Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

davescj
Topic Author

DL new uniform

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 pm

On DL 1703 today (Jan 17) I saw the new crew uniform. I put a link here for the sake of pictures, but there are other reviews. It seens quite classic and retro at the same time. The purple I do wonder about- will it look good on everyone? I do think it looks better than what other carriers have. I did like the red, thought it went well with DL branding. About 1000 crew are trying it out, all employees will have it next year.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday ... /92360172/

Dave

caoimhin

Re: DL new uniform

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 am

Looks a bit Galaxy Quest, but if you put that aside, it looks great.

What of the rest of DL's branding though? This doesn't really complement the colour pallet of their livery. Could there be a branding update there in the near future?

pasu129

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:27 am

Color looks more in line with VS's than DL's corporate colors.

aloha73g

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 am

Back when the new uniform was revealed, Delta announced that "Passport Plum" would be featured throughout their branding going forward.

-Aloha!

ual747den

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 am

Wow I think it looks awful.

StrandedAtMKG

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 am

The uniforms have the same problem as basically any other clothing designed by so-called high fashion designers: they look great if you're 5'10", leggy, in shape, wealthy, and live in New York, but they look incredibly stupid if you're a real human being in a real-world setting. The purple dresses are particularly cartoonish. While I do give Zac Posen points for breaking away from the sea of navy blue at the rest of the US airlines, the entire collection looks better suited to the national airline of Panem, not a US major.

Cointrin330

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 am

I like it. Certainly better than UA that's for sure. The AA uniforms aren't very original but look nice, though evidently, a major issue for the company as many employees have complained they cause itching, hives, and other allergies.

tlecam

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 am

Well I'm 6'2" and live in NY, but I"m not leggy or wealthy- I guess I'm half real human being in a half real world setting. I am not crazy about the purple or the light grey, but I think that the styles and cuts are nice, and that they have some good options for all body types. I also think that they're distinctive, meaning that you'll know that the crew is Delta in the airport. I actually like the AA uniform style - I think that it has clean lines, but I have mistaken crew for a passenger.

deltadawg

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:31 am

Fire the designer!! Those are horrible. Looks like something that puked on South Beach. Delta, please go hire a decent designer with proven style!

TW870

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 am

Davescj, were they just testing the Posen uniforms on your flight? I know the official roll-out isn't for a while, but I recall hearing that some crews were going to test it.

In other news, I am a real person from Indiana. But I am 5'10, leggy, and in shape. I love the uniform and cannot wait. Bye bye blue, and give us some other part of the spectrum.

davescj
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 am

TW870 wrote:
Davescj, were they just testing the Posen uniforms on your flight? I know the official roll-out isn't for a while, but I recall hearing that some crews were going to test it.

In other news, I am a real person from Indiana. But I am 5'10, leggy, and in shape. I love the uniform and cannot wait. Bye bye blue, and give us some other part of the spectrum.

Yes, they were the new Posen uniforms. Apparently, this particular FA was chosen (or volunteered?) to be part of the test. The lady in question was blond and Caucasian, but looked like someone you'd meet on the street anywhere. I thought the uniform was flattering on her. The color fit her palate to be honest. That's why I wonder - will it work for everyone?

I thought the name tag in gold was particularly good with the purple. The USA photos make the colors a bit darker than I thought they looked like.

Another blog commented that DL tends to be a bit more "trendy" in uniform choice. I do agree with what other posters said - you'll know these are DL crew. But that could be a good thing!

Dave

TW870

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 am

caoimhin wrote:
Looks a bit Galaxy Quest, but if you put that aside, it looks great.

What of the rest of DL's branding though? This doesn't really complement the colour pallet of their livery. Could there be a branding update there in the near future?

Not sure about an update, but they have already broadened out the color palette. The new skyclub at ATL on B concourse and in SEA have far more purple, light blue, and even chartreuse. They all look great against the navy blue. On my last flight the economy blankets were a light bluish grey. So the era of only blue, gray, and red is already over.

LawAndOrder

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 pm

I love the new uniforms. I have seen many wear testers. If you have facebook or IG just search Zac Posen (click on latest......you will have to scroll a bit). The cuts and construction (especially for the women) is amazing. I think the AA uniform is clean in lines yet is very lackluster. I literally stayed at the Loews hotel and Hollywood and they were wearing almost the exact uniform as American. The purple dresses look good on most skin complexions as I have seen a wide variety. My least favorite is the purple pants suit. For those people saying chose a proven designer you have got to be kidding me. Name a designer out old or new who is better at constructing females dresses. His dresses are absolutely gorgeous if anything Delta held him back and restricted his creative input. I applaud him for taking a risk, I wish that they would have released all of his sketches

georgiaame

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

DL 31, LHR to ATL Monday 16 Jan, saw the purple outfit in action. Nice, nothing spectacular, and as I told the chief flight attendant, I still prefer the red dress. Her comment was "Oh, we all know why you prefer the red dress!" I kind of sort of saw the purple as a nod to Virgin Atlantic and their Scarlet/Purple colors, which is nice. But otherwise, I'm not planning on going out of my way to fly Delta because of the uniform.

deltal1011man

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm

All I care about is can you squat down in the shorts without them drawing up to the point you feel like your....ahem....man parts......are hanging out. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

could do without the purple also.

kriskim

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:37 pm

pasu129 wrote:
Color looks more in line with VS's than DL's corporate colors.

I agree, this uniform wouldn't look astray in VS.