CIDFlyer
Posts: 1956
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Just missed 14 mil.

Final number for 2016 13,959,126.

Top 10 airports in growing capacity at 9.1%

If we add in midamerica we can say its over 14 mil for the region though seeing some airports (like MCI, CLE, etc) have allegiant at their main airport


http://flystl.com/Newsroom/Blog/tabid/4 ... -2016.aspx



does anyone think G4 would ever move to STL? or are they happy at mid america?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:15 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:


does anyone think G4 would ever move to STL? or are they happy at mid america?


I think MidAmerica is probably giving them a really good deal. I would expect landing fees are a lot lower. G4 also seems happy to be in secondary airports in a lot of markets.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 pm

http://www.gatewaystreets.org/2017/visi ... t-airport/

New article/blog talking about some of airports long term plans. Demolishing and rebuilding the concourse areas of T1 is part of it. T2 stuff as well.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
http://www.gatewaystreets.org/2017/visions-of-new-concourses-at-lambert-airport/

New article/blog talking about some of airports long term plans. Demolishing and rebuilding the concourse areas of T1 is part of it. T2 stuff as well.


The demo and rebuild of T1, in my opinion is a pipe dream. The $70 million renovation to they just completed to make it less of a dungeon is pretty much evidence of that.

I could not see a hotel being part of the terminal either. Now, we DO need more parking at T2. That little mess of a garage is a nightmare. I don't park there when I travel because it is always full, and like my Parking Spot 1 place.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:59 pm

TWA302 wrote:

The demo and rebuild of T1, in my opinion is a pipe dream. The $70 million renovation to they just completed to make it less of a dungeon is pretty much evidence of that.

I could not see a hotel being part of the terminal either. Now, we DO need more parking at T2. That little mess of a garage is a nightmare. I don't park there when I travel because it is always full, and like my Parking Spot 1 place.


I would tend to agree, this has to be some really really long term plans. I haven't had many issues when parking in T2 but I have seen the complaints about it being full so the demand must be there. It is a weird garage. I only park there sometimes when I want to pick someone up and go inside to help them. For me expanding doesn't matter because I am going to park in a cheaper lot anyways for my trips.
 
william
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Image

Smart move, in the long run it will be cheaper to rebuild concourses. Its a similar to the design Love Field and Houston Hobby uses too. Simple yet adequate. Concourse D should come down too, though not necessarily building a hotel there.
 
BHMNONREV
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

william wrote:
Image

Smart move, in the long run it will be cheaper to rebuild concourses. Its a similar to the design Love Field and Houston Hobby uses too. Simple yet adequate. Concourse D should come down too, though not necessarily building a hotel there.


Agreed, although I don't how they will pay for it though. I have long been an advocate for a linear concourse at Terminal One, as the infrastructure of the concourses themselves is some 40+ years old and 60+ if you go to ground level.

And as far as D coming down, it is cheaper to leave in place mothballed than to tear it down unless there is a definitive revenue generating plan in mind, additional parking for T2 would be a welcome sight..
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:29 pm

BHMNONREV wrote:


And as far as D coming down, it is cheaper to leave in place mothballed than to tear it down unless there is a definitive revenue generating plan in mind, additional parking for T2 would be a welcome sight..


And now that they are starting to remodel it, I figure there is even less of a chance of them tearing it down.
 
william
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Why not tear down Concourse A if its too close to the taxi way? Move the tenants to C or D.
 
BHMNONREV
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
BHMNONREV wrote:


And as far as D coming down, it is cheaper to leave in place mothballed than to tear it down unless there is a definitive revenue generating plan in mind, additional parking for T2 would be a welcome sight..


And now that they are starting to remodel it, I figure there is even less of a chance of them tearing it down.


What they are doing is slapping a bit of lipstick on the pig, just some paint, tile and new signage. I wouldn't think that will stop them when the time comes

william wrote:
Why not tear down Concourse A if its too close to the taxi way? Move the tenants to C or D.


Actually the northern perimeter of all the concourses are too close to the taxiway, which resulted in operational hell during the hub days but I should think it is not too bad now.
 
User avatar
athena
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:50 pm

I know it's been talked about a lot, but the reason there is such a massive volume of UAX flights in STL is because both Trans States and GoJet have crew and maintanence bases here, which means planes get rotated in and out pretty often. I'm sure some of the routes could support larger planes, but I guess they figure the added frequency that comes from running more regional flights (not to mention operational efficiency) makes this situation tenable.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 pm

athena wrote:
I know it's been talked about a lot, but the reason there is such a massive volume of UAX flights in STL is because both Trans States and GoJet have crew and maintanence bases here, which means planes get rotated in and out pretty often. I'm sure some of the routes could support larger planes, but I guess they figure the added frequency that comes from running more regional flights (not to mention operational efficiency) makes this situation tenable.


That is why I figured we have so many ERJ145 flights. Those planes are terrible though. The seats are rock hard. Flying from Newark to here on one was one of the worst flights of my life. I was hoping we would get some of those routes switched to MRJ90's when they were supposed to start getting deliveries in 2018 but they keep delaying its launch. I do all I can to avoid them now. I am flying to New York this weekend and was happy Delta isn't using them.
 
User avatar
athena
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
That is why I figured we have so many ERJ145 flights. Those planes are terrible though. The seats are rock hard. Flying from Newark to here on one was one of the worst flights of my life. I was hoping we would get some of those routes switched to MRJ90's when they were supposed to start getting deliveries in 2018 but they keep delaying its launch. I do all I can to avoid them now. I am flying to New York this weekend and was happy Delta isn't using them.


Yeah, they'll be stuck with them until until they take the MRJ, which will definitely not be in the near future. G7 only flies the -700 and the -900, which the the ERJ145 make look like 739s. But STL is more or less assured to have a large amount of regional jets.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:08 pm

The new airport name is "official" now. I was in the airport today and all the electric signs had the new symbol. I liked the old one better though. I wish they would have just kept it and change the name on it.


http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 0242f.html
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Well this seems random. I didn't know shipping livestock overseas was a thing.

St. Louis Lambert International Airport is looking at a new source of air cargo — livestock.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 33efe.html

It also talks about them being out of hanger space and updates the new renovations in Concourse E a little bit.

It also mentions that 58% of the passanger growth last year was connecting passangers.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:36 am

BLV adding two new flights. Myrtle Beach and FLL.

Beginning May 26, Allegiant, which is the only passenger airline serving MidAmerica, will add direct flights to Myrtle Beach, S.C., on a seasonal basis, as well as year-round service to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Its flights to Destin/Fort Walton, Florida, will increase to five days a week.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... ights.html
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Mid-America is close to breaking even on money. Never thought I would ever hear those words.

http://fox2now.com/2017/02/28/mid-ameri ... ir-county/
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:46 pm

January numbers are in. Passengers up 5.6% over last year. Good start to the year.

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/documents ... Report.pdf
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:58 pm

 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:18 pm

So in the latest OAG changes thread http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1357647 STL-DFW (AA) is going from 9 to 7. That seems like a pretty large reduction. Is that a 'normal' seasonal adjustment, similar to past years or is it another indication that AA is still pulling back from STL?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:09 pm

TWA302 wrote:
So in the latest OAG changes thread http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1357647 STL-DFW (AA) is going from 9 to 7. That seems like a pretty large reduction. Is that a 'normal' seasonal adjustment, similar to past years or is it another indication that AA is still pulling back from STL?


I think that chart he makes compares year to year (for each month) not month to month. That said I don't know if some of those are going to bigger planes, maybe they are dialing back the MDs. Although, only 3 are on 737s now that I look so not sure. I never fly American so I don't know much about them really beside their history in STL with the TWA stuff.

One good thing is AA to LGA goes to 5 a day and it goes from 3 of 4 being on those crappy ERJ-145s to only 1 of 5 on them. Even when it dials back down to 4 in winter it is only one 145. I road on one a couple months ago and I will do all I can to avoid them again.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah looking up the schedules, they are adding more 738s as the Mad Dogs are phased out. And one CR9 goes out too. So probably an equal amount of seats.

I fly WN 98% of the time so I don't have to worry about those lawn darts into LGA :-)
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Yeah looking up the schedules, they are adding more 738s as the Mad Dogs are phased out. And one CR9 goes out too. So probably an equal amount of seats.

I fly WN 98% of the time so I don't have to worry about those lawn darts into LGA :-)


Same here. I am over 90% WN with a little DL and UA (SFO) sprinkled in when I like their nonstop times better or its international. I am riding on my first ERJ175 next week from SFO. I am curious to see what I think of those. I have heard they aren't too bad.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:52 pm

February numbers are out.

up 4.1% for the month.

up 4.9% for the year.

Air Cargo up 10% on the year.

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/documents ... b_ATAS.pdf
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
February numbers are out.

up 4.1% for the month.

up 4.9% for the year.

Air Cargo up 10% on the year.

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/documents ... b_ATAS.pdf



Think I accounted for about 1% of that YOY/MOM change :-)

Glad to see this!!!
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 pm

There also is a bid out to put another Local Restaurant Concept in T2.

It looks like it will be by gate E33. 1468 square feet with the option of 506 square feet of patio space.

At the end of the pdf there is a layout for it. It wasn't where I expected but I think it will be good to have that down there. Fills that bottom section around E29/33 out, especially if you have people going on past it now.

Other tidbits:

Common Use Club at E31 (we already knew about this)

Starbucks Kiosk at E29

Concession development in the vicinity of E36 will be limited to kiosks. (although I wonder if eventually as they open more gates if this will change, like it is for E29-33)

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/bid-docum ... d-2017.pdf
 
jplatts
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Will Southwest add nonstop service from St. Louis to Salt Lake City, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Jacksonville? All of the other major Southwest Airlines markets have nonstop service from STL.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 pm

jplatts wrote:
Will Southwest add nonstop service from St. Louis to Salt Lake City, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Jacksonville? All of the other major Southwest Airlines markets have nonstop service from STL.


Since all those already have service on another airline from STL or BLV (although Jacksonville is seasonal), I am guessing that keeps Southwest out somewhat. I could see them add Cincinnati though since it would be a good connecting point for them with their limited Southwest offerings. Since they are experimenting with Charleston on weekends, I could see that going daily next year. But you are right, there aren't many adds left that make much sense.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

The City is looking to privatize STL airport. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing but it seems to be portrayed as a good thing.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... b6be3.html
 
PC12Fan
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

On the STL front, I don't see 'expansion' happening unless WN has a massive increase in service prompting them and the city to renovate D. They have been slowly creeping towards the end of E when they added 33 and 31. I don't know how much more their current 15 gates could handle. That would be interesting information to know from someone. Anyone?


New article on expansion into concourse D. With pics.

http://www.kmov.com/story/34356485/lamb ... -expansion


Wow, the old purple carpet is down from the walls. Looks like a lots been going on since I left a couple years back. Very cool to see.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I'd like to hear thoughts on this one: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... ff16c.html

Seems about the only plus is that there would be (according to the article) more funds available when they jack up PAX fees? Why can't that be done without privatization?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:05 pm

TWA302 wrote:
I'd like to hear thoughts on this one: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... ff16c.html

Seems about the only plus is that there would be (according to the article) more funds available when they jack up PAX fees? Why can't that be done without privatization?


I personally don't understand it all. I don't get how adding a middle man helps anything besides the influx of up front funds, but then you would think the funds would be less on a yearly basis after that. With how much debt the airport has I don't really want the city to be able to take more funds from it for other things. Any income they make needs to be put towards debt. All that said, I don't really have a handle on the situation and what it all would mean.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 pm

 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:35 pm

TWA302 wrote:


I find it interesting to see which flights they announce and don't announce. I get when it is a new route but sometimes, like this, they announce that they added frequency, they do it for Southwest also. They never do it for UA, AA, or DL though. Like AA is adding a 3rd flight to Miami but they never announce it in a story.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 am

enilria wrote:

AC STL-YYZ JUL 1.8>3 AUG 1.9>3 SEP 1.8>3 OCT 1.8>3


This is nice to see.
 
User avatar
KanaHawaii
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am

Question: has the administration overseeing STL done anything about landing fees? My understanding is that the airport was still dealing with paying of a billion dollar bond on the new runway built about a decade ago. Because of the cost, and the downturn right after from TWA's bankruptcy, the airport was charging quite a bit in landing fees.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:54 pm

KanaHawaii wrote:
Question: has the administration overseeing STL done anything about landing fees? My understanding is that the airport was still dealing with paying of a billion dollar bond on the new runway built about a decade ago. Because of the cost, and the downturn right after from TWA's bankruptcy, the airport was charging quite a bit in landing fees.


They currently are at $7.65 and projected to go down more this year. I know that is down from the high but I don't know what the high was. That still is high but better than it was. And yes, they are still paying a bunch of money on that bond. I think that is one reason they are considering privatizing operations.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I was looking through the March Airport Commission meeting.

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/documents ... inutes.pdf

It says Southwest will be using 17 gates. That means they must be taking all the new gates since they are at 13 right now. Also mentions 2.2 millions dollars of upgrades by Southwest are anticipated in the future.
 
mwa459
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 am

So just for some quick discussion. Been looking at the Southwest route map from St. Louis and had some thoughts on what other domestic destinations they might add in order of least to most likely (at least what I think). So from most likely to least likely to get nonstop service
IND (Suprised this hasn't been added already)
CVG, MEM, SDF (Fill in the gaps for southwest connections)
SJC, ABQ, BVD, SMF (Longer shots mostly wishful thinking)
Interested to hear others thoughts
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm

mwa459 wrote:
So just for some quick discussion. Been looking at the Southwest route map from St. Louis and had some thoughts on what other domestic destinations they might add in order of least to most likely (at least what I think). So from most likely to least likely to get nonstop service
IND (Suprised this hasn't been added already)
CVG, MEM, SDF (Fill in the gaps for southwest connections)
SJC, ABQ, BVD, SMF (Longer shots mostly wishful thinking)
Interested to hear others thoughts


CVG I think will be a given, assuming things go well for WN there.

IND must be a distance thing. It's pretty close to drive. Although, not much closer than Nashville or KC. That said, I always thought they should do a flight that is IND-STL-west coast.

SDF/ABQ/GRR/BHM they have had before so I don't know if that makes them more or less likely to return.

CHS I could see going daily at least seasonally.

CLT might be another option. That is probably one of the biggest cities they don't fly to from STL (although AA does).

Really I don't think there is a whole lot left that I can point to that I think STL will get domestically besides CVG.

I do think CUN happens but that obviously isn't domestic.
 
N383SW
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm

mwa459 wrote:
So just for some quick discussion. Been looking at the Southwest route map from St. Louis and had some thoughts on what other domestic destinations they might add in order of least to most likely (at least what I think). So from most likely to least likely to get nonstop service
IND (Suprised this hasn't been added already)
CVG, MEM, SDF (Fill in the gaps for southwest connections)
SJC, ABQ, BVD, SMF (Longer shots mostly wishful thinking)
Interested to hear others thoughts


IND was served before, I can't remember when it was dropped. That was back when Southwest was in the 90ish flights a day range but had high frequency to less cities. After 9/11 Southwest was down to like 50-60 flights/day for a while. It would be nice to see IND and SDF (along with more frequency on other flights) back though.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 pm

I think it is mostly going to be more frequency at this point. Anywhere there is only one daily, it would be nice to see a second daily. CLE/AUS are getting a 2nd flight this summer. So that's nice.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:46 pm

The U.S. Transportation Department said on Monday it has granted preliminary approval to St. Louis to explore putting its city-owned airport under private management.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-misso ... SKBN17Q0VA
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Traffic up over 10% for March.
Up 7% for the year.

Connections were up 32% in March

http://www.flystl.com/uploads/documents ... 7_ATAS.pdf

http://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-news ... er-of-2017
 
GSP psgr
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:09 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Surprised to see seasonals to PNS, CHS, and ECP before STL-JAX, which even with AB corporate cuts always seemed like it would make some sort of sense (especially with WN's MDW operation increasingly constrained).
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:39 pm

GSP psgr wrote:
Surprised to see seasonals to PNS, CHS, and ECP before STL-JAX, which even with AB corporate cuts always seemed like it would make some sort of sense (especially with WN's MDW operation increasingly constrained).


ECP they have had for awhile now. At least a few years. Interestingly enough, my fiancée is flying to CHS in August but of course she is flying Thursday-Monday so she doesn't get to use the nonstop since it is only Sat/Sun). PNS is only once weekly. That article said once daily but it was wrong. Same about CHS being twice weekly, not daily.

Allegiant flies seasonally BLV (STL secondary airport)-JAX.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Traffic up over 10% for March.
Up 7% for the year.

Connections were up 32% in March



That is a HUGE jump in connections. Looking forward to the continued growth!
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Traffic up over 10% for March.
Up 7% for the year.

Connections were up 32% in March



That is a HUGE jump in connections. Looking forward to the continued growth!


I can't wait to see the remodel of the new gates opening up in D (now E) concourse. It's exciting to see it getting use.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Traffic up over 10% for March.
Up 7% for the year.

Connections were up 32% in March



That is a HUGE jump in connections. Looking forward to the continued growth!


I can't wait to see the remodel of the new gates opening up in D (now E) concourse. It's exciting to see it getting use.


I think it is supposed to be finished in June if I recall. I am going STL-DEN-STL-MCO next week, so if I depart down there I will pop my head in and check it out, maybe grab a photo of the progress.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:


That is a HUGE jump in connections. Looking forward to the continued growth!


I can't wait to see the remodel of the new gates opening up in D (now E) concourse. It's exciting to see it getting use.


I think it is supposed to be finished in June if I recall. I am going STL-DEN-STL-MCO next week, so if I depart down there I will pop my head in and check it out, maybe grab a photo of the progress.


June is correct. I don't currently have anything scheduled until June on WN out of STL so anything you see would be great. I took a couple pics in March. They had most of the tile down it looked like.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos