perspective :)

chrisnh wrote:

No issues with how yesterday's DY flights went. The routing LGW-BOS-OSL had no delays per flightaware.

adamh8297

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:30 pm

For PDEW changes

Top 10 Increases

NYC - 236 (B6 adding LGA-BOS during that quarter)
BNA - 186
ATL - 115
ORD - 84
SLC - 77
LAX - 66 (All Airports)
CLE - 52
SEA - 48
MSY - 47
SAN - 29

Top 10 Decreases

MIA - 87 (all airports)
PBI - 77
SFO -75 (all airports)
TPA - 70
RSW - 53
PIT - 46
SRQ - 33
PHL - 32
JAX - 22
ABQ -19

This also was a quarter where LAX was larger than SFO. That may not be the case in the future with DL adding BOS-SFO this summer.

chrisnh

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:22 am

Did the drive down I 35 from AUS to SAT and it was miserable. It SHOULD have been an hour but was almost double that.

VS4ever

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:59 am

chrisnh wrote:
Did the drive down I 35 from AUS to SAT and it was miserable. It SHOULD have been an hour but was almost double that.

And that there is why BOS-SAT needs to be considered. Austin traffic can be absolutely abysmal, while it is relatively close to Austin and AUS is on the SE side of the city, it's still terrible to get from A to B and the exact reason why i prefer to leave at 6am so i miss all that traffic to get across Austin (our office is on the North side of the city) and get back home around 1.

IF SAT is 150 PDEW there must be a ton of people using connecting options as until DL joins the direct fray there are only 300 (ish) direct seats a day on the 1x B6 and 1x WN. maybe DL joining will kill the notion of going to SAT for a while as they mop up the excess capacity, but for right now i am guessing only a limited number of those are going via BOS.

on a separate note Chrisnh, how was the flight?

adamh8297

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:17 am

VS4ever wrote:
IF SAT is 150 PDEW there must be a ton of people using connecting options as until DL joins the direct fray there are only 300 (ish) direct seats a day on the 1x B6 and 1x WN. maybe DL joining will kill the notion of going to SAT for a while as they mop up the excess capacity, but for right now i am guessing only a limited number of those are going via BOS.

We would have to see what the DL changes will add. Traffic always seems to be stimulated in these adds (see BNA as a clear example up to almost 600 PDEW and not having non-stops a few years ago). Maybe DL fliers near SAT opt for this flight if they need to get to BOS.

Also Table 6 always gives market share leader and low fare carrier in each city pair. WN happens to be both for BOS-SAT. They got 34.3% of the market and had average one-way fare of $274. My guess is AA or UA (plenty of convenient SAT flights from their Texas hubs) are next then DL.

clrd4t8koff

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:00 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
LH423 wrote:

LH423

Anyone have any insight on how the loads were on the first two flights into/out of BOS?

tjerome

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
LH423 wrote:

LH423

Anyone have any insight on how the loads were on the first two flights into/out of BOS?

The first couple of days eastbound it was close to full (a few seats went to nonrevs to fill it up) and understandably the first few days westbound were light but that should be changing.

Interesting thread discussing AA and DL at BOS: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1364245

adamh8297

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:53 pm

tjerome wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

The first couple of days eastbound it was close to full (a few seats went to nonrevs to fill it up) and understandably the first few days westbound were light but that should be changing.

Shouldn't these be called Northbound and Southbound? Guessing westbound is BOS-BOG and eastbound is BOG-BOS.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos