Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Chugach

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - Part 14

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:29 am

bigfoot0503 wrote:
Chugach wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:

Last year was the first year DL flew PDX-ANC since the days of the PDX hub in the 90's. It seemed to do really well on loads, but yields might be another story. I love having B6 run PDX-ANC because it makes getting between the two cities very economical in the summer, but they've definitely lowered the market yield on the route. If B6 wasn't on it I bet DL would be more likely to return.

Interesting point regarding B6. However I believe I saw recently that B6 was going to fly PDX-ANC & SEA-ANC with less frequency this summer. Last summer as I recall was a daily flight offering, haven't looked to see what this summer's schedule is yet.

I think it's still daily but a shorter season. Supposedly due to crew scheduling issues...they don't have much problem filling the seats.

flyboy80

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:01 am

RWA380 wrote:
pnwpdx wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
With Portland growing like I keep hearing it is, SEA up the road, LA down the road, and a major competitor with a true to life hub in Portland- is there any room for a year round HNL service? I believe NW/DL operated on a 753 for around 3 plus years? Its been said it would lose money, but fares from PDX to the Islands, not so sure about HNL, aren't what I'd consider cheap.

PDX does have year round service to HNL on HA and AS. Though Delta does have seasonal service to HNL during the winter months, I believe it is only for a couple of weeks in December. AS also has service to the other islands as well. Most people I think are expecting HA to add PDX-OGG again once they start receiving their new aircraft, A321. But who knows when that will happen since HA A321's are delayed.

I don't think DL entering the PDX-HNL market would do much than lower yields, I don't think there is a year round demand that is that high, when you consider the HA 330 & AS 739 doing it daily, as there are also numerous connections on DL, UA, AA or even VX to get to Hawaii.

UA recently published a fare for $356 r/t PDX-HNL, I don't know how much lower thay could go, but I paid $286.50 R/T in Nov 2015 on a combo of AS over & HA back. Fares hover in the $400-500 range on average, which is what I spend to fly to Virginia yearly.

Yeah, you have some very good points. The fares just don't make sense based on the amount of demand and options. I'm an airline employee and flights are so full I can't non-rev, but at least I can afford to buy a ticket half of the time! I've heard before PDX is in the top five for O&D to and from Hawaii- not sure if that's simply HNL, but more likely all islands combined. Perhaps we'll see more diversified offerings from HA once the 321 arrives? Obviously its expected OGG will return, but really I could see HA going down to 321s on both PDX-HNL/OGG and a seasonal KOA perhaps.

On another note, and I know I bring it up constantly, but I'm just still amazed at the amount of growth in seat counts for Delta in PDX over the last two years. I would imagine they have doubled in daily seats, and I really wonder what is next for them given the change in relationship with HA, the situation with Tokyo, and the rumors about a JV with KE.

RWA380

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:56 am

flyboy80 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
pnwpdx wrote:

PDX does have year round service to HNL on HA and AS. Though Delta does have seasonal service to HNL during the winter months, I believe it is only for a couple of weeks in December. AS also has service to the other islands as well. Most people I think are expecting HA to add PDX-OGG again once they start receiving their new aircraft, A321. But who knows when that will happen since HA A321's are delayed.

I don't think DL entering the PDX-HNL market would do much than lower yields, I don't think there is a year round demand that is that high, when you consider the HA 330 & AS 739 doing it daily, as there are also numerous connections on DL, UA, AA or even VX to get to Hawaii.

UA recently published a fare for $356 r/t PDX-HNL, I don't know how much lower thay could go, but I paid $286.50 R/T in Nov 2015 on a combo of AS over & HA back. Fares hover in the $400-500 range on average, which is what I spend to fly to Virginia yearly.

Yeah, you have some very good points. The fares just don't make sense based on the amount of demand and options. I'm an airline employee and flights are so full I can't non-rev, but at least I can afford to buy a ticket half of the time! I've heard before PDX is in the top five for O&D to and from Hawaii- not sure if that's simply HNL, but more likely all islands combined. Perhaps we'll see more diversified offerings from HA once the 321 arrives? Obviously its expected OGG will return, but really I could see HA going down to 321s on both PDX-HNL/OGG and a seasonal KOA perhaps.

On another note, and I know I bring it up constantly, but I'm just still amazed at the amount of growth in seat counts for Delta in PDX over the last two years. I would imagine they have doubled in daily seats, and I really wonder what is next for them given the change in relationship with HA, the situation with Tokyo, and the rumors about a JV with KE.

OK, now I get it, you need to non-rev, well that is a bit tricky, you are right, I haven't been on a flight to or from PDX & Hawaii in the past 5 years that wasn't totally full. I fly AS almost exclusively, but a deal on HA is just fine, I keep miles with both carriers.

When I was in the industry & living in Hawaii & then back on the mainland, I'd get lots of passes to fly free on DL & I'd even get F, if I wasn't trying to get on the ATL n/s which was never available. But that was back when carriers flew widebodys & not narrow body aircraft to the Islands.

I've flown on DL only on the L-1011, DC-10 & 767/3/4 on their Hawaii routes.

jbpdx

Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:00 pm

One month until the nonstop PDX-MCO route begins. Checking some of the early flights, Alaska's using -700s, -800s and -900s depending on the day. Has anyone seen or heard any ads for this yet?

pdxswa

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:13 pm

After a brutal ice storm the Dallas Mavericks 757 stands frozen.

bigfoot0503

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 pm

pdxswa wrote:
After a brutal ice storm the Dallas Mavericks 757 stands frozen.

Great shot Bill! Suffice to say, viewing that ice encrusted 757 makes me shudder. As a Portlander I am ready for some Spring weather and a break from the ice storms, deluge of rain and odd winter weather we have seen in the metro the past several months.

jbpdx

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Looks like Frontier is resuming seasonal PDX-CLE beginning 23 April and continuing to at least 13 August. ----> Sun-Tues-Thur, A321

pdxswa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 pm

The first LCF built diverted here the other week. Due to bad weather at KPAE and the pilots timing out. Seen here preparing to depart for KPAE later that same night .

ANA787

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 am

January 2017 airport statistics have been posted.

http://cdn.portofportland.com/pdfs/Jan2017webstats.pdf

5% increase in passenger numbers. 1,285,370 passengers passed through PDX in January 2017.

wvfuller

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:52 am

UA starting mainline from MFR to SFO in April:

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/2017022 ... to-medford

Wingtips56

Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:35 am

wvfuller wrote:
UA starting mainline from MFR to SFO in April:

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/2017022 ... to-medford

Interesting that the article says UA hasn't confirmed it yet. In looking at United.com, for April into June, the schedule shows two 737-800s out on some days (one as a 739 one day), only one on other days, but only once coming in late, after midnight. I haven't searched every day, but I didn't see a 319 on any of the days I did look at. At present, the one mainline arrival but two mainline departures doesn't look right (unless one is coming in from somewhere else), and I don't see the inbound crew arriving after midnight as operating the 05:40 departure, nor laying over in Medford until the following morning. United.com shows only UAx/OO in July; no mainline. Or will SFO be short of a RON spot for a couple of months, so UA will park one in MFR?? I'll withhold judgment until this Sunday/Monday after schedule changes run to see if these are just placeholders or aberrations.

I might be slightly less hesitant to book the mainline to SFO, but I'm still wary of making connections there. I'm more confident in booking LAX and PHX (coming soon), along with PDX/SEA for connections.
But this is good news if true.

flyboy80

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:00 am

It's so strange to see united with mainline service in some of these Pacific Northwest cities. Places where you'd expect Alaska as the most likely carrier to have mainline. Back in the day UA 737s were a common site, but apparently UA has a large amount of market in many of the PAC NW markets which once again re justify mainline service. I guess to some extent it makes sense given SFO and United is by far the largest hub on the west coast.

On a different note, is Delta flying AMS and NRT daily from Pdx this summer?

pdxav8r

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:32 am

flyboy80 wrote:
It's so strange to see united with mainline service in some of these Pacific Northwest cities. Places where you'd expect Alaska as the most likely carrier to have mainline. Back in the day UA 737s were a common site, but apparently UA has a large amount of market in many of the PAC NW markets which once again re justify mainline service. I guess to some extent it makes sense given SFO and United is by far the largest hub on the west coast.

On a different note, is Delta flying AMS and NRT daily from Pdx this summer?

I think it is great MFR is seeing mainline. Their passenger counts keep setting records. I do, however, believe the return has as much to do with the lack of SFO gate space. The late arrival/painful early departure flights are generally the least expensive/lighter load flights leading me to believe it is 50/50.

EUG has seen an uptick in mainline lately, good to see more of it in Oregon markets.

AS has a lack of gate space in SEA, but they really only RON one extra 737 in PDX from SEA each night, which could probably be more if necessary. No real need yet to look for places to park their 737's.

ramprat74

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:51 pm

The new Atlantic FBO terminal opened this week at PDX. I haven't heard what the Port will do with the area around the old terminal and hangars?

PDXPOL

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 pm

ramprat74 wrote:
The new Atlantic FBO terminal opened this week at PDX. I haven't heard what the Port will do with the area around the old terminal and hangars?

I am pretty sure they are tearing it and the adjacent hanger down. That area will become the RON after the E extension is complete.

bluejackets

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:52 am

pdxav8r wrote:

I think it is great MFR is seeing mainline. Their passenger counts keep setting records. I do, however, believe the return has as much to do with the lack of SFO gate space. The late arrival/painful early departure flights are generally the least expensive/lighter load flights leading me to believe it is 50/50.

It's a great sign of growth for Medford. I wouldn't be surprised to see AS add a 737 to SEA. During the summer it's already 4X/day on Q400s, plus they could RON one in MFR.

The market is only growing at MFR right now.

flyboy80

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:39 am

New talk on another thread regarding possible DL JV with KE. Some have speculated that such a venture could mean a ICN-PDX flight. I wonder if would be a KE 787, or a DL 767. I also wonder if such a flight would mean DL withdraws from Portland-Japan service... Hmmm.

flyoregon

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:40 am

What would it take for EUG or MFR to see mainline Alaska? Would a seasonal flight from either to Hawaii work or are the connections from Eugene and Medford sufficient enough? Could these cities support such flights?

pdxav8r

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:08 am

flyoregon wrote:
What would it take for EUG or MFR to see mainline Alaska? Would a seasonal flight from either to Hawaii work or are the connections from Eugene and Medford sufficient enough? Could these cities support such flights?

I don't think that is in their model. AS wants to feed most routes through their hubs. That is the beauty of Horizon. In time, some routes may be best served by mainline. But if you look at the other airlines serving MFR and EUG, they are funneling flights through hubs. UA (does mainline now with EUG), DL, and AA, may go mainline through their hubs, but with the AS hubs so close (PDX, SEA), more frequent Horizon flights make more sense. What AS ultimately decides to do with Virgin America's hubs in SFO and LAX may play a part, but for now the Horizon model seems to make the most sense for them.

intotheair

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:22 am

AS/QX/OO would be cool to see do EUG-LAX, or perhaps even EUG-SFO. But I suppose AS must be alright with AA doing EUG-LAX, and UA would probably respond in some form if AS started EUG-SFO. But I also agree with what's said above. I would guess 85% of EUG/MFR passengers are connecting beyond PDX/SEA, so it's better to have frequency so that AS can offer them a wider selection of better-timed connections to more places. It's not like mainline makes much of a difference on less than one hour flights anyway.

As for EUG-HNL, ask G4 how that turned out. Sure, it was G4, but I would question whether there would really be much consistent demand for a route like that at all.

Chugach

Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:25 am

intotheair wrote:
AS/QX/OO would be cool to see do EUG-LAX, or perhaps even EUG-SFO. But I suppose AS must be alright with AA doing EUG-LAX, and UA would probably respond in some form if AS started EUG-SFO. But I also agree with what's said above. I would guess 85% of EUG/MFR passengers are connecting beyond PDX/SEA, so it's better to have frequency so that AS can offer them a wider selection of better-timed connections to more places. It's not like mainline makes much of a difference on less than one hour flights anyway.

As for EUG-HNL, ask G4 how that turned out. Sure, it was G4, but I would question whether there would really be much consistent demand for a route like that at all.

I doubt we will see AS mainline at EUG or MFR, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them start sending the E75's there to better compete with DL once DL starts EUG/MFR-SEA.

metaldirtnskin

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 am

Chugach wrote:
intotheair wrote:

I doubt we will see AS mainline at EUG or MFR, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them start sending the E75's there to better compete with DL once DL starts EUG/MFR-SEA.

The EUG numbers for 2016 showed UA rapidly gaining on AS for total passenger volume after going to year-round mainline for SFO (and seasonal for DEN). I have to imagine AS will take notice at some point. AS mainline is not too likely in the short term, agreed, but if they do focus more on LAX and SFO post-merger, they might add E75 to those cities, or swap Q400 for E75 on the PDX/SEA connections, or both.

UnitedFlyer

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Would love to see UA mainline MFR-DEN....

UnitedFlyer

Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 am

UnitedFlyer wrote:
Would love to see UA mainline MFR-DEN....

Got my wish! According to united.com and the Medford Airport wikipedia site, 737 service from MFR-DEN starts June 8!

flyoregon

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 am

I was under the impressing that Sun Country was year-round to MSP, or does the year-round gig start this year?

Also wondered if anyone here is in the know on B6 ops. I am curious why they don't do year-round to Boston. I know I bring this comparison up a lot, but if Salt Lake City can support DL and B6 to Boston year-round, surely Portland can to. You can't tell me O&D at SLC is out of the world on that route. For the life of me, I still can't understand how Delta AND Air Canada can make SLC-YYZ work year-round...and I haven't read a solid reasoning on it either.

I am of course bias, but I have to believe Air Canada to YYZ from Portland year-round would work.

bigfoot0503

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 pm

flyoregon wrote:
I was under the impressing that Sun Country was year-round to MSP, or does the year-round gig start this year?

Also wondered if anyone here is in the know on B6 ops. I am curious why they don't do year-round to Boston. I know I bring this comparison up a lot, but if Salt Lake City can support DL and B6 to Boston year-round, surely Portland can to. You can't tell me O&D at SLC is out of the world on that route. For the life of me, I still can't understand how Delta AND Air Canada can make SLC-YYZ work year-round...and I haven't read a solid reasoning on it either.

I am of course bias, but I have to believe Air Canada to YYZ from Portland year-round would work.

I too am perplexed about the Air Canada service, AC decision to make SLC year round with competing DL service in SLC...and PDX with seasonal only on the E190? I would hope after this year there might be some additional evaluation and AC could see fit to make PDX-YYZ year round.

flyoregon

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Is it just me or does it feel like it's been somewhat lack-luster of an announcement year thus far for PDX?

PDXPOL

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 pm

flyoregon wrote:
Is it just me or does it feel like it's been somewhat lack-luster of an announcement year thus far for PDX?

I agree, I have seen a few over the last 9 months, like Orlando and some additions to Texas area. But nothing really notable. I was hoping for more international. I know Iceland is expanding to 6 days weekly. I am surprised Condor with their load factors doesn't go 6 days. I work at for an agency at the airport and they have had meetings in Mexico pushing Mexico City, maybe there is a demand there. I see the monthly numbers are still strong but down to around the 5% range increases. I booked Europe in August and took the direct flight to London, on Delta. I know its still 5 months out but the flight is only 1/3 full. I return via Paris to Salt Lake City. It is already half full. But SLC is a hub. I also really thought we would have seen MIA by now.

On another note, I do see a difference in aircraft size. Southwest has many more 800's than in the past. Alaska has more 900's at PDX. I return from Europe to SLC and fly back to PDX on a 757. I think the frequency's are increased as normal for summer, but maybe the aircraft which half the frequencies already increases in size will even increase more.

If Condor has another strong year they must have to consider extending the season or even year round as mentioned above. From the meetings I have attended, even adding London will not make much of a dent with the demand to Europe for the summer months.

pdx

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:16 pm

AA's adding some additional (seasonal) nonstops to DFW, ORD, PHL (restarting), and CLT.
Surprised about CLT. In June ORD has 3 nonstops then goes to 1 on 05JUL. Anyway, there
was a time when AA was pretty much nonexistent at PDX so it's good to see! Of course the
merger with US helped.

Midwestindy

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Surprised no one is worried about AS/VX in SFO taking PDX's thunder.

flyoregon

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 pm

PDXPOL wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

I agree, I have seen a few over the last 9 months, like Orlando and some additions to Texas area. But nothing really notable. I was hoping for more international. I know Iceland is expanding to 6 days weekly. I am surprised Condor with their load factors doesn't go 6 days. I work at for an agency at the airport and they have had meetings in Mexico pushing Mexico City, maybe there is a demand there. I see the monthly numbers are still strong but down to around the 5% range increases. I booked Europe in August and took the direct flight to London, on Delta. I know its still 5 months out but the flight is only 1/3 full. I return via Paris to Salt Lake City. It is already half full. But SLC is a hub. I also really thought we would have seen MIA by now.

On another note, I do see a difference in aircraft size. Southwest has many more 800's than in the past. Alaska has more 900's at PDX. I return from Europe to SLC and fly back to PDX on a 757. I think the frequency's are increased as normal for summer, but maybe the aircraft which half the frequencies already increases in size will even increase more.

If Condor has another strong year they must have to consider extending the season or even year round as mentioned above. From the meetings I have attended, even adding London will not make much of a dent with the demand to Europe for the summer months.

I'm surprised Icelandair went 6x week rather than year-round first. It's only a matter of time of course. Condor doesn't seem to do many destinations year round, but Portland year-round at least 4x weekly would do very well...even with FI and DL to KEF and AMS respectively. AC to YYZ, FI, and DE going year-round would be a very good thing for PDX....not necessarily daily, but at least year-round.

DL's 1/3 full to LHR doesn't surprise me. I've seen a handful of ads for the service when compared to FI and DE ads around the city on billboards, MAX trains, etc. They marketed very well to get the word out and it's worked. I love having a flight to London, but like most, I champion for a BA connection. It just makes better sense than DL. I have nothing against Delta at all, but going to London doesn't add up.

I will be surprised if Hainan doesn't announce Portland soon, BA this fall, and as a wild card EK to DXB would be cool.

I remember reading on this thread somewhere that Volaris was cutting back frequency, but it looks like they're actually increasing frequency, so that's nice to see. MEX would be a nice add too.

PDXPOL

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 pm

flyoregon wrote:
PDXPOL wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

I'm surprised Icelandair went 6x week rather than year-round first. It's only a matter of time of course. Condor doesn't seem to do many destinations year round, but Portland year-round at least 4x weekly would do very well...even with FI and DL to KEF and AMS respectively. AC to YYZ, FI, and DE going year-round would be a very good thing for PDX....not necessarily daily, but at least year-round.

DL's 1/3 full to LHR doesn't surprise me. I've seen a handful of ads for the service when compared to FI and DE ads around the city on billboards, MAX trains, etc. They marketed very well to get the word out and it's worked. I love having a flight to London, but like most, I champion for a BA connection. It just makes better sense than DL. I have nothing against Delta at all, but going to London doesn't add up.

I will be surprised if Hainan doesn't announce Portland soon, BA this fall, and as a wild card EK to DXB would be cool.

I remember reading on this thread somewhere that Volaris was cutting back frequency, but it looks like they're actually increasing frequency, so that's nice to see. MEX would be a nice add too.

I also heard Volaris was cutting but that appears false. Iceland Air is all but year round for a couple months. I remember Bill Watt posting that he and the Port aviation team went to a conference in China and there was an airline very interested in PDX, but it would be a couple years off.

On the Delta note, I paid extra for the direct Delta flight, not much though. Luck their 767-300 has been upgraded. Plus a lot of other carriers international are charging for seats or food. BA seems to be expanding but not PDX. I am sure it's Delta is the reason. I read from another post that San Jose is their lowest yielding city. I wonder if PDX was ahead of san Jose but due to Delta they changed.

kon

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 am

Midwestindy wrote:

AS is probably putting PDX on the back-burner for the short term. It won't be quick, but once the whole VX thing is sorted out, I hope AS will bring some more focus back to PDX. Nothing to be worried about really, there will probably be few route announcements though.

GabPtown

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 am

kon wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

AS is probably putting PDX on the back-burner for the short term. It won't be quick, but once the whole VX thing is sorted out, I hope AS will bring some more focus back to PDX. Nothing to be worried about really, there will probably be few route announcements though.

Wow the Oregon site is eerily quiet as of late....I wonder with AS/VX current attention on their California hubs and focus cities, is there really a need now for the up coming CC-E 6 gates extension? Does AS really need all of those gates in C?

lhpdx

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 am

GabPtown wrote:
kon wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Wow the Oregon site is eerily quiet as of late....I wonder with AS/VX current attention on their California hubs and focus cities, is there really a need now for the up coming CC-E 6 gates extension? Does AS really need all of those gates in C?

I'm pretty sure that PDX will still need those new gates in the future even though AS expansion plans for Portland appears to be placed on the back-burner....I'm kind of at a complete loss to where Portland importance as a hub is in the new AS/VX future.......

32andBelow

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:20 am

lhpdx wrote:
GabPtown wrote:
kon wrote:

I'm pretty sure that PDX will still need those new gates in the future even though AS expansion plans for Portland appears to be placed on the back-burner....I'm kind of at a complete loss to where Portland importance as a hub is in the new AS/VX future.......

They have added several new routes routes to PDX in the last year...what more could you ask for. I'm sure hey will get a ton of 175 love once more come on.

flyoregon

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:56 pm

I remember sometime around 2001 or 2002 Air Transat did PDX to CUN. Can anyone shed some light on that service? Was it a one-off charter or was it scheduled? I seem to remember reading that it was new service and that was a big deal because it was after the Delta pull-out. I can't find record of it anywhere and no old articles talking about. Insight would be great.

lhpdx

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm

I remember that service....I believe the routing was Calgary-PDX-CUN and the flight departed out of C-23 using an a310-300 aircraft.......If I'm not mistaken it only flew once a week.....
D

flyoregon

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 pm

lhpdx wrote:
I remember that service....I believe the routing was Calgary-PDX-CUN and the flight departed out of C-23 using an a310-300 aircraft.......If I'm not mistaken it only flew once a week.....
D

That sounds right...I know it wasn't daily. It didn't last too long either. I also didn't know the Calgary part. I remember seeing it once taking off and thought it was kind of neat, then never saw it again.

kunta67

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:42 am

With the Ducks in the Final Four, besides Alaska are any airlines adding additional flights from Oregon to PHX?

BoeingGuy

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 am

kunta67 wrote:
With the Ducks in the Final Four, besides Alaska are any airlines adding additional flights from Oregon to PHX?

Is AS flying EUG-PHX flights for the Final Four?

kunta67

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:23 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
kunta67 wrote:

Is AS flying EUG-PHX flights for the Final Four?

I know they added a couple of extra flights from PDX to PHX and I believe SEA to PHX as well. I was looking at going down for the game but the wife put the kabosh on spending the money. She remembers the cost from the previous national championship games in Phoenix and Dallas.

I was wondering if American was going to upgauge the flights into PDX. All the southwest flights either connecting or non-stop on the 31st down to PHX are sold out and the return on the 4th is the same.

dc10lover

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:35 am

I thought dl was doing eug to Seattle. Not mfr to seattle

flyoregon

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:09 pm

When does FI start up again?

jbpdx

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Next week. Looks like KEF-PDX 6 April, PDX-KEF 7 April.

flyoregon

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 pm

jbpdx wrote:
Next week. Looks like KEF-PDX 6 April, PDX-KEF 7 April.

I saw that on the timetable too, but I thought they'd tweaked the schedule a bit after that was published. Thanks for the confirmation.

ramprat74

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:18 pm

Boutique Air moved into the old Atlantic FBO terminal. I can only imagine what the POP is charging them to use it.

bigfoot0503

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:31 pm

ramprat74 wrote:
Boutique Air moved into the old Atlantic FBO terminal. I can only imagine what the POP is charging them to use it.

Is Boutique the only tenant now in that building? I'm curious if this move might signal any sort of indication that Boutique is looking to expand their PDX operation from one city to perhaps more?

Wingtips56

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:20 am

Boutique has put in a bid for the EAS contract at CEC (with PenAir bidding for another 2-year CEC-PDX contract). The Boutique bid has multiple options, including CEC-PDX 5 or 6 times daily, or CEC-OAK 5 or 6 times daily, or a combination of CEC-PDX and CEC-OAK. (What many in CEC want is CEC-SFO, but no small carriers can afford SFO.)
So yes, I'd say Boutique has possible expansion plans at PDX, but as a primarily EAS-chaser, are there other markets ex-PDX that would generate a larger expansion?

ucdtim17

Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:06 am

Anyone know why FedEx Cessnas generally land on runway 3 at PDX instead of the normal 10/28s? http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N850 ... /KEUG/KPDX

They fly right over downtown along the river on the way up to the airport. Are they too slow to mix it up with regular traffic? Or too much separation needed for wake turbulence? Is the runway just more convenient for the FedEx facility there? Something else?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos